Millia/Echidna Wars DX

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Millia/Echidna Wars DX

Postby tritrium » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:54 am

So i just read Camels latest blog post
And from what i could make out of it, they possibly might not make the end of the year.
I say possibly, because translations.
But from what i could make out of it:
theyre now driving towards the final stages of the game.
But to make the release before the end, it would be more of a spurt then a drive.
Again, its translations, so this might be entirely wrong ^-^.

Either way, the lamia-like figure at the mainscreen might be his medusa?
i guess im just way too curious to find out :p
tritrium
Participator

Postby DarkPinkie » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:28 am

tritrium wrote:So i just read Camels latest blog post
And from what i could make out of it, they possibly might not make the end of the year.
I say possibly, because translations.
But from what i could make out of it:
theyre now driving towards the final stages of the game.
But to make the release before the end, it would be more of a spurt then a drive.
Again, its translations, so this might be entirely wrong ^-^.

Either way, the lamia-like figure at the mainscreen might be his medusa?
i guess im just way too curious to find out :p

Dang! I guess we just have to wait for early-mid Q1 2017 then. But who knows? Maybe they can pull through.

Also digging through the posts yesterday I did kind of come to the same conclusion. Either it's the medusa or its the egyptian queen like lamia he have been doodling lately. Both would be pretty good, though I'd personally favour the lamia queen.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby tritrium » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:31 am

By going of the shade on the mainscreen id say the queen-like one looks more alike the shade then medusa does.
And again, its translation and theyre very bad xD
It could be that they were on course but now just need to step it up a little because camel has been sick a few days.
Idk, i do know that i can barely wait for this game to release xD
tritrium
Participator

Postby AMCJavelin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:57 pm

Oh by the way, the end boss is Echidna, calling it now.
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby VirtuosoViking » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:12 pm

AMCJavelin wrote:Oh by the way, the end boss is Echidna, calling it now.

If I recall correctly, Echidna is what the monsters are called. Not 100% sure, feel free to correct me, anyone.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Hagen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:21 pm

SO I Down loaded the game and I can't get past the menu screan the only buttons that work are up and down. Any tips?
Hagen
Participator

Postby formaldehyde » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:20 am

Hagen wrote:SO I Down loaded the game and I can't get past the menu screan the only buttons that work are up and down. Any tips?

a lotta japanese games (least from what i noticed) specially around doujin and indie stuff use zxcv as the action buttons and usually they can work the menus. some western devs also use these kinda controls too i noticed.

right onscreen it should say to use z to select x to cancel. remember enter doesnt do a dam thing. If you got a controller hooked up you can use that too, try buttons 1 and 2.

if z x joy 1 and joy 2 arent working though, i dunno :?

IIRC the original miliawars the keyboard wouldnt work if you had a controller plugged in and the game locked you to joy controls. I had to pull the plug (or disable the device) on my p990 every time i wanted to play the game cause i cant stand using analog stick gamepad for games like this. far as I can tell the DX version doesnt have that problem but you could always try pulling the plug on your gamepad (if you got one) before starting the game, couldnt hurt.
formaldehyde
Been posting for a bit

Postby DarkPinkie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:06 am

[quote="VirtuosoViking" ]If I recall correctly, Echidna is what the monsters are called. Not 100% sure, feel free to correct me, anyone.[/quote]
I do believe that is correct. Millia is the sort of valkyres that Mirea is from of and Echidna is the monsters. That is at least what I've understood from it.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby twistedknight » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:58 am

DarkPinkie wrote:[quote="VirtuosoViking" ]If I recall correctly, Echidna is what the monsters are called. Not 100% sure, feel free to correct me, anyone.[/quote]
I do believe that is correct. Millia is the sort of valkyres that Mirea is from of and Echidna is the monsters. That is at least what I've understood from it.[/quote]

from what mireas character quote says I,m more convinced
that echidna created the monsters
twistedknight
Been posting for a bit

Postby foxyumbreon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Being a sucker for the hardest of the hard by NES standards when it comes to games, I'm not normally one to suggest ideas to make a game easier, but I think it would be neat to have four lives instead of three. Because the game lets you switch characters when you lose a life, I think a fun way to play the game would be to switch characters after every death, so having enough lives to cycle through each once would work well for that.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DarkPinkie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:57 pm

foxyumbreon wrote:Being a sucker for the hardest of the hard by NES standards when it comes to games, I'm not normally one to suggest ideas to make a game easier, but I think it would be neat to have four lives instead of three. Because the game lets you switch characters when you lose a life, I think a fun way to play the game would be to switch characters after every death, so having enough lives to cycle through each once would work well for that.

