Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

Postby darkevilme » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:i have a question of how i should be handling things:

when i edit something, i've only been crediting myself as editor when someone else is already credited as writer. i have not thus far credited myself for edits to your stuff or for new additions
what i wanna know is, is it cool if i continue to not credit myself except maybe when i add new components to scenes? or would you rather i mark down a <!-- edited by slayerhero90 --> on every thing i ply my skills at?

Well, if you don't want to credit yourself for editing that's fine. I don't credit myself...anywhere, even where I've done a slight revision to guest submissions. But if your content is wholly new I think it's only fair if you put your name on it.

That being said it doesn't make that much difference? I haven't gotten around to adding a 'you are currently in content written by X' into the dialogue engine. So the comments are all in the xml files.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:35 pm

aight. i might start doing it with new additions.

also, how would i make an conversational assertion that examines the size of one's body parts? so, for example, i could say
"<conditional>Even your</conditional> breasts make no obstacle"
for larger sizes or just
"<conditional>Your</conditional> breasts make no obstacle" for smaller sizes?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:42 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:aight. i might start doing it with new additions.

also, how would i make an conversational assertion that examines the size of one's body parts? so, for example, i could say
"<conditional>Even your</conditional> breasts make no obstacle"
for larger sizes or just
"<conditional>Your</conditional> breasts make no obstacle" for smaller sizes?

Code: Select all
<conditional><condition operator="lessthan" evaluate="BODYVALUE" bodypart="breasts" partvalue="size" value="8"/>
Your
</conditional>
<conditional><condition operator="greaterthan" evaluate="BODYVALUE" bodypart="breasts" partvalue="size" value="8"/>
Even your
</conditional>

This command is so old it's actually listed in the grossly out of date dialogue editing guide found here
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:49 pm

thanks for that and the link to the guide

do those accommodate a size of exactly 8? (or 3, as i bumped it down to). they look like they just do lower and higher than 8

also i should mention that the mushmom victory conversation i pastebinned a little ways up shouldn't be non-functional like the defeat and seduced entries are
it fixes some points at which the guest author failed to account for the player not wearing clothes or not having a snatch
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:06 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:thanks for that and the link to the guide

do those accommodate a size of exactly 8? (or 3, as i bumped it down to). they look like they just do lower and higher than 8

also i should mention that the mushmom victory conversation i pastebinned a little ways up shouldn't be non-functional like the defeat and seduced entries are
it fixes some points at which the guest author failed to account for the player not wearing clothes or not having a snatch

greaterthan is actually greater than or equals. you'll want equals for just equals. and less than is just less than.

also. the guest author wrote before the addition of phalifungi, hermilixirs..that's why they don't take into account the player not having a snatch.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:21 pm

that explains that. either way, i've fixed that much, near as i can tell

real shit though, we all missed out on the opportunity to call the mushroom-girls fungirls. the portmanteau was right there. i'm defo calling them that here and there

i think the edited mushmom npc text also works. at the very least, the attack and visual descriptions should copy-paste just fine
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:47 am

So I figure I'd put up a post to cover 3 aspects: What I'm doing now, what is currently on the bounty board for things I would like guest written, and a question of the financial dynamics of nomad.

What am I doing now?
I'll be honest I've been split between elements trying to find something I can plough a decent amount of enthusiasm and energy into getting done and so my progress hasn't been stellar recently. On the table is observer vore, adding a new enemy to AMII, spacepirates, adding a new settlement(in space!), matter transmitters and a few other things.

If you're curious what I've done I've been adding content from slayerhero, adding 3 new psi perk/moves(mind shield, mind break, expurgation) and perhaps most importantly added a way to FORCE a save to reset when you load it even if the save is from the same version.

What is on the bounty board: this is the list of scenes I'd like guest written if possible to flesh out the next update.

Hooded lamia as predator, unbirthing from seduced player start (on the list cause I don't do well at ub)
Spoiler: show
the aforementioned new enemy is going to be a 'hooded' lamia variant with a cobra hood in place of hair and a ranged attack that involves expelling glops of aphrodisiac laden goo at the player until they're so addled with lust they submit themselves to the lamia,
in which case they're unbirthed and probably juiced to give the lamia pleasure

additional captives. currently only fawns are capturable. what would it be like to capture a raptor? a lamia? or an ice treader? or anything else that wasn't a fawn. And can you think up a more interesting training/progression plan than simply having them switch to being willing to engage in lewds with you after you've pleasure addled them enough.

seduction options for saurian villagers. You can seduce elf villagers, you can't seduce saurian villagers. This should probably be fixed at some point.

player as predator analvore of defeated/seduced npc enemies. (need more than 3-4 scenes)

3. a question of economy. This is an interesting one to me. and is split into two questions regarding the process of buying and selling in Nomad.

