Forest Monster HD! (New update is here :D)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Balance combat and items?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Leave enemy strength and items as-is. (Note: Food items don't heal so i will fix those regardless)
26%
Leave enemy strength as-is but balance items.
6%
Balance enemy strength but leave items as-is.
18%
Balance enemy strength and items.
49%

Total votes : 87

Re: Forest Monster HD!

Postby Jaybeezy » Thu May 10, 2018 1:18 am

Everything seems to be in working order for the most part. I encountered the butterfly girl image sticking around with no after-battle dialogue like many people have mentioned.

Someone somewhat-recently asked about the harpy thing where it asks if you want to fight or surrender and then it just leaves you standing there like nothing happened if you choose surrender. They mentioned the scene triggering after you go up the hill after about 10 minutes. Is there any other fix for this? Any method to make it happen immediately?

Also, some questions:
Where do I go to get the honey jar? I've looked all over Shaman village and either somehow missed it or it is in a very not-obvious position.
Where do you go for the catgirl quest when it says to go up a mountain? Is that the same hill by the harpies?
Once I get far enough along, where do I go to get to the manticore lair? As in what direction will I take?
In one of the screenshots at the start of the thread it mentions there being a path to another village under the well. I never got that line of dialogue and when I did go down into the well I never saw anything that looked like a passage to anywhere. Is this still a thing? Is it in some other place?
Lastly, how do I access the files containing the various images and sprites used? Most other vore games like this have some folder containing various images (characters/backgrounds), but when I was looking around to see what all stuff there was in there I never saw any image files in the whole download. Are they accessible?

One last thing, note to the creator: There are a few scenes still using the rather awkward dialogues from the old version. You know, ridiculously bad grammar/wording and awkward transitions. Two examples I noticed specifically of this were the Lamia in her cave when you offer yourself to her and the catgirl when you offer yourself as a replacement for the mouse. May want to rewrite those like some of the other ones.

Sorry for the boatload of questions/wall of text.
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Amnael » Thu May 10, 2018 2:21 am

For some reason the trigger on the beach cave is messed up ...
If you go back from the mermaid invasion (because you might not be strong enough yet <-<;) and try to go through the cave again the hero says he should report to the king, while the king says "Go do stuff, im the king >:V"
Amnael
Somewhat familiar

Postby Blargh62 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:01 am

Are you using f12 it seems to be what causes the issue in this game? I only get that error after I use f12 to go back to the menu.

Yeah, sometimes
If you are using saves from a very early version of the game, it would cause the script calls to fail. That's not a bug. Unfortunately some saves just aren't compatible with newer versions of the game. The good news as I've said before is that I won't be adding anything new script-wise to the game, so this won't be an issue with newer save files.

Nope, just started a new game with latest version

Also, seems like i completed catgirl quest but it's still stuck as uncompleted.

Edit: So, i completed "Witch's stew" quest in Haybale village. Is this the end of the game? I can't seem to find another quests.
Blargh62
Been posting for a bit

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Thu May 10, 2018 11:01 am

Blargh62 wrote:
Are you using f12 it seems to be what causes the issue in this game? I only get that error after I use f12 to go back to the menu.

Yeah, sometimes
If you are using saves from a very early version of the game, it would cause the script calls to fail. That's not a bug. Unfortunately some saves just aren't compatible with newer versions of the game. The good news as I've said before is that I won't be adding anything new script-wise to the game, so this won't be an issue with newer save files.

Nope, just started a new game with latest version

Also, seems like i completed catgirl quest but it's still stuck as uncompleted.

Edit: So, i completed "Witch's stew" quest in Haybale village. Is this the end of the game? I can't seem to find another quests.

Have you tried buying a carrot from the market stall and using it on the hole on the mountain ridge? That triggers the part of the quest you're missing.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Blargh62 » Thu May 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Have you tried buying a carrot from the market stall and using it on the hole on the mountain ridge? That triggers the part of the quest you're missing.

Thanks, seems like that was it.
So, is that all the quests in the game, or there's more?
Blargh62
Been posting for a bit

Postby DestroyMEinstead » Sun May 13, 2018 12:59 am

Any chance this can be uploaded on Mega please? Having issues not being able to access Mediafire's site!
DestroyMEinstead
New to the forum

Postby unitz29 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:48 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but there's a glitch where if you pass through to the village where the mermaids are attacking and go back before defeating it, it won't let you back through because it says "I should tell the king it's over" and when you try, the king responds as though it's not done.
(I left to go get my journal updated and do quests I missed before because they were broken)
unitz29
Been posting for a bit

Postby snowkid0011 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:37 am

Hi all, I need help.

