Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

Postby WALUIGITIM » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Some sort of player pred vore with the Mushroom Mother. Maybe by seducing a Mushroom Mother, you would unlock the ability to breast vore?
WALUIGITIM
New to the forum

Postby xephose » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:22 am

Would it be at all possible to have a god character to fool around in the game with, or alternatively a way to alter save files? I'd like to try my hand at writing some victory scenes for bedicked players (primarily sex, some with post-coital vore) and I'd like to try to match the tones used in other interactions with any given NPC/monster/whatever, but it's a wee bit tedious to grind a character back up to the point where I can just get to where I'd like to be to do that.
xephose
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:53 am

xephose wrote:Would it be at all possible to have a god character to fool around in the game with, or alternatively a way to alter save files? I'd like to try my hand at writing some victory scenes for bedicked players (primarily sex, some with post-coital vore) and I'd like to try to match the tones used in other interactions with any given NPC/monster/whatever, but it's a wee bit tedious to grind a character back up to the point where I can just get to where I'd like to be to do that.

all the game scenes and dialogue are stored in xml in assets/data/conversations so i'm not sure why you'd need a god character to view them when notepad and notepad++ are both things.

but no harm to me in giving you one. http://www.mediafire.com/file/06587h38badv6cw/Nomad_cheat_mode.zip
darkevilme
---

Postby xephose » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:48 pm

darkevilme wrote:
xephose wrote:Would it be at all possible to have a god character to fool around in the game with, or alternatively a way to alter save files? I'd like to try my hand at writing some victory scenes for bedicked players (primarily sex, some with post-coital vore) and I'd like to try to match the tones used in other interactions with any given NPC/monster/whatever, but it's a wee bit tedious to grind a character back up to the point where I can just get to where I'd like to be to do that.

all the game scenes and dialogue are stored in xml in assets/data/conversations so i'm not sure why you'd need a god character to view them when notepad and notepad++ are both things.

but no harm to me in giving you one. http://www.mediafire.com/file/06587h38badv6cw/Nomad_cheat_mode.zip

Ah, I actually may have forgotten about that. Either way, thanks, I'll see what I can come up with.
xephose
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:04 pm

So a topic has come up from my discussions on the subject of nomad where I believe the input of the fans is required. Warning, everything here requires I break save compatability with update 19 so uh yeah.

The subject was how there are too many tech related skills and most of them are useless. In some games players are presented with the ability to create character builds around tech skills but in Nomad? there's too many tech skills, they have marginal utility for each one and in general it's just not a good time for a player taking this route.

so really there's two topics but we'll cover them in order.

One.
consolidate three of the tech skills to produce a more valuable skill and more importantly allow us to address crafting. The three skills are:
repair: currently used to salvage robots, would also be used to repair spacecraft once those can actually get damaged which they currently cannot
security: currently used to pick locks, disarm traps, and that's it
crafts: currently an anomalous skill that determines the size of your craftable items list

These would be replaced with a tech skill that covers repair and security skillchecks. It would also control crafting.
I've never felt quite comfortable with the crafting skill, and it's the primary reason i'm asking for input rather than replacing the bad idea of how the crafting skill is now with another equally bad idea. As it is the crafting skill simply unlocks better craftable items if you rank it up. This feels, really not very good especially as it's the one skill you never roll a skillcheck against and never will. So yeah. I think we should re-vamp how crafting is handled especially in how it relates to having this new TECH skill as its controlling variable.

Thoughts on unifying three skills as tech?

Thoughts on how to handle crafting going forwards?

Two.

Again tech players could probably do with some more utility out of their skills. So this is a call for more ways for the player to use science and the new TECH skill in the game to their own benefit.
darkevilme
---

Postby darkevilme » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:48 pm

So two new topics on quite different sides of the game to bring to the table to see what happens:

topic the first: combat!...it's...not very good at the moment? ideas for improving it are welcome. one idea from the main thread is to have a stamina bar or such...a fast regenerating resource bar you could spend for your tactical choices. This has an appeal because in Nomad currently there's not quite a form of short term cost...this means that abilities can only cost the player certain things. And it's part of the reason I've not gotten around to implementing psionic powers.