-is it too easy to acquire money? cause I'm getting the impression players are getting their hands on the crescent,a-plas carapace and such rather easily. This might mean that it's too easy to make money in the game or things are too cheap.

-is equipment too cheap vs consumables and food items? or are consumables and food items too expensive? it might be that everything that's equipment should be say, twice as expensive as it is to reflect the fact that it lasts a lot longer than a consumable does. Plus this might help to address this notion that being a pred is easier due to not needing to pay for meals, if paying for meals takes a significant portion of your budget compared to gearing up this might be an issue in the way nomad structures its pricing.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:09 am

Capture targets:
The one foe that comes to mind that sounds like she would be the most fun to capture is the draconian. Can't say it'd be the safest to contain her but man, do I love beating down the haughty. Though, in this breath, I should also ask if the draconian can respawn and isn't just a once-off, because I have other ideas for interactions with her.

Money, Nutrition, and Ship Upgrades:
Note: this will assume the prices you get with my stats. I don't know if they vary depending on social skills but the purchase price proportions should be the same to everybody, except with the Crescent.
Personally, I think there may be multiple goofs in the pricing structure.
- As it stands, a single meal (75 g) costs more from the two village traders than a bolt of fabric or a blue crystal (both 62.5 g). The total cost of nine of those same meals (675 g) can buy you one item of most forms of armament sold post-Serpent (usually 500-625 g).
- The practical elements in favor of being a pred are just as much about time spent doing versus time spent getting ready to do. If a deku nut sells to the elven shopkeep for 100 g and a primitive meal costs 75 g, then farming deku nuts will more than provide the means to feed an abstinent nomad, but it will also take up a fair amount of your time, as well as lock you into a pattern of spending money for food instead of saving up for something that will help you for much longer. This is something I would not actually change; I just needed to make more of my stance clear.
- Most quests offer only 100 or 200 g. The reward can only feed you for a night or two.
- Gourds provide more nourishment than primitive meals and, if Brightfeather has been spoken to, can be safely farmed in one of the two areas they spawn in, supplementing the more common and less-nourishing alien fruit. Moreover, they sell for less than primitive meals.
- Saurians eat salad, apparently, because that's what primitive meals are.
- The Crescent (1000 g) costs only 375 gold more than a bottle of hermilixir (625 g). It costs exactly as much as an arming sword (1000g).
- Statistically, the aplas carapace is a direct upgrade to all of the armors of AM II, but not a godly upgrade. It's more useful to get before going into Zorr, due to its shock resistance, than before journeying to AM III.

My takes on all this:
- The cost of new equipment, talharan or medieval, is just fine, in my opinion. The numbers feel right, even in the case of the aplas carapace. Let's use the price of equipment as the standard by which we judge all other prices.
- Primitive meals cost too much for the amount of nourishment they give. If they went down in price or went up in nutrition, it would be sensible either way, though the former has a little more grounds since primitive meals are salads.
- Perhaps a more nourishing alternative to the elves' primitive meal is due for the saurians. The idea of lizardfolk eating salad feel wrong to me.
- Quests need to offer way more money for their completion. It may be too easy to get your hands on permanent assets as-is, but that's mostly because farming renewable and largely-useless-to-pred resources far outclasses doing nonrenewable quests in terms of profit. A deku nut or two can net you the same profit as an entire quest. You could well afford to quadruple or quintuple some of the more difficult quests' rewards. Like, "Oh, you found my sister's sword? Here's enough to actually buy a weapon from me."
- Alchemical mixtures may also be a touch pricy, but their limited and mostly aesthetic use lowers the priority I place behind altering their prices.
- The Crescent is very cheap to obtain, but not as severely imbalanced as quest rewards are. Consider doubling or tripling the price to unearth it. I can't give better advice until I've compared it to the ship found on AM III.

This is just how I'd go about it. I haven't taken any game design courses so if my thoughts are bunk let me know.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:50 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Capture targets:
The one foe that comes to mind that sounds like she would be the most fun to capture is the draconian. Can't say it'd be the safest to contain her but man, do I love beating down the haughty. Though, in this breath, I should also ask if the draconian can respawn and isn't just a once-off, because I have other ideas for interactions with her.

