Forest Monster HD! (New update is here :D)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Balance combat and items?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:10 pm

Leave enemy strength and items as-is. (Note: Food items don't heal so i will fix those regardless)
26%
Leave enemy strength as-is but balance items.
6%
Balance enemy strength but leave items as-is.
18%
Balance enemy strength and items.
49%

Total votes : 87

Re: Forest Monster HD!

Postby Pou28 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Raiden264 wrote:
Pou28 wrote:When do you expect to release the first version of the game? ^^

Probably in a week or two.

Nice! I can't wait ^^
Pou28
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:27 am

I would personally request to review the money system. It's possible to buy stat items at low prices. Yet, players often run into a money problem as the monsters barely drop any gold and quests usually don't pay. I would at least request to be able to sleep in your own bed to heal up.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CakePisces » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:08 am

Raiden264, I appreciate you continuing the project in place of hungrygirl while she's having some IRL problems...kinda eager now for an update XD
That's the power of Strawberry! Get it??!!
CakePisces
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lakeless » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:58 am

It really is a sensational thing you're doing for the entire community who enjoy this game. Even if certain individuals aren't entirely worthy of receiving anything after what they did. (whether you're a fan or not, there is NO excuse for sending rude messages to someone about something you're getting for FREE. End of). Shame on those who did that.

In any case, it's awesome that you also know your way around RPG maker. I'm sure you'll do this game justice and make hungryXgirl proud :)

Kudos to you!
Lakeless
Somewhat familiar

Postby Raiden264 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:58 am

I would personally request to review the money system. It's possible to buy stat items at low prices. Yet, players often run into a money problem as the monsters barely drop any gold and quests usually don't pay. I would at least request to be able to sleep in your own bed to heal up.

This is one of the first things I implemented! :silly: You can sleep in your bed to rest for free when you're near the village. When you're further away and can't be bothered to walk back, there will be an inn you can stay in.

And thank you Ryahsson and Lakeless!
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby Evilpancake » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:19 am

This sounds like a very nice project to take up, I played the previous version and while it had a lot of potential, i couldn't get past the atrocious english. I understand it's not their first language, but it broke it for me. That in addition to every vore encounter seemed to be the same oral vore over and over, even when a naga seemed like she was doing Unbirth... it still ended up in the stomach, i was rather confused, and the poor english didn't clear anything up. Bout half an hour i just said..."meh, not worth it" and deleted it.

So I hope maybe some new eyes and creativity can turn the potential of this game into something good! Here's to you good sir!
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ryuu27 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:05 am

could you increase the number of save please ? i do one save for each scene, and 16 isn't enought. :gulp:
Ryuu27
Participator

Postby forumlurker » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:06 pm

I second that request!
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArrenJevleth » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:46 am

Ryuu27 wrote:could you increase the number of save please ? i do one save for each scene, and 16 isn't enought. :gulp:

Unfortunately, that's not something he can control, if I recall correctly. The amount of save slots available is largely (if not entirely) dependent on which version of RPG Maker he's using. If he's using VX/VX Ace, or maybe even the new MV (which I have absolutely no experience with), this shouldn't be a problem.

One backdoor thing you could do, though, would be whenever you run out of save slots, just copy the save files you have right now to a sub-folder in the game, so you can make new saves and if you ever want to go back to the others, just paste them back into the primary folder. Could get a bit tedious if you're looking for specific saves, but it is an option.
ArrenJevleth
New to the forum

Postby Erecant » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:56 am

Judging by the pictures in the op, it looks like vx ace. That being the case, there is a simple script which will allow for as many save slots as the dev wants. I have it set to allow for 99 saves in my game.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby necrohousin » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:39 am

since the original creator put up the entire project file when thy had to stop work on the project. it definitely is VX Ace.

the way to edit the max save files according to:
ttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php? ... ave-slots/

is to go into the script named 'data manager' within the script editor and it will be there and will default to 16.

i found it and changed it just to see what would happen and set it as 150.
it does not seem to have caused any strange problems and the game does recognize it as valid save slots.