Where Can I Find Witch's Stew Quest?
snowkid0011
Been posting for a bit

Postby nnnddt » Sun May 13, 2018 6:57 am

At the guild
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby ajmajm28 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:23 am

unitz29 wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but there's a glitch where if you pass through to the village where the mermaids are attacking and go back before defeating it, it won't let you back through because it says "I should tell the king it's over" and when you try, the king responds as though it's not done.
(I left to go get my journal updated and do quests I missed before because they were broken)

Are you using an old save? I went to see if that glitch is there and I was unable to recreate it.
ajmajm28
Somewhat familiar

Postby unitz29 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:59 am

@ajmajm28

Yeah, it was an old save from the previous version. I updated the game by putting the old save file into the new version and updating my journal in the guild.
I'm guessing I need to start a new game with the new version?
unitz29
Been posting for a bit

Postby ajmajm28 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:55 am

unitz29 wrote:@ajmajm28

Yeah, it was an old save from the previous version. I updated the game by putting the old save file into the new version and updating my journal in the guild.

My guess is that you do need to restart a new game unless you did something else that may have caused the quest to break.
ajmajm28
Somewhat familiar

Postby Raiden264 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:25 pm

Thanks to all of you who have answered each other's questions! I had Lasik done just late last week so i've not been able to work on the game much or...see too well for that matter much of anything lol but i'm just now getting adjusted.

For those of you having issues with mediafire, I will be doing a reupload to mega sometime tomorrow morning. So check tomorrow for a new link if mediafire isn't working for you.

I also will take another crack at the butterfly girl.

Next major release for you guys will be in June and will feature Lamia Island. Also will see the jail in west shaman implemented! :gulp:
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby vore2412 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:54 pm

Raiden264 wrote:Thanks to all of you who have answered each other's questions! I had Lasik done just late last week so i've not been able to work on the game much or...see too well for that matter much of anything lol but i'm just now getting adjusted.

For those of you having issues with mediafire, I will be doing a reupload to mega sometime tomorrow morning. So check tomorrow for a new link if mediafire isn't working for you.

I also will take another crack at the butterfly girl.

Next major release for you guys will be in June and will feature Lamia Island. Also will see the jail in west shaman implemented! :gulp:

Welcome to those who've had their vision corrected by lasers! Glad to hear it went well, yeah, just a few more days and you'll either have good eyesight, or better than perfect vision. Looking forward to next update. Also, Butterfly not giving me too many issues except for after defeating her and going back to talk to her again...but then, if you're not going back to be eaten by her, you deserve to see her tantalizing form on your screen until you talk to the naga. ;) Cheers.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Delennd » Wed May 16, 2018 11:46 pm

can anyone tell me where to get the honey jar?
Delennd
Been posting for a bit

Postby ThotPrime » Thu May 17, 2018 4:49 am

i might be blind but where do you find the axe for lumber to fix the rails?
ThotPrime
New to the forum

Postby Delennd » Thu May 17, 2018 1:31 pm

JoebidenBoon wrote:i might be blind but where do you find the axe for lumber to fix the rails?

If you go to the map with the naga's cave and exit that map to the bottom right it will take you to the map with a lake a centaur and 2 guards. Near the top of that map is a chest with an axe in it. You can also buy an axe for 700 from the merchant near the catgirl to the right of the mountains

I havent gotten to the rails yet so apologies if I'm talking about the wrong axe
Delennd
Been posting for a bit

Postby boppityboopy12345678910 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Last edited by boppityboopy12345678910 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
boppityboopy12345678910
New to the forum

Postby luke1401 » Fri May 18, 2018 3:20 pm

ajmajm28 wrote:

My guess is that you do need to restart a new game unless you did something else that may have caused the quest to break.

I have the same bug with a new save.
luke1401
Participator

Postby luke1401 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:10 pm

luke1401 wrote:
ajmajm28 wrote:

I have the same bug with a new save.

So I did some investigation and it looks like I can enter and leave the place just fine but its either entering the pub or deactivating the barrier that stops you being able to return.
luke1401
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game