Forest Monster HD! (New update is here :D)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Balance combat and items?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Leave enemy strength and items as-is. (Note: Food items don't heal so i will fix those regardless)
26%
Leave enemy strength as-is but balance items.
6%
Balance enemy strength but leave items as-is.
18%
Balance enemy strength and items.
49%

Total votes : 87

Re: Forest Monster HD!

Postby Nouvi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:31 pm

The butterfly bug has been mentioned no less than SEVEN TIMES in just one page. It's even been confirmed scheduled to be fixed on next content release, around April 10th.
...for everyone's sake just *please* learn to read at least the last page of the thread...as this is getting absolutely ridiculous.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby Raiden264 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:41 pm

I think I got the memo on the butterfly girl too :lol: . It has been fixed already for the next release.

Speaking of which, a reminder for you guys that the next update for Eka's is on the 14th. It will feature a spooky farm town by the name of Haybale Village. This means good news for those of you who like a bit of fear in your vore experience. Ghost girls, the undead (...still no hard vore. >_> :P), and a new scene with the vampire girl.

Patrons will get access into this one the 27th, for a quick preview, so if you're supporting me, make sure to check for it!

If you guys have questions about the patreon version, about the eka's version, or about bugs or future content plans, feel free to PM me or ask here.
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby vore2412 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:21 am

anema_sesuna wrote:ive got the same glitch as pou28

Open save file before butterfly fight in the prior version if you still have it, that's what I ended up doing in order to advance.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby vore2412 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:39 am

Nouvi wrote:The butterfly bug has been mentioned no less than SEVEN TIMES in just one page. It's even been confirmed scheduled to be fixed on next content release, around April 10th.
...for everyone's sake just *please* learn to read at least the last page of the thread...as this is getting absolutely ridiculous.

Please be mindful of other people on this Forum. Your post has no relevance to fixing the problem, and will do nothing but incite hard feelings at the worst. People will post bugs, and people will post them again. Sometimes more reports only validates past reports. This is just a friendly critique to bring your awareness that such comments are in vain, and might be construed as inflammatory at times.

@ Raiden. Love the game, sans the few bugs. Had the same problem as that Phorcyz19 had with going back to that city, my workaround was going back a map and then returning and it spawned back to normal.
Phorcyz19 wrote:After I beat the mud girl, Shoal City returns to how it was before I stopped the queen, and when I tried to enter the pub the game crashed.
Is the one I'm talking about.

@ Raiden Are there art sequences for Shaira, the Mud Girl, and the Blonde Lamia? Like with them being seen with you inside and the aftermath?

Currently do have the problem on my current save of the minecart in the dwarf city not going back to the other stations. It worked the first time, but after a return visit there to visit our Blonde Lamia, it failed to activate again. Maybe a switch is broken that would reactivate it?

One more small thing. I thought there was a sex scene with the girl you give the wool to, or an option, before. Didn't see it this time, did notice the scene with the character and the lady in the woodcutter's house to get the wool clothing for free that wasn't in previous versions.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Raiden264 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:53 am

vore2412 wrote:
Nouvi wrote:The butterfly bug has been mentioned no less than SEVEN TIMES in just one page. It's even been confirmed scheduled to be fixed on next content release, around April 10th.

Please be mindful of other people on this Forum. Your post has no relevance to fixing the problem, and will do nothing but incite hard feelings at the worst. People will post bugs, and people will post them again. Sometimes more reports only validates past reports. This is just a friendly critique to bring your awareness that such comments are in vain, and might be construed as inflammatory at times.

@ Raiden. Love the game, sans the few bugs. Had the same problem as that Phorcyz19 had with going back to that city, my workaround was going back a map and then returning and it spawned back to normal.
Phorcyz19 wrote:After I beat the mud girl, Shoal City returns to how it was before I stopped the queen, and when I tried to enter the pub the game crashed.
Is the one I'm talking about.

@ Raiden Are there art sequences for Shaira, the Mud Girl, and the Blonde Lamia? Like with them being seen with you inside and the aftermath?

Currently do have the problem on my current save of the minecart in the dwarf city not going back to the other stations. It worked the first time, but after a return visit there to visit our Blonde Lamia, it failed to activate again. Maybe a switch is broken that would reactivate it?

