Forest Monster HD! (New update is here :D)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Balance combat and items?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Leave enemy strength and items as-is. (Note: Food items don't heal so i will fix those regardless)
26%
Leave enemy strength as-is but balance items.
6%
Balance enemy strength but leave items as-is.
18%
Balance enemy strength and items.
49%

Total votes : 87

Re: Forest Monster HD!

Postby TheHungryELf » Thu May 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Hmm... interesting looking game, I will try it out in my free time.

Oh, just curious, are male predators in the game, or is it planned? If I could, I would be quite interested in playing as a female, M/F vore games are... quite rare, honestly. But, if not, I'm not complaining, little old me is just curious, and nothing more.
TheHungryELf
???

Postby nuggholio » Mon May 29, 2017 2:35 pm

im a bit stuck with the wool and honey quest.

i can't find a seamstress, and i can't even find anything after getting the honey quest.

prolly because two of the houses just take me straight to the jail.

its the bottom left and bottom middle ones that dont work. games fun so far apart from that.
nuggholio
Participator

Postby Bronzehawkz » Mon May 29, 2017 7:40 pm

The Seamstress is in the house of the guy who you help get his hunter bow from the lamia.

I believe you get the empty honey jar from the same house if you look around, if not look around the houses in that general area and you'll find it, then return back to "mistress" and you'll get a new objective.
Bronzehawkz
New to the forum

Postby Bronzehawkz » Mon May 29, 2017 8:21 pm

I just got through as much as the game as I could find to get through, so I hope you don't mind if I report all the bugs i've found during my playthrough of it, I know some of these have been reported in the thread already too.

- Vengeance quest never is marked as "completed". It does however still somehow count towards your 5 quests to go to the castle.
- Some New threads quest is marked as completed before you finish the last objective, making the game crash if you do complete the last objective. (Presumably because the game doesn't appreciate a completed quest being marked as completed again). Even when the game itself marks the quest as complete it DOES NOT count towards the 5 quest mark to get to the castle.
- Giant Harpies have no vore scene and just send you back to the overworld when you lose to them? Keeps you at 0 HP and entering another battle results in an instant loss.

The rest are just small errors that are probably there from the game not being done like doors in the western part of town all leading to the jail, some characters not reacting to progression (e.g. Butterfly Girl) etc...

Love the game so far though. I was especially surprised by the amount of choice the player has in terms of ways you can die, or even just ways to go about quests. Like when I got the kid back from the Butterfly kid I went to Tara hoping but not expecting her to eat the kid and was pleasantly surprised when you actually have that option. The vore scene of the kid is a little barebones, and she doesn't react to it at all afterwards, but I was just content with the fact that the game gave me a choice like that. I'm really interested in how future quests will allow you to fail them.
If there's any way I can help with the game i'd love to know, this game is really great so far.
Bronzehawkz
New to the forum

Postby eleventh » Mon May 29, 2017 10:36 pm

Bronzehawkz wrote:- Giant Harpies have no vore scene and just send you back to the overworld when you lose to them? Keeps you at 0 HP and entering another battle results in an instant loss.

I'm pretty sure that this (and some other scene, think with the standard bee girl) is from the scenes being attached to the map, and those enemies were moved from their original maps.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby nuggholio » Wed May 31, 2017 7:56 am

Bronzehawkz wrote:The Seamstress is in the house of the guy who you help get his hunter bow from the lamia.

I believe you get the empty honey jar from the same house if you look around, if not look around the houses in that general area and you'll find it, then return back to "mistress" and you'll get a new objective.

o thanks, i didnt realise i could go in that house.

though when i try to hand in the wool quest, i get the gold and the game crashes.
nuggholio
Participator

Postby Niisato » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi, Raiden264. It's the first time I post in this forum and, first of all, I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have put into this game and I encourage you to keep up the good work.