1. a monstrous cooldown, so the ability is usable and then not usable for a long while...this kinda sucks really thinking about it.
2. a longterm resource, such as ammunition, energy, the item itself (health items, buffs, grenades), satiation...possibly even health or resolve maybe? while nomad should to a degree be a game about limited resources, it shouldn't ONLY be a game about limited resources
3. a tradeoff, like how power attack inflicts a acc penalty to compensate for the increased damage. This isn't actually that bad as options go.

adding an energy bar for the player, calling it an action bar maybe..would add a fourth form of resource and potentially one applied to all or some of the existing combat options as an additional cost but one that would be short term in nature and open up the possibility of having more abilities in the game (so many in fact i might need to subdivide the 'special' into multiple categories. the questions that arise are how broadly should there be AP costs to do things and what affects this would have on the game.

topic the 2nd: I am having writers block and do not have an idea for a new in village smut scene with the player as prey... so i'm opening the floor up for suggestions and ideas. The idea can be for either village and can introduce a new npc for it, in fact such would probably be the best way of handling it..though you can add it to an existing npc if you prefer.

topic the 3rd: the topic of technology skills is still on the table if anyone is interested in helping out with that.
darkevilme
---

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:47 am

Regarding a new combat mechanic, perhaps you could structure it in a similar way that Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead handles stamina and speed. I don't want to retread what I suggested earlier in the game's main thread but for the sake of completeness I'll try to lay out how it could work in Nomad.

-The player has a stamina bar that replenishes automatically when at rest or walking(albeit slower than when at rest) and the stamina bar is expended when running or preforming strenuous tasks (fighting in melee, carrying a too much, etc.).

- to give combat and the stamina mechanic more depth, add the default ability for players to either walk or run. Walking is the default and only carries the negative modifier of slower stamina regeneration, whereas running depletes the stamina bar and allows you to move faster (whether that means it takes less time for the character to move between one tile and the next or allows the character to simply move x number of tiles in the single push of the directional key is up to you).

- When the stamina bar is high to medium, you can run and preform strenuous tasks without negative modifiers.

-When the bar is low, you wont be able to run and you preform actions like shooting/melee/seduction with negative modifiers. Maybe those modifiers could temporarily decrease the seduction/ranged/melee skills of the character?

-Or you could handle the negative modifiers in a similar way that Cataclysm:DDA handles them, in that you take more time doing those actions, meaning when your character is tired a standard attack you make can take two game-turns to use while your opponent, not being tired, can attack you once per game-turn with their standard attack.

-Maybe a low satiation bar could make the stamina bar replenish slower. (just an idea)

If you haven't played Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead I very much recommend it, at the very least it would be a good experience for you to see how their mechanics work and get a better idea of what I'm suggesting. The combat and the game in general are quite engaging and fun, heck even running away from opponents in that game is fun, pretty tense too. Here's a slow but well done introduction to the game (https://youtu.be/YP8RNVwjJOI?t=10s)

Regarding tech skills; I'd like to give my input, but I don't have the time right now. Maybe later this weekend.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby chefjellyguy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:57 pm

created rushed cock vore for seduced harpy https://mega.nz/#!p4hGxQqL!CzVKWWrsxtNN ... qCfRsLh7-4
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:37 pm

chefjellyguy wrote:created rushed cock vore for seduced harpy https://mega.nz/#!p4hGxQqL!CzVKWWrsxtNN ... qCfRsLh7-4

I had to do some spellchecking and I can see where you re-used some wordage from my unbirth scene. But it's still an acceptable quality so i've gone and integrated it . update 21 your name goes up on the credits and contributors list. feel free to be champion of nomad and write more stuff if the urge takes you.
darkevilme
---

Postby chefjellyguy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:29 pm

darkevilme wrote:
chefjellyguy wrote:created rushed cock vore for seduced harpy https://mega.nz/#!p4hGxQqL!CzVKWWrsxtNN ... qCfRsLh7-4

I had to do some spellchecking and I can see where you re-used some wordage from my unbirth scene. But it's still an acceptable quality so i've gone and integrated it . update 21 your name goes up on the credits and contributors list. feel free to be champion of nomad and write more stuff if the urge takes you.

Oh wow. If i knew that would be offically added i would have put more effort in, i will make better content in the future.
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Made some more progress on sprites and tiles (https://i.imgur.com/KOZVLO9.jpg), reworked most of those I already finished (although not all are present in the preview).

Regarding the tech skills, I'd suggest at the very least combining both the crafting skill with the repair skill. Makes sense too, if you have the knowledge to craft complex electronic components or mechanisms then you can scavenge and repair existing technology even better (as well as above the level of technological sophistication of devices and tools that you could make yourself). Perhaps you can have that skill level up only via in-game items or actions, such as reading technical manuals/books (which would take a up a lot of the character's time, which could translate to losing a lot of satiation). You could still choose to have improved skills in crafting/repair via the character creator, but leveling that skill up via the level up menu doesn't make sense. Something similar could apply to science, leveling up via books and what have you.

