I'm making a Gaintess Vore Platformer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: I'm making a Gaintess Vore Platformer

Postby tgcidolfus » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:06 am

Well, after playing it for a bit, i'll say the biggest thing that I noticed was the moving + jump mechanic.
If you try to move forward and jump near the same time, the jump will not work, but jumping then moving works fine. I think this is the biggest thing that will throw off most players as not even jumping in a platformer usually will lead to their death and/or a lot of frustration as pressing to move in the direction you want to jump before it is what most platformers (from my personal experience) have incorporated.

Also a way to skip game over scenes might be something to incorporate, such as hitting a designated restart button to star the level over, and while yes, I know many people enjoy the scenes, when looking to clear a level or get to a certain point seeing the same 10-20 second game over scenes over and over could annoy some players.

But as a 0.1 ill say this is very good so far and has a lot of potential.

I also laughed at the disable voice acting button.
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby VoreNut » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:02 am

I do have something I'd like to suggest myself. You know the giantess sleeping in level 2? Perhaps she should show up again in other levels being lazy, with different optional interactions each time. That is, if you can find the time to program that.
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dele350b26b9 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:14 am

Sinistral wrote:So I managed to get through all three levels. The game isn't bad. I like that you have some decent sound effects an you have multiple girls that can be identified easily by the hand itself. I wouldn't mind seeing more alternate ways to pass an obstacle like in level 2, or maybe even a branching level in the future. I'm glad you introduced the sign posts in level one in a place that wasn't over a pit. I didn't think about jumping over them and it threw me off the first time.

That being said I ran into a rather severe problem. Jumping will only work like 60%-70% of the time. You can be running along and need to jump only to have it not register and you fall to your doom. I've had multiple times I was stuck in between one tile high boxes, and could do nothing but watch that hand come down because jamming the up key and/or the space bar did nothing. It definitely shows up more if you stop on a box to re position and then try to make a running jump. Are you only allowed to jump on certain frames of animation? This was the only really glaring thing that jumped out at me.

Keep up the good work. I enjoyed it and look forward to more.

Thanks! And no, I didn't purposly implement anything to only allow you to jump on certain frames, it's a bug.

tgcidolfus wrote:thanks for the release, time to check it out

I would also suggest editing your 1st post and post the download link there to make it easier for people to find when this thread gets many pages long =)

Good call, will do.

Darian wrote:Hmmm... just downloaded this, and am going to check it out... would you ever plan on adding a female player character?

Yes I do, I don't know when yet though.

tgcidolfus wrote:Well, after playing it for a bit, i'll say the biggest thing that I noticed was the moving + jump mechanic.
If you try to move forward and jump near the same time, the jump will not work, but jumping then moving works fine. I think this is the biggest thing that will throw off most players as not even jumping in a platformer usually will lead to their death and/or a lot of frustration as pressing to move in the direction you want to jump before it is what most platformers (from my personal experience) have incorporated.

Also a way to skip game over scenes might be something to incorporate, such as hitting a designated restart button to star the level over, and while yes, I know many people enjoy the scenes, when looking to clear a level or get to a certain point seeing the same 10-20 second game over scenes over and over could annoy some players.

But as a 0.1 ill say this is very good so far and has a lot of potential.

I also laughed at the disable voice acting button.

Yes the moving jumping is a problem, I had noticed it but seen it as a minor thing, but thanks to everyone who posted here telling me it's a big problem, I'll try my best to fix it.
And you're right about the incredibly long respawn time, I'll add an option to skip it.

VoreNut wrote:I do have something I'd like to suggest myself. You know the giantess sleeping in level 2? Perhaps she should show up again in other levels being lazy, with different optional interactions each time. That is, if you can find the time to program that.

Sounds good, I don't see why not, I don't want to overuse her or anything but if you like her I'll make her appear again sometime in the future.
dele350b26b9
Been posting for a bit

Postby Fancyguy9900 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:25 am

I'm just wonder but what are you using to make this game? Sorry if that's a little off topic or not the game related questions you were hoping for
Fancyguy9900
New to the forum

Postby dele350b26b9 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:53 pm

Fancyguy9900 wrote:I'm just wonder but what are you using to make this game? Sorry if that's a little off topic or not the game related questions you were hoping for

No It's alright, I'm using a program called Construct 2, It's kindoff a coding/drag and drop hybrid, as in, I will simply click a "Create object" Button, where I then load an image into that I created, and then just drag into into whatever position I want it to be.
After that I go to the event sheets and create actions like: When ObjectA is overlapping with ObjectB trigger EventA

the program is free to use for the basic edition, but if you want to make a larger game (which this definatly is in their standards) you will need to buy the full version.