One more small thing. I thought there was a sex scene with the girl you give the wool to, or an option, before. Didn't see it this time, did notice the scene with the character and the lady in the woodcutter's house to get the wool clothing for free that wasn't in previous versions.

There is artwork for Shaira's scene, she also has a disposal scene afterwards. The mud girl and blonde lamia so far just use text, sounds and the face images. The mud girl will likely have more artwork added. As for the minecarts, they've been fixed already. It was a matter of coordinating between the actual carts and the track signals that allow them to "move". Glad you're enjoying the game, and I'm working to make it better with each release with the feedback you guys give. Thanks for pointing a few things out.

Also, bugs that have been reported can be found on the first page on the "Bugs known" list. Sometimes I can be slow in updating that list so no problem if you guys post the same bug over again. As of now, the latest release only seems to have the issue with the butterfly girl, the mine carts, and some people with older saves not being able to get the axe if they opened the chest already. These things are fixed already for the next release.
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:57 am

Has the issue with the Harpy Girl scene been fixed? If you are on the beach or the area before the mountains and submit to her you don't get the scene there, you have to go to another area for it to occur and if you saved before that then your game is broken.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Raiden264 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Psycho_wolvesbane wrote:Has the issue with the Harpy Girl scene been fixed? If you are on the beach or the area before the mountains and submit to her you don't get the scene there, you have to go to another area for it to occur and if you saved before that then your game is broken.

I believe....that the latest version has that fixed. If not, let me know.
Raiden264
Participator

Postby Rokosovo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:42 pm

I have to metion that there was not just bug reports (which are always valuable btw), but also request at least to share saving after butterfly quest finished, so people could go further without waiting for fixing of this bug.
*sigh* Too bad nobody heard that request apparently.
Rokosovo
New to the forum

Postby wood249 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:05 pm

Are you just prey never pred?
wood249
New to the forum

Postby vore2412 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:15 am

Raiden264 wrote:
Psycho_wolvesbane wrote:Has the issue with the Harpy Girl scene been fixed? If you are on the beach or the area before the mountains and submit to her you don't get the scene there, you have to go to another area for it to occur and if you saved before that then your game is broken.

I believe....that the latest version has that fixed. If not, let me know.

Can confirm, version 2.03 does not fix it.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DestroyMEinstead » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:22 am

I get allowing previews to Patreons only, but it is fucking ridiculous that you would force people to wait over two fucking weeks for a bug fix to make your game actually playable. At this point the game is completely broken without being able to progress past the first quest. Money grab much, asshole?
DestroyMEinstead
New to the forum

Postby ajmajm28 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:10 pm

DestroyMEinstead wrote:I get allowing previews to Patreons only, but it is fucking ridiculous that you would force people to wait over two fucking weeks for a bug fix to make your game actually playable. At this point the game is completely broken without being able to progress past the first quest. Money grab much, asshole?

The game had a bug and this stuff happens. However, two weeks is not a big deal. There are a lot of bugs that were worked out and if you have a save past the first part you can continue. This developer is working hard on the game and the changes that are being made are really well done. I understand you are upset but to upload a new copy of the game every time there is a small bug is unreasonable. The two weeks will allow him to fix other bugs in the game as well as add new content. So you will just need to wait for the update.
ajmajm28
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nouvi » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:00 pm

ajmajm28 wrote: However, two weeks is not a big deal.~~ a new copy of the game every time there is a small bug is unreasonable.

However, it's not two weeks. It's double that, FOUR weeks. Also it's not a small bug, it's a GAMEBREAKING bug. At least for those without saves, saves that has been asked for, saves that noone bothered to give.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:59 am

I started a new game and I'm fairly certain I didn't get any Exp for beating the Butterfly Girl.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby Raiden264 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:12 pm

wood249 wrote:Are you just prey never pred?

For now, yes. I've gotten requests to play as a female character so i'll be making side quests in the future to allow people to do that. If people would like to play as a pred I think i'll consider that as well. Hopefully will have those options available in the summer. :)

Nouvi wrote:
ajmajm28 wrote: However, two weeks is not a big deal.~~ a new copy of the game every time there is a small bug is unreasonable.

However, it's not two weeks. It's double that, FOUR weeks. Also it's not a small bug, it's a GAMEBREAKING bug. At least for those without saves, saves that has been asked for, saves that noone bothered to give.