Regarding the third skill, security, maybe you could combine some of it's functions into crafting/repair (like the disarming of traps). But lock picking seems like a rather meaningless skill. One, there are no stealth mechanics at the moment so you can't create a sneaky character who could make good use of those skills in the right context. Two, as it stands now you can just blast or bust down doors so why bother picking the lock when you could just shoot it (which I like, it's fun to just blow a hole through a door instead of just giving up because I don't have any lock picking skills).

Some miscellaneous thoughts I had on tech in general as it applies to Nomad. Not very fleshed out but they might be a good idea.

-Give characters that focus heavily on crafting/repair and science the ability to have robot companions; repaired and reprogrammed robots that the player has already defeated or simply robots the player had the ability and opportunity to reprogram.

-This could give you a Forth Class (the others being: melee, ranged and seduction) One that focuses on utility and dealing damage with companions (namely robots)

- When the player's skills are high enough in crafting/repair and science, they could start to make modifications to their chosen robot companion (or companions, although that could be overpowered, would probably be easier to balance with just one active companion at a time), increased damage, durability, etc.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:03 pm

@SmokeStriker125:

I'll try to cover some of this with what i feel are my thoughts on the suggestions.

1. merging repair and crafting, this is probably okay except for the aforementioned issue that repair is a dice roll and crafting is a threshold based thing. crafting 2 at the moment means you can make anything with a requirement of crafting rank 2 or below (there's currently no tiers above 1 though), where as repair 2 means +2 top the d20 roll. It just feels weird to me to have the number mean so very different things.

2. making TECH purely a skill improved via in game items. I have two issues with this as an idea. The first is it fundamentally removes the 'choice' factor as far as builds go. when you level up and take tech you're not taking something else that level, where as divorcing it from that makes 'tech builds' no longer a specialty but an optional indulgence on top of an existing build. I mean, it makes more sense from a realism perspective...but we have cock transformation in the game so that particular ship may have already sailed.
With the current system its a tradeoff, its an OR decision, not an AND decision as it'd be with tech journals unless i make them balls hard to find.
The other issue is I already have something implemented that sorta does a similar thing, and that's the ability for dialogue events (And later items) to unlock recipes in the game. Granted I haven't provided many, but I'm not sure if it'd muddy the issue too much to have tech skill raised by journals, while the crafting recipe list is increased by story events, items and research.

3. yeah lockpicking is a tad useless seen as there's no repercussions for saying "Door, meet atom smasher, atom smasher, door, WHOOM", I added it mostly on the basis most rpgs have it.

4. we do actually have support for companions already, and they need beds which makes somewhat less sense if they're robots. But the idea of maybe reprogramming a robot as a companion isn't out of the question, though most companions will probably be flesh and blood for obvious reasons pertaining to smut....i should give vala some proper dialogue sometime though.
darkevilme
---

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:21 pm

I still think merging repair and crafting is a good idea, they aren't straight forward skills to begin with (as opposed to improving something like marksmanship is) so it's not unreasonable for them to have mechanics that aren't all that simple. Also, there might be too many skills/perks to choose from when leveling up at the moment, so if one was going to shorten that list I'd look to combining or removing the three skills you mentioned previous: crafting, repair and security.

You have a good point there with #2, there's nothing stopping a player from both leveling up tech skills with in-game items and choosing other skills in the level up menu. That could be a problem balance wise. Although, if you wanted to make the in game item leveling with tech work, you could just introduce a cap on the potential skills one can have. Example, one could have the equivalent of 10 level ups be the cap (npc or items that allow you to retrain would probably be a good idea if a cap was put in place); human beings do have their limits Image. Just throwing out ideas, although implementing a level cap with means of retraining do sound time consuming to integrate programming wise.

Don't have much to comment on 3 and 4. But, I would like to ask what your opinion of the sprites is.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:28 pm

SmokeStriker125 wrote:Don't have much to comment on 3 and 4. But, I would like to ask what your opinion of the sprites is.

While I'm not 100% sold on the npc sprites, I will definitely take advantage of the presence of bigsprite arts for ships that isnt...really really bad like the current shuttle, prospector, escape pod and spacehulk.
so yeah that stuff is definitely going to be something I plan to lay hands on...probably the tiles as well. but i'll get back to you on the npc sprites when i've thought more on them. I suppose it's the matter of deciding whether I feel the vision is one I'm cool with, I admit it's been ages since I considered the question of things like art style for nomad.
darkevilme
---

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:02 am

I've made some more progress on the art (https://i.imgur.com/LNzkdb3.jpg).