Money, Nutrition, and Ship Upgrades:
Note: this will assume the prices you get with my stats. I don't know if they vary depending on social skills but the purchase price proportions should be the same to everybody, except with the Crescent.
Personally, I think there may be multiple goofs in the pricing structure.
- As it stands, a single meal (75 g) costs more from the two village traders than a bolt of fabric or a blue crystal (both 62.5 g). The total cost of nine of those same meals (675 g) can buy you one item of most forms of armament sold post-Serpent (usually 500-625 g).
- The practical elements in favor of being a pred are just as much about time spent doing versus time spent getting ready to do. If a deku nut sells to the elven shopkeep for 100 g and a primitive meal costs 75 g, then farming deku nuts will more than provide the means to feed an abstinent nomad, but it will also take up a fair amount of your time, as well as lock you into a pattern of spending money for food instead of saving up for something that will help you for much longer. This is something I would not actually change; I just needed to make more of my stance clear.
- Most quests offer only 100 or 200 g. The reward can only feed you for a night or two.
- Gourds provide more nourishment than primitive meals and, if Brightfeather has been spoken to, can be safely farmed in one of the two areas they spawn in, supplementing the more common and less-nourishing alien fruit. Moreover, they sell for less than primitive meals.
- Saurians eat salad, apparently, because that's what primitive meals are.
- The Crescent (1000 g) costs only 375 gold more than a bottle of hermilixir (625 g). It costs exactly as much as an arming sword (1000g).
- Statistically, the aplas carapace is a direct upgrade to all of the armors of AM II, but not a godly upgrade. It's more useful to get before going into Zorr, due to its shock resistance, than before journeying to AM III.

My takes on all this:
- The cost of new equipment, talharan or medieval, is just fine, in my opinion. The numbers feel right, even in the case of the aplas carapace. Let's use the price of equipment as the standard by which we judge all other prices.
- Primitive meals cost too much for the amount of nourishment they give. If they went down in price or went up in nutrition, it would be sensible either way, though the former has a little more grounds since primitive meals are salads.
- Perhaps a more nourishing alternative to the elves' primitive meal is due for the saurians. The idea of lizardfolk eating salad feel wrong to me.
- Quests need to offer way more money for their completion. It may be too easy to get your hands on permanent assets as-is, but that's mostly because farming renewable and largely-useless-to-pred resources far outclasses doing nonrenewable quests in terms of profit. A deku nut or two can net you the same profit as an entire quest. You could well afford to quadruple or quintuple some of the more difficult quests' rewards. Like, "Oh, you found my sister's sword? Here's enough to actually buy a weapon from me."
- Alchemical mixtures may also be a touch pricy, but their limited and mostly aesthetic use lowers the priority I place behind altering their prices.
- The Crescent is very cheap to obtain, but not as severely imbalanced as quest rewards are. Consider doubling or tripling the price to unearth it. I can't give better advice until I've compared it to the ship found on AM III.

This is just how I'd go about it. I haven't taken any game design courses so if my thoughts are bunk let me know.

1. draconians do not respawn, but the encounter spawner for those zones will produce additional ones if one is removed. so if you kill or remove one there's a 25% chance each time you enter the zone it'll spawn another. But the spawners only ever produce 1 draconian per zone. This distinction is important as draconians will not share local flags, not even if they replace the one in the same zone.

I figured maybe someone'd mention the draconians though as I had a fair bit of fun writing their defeat scenes. That being said, an important question would need to be addressed with regards to them before we could make them capturable or further develop them.

1A. Just where exactly do the draconians come from? and why? the draconians show up after you blow the pass, but from where? why are they here? what have they been doing and how come the elves (normally quite good at giving information on surrounding hazards) never mentioned the DRAGONGIRLS?

2. so food items should be cheaper, quests should be more rewarding. I suppose that works out okay.

3. The crescent and the prospector are broadly similar being both tier 2 ships and not particularly specialized ones. The crescent is a bit more armoured, a bit slower and a bit more fuel hungry though(it's in the files as the heavy, cause i figured an armoured ship would explain why it basically smashed into the ground and survived the impact better than the hillside it hit did). Considering how much more challenging the prospector is to acquire there's something to be said for significantly increasing the price of the crescent.

4. with regards to perks that provide 'natural attacks' it's conceivable. though i need to think about things like fire breath. But I had notions of adding a psi branch for TK that let you do physical damage with psionics and I've also considered a perk that'd let you increase your hand to hand damage if you had claws.

edit:
5. Another thought. and this is a more general question anyone can answer...what possible out of combat uses should navigation have?
in combat it provides a bonus to your 'not getting shot' defence and improves the ship's rate of turn..out of combat though it doesn't actually do anything. So possible answers, what should the navigation skill do? what COULD the navigation skill do?
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:17 pm

I was planning on finishing up the mushgirl conversations today but I got sidetracked by an addition to my guide. Said addition is a separate document, linked to in the primary document, which organizes the stats of things in an easy-to-read format. I will also be putting the guide into my signature.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Here's the shroom edits.

Features:
- Edited the NPC, encyclopedia, and conversation files.
- Added anal vore scenes to both seduced and defeated routes.

