Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

Postby Slayerhero90 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:35 pm

So I heard someone asking about a guide on the other thread and i decided to write one. It's still a WIP but it'll get you off the moon.

Here
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:19 pm

So it turned out the way I was handling those who are dominated wasn't working cause I forgot to fill in a function stub to make it functional. This meant that they didn't disappear or recover. this raises an interesting question.

What should happen to those you've dominated?

currently...they just linger indefinitely.
What's meant to happen if that code was working is that after the 100 tick clock winds down that leads to the defeated vanishing a dominated would return to normal.

I originally added this to make it so striking a sexy pose at the villagers in the elf village didn't suddenly result in the guards stabbing you repeatedly (which is a bit weird)

But...should it work that way?

So the planned system is:

a defeated npc vanishes after 100 ticks

after 100 ticks a dominated npc returns to full resolve and activity with a peace bond so you don't have to redo it

but..should something else happen?

edit addendum, extra topic:
also while we're on the subject of things that the guide prompted...the Karma system may as well be brought to the discussion.

What it is: The Karma system is a percentage of the nutrition you get from prey and the inverse percentage for food. Karma goes from 0 to 100, at 0 karma you get 100% of the satiation value of food and 1 from prey, and vice versa at 100 karma. Karma moves gradually at a rate of about (the unmodified satiation value/10) points in either direction as you consume food from these sources.

What it was meant to solve: EARLY on in nomad's development it was pointed out that in light of nomad requiring the player to manage satiation to live player' s with additional sources of satiation had an easier time of it. This meant prey players (who make up about 50% of nomad's playerbase, with the rest being 25% switches and 25% preds) were actually being penalized as they had access to less sources of food. Also, this was back before the base rate of satiation drain per tick was nerf'd..so you can see why they were concerned.
The karma meter was meant to solve this by making it so that predators didn't get to play a significantly easier game by making it so that switches who ate both sources of food wouldn't get twice as much satiation as a result.

Now. We can't realistically go back to the bad old world where your play style was being penalized just cause you're a prey player. But that isn't the same thing as saying that nomad's karma system is the best tool for the job of solving this problem. So I open the floor, alternate ways to solve the problem, go.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:21 pm

i had a strong feeling my guide would inform details like this

how permanent will the peace be? i'm not certain i'd enjoy having to throw down with the mushroom mother in a sexy way every time i need to take the cave's crystals, but i suppose that could also be rectified by having something to do with her (i haven't actually checked if such a thing exists now yet)

as for karma, perhaps:
- perks could be added that allow the player to permanently inch toward predation
or
- the existing vore perks could each also contribute to the player's benefit from eating someone so that, the more vore perks one has, the more vore satiates them and the less normal food does

I'm fonder of the second option, myself

also what does "seduction serves as the to-hit roll for the move of the same name" mean in layman's terms
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:17 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:i had a strong feeling my guide would inform details like this

how permanent will the peace be? i'm not certain i'd enjoy having to throw down with the mushroom mother in a sexy way every time i need to take the cave's crystals, but i suppose that could also be rectified by having something to do with her (i haven't actually checked if such a thing exists now yet)

as for karma, perhaps:
- perks could be added that allow the player to permanently inch toward predation
or
- the existing vore perks could each also contribute to the player's benefit from eating someone so that, the more vore perks one has, the more vore satiates them and the less normal food does

I'm fonder of the second option, myself

also what does "seduction serves as the to-hit roll for the move of the same name" mean in layman's terms

it's a peace bond, it lasts until the player hits them or I remove it from dialogue. so it's a fairly permanent peace.

as for the question about seduction. here's the basics of the combat system.

If you attack someone with almost any melee attack in the game you roll 1d20+melee vs the DC of 8+parry
if you attack someone with almost any ranged non dominator attack you roll 1d20+ranged vs the DC of 8+dodge
If you attack someone with seduction based domination you roll 1d20+seduction vs the DC of 8+willpower
(mindbolt rolls 1d20+willpower vs the same)
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 am

To report on the walkthrough, I now have everything up through Dammath. The only AMII things I haven't really touched on too much are the alliance system, the act of being in possession of the haunted valley ship, and Zorr.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:00 am

Sorry to doublepost, but I got something for ya:

A revised chargen. With the other files I had to edit.

And these pastebins won't expire.

Features:
- Rearranged the steps so that you start with the aesthetic details (physique, skin color, hair style, hair color, junk) and then move to the perks (childhood, youth, occupation)
- Edited and revised existing text
- Added hair style option using the mostly unused stuff in the code.
- Added 5 new physiques:
-- Scrawny (even skinnier than slender)
-- Big (larger than what was previously chubby)
-- Fat (larger than big)
-- Flat (Average weight but less endowed)
-- Chubby (replaces curvy, which is now used to describe average but more endowed)
- No new skin colors
- A buttload of hairstyles on top of what the base game provided. I'm not going to list them all.
- Five new hair colors, all dyed: pink, purple, blue, aqua, and green

Known Issues:
- The childhood and youth perks have not been properly capitalized. This is something that would require editing the 12 different perks that the menu references and for now I'd rather leave tiny edits like that in dark's hands
- If you scroll down too far on the hairstyle menu, you might not be able to actually highlight your genital options and the scrollwheel won't bring you to them. Solution: make your choice and scroll all the way back up before moving to the next phase.

