Forest Monster HD! (New update is here :D)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Balance combat and items?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Leave enemy strength and items as-is. (Note: Food items don't heal so i will fix those regardless)
26%
Leave enemy strength as-is but balance items.
6%
Balance enemy strength but leave items as-is.
18%
Balance enemy strength and items.
49%

Total votes : 87

Re: Forest Monster HD!

Postby Raiden264 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:08 am

Kastaa wrote:Raiden, hopefully you don't take all angry critics (AKA spoiled brats) insults to heart. I've been a huge fan of the game, long before you took over the responsibility from hungryxgirl. What you're creating is great, and although it's true the time between fixes and updates take a lot of time, people keep forgetting that you're just a human, not a robot. Anyone else except Raiden reading this, understand that he/she have important things to focus on in real life, just like anyone else.

It takes time to make the updates/fixes as good as possible, for the player to have the best experience while playing the game. I'm glad Raiden takes the time needed.

Thanks! It's true that I don't have as much time as I'd like to work on this, and I push out releases and patches a bit too fast....resulting in well...more bugs. I appreciate you and everyone else that knows i'm not a robot. ^^;

DestroyMEinstead wrote:
DestroyMEinstead wrote:I get allowing previews to Patreons only, but it is fucking ridiculous that you would force people to wait over two fucking weeks for a bug fix to make your game actually playable. At this point the game is completely broken without being able to progress past the first quest. Money grab much, asshole?

Raiden264 wrote:Let me be frank. I'm working on adding new content, trying to give myself more time to test the game, and also trying to reward people who are actually supporting my efforts to do these things. That's why there's a wait. At $85 A MONTH, if I wanted to "money grab" I would NOT be doing this. At all. Especially not to be yelled at by someone who's mad about work done on free content. >.>

As a game developer myself, which I own and develop a game serving tens of thousands of people a day, I understand the time for testing and I understand all of the issues associated with it. However it is simply sloppy work to have a game be completely broken (You can't use the 'save' excuse for people who don't have said saves and have asked for them). I have had issues in Alpha and Beta stages where a bug has caused major issues effecting basic combat. In these cases, it's not only illogical from a business standpoint but also a disservice to your users to willing hold back a patch. If it means testing a patch in-game, reverting back to a stable version, or rewriting code. $85 dollars isn't much, but I develop for free, my income from the game's development is solely via in-game currency purchases, and all in all only totals about $100 dollars a month without hosting site taxes, advertising, and payouts to the other developers.

I have released 3 or 4 patches to the last release. I want to be able to ensure there are no more game breaking bugs before I release content again. Particularly because everytime I release a patch people find more bugs. I think it's clear that I have not been giving myself enough time to test the game before I release it. However, since people seem to be split on this i'll do a poll. Patch 2.04 now, or wait until April 14th to release the patches amongst the new content 3.0.
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby The_Prof » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:40 am

I say wait for it... And like I said it's an RPG maker game. Those games are notorious for somehow creating bugs in events you never even touched that worked perfectly in the last patch, it really makes no sense half the time so it's nigh impossible to fix all the bugs.
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby ajmajm28 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:53 pm

I would say do a release now if the butterfly bug is fixed. That will stop some people from complaining for the moment and then what ever bugs we do find we can report to you. I honestly don't mind waiting but I think others would like a more stable release then what is currently up.
ajmajm28
Somewhat familiar

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:51 am

Hi, a few extra bugs I've found:
*You don't appear to get any exp from the main monster fights now, if you ever did in the first place.
*You don't get any reward for fighting off individual mermaids in Shoal City
*You can't defeat and remove the mermaids that are assisting the Mermaid Queen during the fight, they will continue their attacks on you even after they have lost all HP.
*The Catgirl appears twice, one is in her original position and will accept the raw rabbit you get after defeating the Manticore, but although it gives you a reward and says the quest is completed the actual quest status doesn't change in the journal and still treats it as unfinished. The 2nd cat girl sprite accepts the rabbit but doesn't give you a reward or quest status update, both versions mean this quest is broken.
*The Harpy Girl as previously mentioned doesn't activate it's vore scene unless you are in the mountain area, this means any time you encounter it in the Tide Pool or area below the mountain will not activate, but if you go off-screen to another area it will activate and break the game if you saved in between losing and moving to the next area.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Archangel64 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:21 am

can't wait to see the new content
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby frosthunter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:54 am

today is the update xD
frosthunter
Somewhat familiar

Postby lich1993 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:03 pm

i've downloaded the 2.03 version and there's a file named "Updates for 2.0 "shouldn't be "Updates for 2.03" ?
lich1993
Participator

Postby Cascades94 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:34 pm

Very excited for the update. Will it release on schedule today?

You do great work, don't let the demanding comments let you down. Thank you for all the hard effort you've put into this.
Cascades94
New to the forum

Postby Raiden264 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:55 pm

Cascades94 wrote:Very excited for the update. Will it release on schedule today?

You do great work, don't let the demanding comments let you down. Thank you for all the hard effort you've put into this.

Thanks I really appreciate that!

All, I come with good and bad news.

The bad news is that I'm a bit behind schedule because the week has been a bit more hectic for me than expected. I had hoped to be done tonight but I can see that won't happen.

The good news is the delay won't be too long. I should have everything squared away within a few days to a week at the very latest. Also this update includes quite a few new characters, a new town and new quests.

So thank you guys for your patience and sorry for the late post. I'll post the game up as soon as I've finished with the new content and with testing!
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby number12321 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Raiden264 wrote:
Cascades94 wrote:Very excited for the update. Will it release on schedule today?

Thanks I really appreciate that!

All, I come with good and bad news.

The bad news is that I'm a bit behind schedule because the week has been a bit more hectic for me than expected. I had hoped to be done tonight but I can see that won't happen.