I hope that helps anyone who was looking for the values for the save files on their own
necrohousin
New to the forum

Postby Raiden264 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:42 am

necrohousin wrote:since the original creator put up the entire project file when thy had to stop work on the project. it definitely is VX Ace.

the way to edit the max save files according to:
ttp://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php? ... ave-slots/

is to go into the script named 'data manager' within the script editor and it will be there and will default to 16.

i found it and changed it just to see what would happen and set it as 150.
it does not seem to have caused any strange problems and the game does recognize it as valid save slots.

I hope that helps anyone who was looking for the values for the save files on their own

I'll try this out. I want to be sure it doesn't affect game performance or cause any issues with existing scripts. Speaking of which, I've added a working quest journal to keep up with your current quests. I've also gotten the OK from Karbo to use his artwork in the game! :-D.....though I think it may have already been used at least once...I have the proper go-ahead now.
If ya like the stuff I make please support me on SubscribeStar! Unlock new content here...https://subscribestar.adult/raiv
Raiden264
Participator

Postby darknessblades » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:39 am

any beta coming soon?
darknessblades
Participator

Postby killermeow » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:46 pm

darknessblades wrote:any beta coming soon?

Seriously? Let me grab a quote from the top of the page:
Pou28 wrote:
Raiden264 wrote:
Pou28 wrote:When do you expect to release the first version of the game? ^^
Probably in a week or two.
Nice! I can't wait ^^

For the love of god, please learn to READ THE REST OF THE THREAD.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kastaa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:37 am

Great idea indeed. Can't wait for a release!

However, imo you should keep having the same type of vore scenes as the original creator did. With simple pictures of bellies shrinking etc.

Good luck!
Kastaa
Somewhat familiar

Postby eatashley » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:47 pm

This looks great from the screenshots, can't wait to play it when it releases! I would love a female player option but it's not totally necessary
eatashley
New to the forum

Postby Kastaa » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:02 pm

Raiden, I just recently completed playing the latest version of this game, which made me into way more of a fan than I already was. I haven't seen so many vore scenes since Mysta's Myst Adventure, it's amazing!
You deciding to take over the project makes me, but surely also a lot of other people happy, considering it's such a great game afterall. The fact that you work so fast makes everything so much better aswell.

Will you be posting some updates on how far into the making you've gotten? I'd love to follow your work!

Also, about the rude comments hungryxgirl recieved... Haters are everywhere, even on Eka's. I'm aware that hungryxgirl couldn't continue this project due to real life issues, but recieving mean comments shouldn't hinder any progress on the game unless you're ultra sensitive. Hopefully this wont hinder your progress aswell, please understand that you always have more supportive people than haters.

Good luck to you, including hungryxgirl

(This is unimportant, but I just LOOOVEE how you could feed some monsters, with humans! for example, when you let the lamia digest the child and his mother. I'd even consider PAYING to see more of that!)

Ahem..BYE!
Kastaa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Raiden264 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:59 pm

Will you be posting some updates on how far into the making you've gotten? I'd love to follow your work!

I'm glad to see the game has fans who are following it. Definitely motivates me to work hard on it! :-D

So we're about a week into this here and to give you an idea of where it is now i've made the following changes:

-Added a quest journal. This makes further development easier as it replaces all of the tangled event switches on a technical side. On the player side it makes it much easier to keep up with your quests and objectives.
-Imported some more music. Not much, just a few ogg songs to mix things up. Shouldn't increase file size by much.
-Added a few new maps, and currently one new quests that feature TWO new vore scenes and one new character.
-Fixed grammatical errors. I've actually removed nearly all of them at this point. This has been by far the most time consuming. ^^;
-Fixed transfer bugs
-Reworked the hunter's bow quest a bit.
-Added in a lighting system
-Fixed issues with screen resolution
-And finally, added in new art assets. More specifically art from my all-time favorite vore artist Karbo! Mostly mawshots- inside pictures.

Next week and this weekend i'll be working on implementing the new town hungryxgirl left unfinished and adding more scenes. Last will be a day or two of testing and any fixes that need to be made.
Raiden264
Participator

Postby Monopolus » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:05 pm

I can tell this is going to be great, simply because of your organization. 'Can't wait to try it!
Monopolus
???

Postby kuman2011 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:17 pm

I Can't wait enough for this. just letting you that you are doing a great job and we excitedly await your release :)
kuman2011
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game