Finished making modifications to all of the tilesets, haven't made too much progress on widgets though. I Also had time to revise the palyer's sprite and add some customization to it's photoshop file.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:22 am

SmokeStriker125 wrote:I've made some more progress on the art (https://i.imgur.com/LNzkdb3.jpg).

Finished making modifications to all of the tilesets, haven't made too much progress on widgets though. I Also had time to revise the palyer's sprite and add some customization to it's photoshop file.

there is no way you're going to be able to keep up with player customization options and equipment. I mean, the player can turn into a lizard demi, and that's just the start of things. imagine trying to make a character sprite for every form the player can end up in in TITS. tits was what inspired the mutator system.

Still your diligence is admirable. in progress news for everyone. I have...five player as pred scenes to write and then I'm mostly done for update 21.
Mostly done but for the village smut scene with player as prey, still hoping for good and satisfying inspiration for that one.
darkevilme
---

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 am

darkevilme wrote:there is no way you're going to be able to keep up with player customization options and equipment. I mean, the player can turn into a lizard demi, and that's just the start of things. imagine trying to make a character sprite for every form the player can end up in in TITS. tits was what inspired the mutator system.

Image Eh, someone else can always pick up where I leave off. I have free time and I like helping people, so might as well finish what I've started :-D (I'm using one of your version 19 builds, so there might be a few missing sprites when I've finished).

darkevilme wrote:Still your diligence is admirable.

Image Your compliment is appreciated.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Postby darkevilme » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:44 pm

So I've been pondering the inadequate world building of nomad recently. A lot of things in the game don't have adequate history or grounding to create a game world as opposed to a game 'series of gameplay elements and smut scenes loosely connected' sort of feel.

Now, I could of course rely on just my own deranged but unreliable inspiration to fill in the game lore. But why do that when the five nights at freddies series has provided an alternative option. I just leave the door open for fan theories then shamelessly steal them to create the official lore of the game setting.

So yeah, if you have any fan theories about anything in nomad feel free to post them here.
darkevilme
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Posting so I can quickly access this thread. Working on Quendi villager scenes at the moment, looking to fix up a whole lot of other stuff later.

Quendi villagers changes planned:
- Ability to escape from womb with pleasure check after failing to seduce.
- Ability to choose blowjob or getting eaten out if hermaphroditic.
- Cock-vore and unbirth as pred, both allowing the player to either let the villager or or convince them to get churned up with a seduction check. Ability to ignore consent with struggle check planned but not being worked on at the moment.
- Anal sex with the option to cockmerge. Vaginal sex, also with cockmerging option, planned but not being worked on at the moment.
- Tidying up non-scene dialogue options.
- Leaving oral vore option alone for now.

General change planneds:
- Looking around, starting with the moon's creatures, and finding the things that the game locks the player out of if the player is hermaphroditic. IIRC, cock-voring harpies is impossible if the player also has a vagina.

As suggestions for lore? I think it would be a good idea to look into placing the truth behind who was there first somewhere, seeing as they both give conflicting stories, and it stands to reason that place would be in the ruins south of Minyos. Shit's ancient, isn't it? Could be that both the Saurians and the Quendi inhabited the planet together in peace and you can perhaps usher forth peace between them.

Also suggest more original names than Saurians and Quendi, but that's just me.

Late to the party, but I support merging repair, security, and crafting. Haven't checked if that's already happened, though.

As far as art goes, I see other people working that so I probably won't try and ply my GIMP skills there. I do suggest to those making better art for the game that any art you make isn't, like, too good or too unique, so that others who might be making art after you take a break from working on it can make art too without the styles clashing.

Final note: would cock thickness be a difficult descriptor to add on?

True final note:
Finished my edits and tested everything except unbirth as my character simply hasn't developed ability that yet.
Full pastebin of the entire elf villager document: https://pastebin.com/WC16fCDx
If anyone wants to test to make absolutely sure unbirth works before dark gets back online, feel free to.
Last edited by Slayerhero90 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Quick question darkevilme, what are these two widgets used for in the game?

I've finished reworking all of the widget sprites expect for these two.

Spoiler: show

Slayerhero90 wrote:As far as art goes, I see other people working that so I probably won't try and ply my GIMP skills there. I do suggest to those making better art for the game that any art you make isn't, like, too good or too unique, so that others who might be making art after you take a break from working on it can make art too without the styles clashing.

No worries, I understand. I myself often wished more games would use simpler sprite based art styles to create a lower barrier to entry for modders. Anyway, I'll be including all pertinent Photoshop and reference files when I've finished so people shouldn't have too much trouble copying or making modifications to the new sprites.
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game