Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Community Collaboration Thread

Postby darkevilme » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:01 am

bump to this thread: I had a thought today and I figured I'd get some input on it.

The topic? The AP system.

In nomad you use action points when you attack, seduce, use special moves. With the limitation that basic moves cost double time when you don't have the AP to pay for them and non basic moves cannot be used at all if you don't have AP. AP recharges really quickly though so there's that.

This was a good thing as it gave players something to spend on special moves, and it added a sorta, combat stamina aspect to the game where the player couldn't wade through massive numbers of foes.

And at low levels, it works really well.

Here's the issue. AP is a stat, and like other stats I had it gradually increase in its maximum value each and every time you level'd.

But while increased health, resolve make you better prepared for enemies with stronger attacks or seduction moves nothing similar applies to AP. Most weapons regardless of tier cost 2 AP to use. And I'm getting the impression that once players reach a higher level they stop needing to worry about their AP as it's unlikely to be at risk of hitting zero in a fight.

So.

1. As a player of nomad do you find that at higher levels the AP stat stops becoming relevant?
2. should I make higher tier weapons take more AP to use so that AP is tied into progression?
3. should I instead make AP not increase with levels but only with special perks?
4. is there another way to improve the way AP is implemented into the game currently?
darkevilme
---

Postby Anesthetic » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:27 am

darkevilme wrote:bump to this thread: I had a thought today and I figured I'd get some input on it.

The topic? The AP system.

In nomad you use action points when you attack, seduce, use special moves. With the limitation that basic moves cost double time when you don't have the AP to pay for them and non basic moves cannot be used at all if you don't have AP. AP recharges really quickly though so there's that.

This was a good thing as it gave players something to spend on special moves, and it added a sorta, combat stamina aspect to the game where the player couldn't wade through massive numbers of foes.

And at low levels, it works really well.

Here's the issue. AP is a stat, and like other stats I had it gradually increase in its maximum value each and every time you level'd.

But while increased health, resolve make you better prepared for enemies with stronger attacks or seduction moves nothing similar applies to AP. Most weapons regardless of tier cost 2 AP to use. And I'm getting the impression that once players reach a higher level they stop needing to worry about their AP as it's unlikely to be at risk of hitting zero in a fight.

So.

1. As a player of nomad do you find that at higher levels the AP stat stops becoming relevant?
2. should I make higher tier weapons take more AP to use so that AP is tied into progression?
3. should I instead make AP not increase with levels but only with special perks?
4. is there another way to improve the way AP is implemented into the game currently?

I aboslutely do not think I ever stoped needing more AP.

I have had characters in the mid 20s, and my current one is like level 15, and I CONSTANTLY run out of AP. Sure not in single fights, but I rarely ever fight just one opponent. They always turn into beat down drag out fights between me and enemy after enemy after enemy.

There are so many times where I've had to run around in circles just to regen some AP to continue a fight.

If there were stronger weapons that took more AP I would likely like that. If I kill enemies faster, then I can likely get better breathers and heal and regen AP better, so even if it costs more AP it could ballance out.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:54 pm

okay one. bump the poll, it's still open. https://goo.gl/forms/qicij34uJfmDQaqV2

two. I figure I'd loop back around to asking for help. Are there any writers interested in writing for Nomad? I only need plaintext contributions (though if you can do it in the format of nomad's xml that'd be grand, just not required).

I don't really need AI coders, level designers, or programmers. I sorta would like artists but they're not as necessary as writers able to write the smut scenes, dialogue and etc.

And I'm quite willing to cede creative control and not dictate what people should be writing for it within reasonable limits. It's just that I feel the fans of this odd little vore game deserve bigger updates than I can put out on my own. So come to me with your ideas or come to me asking for a specific thing I want done. Either way works.