You do have 4 lives. It's 3 extra lives listed (3-2-1-0). This would allow you to play each character once. Not counting if you find extra lives of course.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Hagen » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:30 pm

formaldehyde wrote:
Hagen wrote:SO I Down loaded the game and I can't get past the menu screan the only buttons that work are up and down. Any tips?

a lotta japanese games (least from what i noticed) specially around doujin and indie stuff use zxcv as the action buttons and usually they can work the menus. some western devs also use these kinda controls too i noticed.

right onscreen it should say to use z to select x to cancel. remember enter doesnt do a dam thing. If you got a controller hooked up you can use that too, try buttons 1 and 2.

if z x joy 1 and joy 2 arent working though, i dunno :?

IIRC the original miliawars the keyboard wouldnt work if you had a controller plugged in and the game locked you to joy controls. I had to pull the plug (or disable the device) on my p990 every time i wanted to play the game cause i cant stand using analog stick gamepad for games like this. far as I can tell the DX version doesnt have that problem but you could always try pulling the plug on your gamepad (if you got one) before starting the game, couldnt hurt.

gracious this is all i needed.
Hagen
Participator

Postby AMCJavelin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:37 pm

VirtuosoViking wrote:

If I recall correctly, Echidna is what the monsters are called. Not 100% sure, feel free to correct me, anyone.

Greek mythology Echidna is the mother of all monsters, her mate is Typhon the Father of all monsters
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby sizehunter » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:30 pm

Hmmm... An interesting prospect for a later boss could be a doppleganger who would take the form of whoever you started the fight as, or she could shift into the different characters to pull her attacks. Who knows what the developer has somewhere in their mind.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby foxyumbreon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:25 pm

DarkPinkie wrote:
foxyumbreon wrote:Being a sucker for the hardest of the hard by NES standards when it comes to games, I'm not normally one to suggest ideas to make a game easier, but I think it would be neat to have four lives instead of three. Because the game lets you switch characters when you lose a life, I think a fun way to play the game would be to switch characters after every death, so having enough lives to cycle through each once would work well for that.

You do have 4 lives. It's 3 extra lives listed (3-2-1-0). This would allow you to play each character once. Not counting if you find extra lives of course.

All right. I feel like I had gotten at least one game over when demoing the game, so I must've miscounted.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Maxi77 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:27 pm

I wonder if i will see more hybrid monsters like, plant flytrap like ones, mermaids, eels, centaurs, and dolphin or sharks.
Maxi77
Been posting for a bit

Postby twistedknight » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:09 am

AMCJavelin wrote:
VirtuosoViking wrote:

Greek mythology Echidna is the mother of all monsters, her mate is Typhon the Father of all monsters

so its very likely echidnas the final boss
twistedknight
Been posting for a bit

Postby AMCJavelin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:18 pm

I can't imagine who else it would be...Unless it was Typhon...but if it was Typhon that would be GG, Typhon nearly killed Zeus twice, and the rest of the Greek Pantheon is scared shitless of Typhon
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby DarkPinkie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Granted we are speaking about a japanese production here. They have a habit of handpicking their inspiration sources and disregard anything they don't like. Mirea being a "valkyre" is proof of this. She is as much a valkyre as americans are bald eagles wielding lmg's and shotguns. A pretty cool design, but a far cry from what an actual valkyre is. So who knows? Maybe it's Echidna? Maybe it's some trash tier monster, just to leave some room for a sequel.

But yeah. Lets hope they shift into max gear and manage to crank the game out during the set "mid December". If it's not out by 22nd December. Then I will stop waiting with baited breath and come back in January.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby seth270 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:36 pm

In Australian Echidna is a lil spiky Marsupial with a long sticky tounge for slurping ants and sharp claws for digging

XD

Jokes aside i'm liking the reboot milla
seth270
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game