Pokenoms

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Pokenoms

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:20 pm

Creaturedude wrote:
Thagrahn wrote:So, when a pokemon or trainer faints, is that when the noms happen, and do we get to pick who does the nomming?

If you run across a wild pokemon without pokemon to protect you, you will be nommed by the pokemon. A wild pokemon will eat your pokemon when it faints if that pokemon was the last available pokemon in your party. If you do not have the required funds to pay after losing atrainer battle, that trainer will eat you.

What about having your pokemon nom the wild pokemon, or an option to either get payed or nom the other trainers?

No fun just being on the prey side.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Creaturedude » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:04 pm

Gibet wrote:I'm interested in the concept! I may be willing to contribute music once I get an idea of what the gameplay will be like :)

I also agree with the notion that, if you're going to be building something from the ground up, it may be a good idea to start out with something simple in order to really get the concept off of the ground. You can always add more content after you've got a playable game put together on a small scale!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you want, you can pm me so we can discuss it in detail. And thats my plan as far as game design. I was mainly going to go to the first gym leader, then build from there.
Life is really fucking hard. It would be so much simpler if I were ass and tit fat.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Creaturedude » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:06 pm

Thagrahn wrote:
Creaturedude wrote:
Thagrahn wrote:So, when a pokemon or trainer faints, is that when the noms happen, and do we get to pick who does the nomming?

If you run across a wild pokemon without pokemon to protect you, you will be nommed by the pokemon. A wild pokemon will eat your pokemon when it faints if that pokemon was the last available pokemon in your party. If you do not have the required funds to pay after losing atrainer battle, that trainer will eat you.

What about having your pokemon nom the wild pokemon, or an option to either get payed or nom the other trainers?

No fun just being on the prey side.

The whole losing and payment will work both ways. I'll have it so that you can challenge a trainer multiple times to whittle away their money until they dont have enough to pay you. As for your pokemon nomming wild pokemon, I honestly hadn't thought about that. I'll see what I can do.
Life is really fucking hard. It would be so much simpler if I were ass and tit fat.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:30 am

Yeah. I have actually worked on a game before with a Small team, and I can tell you this isn't going to work out.

Even if you were to get a team together thats it's own challange, and you really can't depend on anyone you are not paying. They will flake on you and they will flake immeadiately on everything.

Also if you can't do programming I just have to say, programming won't get done. Trust me on that one. You have to hold a programmers feet to the fire if you want anything from them.

I say take a Rom Hack of an actuall pokemon game, and modify it a little. Like Moemon. All this new pokemon, new regions buisness is MASSIVELY out of reach.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Creaturedude » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:33 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Yeah. I have actually worked on a game before with a Small team, and I can tell you this isn't going to work out.

Even if you were to get a team together thats it's own challange, and you really can't depend on anyone you are not paying. They will flake on you and they will flake immeadiately on everything.

Also if you can't do programming I just have to say, programming won't get done. Trust me on that one. You have to hold a programmers feet to the fire if you want anything from them.

I say take a Rom Hack of an actuall pokemon game, and modify it a little. Like Moemon. All this new pokemon, new regions buisness is MASSIVELY out of reach.

Well here's the problem. I have no idea how to rom hack. Even if I did, I feel like i wouldn't be able to modify it enough for the game to work the way i want it to.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby night22 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:20 pm

A game by an idea guy? I mean I can dream and talk big all day too, but if it's your project, you really have to oversee the coding personally. I've never heard of a project being led and completed by an art guy leading an unpaid team.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Creaturedude » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:13 pm

night22 wrote:A game by an idea guy? I mean I can dream and talk big all day too, but if it's your project, you really have to oversee the coding personally. I've never heard of a project being led and completed by an art guy leading an unpaid team.

I would just like some assistance. I'm still going to code, ots just going to take some time.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:58 am

Creaturedude wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:Yeah. I have actually worked on a game before with a Small team, and I can tell you this isn't going to work out.