So yeah, anyone wanting to help?
darkevilme
---

Postby mZmm » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:49 am

I got contacted a while back to help out with this but I would probably need some sort of compensation
mZmm
Participator

Postby CaptainElusive » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:28 pm

I don't really know where else to put this. Is there an up-to-date guide for Nomad? I know of Slayerhero90's guide, but that doesn't talk about any of the newer updates. I've never even seen Freehaven and only scratch the surface of the other planets. I'd like to find the Bunny girls mentioned in one of the change logs (there was one right; or am I remembering wrong?) but haven't really seen anything.
Usually silent, hiding in plain slight. Only seen when he wants to be. Amateur edgelord [hey!].
CaptainElusive
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:03 pm

CaptainElusive wrote:I don't really know where else to put this. Is there an up-to-date guide for Nomad? I know of Slayerhero90's guide, but that doesn't talk about any of the newer updates. I've never even seen Freehaven and only scratch the surface of the other planets. I'd like to find the Bunny girls mentioned in one of the change logs (there was one right; or am I remembering wrong?) but haven't really seen anything.

sadly. no there is not an up to date guide for nomad. but the guide we have as incomplete as it is still required a heroic amount of effort to produce.
darkevilme
---

Postby MasterInventor » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:29 pm

So I was recently XP farming the stupid sexy harpies on the starting moon, and began to get bored with their seduced dialogue. Then this happened.

The attached text file merely needs to be resaved as a .xml, and it SHOULD replace the current harpySeduced.xml and play just fine. I tested it on my copy of nomad, and it worked fine. Currently it adds oral and breast vore to the harpySeduced tree via a new third initial dialogue option. I would have just attached an .xml, but this forum apparently doesn't like me.

harpySeduced.txt
(39.95 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
MasterInventor
Been posting for a bit

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:22 am

MasterInventor wrote:So I was recently XP farming the stupid sexy harpies on the starting moon, and began to get bored with their seduced dialogue. Then this happened.

The attached text file merely needs to be resaved as a .xml, and it SHOULD replace the current harpySeduced.xml and play just fine. I tested it on my copy of nomad, and it worked fine. Currently it adds oral and breast vore to the harpySeduced tree via a new third initial dialogue option. I would have just attached an .xml, but this forum apparently doesn't like me.

I'm not seeing the extra vore options, all it gives me is "kiss her you fool", which just leads to a kiss, but no vore.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:42 pm

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:
MasterInventor wrote:So I was recently XP farming the stupid sexy harpies on the starting moon, and began to get bored with their seduced dialogue. Then this happened.

I'm not seeing the extra vore options, all it gives me is "kiss her you fool", which just leads to a kiss, but no vore.

player as predator scenes, not player as prey scenes.

and thankyou master inventor. I have gone and looped it into the next iteration of the game.
darkevilme
---

Postby MasterInventor » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:26 pm

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:

You need to have the oral and/or breast vore perks to see the new scenes, for reasons that should be self-explanatory.

darkevilme wrote:player as predator scenes, not player as prey scenes.

and thankyou master inventor. I have gone and looped it into the next iteration of the game.

XD

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked.
MasterInventor
Been posting for a bit

Postby Emperor_Palpatine » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:46 am

I don't want to brag, but people seem to like my writing. I've also been doing some scifi stuff in my non vore related life. I would be happy to fill in some holes, given proper direction. I like to think I'm pretty good at world-building and dialogue. My details are organic and I can even weave allegory into the makeup of a setting, should it be desired.
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15662 /RP preferences

Walk in the room and I know they all know man
If they don't know, put on a little show
Emperor_Palpatine
Heavy user

Postby Rubiont-47 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:37 am

Emperor_Palpatine wrote:I don't want to brag, but people seem to like my writing. I've also been doing some scifi stuff in my non vore related life. I would be happy to fill in some holes, given proper direction. I like to think I'm pretty good at world-building and dialogue. My details are organic and I can even weave allegory into the makeup of a setting, should it be desired.

Happy to see a person who would like to make addittions to this lovely game. You can join Discord of the game where people could explain you how adding a new content is working if you will be have any questions!
Sorry for my bad english.
Made in Russia.
Make some pixels.
Rubiont-47
Participator

Previous

Return to Vore game