Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

Postby darkevilme » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:22 pm

So as some people know I am the developer behind Nomad an attempt to make an open world vore game in a sci fi setting* and as I am acutely aware this is a task well above what is possible for one guy.

Now I have had some help, but I need a LOT more. So that's what this thread is for. There's two sides to this thread:

1. to try and encourage the creation of wholly third party additions to the world. To this end I welcome suggestions as to what people might need in order to build their own NPCs, Zones, Quests, Worlds, star systems. Help, guides, tutorials. questions and answers whatever.

2. To receive input with ideas, speculation on content and in general suggestions for Nomad.

Another side to this thread might be to act as a repository for content creation tutorials:
Dialogue guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HrK7F0cjoCH9DIHQTXAcP_4Lan2-J7kYV-dHUdqe88g/edit?usp=sharing
tutorial 1: planet lazor raptor
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11x7_ssvNT7gxJ8wRnWCaijKKWvcBqRCrkrzD0s_8Cuw/edit?usp=sharing

*sci fi settings are oddly neglected when it comes to vore fiction and games, but that's just my opinion
Last edited by darkevilme on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:37 am

It might be helpfull to list the things you need help with.

Sites rife with artists, but coders are rare, so ya might want to make it clear if you need them.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:05 am

fair point. And I probably shouldn't of chosen to write this thread when tired. But what I need is primarily those able to write. As doing dialogue, smut scenes, making quests and plot takes a good deal of time. Artists could be useful but are lower priority, nomad isn't a graphics heavy game. I can handle the programming. Which is good, cause I'm like one of the handful of programmers here. You're right we're a rare breed. Ultimately as one of Nomad's inspirations is trials in tainted space ideally what I want is a writing team, or at least a writer who contributes regularly.

So in summary:
I need writers for dialogue, vore and sex scenes.
I need writers to help come up with quests, plots, worldbuilding and characters.
I would like artists to do dialogue portraits, improved tilesets, replacement ship sprites, possibly replacement npc sprites.
I do not need need additional programmers. But if a programmer wants to contribute I won't actually complain.
darkevilme
---

Postby darkevilme » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:16 pm

No one? oh well. Bump anyway. Below is a google spreadsheet containing info on every item in the game. I have made no effort to apply sensible values and prices to anything. Items are unbalanced and their prices probably make no damned sense. But maybe I can at least get someone to help finetune this part even if I can't get writers to help with the game.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VaZg10UetclJnlygl8PeMaCSExEBECIz574V3l8EHrA/edit?usp=sharing
darkevilme
---

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:35 pm

So a combination of efforts have made it so the prices of equipment now makes some sense. Thanks to the community for that.

Bumping again as a new version of nomad is out and I still need:
Writers (for dialogue, vore scenes and sex scenes. important.)
ideas (of any kind, but ones where someone is willing to help contribute to their actualization are a bonus)
Motivation(But that's my own problem)
darkevilme
---

Postby Shroomz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:45 pm

I feel bad that this game hasn't gotten much community support yet. It's at the least a solid foundation to build on. I've considered trying to submit writing for scenes and whatnot, I've just never known what to expect from the process. Do you think you could explain your expectation on length, formatting, how/when stuff would be sent to and from you, how much consistency you're expecting, and so on? It'd give me an idea of whether I could try and pitch stuff in during my free time.

Unfortunately I've got zero coding experience, so all of whatever I'd be pitching in would be on the writing or conceptual angle.
Shroomz
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Shroomz wrote:I feel bad that this game hasn't gotten much community support yet. It's at the least a solid foundation to build on. I've considered trying to submit writing for scenes and whatnot, I've just never known what to expect from the process. Do you think you could explain your expectation on length, formatting, how/when stuff would be sent to and from you, how much consistency you're expecting, and so on? It'd give me an idea of whether I could try and pitch stuff in during my free time.

Unfortunately I've got zero coding experience, so all of whatever I'd be pitching in would be on the writing or conceptual angle.

I'm not needing anyone to do coding. I have that covered. As for expectations. Sure.

My own standards for a smut scene are:
it should come in at least three paragraphs that should be at least slightly self contained so i can use them as text blocks delivered to the player gradually. If it's a bad end vore scene triggered by combat then I need 1 block of text for successively escaping, 1 for failing to escape, and 1 for digestion. Each vore scene needs one escape option if its a bad end one.