Here is their site:
https://www.scirra.com/
dele350b26b9
Been posting for a bit

Postby tinybrazilian » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:19 pm

Last edited by tinybrazilian on Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinybrazilian
New to the forum

Postby Doomlycupcake » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:37 pm

This game is like pepsi man. shit controls
Doomlycupcake
Participator

Postby tinybrazilian » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:03 pm

Last edited by tinybrazilian on Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinybrazilian
New to the forum

Postby estel » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:47 am

why would you add a linux and osx version o a windows installer?
estel
Been posting for a bit

Postby Miridium » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:05 am

It'd be nice if your hitbox were a little smaller. Too many times I find myself getting grabbed by a hand that shouldn't have gotten me.
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Maexam2 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:36 pm

Umm... I don't mean to rush or pressure you pal, but, how's the progress of the game so far since the last update? Can you give everyone a preview or something of what your working on?
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VoreNut » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Also, do you have any teaser images for a future update? Don't have to post em if you don't want to, after all, you don't want to spoil us rotten eh?
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tonyvld » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Hrm...where to start...well I suppose a thank you is a good a place as any, so thank you for making a nicely made game for us all to enjoy, now as far as gripes or complaints go, most were listed already, such as being able to skip scenes, the jumping, etc. Now I admit it, this game is insanely hard, and I did notice one thing you did, each giantess has a certain 'Personality' The Blonde with a missing tooth, she's your random and slow grabber, The one with Purple highlights is your persistant sweeper, The Grey/Silver haired one is your striker (Fast Grabs at random) and your Black Haired one seems to be a mix of the others, as she is sometimes slow like the blonde, or a quick striker like the Grey haired one, however she will always be a persistant sweeper it seems, so that's where she mimics the one with purple highlights. Now I have beaten 2 of 3 levels, but the Goth keeps getting me right after getting over the pit near the spring, due to her silver haired friend joining in >.>; but I digress, The game is well built, and you seem to have great understanding in how to make the game work, I personally like this game and would love to see it grow into a full game. Now as for Ideas.....hm....How bout something like a mini game(s) something like being able to bounce on the bust, or butt of a giantess, but one slip up (Which will eventually happen anyway to end the mini game) and you're nommed.
A kind twin tailed fennec kitsune.
tonyvld
Somewhat familiar

Postby dele350b26b9 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Wel... Hi everyone, It's been awhile since I've been online.
I guess I'll give you guys a quick update:
A few weeks ago I managed to get a stable 9 - 5 job, now I'm really happy about that don't get me wrong, but with less than pleasent travel times, It has left me with alot less free time than I had before.
I'm not gonna reveal to much about my personal life, but lets just say I work behind a computer all day, and when I get home I have very little motivation to jump behind my laptop and start typing clicking & dragging away at the editor of my game.
As a result the progress of the game has pretty much halted... Now don't get me wrong it has NOT stopped, I'm sure that after a while I'll feel like working on it again, maybe when I have a huge boost in inspiration for whatever reason. To increase the chances of this 'boost' to happen I will start drawing stuff again, and hey, who knows maybe when I get a vacation I'm bored in 2 days and full of Idea's and I'll pump out a new version in a matter of days.
But for now, I won't make any promises on when this is going to happen, I know how my mind works and forcing myself to work on something I don't want to do never works out for me.

Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions and feedback ^ I have read them, and will take them to heart when the progress continues.

Huge thanks to those of you who are patient enough to give me time with my new lifestyle in my own snail-pace.
dele350b26b9
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maexam2 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:35 pm

Hey there! Say, is this game still being worked on? I mean, no more comments are entering here and there are no news on progress since the 5th. I don't mean to rush or pressure you pal, but, how's the progress of the game so far since the last update? Can you give everyone a preview or something of what your working on?
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VoreFan362 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:23 pm

So far, it's a really nice game! The only thing that I don't like about it is how hard it is to dodge the hands. For example, the second level features a giantess who tracks your every movement, yet, the player has to dodge another giantess's hand. I find it very difficult to progress through scenarios like that, and, very frequently, the jump mechanism is the problem, not just limited to that particular scenario.

I'm curious as to how the green-eyed giantess looks like. I hope I can see her vore animation, sometime.

I'm also curious about the fourth level, and how that's going to turn out.

I hope that in the new update that some giantesses will be nude, basically, as that might make the game a bit more pleasureful.

A suggestion, though, you don't need to proceed with it, if you don't want to, it would be nice to have an array of giantess vore animations of the same giantesses. Just a suggestion, though.
VoreFan362
Participator

Location: Inside a nice giantess/giant cat girl's stomach, and loving it!

Postby TestSubject6 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Still can't wait to see the next version of this game. The last build was pretty fun, even if the controls weren't the best at times.
TestSubject6
New to the forum

Postby VoreSkeeter » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:30 pm

Awesome !
''Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.''

Dylan Thomas
VoreSkeeter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby grelby » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:30 pm

What ever happened to this??
grelby
New to the forum

Postby FutureBellyAche » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:08 am

Dev stopped working on this. Necroing the post ain't gonna really help.
edit:also they're a deleted user. so double dead.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Previous

Return to Vore game