Secondly, I would like suggest a different approach for Mistress Sarah's questline. Though it was one of my favorites back in the days of hungryXgirl, I've always felt that the development of that Mistress/slave relationship was not very credible; and now that all the texts are finally corrected and updated, it feels even more difficult for me to identify myself with the character (this may be just my opinion, but becoming her slave just because you decide to play along with her in the first place doesn´t feel like the hottest way of starting that kind of relationship). I'm going to make a very simple suggestion and you are absolutely free to do whatever you want with my advise, after all this is your game, not mine. Here it comes.

What we have right now:
The relationship of the character with Sarah starts with her demanding you to get some honey. And in order to do so, first you have to find a bottle somewhere in the village (which is quite tedious) and then defeat the Queen Bee. After that, you give the honey to her, he calls you slave, and for some reason you decide to play along with her. Then the sex scene appears. Finally, you are dismissed.

An insight about what it would be nice to have instead:
This is a small village and Sarah's been having an eye on you since the very beginning. She has some fantasies about possessing you that have not been revealed yet. Now that you have decided to become a hero and you are taking some risk going outside the village, she decides to ask you to get some honey for her and she gives you a peculiar vessel for that (just omit the part where you have to find a bottle, you just receive it from her). When you finally defeat the Queen Bee and go back to her, she invites you in and you fall to the ground, breaking the vessel, because of some obstacles that she's put in the entrance. Though everything was just a trap for you, she acts to be terribly displeased and tells you that the vessel you have just broken was a relic of her family worth an immeasurable amount of money that you owe to her now. She is incredible rich and that loss means actually nothing to her but, of course, as you don't have that fortune to pay, you need to find an alternative way to make up for Sarah. She then takes the opportunity to force you to become her slave for life... And the sex scene appears. Now there is just one scene, but later on you can work on more sex scenes for her and, once you are sure there won't be more scenes for this character, arrange some dialogues to repeat past sex scenes.

As I've already told you, this is just a suggestion. You are free to do what you want with your game. Good luck. :wink:
Niisato
New to the forum

Postby BlackfireVii » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:27 am

You seriously need to continue this! I'v enjoyed my time with the game even without viewing the vore cutscenes! Please, please, PLEASE don't let this die!!!
BlackfireVii
New to the forum

Postby thom183 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:15 am

where can you find the honey jar?

*edit* found it in the house where the hunter lifes
thom183
Been posting for a bit

Postby Neyas » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:19 am

Im sorry to say that but...the download link was...well,in fact,i cant download it by the link... :(
I was never though that would be a war,a war I must fight with myself.
Neyas
New to the forum

Postby voidrunner » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:09 pm

Anyone in this forum know how to port this to android? I would love to play this, but I unfortunately don't have a computer. I have tried Neko RPGXP Player, but that didn't seem to work.
"Life is like a rollercoaster, sure it has its ups and downs, but you may just find, it can throw you for a loop!" ~voidrunner
voidrunner
Somewhat familiar

Postby Raiden264 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:50 pm

voidrunner wrote:Anyone in this forum know how to port this to android? I would love to play this, but I unfortunately don't have a computer. I have tried Neko RPGXP Player, but that didn't seem to work.

I don't know much about Neko RPGXP Player but this game is a VX Ace project not XP. If you find a way to get this game running smoothly on mobile though please do share here. :-D

Also I am still working on updates. Thanks for being patient guys, and I will let everyone know once I've finished pushing the next one.
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby JustaLurkingPony » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:36 am

Raiden264 wrote:
voidrunner wrote:Anyone in this forum know how to port this to android? I would love to play this, but I unfortunately don't have a computer. I have tried Neko RPGXP Player, but that didn't seem to work.

I don't know much about Neko RPGXP Player but this game is a VX Ace project not XP. If you find a way to get this game running smoothly on mobile though please do share here. :-D

Also I am still working on updates. Thanks for being patient guys, and I will let everyone know once I've finished pushing the next one.

Neko runs Ace and VX Ace games also.