Hey. I get the frustration. Believe me, I'm more frustrated than anyone. The wait is for me to give myself more time to bug test. I also have new content to add. I think that the best course of action is to make the fixes and release the new content at the same time. The majority of bugs are coming from changing things over from the old game. The further I get into this, the less bugs there will be.

DestroyMEinstead wrote:I get allowing previews to Patreons only, but it is fucking ridiculous that you would force people to wait over two fucking weeks for a bug fix to make your game actually playable. At this point the game is completely broken without being able to progress past the first quest. Money grab much, asshole?

Let me be frank. I'm working on adding new content, trying to give myself more time to test the game, and also trying to reward people who are actually supporting my efforts to do these things. That's why there's a wait. At $85 A MONTH, if I wanted to "money grab" I would NOT be doing this. At all. Especially not to be yelled at by someone who's mad about work done on free content. >.>

ajmajm28 wrote:The game had a bug and this stuff happens. However, two weeks is not a big deal. There are a lot of bugs that were worked out and if you have a save past the first part you can continue. This developer is working hard on the game and the changes that are being made are really well done. I understand you are upset but to upload a new copy of the game every time there is a small bug is unreasonable. The two weeks will allow him to fix other bugs in the game as well as add new content. So you will just need to wait for the update.

Thank you. I'm glad you appreciate the changes that have been done already, and thanks for your patience.
Raiden264
Participator

Postby Kastaa » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:43 am

Raiden, hopefully you don't take all angry critics (AKA spoiled brats) insults to heart. I've been a huge fan of the game, long before you took over the responsibility from hungryxgirl. What you're creating is great, and although it's true the time between fixes and updates take a lot of time, people keep forgetting that you're just a human, not a robot. Anyone else except Raiden reading this, understand that he/she have important things to focus on in real life, just like anyone else.

It takes time to make the updates/fixes as good as possible, for the player to have the best experience while playing the game. I'm glad Raiden takes the time needed.
Kastaa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Black_Knight » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:58 pm

Kastaa wrote:Raiden, hopefully you don't take all angry critics (AKA spoiled brats) insults to heart. I've been a huge fan of the game, long before you took over the responsibility from hungryxgirl. What you're creating is great, and although it's true the time between fixes and updates take a lot of time, people keep forgetting that you're just a human, not a robot. Anyone else except Raiden reading this, understand that he/she have important things to focus on in real life, just like anyone else.

It takes time to make the updates/fixes as good as possible, for the player to have the best experience while playing the game. I'm glad Raiden takes the time needed.

whole heartedly agreed
Black_Knight
Somewhat familiar

Postby nightelluna » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:20 pm

defeated the girl butterfly but the quest I can not surrender to the grandmother in the church and with the girl the butterfly there are no more dialogues (she just asks if I returned the boy or not)
nightelluna
New to the forum

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:45 pm

nightelluna wrote:defeated the girl butterfly but the quest I can not surrender to the grandmother in the church and with the girl the butterfly there are no more dialogues (she just asks if I returned the boy or not)

The butterfly dialogue is part of the original version of the game and hasn't been updated since in the new HD version, as for the quest update I was able to do this myself just recently, maybe you have to go to the Lamia in the cave and say no to giving up the boy to her before going back to the mother.
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

Postby DestroyMEinstead » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:45 pm

[quote="Raiden264"]Let me be frank. I'm working on adding new content, trying to give myself more time to test the game, and also trying to reward people who are actually supporting my efforts to do these things. That's why there's a wait. At $85 A MONTH, if I wanted to "money grab" I would NOT be doing this. At all. Especially not to be yelled at by someone who's mad about work done on free content. >.>

As a game developer myself, which I own and develop a game serving tens of thousands of people a day, I understand the time for testing and I understand all of the issues associated with it. However it is simply sloppy work to have a game be completely broken (You can't use the 'save' excuse for people who don't have said saves and have asked for them). I have had issues in Alpha and Beta stages where a bug has caused major issues effecting basic combat. In these cases, it's not only illogical from a business standpoint but also a disservice to your users to willing hold back a patch. If it means testing a patch in-game, reverting back to a stable version, or rewriting code. $85 dollars isn't much, but I develop for free, my income from the game's development is solely via in-game currency purchases, and all in all only totals about $100 dollars a month without hosting site taxes, advertising, and payouts to the other developers.
DestroyMEinstead
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game