Well here's the problem. I have no idea how to rom hack. Even if I did, I feel like i wouldn't be able to modify it enough for the game to work the way i want it to.

Seriously it will be easier to learn how to rom hack then make a whole game. No joke. Trust me, do that.

I worked 10 hour days for a week straight just to make items that would fill up a single tract house. I made hundreds of models.

Books, shelves, TVs, clocks, computers, watches, racks, food, medicine, appliences, cabinents, silverware, tables, chairs, sofas, speakers, vases, plants ECT ECT ECT ECT ECT ECT ECT.

And when we went to populate the house, it was barren! It was like someone just moved in from a 1 room apartment!

That was 1 house!

You don't understand how much work even a Pokeclone is, starting from the ground up. I thought I understood what it took to make a game, it took me and a team of 7 others 6 months to make something that wasn't even remotely fun, and was basically ONE level.

No matter what this project is going to be a MASSIVE undertacking, Starting from the ground up will be impossible, I tell you this now, it will be impossible.

IM NOT TELLING YOU THIS TO DISCOURAGE YOU.

Your only chance, the ONLY hope you have, is to take an existing Pokemon Game, and modify that. You can't make a full fleged pokeclone, with the resources available to you here.

You can't.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby shea123 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:58 am

if you need someone to write the story of the game, all the dialogue and such, im here. just let me know :)
shea123
New to the forum

Postby CatriaFan24 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:34 am

Yeah, I'll admit, people have a point about modding a Pokemon game.
If you are doing that, your best bet is to do any of the GBA games, as far as I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, nobody modded anything in the DS games other than a few sprites.
And the GBA games are much faster than the DS games, I mean Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, and Soulsilver are pretty slow when compared to Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and Leafgreen.
CatriaFan24
Been posting for a bit

Postby eatmeplease » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:35 am

What about making it in RPG Maker?
eatmeplease
---

Postby polyedit2000 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Eh, not a serious question, but assuming this game is made from scratch and recent Pokemon games...

A. What do you think about Mega Forms (X/Y/Alpha/Omega)? This is a mechanic where certain Pokemon can "temp-evolve" into a stronger state. This has included Mawile getting two back-mouths.

B. What do you think about Alola forms (Sun/Moon)? These are old-style pokemon that have adapted to the new region of the game, changing their forms and even their types. As a recent example, Raichu became a Elec/Psychic type from eating a lot of pancakes.

C. And what Pokemon will be involved? Not good with pokemon names, but from a recent trailer (Sun/Moon), you have a small fish pokemon that can School into a giant whale-like swarm and something like a sea urchin/cucumber that can stick its Innards Out.

D. Would this play out like a standard Pokemon game, or do you plan to dapple in other Pokemon spin-offs? Just saying:

Card- based on card game, which is based on MtG
Shuffle- Puzzle game
Park - Pokemon going around with a bit
Rumble - Action combat with tons of enemies
Tournament - Fighting style
Rangers - Drawing action
Dungeon - Tiled RPG
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Look Pokemon Uranium, JUST released!

A fan made pokemon game, made by a team of people, with all new regions, moves, and Pokemon!

And it only took them 9 years!

NINE YEARS!!!

HOW DO I MAKE THE DAMN FONT NINE INCHES TALL TO DRIVE HOME THAT POINT!!!
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:01 pm

A build your own complete version takes so long, but who says everything needs to be custom for a fan based free game?

First, make a list of all existing pokemon prior to Sun and Moon.
Second, remove ALL legendary and engineered pokemon.
Third, carefully consider each pokemon place in the world, and remover the ones that don't fit into the environment of the region you are creating.
Carefully, group and consider same type "base" pokemon. (ignore evolutions at all cost when picking through these.)
Finally, bring your "existing" pokemon list down to about 25.

With there evolutions, you should have about 65, which should be about half the pokemon needed to full the region.

Remember that a lot of trainers got reused, too.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Creaturedude » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:33 pm

eatmeplease wrote:What about making it in RPG Maker?

