Forest Monster HD! (New update is here :D)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Balance combat and items?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Leave enemy strength and items as-is. (Note: Food items don't heal so i will fix those regardless)
26%
Leave enemy strength as-is but balance items.
6%
Balance enemy strength but leave items as-is.
18%
Balance enemy strength and items.
49%

Total votes : 87

Re: Forest Monster HD!

Postby Paradox » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:55 pm

ThatLurkerGuy wrote:The difficulty in the game feels really schizophrenic. Random jerkbags will pound me into mulch, while the objectives of my quests, theoretically the bosses, will drop in one or two hits. The only random encounters I'm able to easily beat are the wolfgirls, but in order to reach the area where they are, I have to get past the fairies, who blitz me and take me down in three hits, and the ogres, who I need to drink a potion to beat.

do the same trick i did... Buy cloaks at the armor shop, and sell them for double the prize in the item shop XD
Did that till i had 120.000 Gold and Bought HP and Luck Potions till the inventory was full...

Just like in the old versions. Items outrule :P
You're welcome to visit my Gallery here on Ekas :3
(just click on the dancing girl)
Paradox
---

Postby Raiden264 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:06 pm

ThatLurkerGuy wrote:The difficulty in the game feels really schizophrenic. Random jerkbags will pound me into mulch, while the objectives of my quests, theoretically the bosses, will drop in one or two hits. The only random encounters I'm able to easily beat are the wolfgirls, but in order to reach the area where they are, I have to get past the fairies, who blitz me and take me down in three hits, and the ogres, who I need to drink a potion to beat.

I didn't touch combat much as HungryXGirl left it. I was considering balancing things out so that the difficulty scales the way it's supposed to, but I don't know how people would feel about that. I think i'll start a poll.
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:52 pm

I found that the Eel Girls are way too strong in comparison to the Centauress so if you fight them after beating her then you will have trouble especially since I found you can't run from them at all the times I tried.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby armageddondevil » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:50 pm

quick question, why does pam not take any damage from attacks regardless of how strong you are? I just feel there should be an outcome for those who are awfully persistent with the grinding :? been doing it for hours and still can't do a thing, it's actually a little annoying
armageddondevil
Been posting for a bit

Postby shocky89 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:01 pm

armageddondevil wrote:quick question, why does pam not take any damage from attacks regardless of how strong you are? I just feel there should be an outcome for those who are awfully persistent with the grinding :? been doing it for hours and still can't do a thing, it's actually a little annoying
the reason you cant beat here is because it is for the story purposes. Kind of like how you cant beat the end boss of a game no matter how strong you are, because it shows how far your character has come since the beginning of the game. That and to show you that she is not human.
shocky89
New to the forum

Postby Raiden264 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:09 pm

shocky89 wrote:
armageddondevil wrote:quick question, why does pam not take any damage from attacks regardless of how strong you are? I just feel there should be an outcome for those who are awfully persistent with the grinding :? been doing it for hours and still can't do a thing, it's actually a little annoying
the reason you cant beat here is because it is for the story purposes. Kind of like how you cant beat the end boss of a game no matter how strong you are, because it shows how far your character has come since the beginning of the game. That and to show you that she is not human.

Shocky has it perfectly right. She is simply too far ahead of the player at that point. If you talk to her before the cutscene you actually find out she's completed 18 quests.
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby The_Prof » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:14 pm

Raiden264 wrote:Shocky has it perfectly right. She is simply too far ahead of the player at that point. If you talk to her before the cutscene you actually find out she's completed 18 quests.

I think it would be funny if there was a means of getting enough quests down the road for Pam to go "ok kid you're not as green as I thought" since the Gina quest is pretty optional at this point. But that would be well down the road.
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby SnivyXD » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:00 pm

um where is the empty jar
SnivyXD
Been posting for a bit

Postby ShadowedFigure » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:16 pm

Is the spider possible to beat? I'm wondering if I failed to pay attention to some dialogue somewhere.
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Postby Raiden264 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:07 pm

ShadowedFigure wrote:Is the spider possible to beat? I'm wondering if I failed to pay attention to some dialogue somewhere.

Nope, there's no combat with her.
Raiden264
Participator

Postby The_Prof » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:20 am

oh yes responding to the poll when it comes to balancing the enemies should be the primary focus for balance. Items are relatively ok if not for the fact that gold is currently hard to come by so getting those spiffy magic rings can be a daunting task as most enemies don't drop that much money in the first place (makes sense cause you know monster girls tend to live outside of civilized society and all but still...)

As for enemy balance I think the most egregious of offenders (outside of many bosses being OHK, which I assume was so you could test victory scenes working quickly and didn't change back so they were getting fixed anyways.) are the eel girl and the wolf girl. The Eel girl can wreck you almost instantly with minimal effort while the wolf girl for the position she's in on the map is a living joke. I could see something like a Chicken girl being that weak, and frankly embarassing to lose to, but not a wolf girl
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby warbrand4 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:37 am

hmm I noticed when starting that the side of the town with the jail most buildings lead to the jail.

that and the quest with the giant in the town if you get her groceries they stay with you after the quest, and you do not seem ot get a reward for it despite it saying you did.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MrQuarantine » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:49 am

I gotta say man you really outdid yourself with the update. The grammar is better and the newly implemented scenes and layout are all very well done. Aside from a bit of balancing here and there, this game is easily shaping up to be one of the best on the site. I really appreciate the attention to detail that you added like adding the quest check list and the applause, it really made me feel like I accomplished something after each and kept the game organized. I'm not sure what you have in store for the future in regards to expansions, but I can't wait to see what you do next. Keep up the good work and give yourself a round of applause. :-D
MrQuarantine
Been posting for a bit

Postby DetonaTuto » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:17 pm

there is another bug! I cant get to the cat girl area wich means i also cant get to the chimera area since i need the cat girl's quest to do so! sry if my english sucks!
DetonaTuto
Somewhat familiar

Postby CakePisces » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:02 pm

I love the new update I noticed though the new lamia artwork wasnt implemented, are there any plans to update the artworks next update or the main update on spring as you said on the 1st topic?
That's the power of Strawberry! Get it??!!
CakePisces
Somewhat familiar

Postby kiriaflurry » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:08 pm

Also, ran into the harpies near the mountain entrance. After you lose or click surrender or not, it doesn't move into a scene, it just puts you back out in the world to move around.
kiriaflurry
Somewhat familiar

Postby Raiden264 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:55 pm

Ryahsson wrote:I love the new update I noticed though the new lamia artwork wasnt implemented, are there any plans to update the artworks next update or the main update on spring as you said on the 1st topic?

Yup. Eventually all the artwork will be used. No new lamia scenes for this next update, but maybe around Spring.
Raiden264
Participator

Postby CakePisces » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Raiden264 wrote:
Ryahsson wrote:I love the new update I noticed though the new lamia artwork wasnt implemented, are there any plans to update the artworks next update or the main update on spring as you said on the 1st topic?

Yup. Eventually all the artwork will be used. No new lamia scenes for this next update, but maybe around Spring.

Okay okay, thanks for the info :-D
That's the power of Strawberry! Get it??!!
CakePisces
Somewhat familiar

Postby VampyAcid » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:10 pm

I'm loving the game so far! Please keep up the great work! Do you have a Patreon or something of the like where I can support the game? :D
VampyAcid
New to the forum

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:51 am

The game crashing after turning in the cloth was reported right?
Just making sure

And nice work man~
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game