Things I am not sure how to do but wanted to do:
- Custom height
- Custom eye color
- Ability to start with one vore perk, abstain here, or abstain from vore entirely (I probably actually know how to do this but it's the kinda change I'd definitely run by dark before actually implementing it)
- A perk that forbids the choosing of vore perks and locks out options to earn vore perks (something else i could probably make but again would rather run by dark first)
- The unused poorly childhood perk (dunno why it wasn't included but i assume there was a reason)
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:29 pm

This is not functional code. I have no idea what I did wrong. I only know that it has to do with my efforts to add research stuff to the mushmom

Spoiler: show
Well, I've got what I could of the code for the mushroom mom's new stuff, but I'm clearly missing something, because now it crashes on startup.

Since I actually don't even know what the coding language is and am just in general wicked unqualified to figure out what precisely this ambitious project did wrong, I'll leave these to you for when you've got much less on your plate:

Mushmom's conversations. Stuff added for seduced, research added to seduced and defeated, revisions done to victory.

The various accessory files I created or modified for the purposes of this

They won't expire so don't feel the need to rush to get to them

I tried to just PM this to darkevilme (the above is the exact contents of the pm) but the system told me such a user didn't exist so...
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Currently working on fixing the wild fawn interactions.

So much repetitive vocabulary, passive voice, and a buttload of fragment sentences to fix. You've really improved since then.

Fuckin' backhanded compliment, I'm sorry.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Okay. I think this is a better thread to discuss the matter of clothing. Used to be you could craft tunics as armour, and revealing outfits..as...not armour. both using fabric.

Thing was these items were originally added to the list before the inclusion of such little things as the saurian village. So the question of where they fit into the current version of the game is important...more importantly, where the tunic fits in(as a sexy outfit has a logical use in nomad cause it's just that kinda game).

My first thought was to make it an armour that ONLY gives kinetic defence(+2 or +3). But then it might overlap in its function with the chainmail you can buy from the saurians in the logical slot it fills, meaning either you make it so you don't need to buy chainmail or you don't bother making it cause you can buy chainmail(especially as chainmail is highly conductive leading to shock damage). I don't like the notion of redundant inventory items.

So yeah, if we're re-adding the clothiers art to nomad what stats should chainmail and the tunic have respectively?
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:12 pm

I recall the crafted equipment of old being weak to thermal damage and doing nothing about shock, so perhaps the tunic could be the electrokinetic alternative to chainmail's thermokinetic? The only concerns I can imagine is that AM II's physical threats are predominantly kinetic with a dash of electric, which would mostly render the chainmail useless defensively unless one were going back to the moon, where there are actual thermal threats. Perhaps to counter this chainmail could still have a higher kinetic defense.

If we're straying outside the range of defense, it seems pretty obvious that making the tunic considerably lighter than the chainmail would also lend some favorability to the tunic, since encumbrance is certainly something to consider.

Since the player can get an aplas carapace from the sun traders once they get their hands on a enough credits, one would really only be debating between the tunic and chainmail on AM II. Assuming the posits I've made apply, and ignoring the probability of a player finding glittergirl armor, then it would seem feasible to me that the chaimail would be seen as more useful outside Zorr, where almost everything uses kinetic damage, except for the haunted valley's robospheres, which chainmail still provides good protection against. Then, when the player goes into Zorr without the aplas carapace, the ideal armor would be leather, as it would help against both the raijin and the raptors, the latter of which isn't the same degree of threat inside Zorr as they are outside Zorr due to confined spaces and smaller numbers. Additionally, less weight to the leather would help looters loot without having to make a lot of visits to the ship/entrance to Zorr.

As far as how to get the previously-crafted apparel, I'm not too particularly invested on seeing them be craftable again. If they were sold, I'd be inclined to think the elves sold them, since they give me that leather-and-wood, too-oreless-for-serious-metalurgy vibe. But that might go completely opposite to the sequence of things proposed earlier if you could just buy a good tunic the moment you landed in Minyos. So then I'd suggest locking the ideal tunic behind a quest (either sister sword or a new one to, say, slay a huge, leathery beast) and having either a weaker leather armor one can buy from the start or not offering a weaker alternative altogether.

Tangentially related, but with the huge stock of items that clearing the mine unlocks, would you consider turning Aryssa into just a blacksmith and making a new saurian be the new general store shopkeeper?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Here are my Fawn edits.

I decided to use dropbox this time. I think it'll just be a lot easier for both of us.