Vore scenes triggered by dialogue either from the player victory or interactions do not need escape attempt options for them.

formatting wise. While I would like people to provide stuff pre-formatted into xml using the dialogue guide. It's not required, I can port things into the xml easily enough so long as dialogue branches and destinations are clearly marked. So i need some way of telling which are sequences, which are dialogue choices and where those choices go. So plain text submissions are fine.

How. I've had people send me stuff using drop box, filedropper, pastebin, and googledocs and in one case the private message function on the forums. I have a slight preference for googledocs myself.

When. I try to put out an update every two weeks. But seen as I can just leave things with placeholders if need be there's no deadlines for submission as I can always push things back to later, just so long as the stuff does eventually show up.

Stuff from me. I will put up planned content on the community contributions googledoc. But if people want to go off and write their own thing cause they think it'd be fun that's fine as well and I'll probably put it in the game so long as it isn't insanely silly. Also I am really easy to get ahold of with Pms if people want to say "I would like to do this which is/is not part of your plans what's your opinion on this idea" or just pop on the chat and look for warped_Realities

Consistency. I'm not sure what you mean by this. So I'm just going to say the good-er the better.

edit:
Come to think of it. Just look at what I've written so far in assets/data/conversations for examples and then do as good or better. I'm sure people can do better than the writing I'm doing essentially on the side while also implementing the game's code.
darkevilme
---

Postby Shroomz » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:55 am

By 'consistency' I mostly meant how predictable you'd want a writer to be in putting out content for you to include, I.E once a week, once every release, or if it's just freeform and whatever happens happens.
I'll keep all this in mind though, I just started work last week actually so I'll be a bit too busy to guarantee anything for a while, but once things settle down I'll try to take a crack at writing something up. I tend toward the lewder stuff, so don't expect OV or AV out of me too often though.

Anywho, thanks for the run-down, I'll see about doing something if I get the chance.
Shroomz
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:06 am

Shroomz wrote:By 'consistency' I mostly meant how predictable you'd want a writer to be in putting out content for you to include, I.E once a week, once every release, or if it's just freeform and whatever happens happens.
I'll keep all this in mind though, I just started work last week actually so I'll be a bit too busy to guarantee anything for a while, but once things settle down I'll try to take a crack at writing something up. I tend toward the lewder stuff, so don't expect OV or AV out of me too often though.

Anywho, thanks for the run-down, I'll see about doing something if I get the chance.

freeform, whatever happens happens. Though naturally the less frequently writers submit material the more writers I'll need in the end to really start bulking this game world out in a timely manner. But I'll take what I can get.

And trust me, leaning towards lewder stuff is fine. You are after all talking to the guy who wrote all the cock transformation scenes in nomad.
darkevilme
---

Postby darkevilme » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:25 am

So with the main developer (me) now working for a living and having much reduced energy levels and time to devote to creating debauchery for your amusement. I reiterate my calls for contributions and by the power of bump i do empower this thread with new life.

Otherwise nomad updates are going to be in future small, and infrequent.
darkevilme
---

Postby Arbon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:30 am

http://pastebin.com/iEnAtgxC

^ There's the pastebin, will expire in two weeks. I find myself a bit confused by the lack of guidelines and tried to fit within the existing molds, but I don't know enough about this programing language to make your job easier and I don't know what the limitations on what can and can't be presented. This was about as short as I can make it, as I really do specialize in long form stories I'm afraid. But if you would like more from me in the future, set a list of things you want stories from or existing things that you wouldn't mind modifying with extra options.

Otherwise I'll just post sporadically whenever the mood strikes.
Arbon
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:35 am

Arbon wrote:http://pastebin.com/iEnAtgxC

^ There's the pastebin, will expire in two weeks. I find myself a bit confused by the lack of guidelines and tried to fit within the existing molds, but I don't know enough about this programing language to make your job easier and I don't know what the limitations on what can and can't be presented. This was about as short as I can make it, as I really do specialize in long form stories I'm afraid. But if you would like more from me in the future, set a list of things you want stories from or existing things that you wouldn't mind modifying with extra options.

Otherwise I'll just post sporadically whenever the mood strikes.

cheers. Not sure what I'll do with a cow yet seen as we already have arkosaurs on alpha minoris II who fulfil an identical role, albeit with less farting, but another contributor is ALWAYS good and I appreciate the effort. but you want a guideline. I can do that for some things.