It's very stable, but has issues with games using scripts that modify any menus, or the amount of saves. I had the original Forest Monster running on it fine a few months ago, so it should work fine for this.
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that a vore game will be abandoned" -Benjamin Franklin, 1789
JustaLurkingPony
Somewhat familiar

Postby voidrunner » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:07 am

JustaLurkingPony wrote:
Raiden264 wrote:

Neko runs Ace and VX Ace games also.

It's very stable, but has issues with games using scripts that modify any menus, or the amount of saves. I had the original Forest Monster running on it fine a few months ago, so it should work fine for this.

It just doesn't show up in the list of games; Even when I try putting the file in the right folder
"Life is like a rollercoaster, sure it has its ups and downs, but you may just find, it can throw you for a loop!" ~voidrunner
voidrunner
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nayko93 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 pm

please help me , the game crash when i give the woolen clothes to the girl , This bug has already been reported here but nobody gave the solution

This quest is dead until the next update or is there a solution to solve the problem ?
French Boy
Nayko93
Somewhat familiar

Postby JustaLurkingPony » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:20 am

voidrunner wrote:It just doesn't show up in the list of games; Even when I try putting the file in the right folder

Oh, yeah. If it's in a compressed exe file, then you do need to extract it on a Windows computer. Then you put the folder into the folder it searches in on the Android device.

Yeah, it's really inconvenient and kinda defeats some of the purpose.
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that a vore game will be abandoned" -Benjamin Franklin, 1789
JustaLurkingPony
Somewhat familiar

Postby Urielzael2 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Hi, I've played your game and found some issues/bugs/don't know what even call it.
1) Cannot finish quest for wool - in third stage when returning game crashes.
2) After rescuing boy from Ashley (butterfly) and turning on quest Goddess Ashley grants me magic wand that do not appear.
3) Talked to every npc in village but noone seems to be selling/giving empty honey jar.
4) After defeating maneating witch in abbadoned house there is chest with 20 gold + there is orb next to it, after you put rope on ledge chest is closed again and have 50 coins. Also orb does not appear in inventory.
5) 2 Lower houses in western Shaman village leads to the prison instead of separate area.
6) After defeating tiger girl and turning on quest - there is completion note, you gain pickaxe that do not appear and quest still tells that you need to speek with men even though he would only say thank instead of completion speech.
7) After giving Ginas food to her item do not dissapear from my inventory.

Now there is time for feedback. I generally like idea, design, music and everything. I am concerned about balance though. Here is example why: Orc girls are monster girl that you may encounter in the very beginig - they are very strong but grants lot of exp and some gold, in next location there are fairies - they are slighty stronger than orc girls and grant same rewards - than in next location we have wolf girls that are much weaker though they grant less exp but much more gold - in same location we may encounter harpy girls that are stronger than fairies or orc girls but only give 190 exp (almost twice lower than orc girl or fairy) and no gold. So generally we have: wolf < orc < fairy < harpy < eels in strenght but in rewards of gold we have harpy< orc, fairy< wolf <eel. Unless those monster with lower gold reward have chances to drop rare items I think they should grant at least more gold.

BTW nice idea with making Pam undercover pred.
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Raiden264 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:31 am

Urielzael2 wrote:Hi, I've played your game and found some issues/bugs/don't know what even call it.
1) Cannot finish quest for wool - in third stage when returning game crashes.
2) After rescuing boy from Ashley (butterfly) and turning on quest Goddess Ashley grants me magic wand that do not appear.
3) Talked to every npc in village but noone seems to be selling/giving empty honey jar.
4) After defeating maneating witch in abbadoned house there is chest with 20 gold + there is orb next to it, after you put rope on ledge chest is closed again and have 50 coins. Also orb does not appear in inventory.
5) 2 Lower houses in western Shaman village leads to the prison instead of separate area.
6) After defeating tiger girl and turning on quest - there is completion note, you gain pickaxe that do not appear and quest still tells that you need to speek with men even though he would only say thank instead of completion speech.
7) After giving Ginas food to her item do not dissapear from my inventory.