The good news is the delay won't be too long. I should have everything squared away within a few days to a week at the very latest. Also this update includes quite a few new characters, a new town and new quests.

So thank you guys for your patience and sorry for the late post. I'll post the game up as soon as I've finished with the new content and with testing!
Please take all the time you need! Being behind schedule occasionally is a good sign. It tells me you have a ton of cool stuff planned, and are willing to delay release to get to it all! I can't wait to see what you have done.
number12321
Been posting for a bit

Postby falsim454 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:14 pm

Awesome population so far in the towns and buildings. Couple of glitches I've seen so far, I'll list more here as they show up:

Current build on page 1 - right in the beginning the treasure chest and book shelf both list that they give 150G each, but one of them only gives 4. Not sure which, and numbers could be different altogether - I caught my gold at 154 when I hit the ring shop.

One of the lighting effects from Khas Awesome Lighting Effects is causing a game crash between West Shaman Village / South Shaman Village and Central Shaman Village, giving the "disposed bitmap" error. Looks like that only happens after you've gone into an area that uses lighting effects and done an in-game reset though ... I've run into that in other games. Khas might be doing something about that, I know he has a newer lighting script but it's not free.

Also regarding that, when you leave Larissa's house in South Shaman Village the screen gets darker as though it's night time - it doesn't brighten back up to daylight if you leave the area and do other quests since you're too weak to fight the witch. It looks as though it can be taken care of by going to the second forest area, which sets the weather to raining - the raining doesn't stop when you exit the area, but going home and sleeping restores the lighting to regular daylight and erases the rain. Interesting pieces there.

The witch's house in South Shaman Village has a few holes in the walls that you can walk through, essentially making it so you can climb the walls using them. Just an issue with pass / solid on the hole tiles. There's also a set of vines in Tara's cave that allow you to climb on top of the walls - nothing up there to break the game, just the game illusion.

At the hunter's pond there's a tree that's only half there - the left half, specifically, in the upper right part of the map. Maybe switch to a slim tree tile set on that one to avoid changing collision tiles?

After you defeat the butterfly girl the event cuts off; the image of the butterfly girl stays on the screen with the dude in her belly but the map is explorable again. Talking to the butterfly girl after you figure out where she is changes the picture, but in neither case does the picture erase. Sleeping, closing the game - nothing works. Will need to add an "erase picture" line to the butterfly girl event - plus, after digging into the code, significant others on there ... need to add the guy to the party, and add the script "complete_objective(2,1)" to the part where you defeat the butterfly girl. Will also want to change the battle music back after boss fights as I never realized until looking at the code that the default battle theme is battle 8, it was stuck on the Lamia boss theme.

On the shaman mountain, first area - the wall on the right is messed up, you can walk straight through it. Just likely need to adjust the tiles to keep the left edge blocked to movement.

The slime girl in the forgotten area of the Shaman Cave also needs to have her picture erased once the event is done.
falsim454
Been posting for a bit

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:19 am

I've played version 2.03 and beaten the Mermaid Queen properly without any bugs this time, doing the mine quest atm but i can't get any planks from the Palm trees even with both pickaxes, where is the correct axe I need?
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Archangel64 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:22 am

Psycho_wolvesbane wrote:I've played version 2.03 and beaten the Mermaid Queen properly without any bugs this time, doing the mine quest atm but i can't get any planks from the Palm trees even with both pickaxes, where is the correct axe I need?

At the area with the centaur, there is a iron chest and there can u find the axe
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:29 pm

Archangel64 wrote:
Psycho_wolvesbane wrote:I've played version 2.03 and beaten the Mermaid Queen properly without any bugs this time, doing the mine quest atm but i can't get any planks from the Palm trees even with both pickaxes, where is the correct axe I need?

At the area with the centaur, there is a iron chest and there can u find the axe

It's already been opened in a previous version and no axe, perhaps add a new chest?
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Raiden264 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:25 pm

falsim454 wrote:Awesome population so far in the towns and buildings. Couple of glitches I've seen so far, I'll list more here as they show up:
The slime girl in the forgotten area of the Shaman Cave also needs to have her picture erased once the event is done.

For all the bugs you've listed, I do believe I have them accounted for. The diposed bitmap issue occurs with older save files I believe. Glad you like the game so far. I really am aiming to have the environment be active like Shaman village. It's how hungryxgirl started the game and I like the idea. People walking around and doing things, sounds, weather effects, all that stuff helps with immersion. :)

Psycho_wolvesbane wrote:
Archangel64 wrote:

It's already been opened in a previous version and no axe, perhaps add a new chest?

Yeah, that's an odd bug. I've resolved this by allowing you guys to purchase an axe from a merchant located to the east. He's the guy chillin next to a horse by the catgirl. By the way, I should point out that the Pickaxe is for mining, and the Axe is for chopping trees. For the moment, only palm trees can be chopped, and only rocks in the caverns for the quest can be mined. However, these tools will have more uses in the future.
Raiden264
Participator

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:15 am

I still can't complete the catgirl quest in 2.03, I get the reward money but the quest itself is not flagged as completed.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby dreyk » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:16 am

nice ! can't wait your next update :-D
take your time if you think you need it ^^
dreyk
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gamema5ter2001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:11 am

so when are you going to update it?
Last edited by Gamema5ter2001 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gamema5ter2001
New to the forum

Postby Archangel64 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:01 am

Gamema5ter2001 wrote:so when are you going to update it?

in the comments, just read
maybe in the following days
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Gamema5ter2001 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:47 am

Archangel64 wrote:
Gamema5ter2001 wrote:so when are you going to update it?

in the comments, just read
maybe in the following days

it says the day it was meant to update on the first page
Gamema5ter2001
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game