Spoiler: show
basic player lose vore scene
start->part1->part2->part3
part3 usually has the choice stage for fully ingested players where they choose between:
1. submit->digest->gameover
2. one or more attempts to escape sequences that follow the pattern of start->(perform check) followed by either:
1. succeed and escape
2. fail and get digested->gameover

the sequence for a basic player victory interaction with an npc is
part1->part2->part3

player victory has an assumed start page with choices that they all launch from, the usual defeated or horny npc type people have seen in the game.
choices can be inserted. but the pattern of things for player victory can be fairly free form. for instance the sequence for ubing a harpy is something like
part1->part2->part3 followed by choice:
1. digest
2. endo

there are no set guidelines for smut scenes triggered from dialogue with conversational npcs beyond i would like 3 paragraph/posts for them.

note that additional parts can be added to bulk out some sequences to make them longer, but the sequences shouldn't be shorter than 3 parts.

and no you don't need to hand things to me in xml. just label each block as to how they're supposed to fit together and I'll be good with it.

as for what to write next. There are VAST NUMBERS of npcs in the game who have no player victory interactions (no eating them, no sexual acts), also there's a nomad pending content googledoc linked in the first post. Which I might bulk out now I'm not the only one who is going to look at it.

beyond that stuff though. feel free to provide ideas about the sorta stuff you'd want to contribute. Feel free to bounce ideas for content for existing npcs off of me in PM.

edit: I just checked, and you have the player escape check afore the voring. I just want to say that's an acceptable pattern as well, the important thing is that the player should get an escape check seen as nomad runs on a dialogue system as opposed to the gameplay swallow->struggle->DOT->Struggle pattern of krishnac and daumatef.
darkevilme
---

Postby DarkPinkie » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:45 am

I'd love to help out but I doubt I'd be able to make any frequent addons. Heck I havn't even played Nomad in ages so there is probably a crapton I have to check out before I can sit down and write scenes I feel comfortable would fit with the game.

Also I have made myself super busy lately so I rarely find time for myself anymore. What time I do find I tend to fill with video games such as DOTA2 and Hearthstone.

Maybe I'll download the newest version and play a bit later today.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Winny » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:44 am

I have a question and i might ha e missed it say someone wants to add content is there a listof prefered fetishes to write or a list of fetishes you absolutely dont want to see
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:56 am

Winny wrote:I have a question and i might ha e missed it say someone wants to add content is there a listof prefered fetishes to write or a list of fetishes you absolutely dont want to see

preferred: basically more of the same for what we have so far. ov, cv, sex, herms, futa, av, ub, BV, TF, absorption, CTF, etc.

forbidden: there is only one, no male characters. male content will not be added to the version of nomad I'm releasing.

anything in between I'll probably still put in the game. It's just some things aren't my kinks, so even if i wanted to write them i'm entirely useless at doing so.

specific requests:
We're short of player as initiator/player victory/player as predator interactions when the player interacts with enemies they've defeated.
We need more dialogue triggered vore/sex/fetish content in the two villages.
I personally need someone to write the saurian raider unbirth victory scene for me as I am suffering severe writer's block and unable to write it myself.

feel free to run ideas by me, i'm easy to get ahold of.
darkevilme
---

Postby Winny » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:38 pm

double message mistake.
Last edited by Winny on Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkPinkie » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:32 pm

Winny wrote:I have a question and i might ha e missed it say someone wants to add content is there a listof prefered fetishes to write or a list of fetishes you absolutely dont want to see

Double post much? You even got the reply you where looking for before posting the second one...
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Winny » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:39 pm

sorry about that my phone sent it twice, as the message was sent by that. ^^;
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkPinkie » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:51 am

Winny wrote:sorry about that my phone sent it twice, as the message was sent by that. ^^;

Yeah yeah. We have all done mistakes. Usually double posts don't tend to have an hour and a half az well as a reply between them. I just found that slightly amusing.

As for the scenes. I may at some point actually sit down and write one... But before then I would probably want to download the game in it's current and play it. Heck last time I played you still did a zero and letter(s) for version builds.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby darkevilme » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:23 pm

okay. so, side note. Yes, still working on the update. it'll either be done by new years and smaller, or done by sometime in the new year and more fleshed out as I write content for nomad rather slowly. Still, I'm focusing on stuff I need to have for alpha minoris III. If I delay the update then alpha minoris II also gets some love...or it gets love quicker if the obvious happens.

This is part of the reason I want help with that.

Unrelated, two topics to pitch into the ring:

1. content ideas. I would like these to focus less on new species but beyond that anything is game. So suggestions for interactions with any of the npc species(particularly player initiated interactions branching from player victory), or suggestions for village npcs in dammath or minyos (the saurian and elf villages).

2. planning suggestions. I do not have a roadmap that says what we should have in update 20. So feel free to start pitching suggestions now.
darkevilme
---

Next

Return to Vore game