Changes:
- Edited and revised NPC description, research entry, and both defeat and seduced conversations. Capture conversation remains untouched due to being both not wholly implemented yet and far more recent and well-written than other conversations.
- Added endo scene to seduced cock vore with the option to use your capture device at the end of that scene. Basically, one may choose to capture in the initial screen or after the scene. There shouldn't be any continuity errors.
- Left commented-out notes in the seduced conversation for future additions to consider making.

Next target, something easy: robot conversations. I might well try to do all non-synth forms of robot.

EDIT:

Slayer is a dummo. See below for details.
Last edited by Slayerhero90 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:Here are my Fawn edits.

I decided to use dropbox this time. I think it'll just be a lot easier for both of us.

Changes:
- Edited and revised NPC description, research entry, and both defeat and seduced conversations. Capture conversation remains untouched due to being both not wholly implemented yet and far more recent and well-written than other conversations.
- Added endo scene to seduced cock vore with the option to use your capture device at the end of that scene. Basically, one may choose to capture in the initial screen or after the scene. There shouldn't be any continuity errors.
- Left commented-out notes in the seduced conversation for future additions to consider making.

Next target, something easy: robot conversations. I might well try to do all non-synth forms of robot.

that's not how you share a drop box link. should be a 'share' button that appears to the right of the zip file. then click 'create a link' and copy that link to the link. you're showing the preview screen link that assumes i'm logged in as you.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:04 pm

wow. thanks. i'm dumb. i even already shared something else through dropbox to you so i have no excuse

here, sorry

that silly goof won't compromise my account's security, will it?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:wow. thanks. i'm dumb. i even already shared something else through dropbox to you so i have no excuse

here, sorry

that silly goof won't compromise my account's security, will it?

no you need to be logged in as you for it to take effect usefully. I'm logged in as me so what happens is it tries to find my file called that, gets confused as it can't find it then gives up.

also. It's late. So I sorta skimmed the cyclopedia article and npc description, decided they were jazzier than mine then copied the other stuff over into mainline on faith along with those two.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:28 pm

cool. i promise not to sneak anything in and trust you'll usually read what i send you anyways

if i do make an unannounced change let me know because i probably just spaced on it
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:09 pm

Robot edits

Changes:
- Very small edits to the descriptions of: robot, robosphere, securitybot, and securitybot-omnico, as well as the defeat conversation they all link to. Not that I did not put the robosphere into a separate Alpha Minoris II folder.
- Did not touch robotest.lua in the original conversaton folder because I don't even know how how to interact with a lua folder and also don't think I needed to in order to cover all bases pertinent to what the player sees.
- Revised the optics salvage interaction to make it a little clearer that you're not going to get a weapon from it.

I plan on tackling the shroomgals next, unless you might have some text-writing you'd like to delegate to me.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:41 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:Robot edits

Changes:
- Very small edits to the descriptions of: robot, robosphere, securitybot, and securitybot-omnico, as well as the defeat conversation they all link to. Not that I did not put the robosphere into a separate Alpha Minoris II folder.
- Did not touch robotest.lua in the original conversaton folder because I don't even know how how to interact with a lua folder and also don't think I needed to in order to cover all bases pertinent to what the player sees.
- Revised the optics salvage interaction to make it a little clearer that you're not going to get a weapon from it.

I plan on tackling the shroomgals next, unless you might have some text-writing you'd like to delegate to me.

Well there's only 3 player as predator analvore scenes. And I'm not as good at AV as I am at other things. So if you want to tackle adding more of those I think the community would thank you, especially those ones who wanted player as pred AV and still haven't really gotten it seen as I wrote two scenes and added a guest contribution to fill out those 3.

also. I put the robot integrations in with a few minor tweaks, trailing that that didn't go anywhere on the robosphere a few places where 'a' seems to have gone missing. the lua test is a leftover from when i made it possible for nomad to use lua scripts to do more complicated conditional evaluation. don't worry about it.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:48 am

awesome. i think the mushgals are perfectly shaped for that

also i just noticed i forgot to capitalize the beginnings of the assorted robots' attack descriptions.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:39 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:awesome. i think the mushgals are perfectly shaped for that

also i just noticed i forgot to capitalize the beginnings of the assorted robots' attack descriptions.

1. and remember kids, dont try this at home, inserting mushrooms into your anus may result in death, followed by hallucinations.

2. Easily fixed at my end no worries.

3. And a belated recognition that the question you were asking about the clothing was not 'why can't we make the tunic and risque outfit anymore' but more "Why is it that body slot equips only ever give physical defence boosts and possibly a seduction penalty and never provide bonuses to any of the other attributes?" I will take this aboard for when adding new stuff to Nomad. There's certainly scope for seductive lingerie, fencing jackets, etc.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:28 pm

i have a question of how i should be handling things:

when i edit something, i've only been crediting myself as editor when someone else is already credited as writer. i have not thus far credited myself for edits to your stuff or for new additions
what i wanna know is, is it cool if i continue to not credit myself except maybe when i add new components to scenes? or would you rather i mark down a <!-- edited by slayerhero90 --> on every thing i ply my skills at?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game