That was my plan, it was the only thing I could think of that was free that would suit my needs.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Creaturedude » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:35 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:Eh, not a serious question, but assuming this game is made from scratch and recent Pokemon games...

A. What do you think about Mega Forms (X/Y/Alpha/Omega)? This is a mechanic where certain Pokemon can "temp-evolve" into a stronger state. This has included Mawile getting two back-mouths.

B. What do you think about Alola forms (Sun/Moon)? These are old-style pokemon that have adapted to the new region of the game, changing their forms and even their types. As a recent example, Raichu became a Elec/Psychic type from eating a lot of pancakes.

C. And what Pokemon will be involved? Not good with pokemon names, but from a recent trailer (Sun/Moon), you have a small fish pokemon that can School into a giant whale-like swarm and something like a sea urchin/cucumber that can stick its Innards Out.

D. Would this play out like a standard Pokemon game, or do you plan to dapple in other Pokemon spin-offs? Just saying:

Card- based on card game, which is based on MtG
Shuffle- Puzzle game
Park - Pokemon going around with a bit
Rumble - Action combat with tons of enemies
Tournament - Fighting style
Rangers - Drawing action
Dungeon - Tiled RPG

I think the mega-forms are cool, but they are an extra layer of complicated I don't want to deal with. The Alola forms are kinda dumb in all honesty. I will have custom pokemon. And it will play like a standard game.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Creaturedude » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:39 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Look Pokemon Uranium, JUST released!

A fan made pokemon game, made by a team of people, with all new regions, moves, and Pokemon!

And it only took them 9 years!

NINE YEARS!!!

HOW DO I MAKE THE DAMN FONT NINE INCHES TALL TO DRIVE HOME THAT POINT!!!

There should be a drop down box where you can select font size. :)
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vore2412 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:31 am

All right, first of all, props to Creaturedude to have a desire to make a game for the community, especially with Pokemon, it sounds like it could be promising. It would be one hell of a challenge as has been pointed out by multiple people. However, one man projects are doable, getting teams together and keeping them together is quite the hassle. I wish Creaturedude the best of luck and not to be discouraged by naysayers that want this or that in a game, or thing its beyond your capabilities. I also would like to encourage people that are giving Creaturedude a hard time to let him do his best and quit trying to drive home points, instead, give him constructive help, maybe share the results of your efforts in trying to do something similar.

Again, good luck Creaturedude, rooting for you.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:45 am

vore2412 wrote:All right, first of all, props to Creaturedude to have a desire to make a game for the community, especially with Pokemon, it sounds like it could be promising. It would be one hell of a challenge as has been pointed out by multiple people. However, one man projects are doable, getting teams together and keeping them together is quite the hassle. I wish Creaturedude the best of luck and not to be discouraged by naysayers that want this or that in a game, or thing its beyond your capabilities. I also would like to encourage people that are giving Creaturedude a hard time to let him do his best and quit trying to drive home points, instead, give him constructive help, maybe share the results of your efforts in trying to do something similar.

Again, good luck Creaturedude, rooting for you.

Scope and scale kill games, not the number of people working on them. Take on to big of a project, and you end up canning it out of frustration.

Limit your workload, get the basics first, then build from there.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Pokemon Vore Game

Postby JustAQuinn » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:32 am

ryanshowseason3 wrote:I'd say whatever you do... reduce your scope drastically.

There is basically no hope of a one man show recreating all of pokemon in another platform. Even if it's just Gen 1.

Even the best of indie one man shows don't come close to that magnitude, Undertale, Cave Story, Touhou, Dust or Papers please. And they've been honing their craft for years.
If you think you're going to recreate pokemon in entirety I have bad news.

I'd recommend focusing on a core set of a couple dozen pokemon and a few cities/gyms.

I don't mean to discourage, only to set expectations and reasonable goals as a fellow developer.

RPG Maker is a good bet. libgdx I think makes a smooth looking tile based game but the programming experience required is a high bar. Unless you have prior experience in coding RPG maker is a good option.

Someone doesn't know about Pokemon Essentials~
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game