Now there is time for feedback. I generally like idea, design, music and everything. I am concerned about balance though. Here is example why: Orc girls are monster girl that you may encounter in the very beginig - they are very strong but grants lot of exp and some gold, in next location there are fairies - they are slighty stronger than orc girls and grant same rewards - than in next location we have wolf girls that are much weaker though they grant less exp but much more gold - in same location we may encounter harpy girls that are stronger than fairies or orc girls but only give 190 exp (almost twice lower than orc girl or fairy) and no gold. So generally we have: wolf < orc < fairy < harpy < eels in strenght but in rewards of gold we have harpy< orc, fairy< wolf <eel. Unless those monster with lower gold reward have chances to drop rare items I think they should grant at least more gold.

BTW nice idea with making Pam undercover pred.

Thanks for bringing these to my attention. Rest assured, i'm aware of them and they will be fixed in the next release along with the new content. Including the beach and farm areas. Also thanks for the feedback. Balancing the monster girls is also something to be done :).

Also, I'd like to apologize to fans of the game here as i've had some financial problems lately... I've thought about perhaps starting a patreon where you can get bonus scenes and such for the game, and perhaps other projects but I don't know if it would be enough to allow me to spend time working on this. The good news is that the game is in a very workable place to where once I start working again it won't be a problem for me to finish things up as I already have everything planned out. This game won't be dying. I promise all of you that much.

If any of you have questions about the game, or feel you would support patreon projects of mine then please let me know! The new scenes I put in this game are the kind of content I would continue to create. Also please leave feedback on if you guys like my writing style and the way I make the scenes. :)
Last edited by Raiden264 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby Urielzael2 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:09 am

Raiden264 wrote:
Thanks for bringing these to my attention. Rest assured, i'm aware of them and they will be fixed in the next release along with the new content. Including the beach and farm areas. Also thanks for the feedback. Balancing the monster girls is also something to be done :).

Also, I'd like to apologize to fans of the game here as I was let go unexpectedly by my job two months ago and have been swamped with the job search and doing uber to try and keep up with my bills...bills I attained on a developer salary...(I was literally let go two days after I bought a new car....) ^^; . I've thought about perhaps starting a patreon where you can get bonus scenes and such for the game, and perhaps other projects but I don't know if it would be enough to allow me to spend time working on this. The good news is that the game is in a very workable place to where once I start working again it won't be a problem for me to finish things up as I already have everything planned out. This game won't be dying. I promise all of you that much.

If any of you have questions about the game, or feel you would support patreon projects of mine then please let me know! The new scenes I put in this game are the kind of content I would continue to create. Also please leave feedback on if you guys like my writing style and the way I make the scenes. :)

Thanks for reply, I am looking forward to see how it will proceed. BTW in files of your game I found another game "origins of Eterna". Was it supposed to be second project?
Urielzael2
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Raiden264 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:41 pm

Urielzael2 wrote:
Raiden264 wrote:

Also, I'd like to apologize to fans of the game here as I was let go unexpectedly by my job two months ago and have been swamped with the job search and doing uber to try and keep up with my bills...bills I attained on a developer salary...(I was literally let go two days after I bought a new car....) ^^; . I've thought about perhaps starting a patreon where you can get bonus scenes and such for the game, and perhaps other projects but I don't know if it would be enough to allow me to spend time working on this. The good news is that the game is in a very workable place to where once I start working again it won't be a problem for me to finish things up as I already have everything planned out. This game won't be dying. I promise all of you that much.

Thanks for reply, I am looking forward to see how it will proceed. BTW in files of your game I found another game "origins of Eterna". Was it supposed to be second project?

That's a non-vore game i'm working on. It's not supposed to be there. ^^;
Raiden264
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game