That's pretty much it. My ADHD made this take way longer than it should have. Contemplating working with the harpies next but I might jump to the frog-girls instead, 'cause I got some fun AV ideas for them. I'm also gonna continue working on the stat-list.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:21 am

Sorry.

Didn't mean to post this comment in this thread.
Last edited by 0Anesthetic4u on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:27 am

couple things

- you can av combat-defeated fawns and you're supposed to be able to use it on zetamophs but there was a bug that made it require, like, unbirth instead
-- i've written av scenes for both defeated and seduced shroom-gals and am currently writing such for the frog-gals
- the item previously known as the lolli lolly has been renamed to binder and the description has been rewritten to better convey that all it does is flatten your chest. i changed it 'cause it kinda skeeved me out and dark wasn't too attached to the original wordplay so i got the go-ahead
- so now:
-- citrullus mammatus and binder are opposites for breasts (a fruit and a hard candy)
-- bounce and squeeze are opposites for butts (syringes)
-- chubb and slimfast are opposites for body weight, which also affects the other two
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:59 pm

baised on changelogs is this.. Out? I mean I didn't see a download but..?
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:11 pm

check again. you should see a link to the current version in one of the spoilers
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:23 pm

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:baised on changelogs is this.. Out? I mean I didn't see a download but..?

I think you've gotten lost in the secondary thread friend. It's dangerous to go alone, take this https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=43948

and yes, playable nomad updates have been happening for going on two years now. In my ongoing quest to make the most ambitious vore game of all time and somehow along the way stem the seemingly endless tide of bugs that crop up as I do this.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:57 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:couple things

- you can av combat-defeated fawns and you're supposed to be able to use it on zetamophs but there was a bug that made it require, like, unbirth instead
-- i've written av scenes for both defeated and seduced shroom-gals and am currently writing such for the frog-gals
- the item previously known as the lolli lolly has been renamed to binder and the description has been rewritten to better convey that all it does is flatten your chest. i changed it 'cause it kinda skeeved me out and dark wasn't too attached to the original wordplay so i got the go-ahead
- so now:
-- citrullus mammatus and binder are opposites for breasts (a fruit and a hard candy)
-- bounce and squeeze are opposites for butts (syringes)
-- chubb and slimfast are opposites for body weight, which also affects the other two

Oops. Didn't mean to post the origional comment in this thread.

OK so just fawns then that you have to attack with melee... No wonder.

Never found a Binder, a Bounce, or a Squeeze. Found like five or six Chubbs and at least three Slimfasts though.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:01 am

Okay so in nomad news. Well, project is still going. I'm not saying when next update is going to be done as I don't have a terribly well defined goal this time around. I'm trying to expand the game world by starting to add a few things beyond AM. Feature wise the big ones as far as things that required new infrastructure all we've done that's major is observer vore and the new 'scan' move to support the lifeform detector. Content wise...new stuff is going in. and will continue to do so, with the aforementioned emphasis on making the warp drive not the end of the game but a way of accessing additional content. Though probably i need to go and make saurian villagers able to be seduced at some point which is definitely an AM thing.

In Dev news, I'm 30 and back from a holiday in Italy.

To pitch a subject for consideration. Patreon supporters voted for expanded interaction with extant npcs. Now I can't remember what I meant when i put the option there, let alone what they thought I meant. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say the dialogue trees are a bit sparse.

So my favourite tool. a feedback form to harvest information.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfoL_Kd9K1Y7cw-CJuUby27iCIV4hgnCXCa_vAypZkfbXK7uQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
darkevilme
---

Postby darkevilme » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:34 am

bump with new content openings:

I figure it's been a while but I should put out my current help wanted to try and bulk out the current project.

I need monsters, monstergirls, beasts, whatever, that would fit a desert world. As I'm currently building one. Minimum requirement is to write their victory scenes of them eating the player or whatever (unless they're a robot, but we have one bot already) and provide a description of their appearance and fighting style. ideally though, fill in their NPC definition xml as well as their victory scenes and I'll be happier.

Of course, additional content for AMII or AMIII in the original starsystem is also possible. But the new desert world is my priority and basically empty at the moment. Current planned foes are:
Spoiler: show
dune style worms, snakes, minimacro tribe people, scarab robots

and if someone wants to take charge of building their own planet and needs my help please get in touch.

Hell if you need help turning your creations into proper conversation files for nomad get in touch, probably best to reach me on the discord server for the game.
darkevilme
---

Postby Anesthetic » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:35 am

Can I make a quick sugestion for a Perk.

I was thinking a perk that if you Vore something while you are fully sated you would gain an immediate heal, you could call it like Gluttony, or Over Eater, or Bottemless Pit.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game