hey i need a coder who could make a vore plugin for me

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

hey i need a coder who could make a vore plugin for me

Postby tdboy2002 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:45 pm

please i need some help with this i kinda new at owning a server but i want a vore plugin on it so could some one help make a plugin for it
tdboy2002
New to the forum

Re: hey i need a coder who could make a vore plugin for me

Postby Speedyblupi » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:07 pm

What do you want the plugin to do, and what program do you want the plugin for?
Speedyblupi
Participator

Postby tdboy2002 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Speedyblupi wrote:What do you want the plugin to do, and what program do you want the plugin for?

for spigot i want the plugin to be able to do different vore
tdboy2002
New to the forum

Postby dst3313 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Just speaking in general terms, programming any kind of software requires just the time to get through it, and a logical mind to work through every step of what you want to have happen.

And then a lot of debugging when things don't quite go the way you expected :D
dst3313
Somewhat familiar

Postby tdboy2002 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:26 pm

ok ok
tdboy2002
New to the forum

Postby Cygni » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Try looking into how to code in Java yourself. There are plenty of free online resources. Once you spend half an hour trying to make a simple "hello world" program, then you might start to appreciate how difficult coding is, and that simply asking for "someone to code a plugin" for you is not only unreasonable, but downright illogical. For example, the vore plugin on the VoreCraft server likely took hundreds if hours of work to get to the state it is today (not to mention having to try and work with the defunct KitsuneChat (not sure why nightfury decided on that particular plugin anyway)). And VoreCraft was a passion project, meaning the developers wznted to work on it for themselves and others, free of charge. What you are asking would take some serious forethought as to what exactly you want, and likely a few hundred, if not thousand, dollars to pay a coder (or team of coders) to develop and refine what you want. Also, Minecraft is extremely limited as to exactly what can be made a plugin (or even a mod) and what you want is likely outside the realm of possibility. Sorry for posting this long-winded and somewhat chastising reply, but I feel this would adequately resolve several questions and/or concerns you may have.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tdboy2002 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Maenethal wrote:Try looking into how to code in Java yourself. There are plenty of free online resources. Once you spend half an hour trying to make a simple "hello world" program, then you might start to appreciate how difficult coding is, and that simply asking for "someone to code a plugin" for you is not only unreasonable, but downright illogical. For example, the vore plugin on the VoreCraft server likely took hundreds if hours of work to get to the state it is today (not to mention having to try and work with the defunct KitsuneChat (not sure why nightfury decided on that particular plugin anyway)). And VoreCraft was a passion project, meaning the developers wznted to work on it for themselves and others, free of charge. What you are asking would take some serious forethought as to what exactly you want, and likely a few hundred, if not thousand, dollars to pay a coder (or team of coders) to develop and refine what you want. Also, Minecraft is extremely limited as to exactly what can be made a plugin (or even a mod) and what you want is likely outside the realm of possibility. Sorry for posting this long-winded and somewhat chastising reply, but I feel this would adequately resolve several questions and/or concerns you may have.

it actually hard for me to learn some stuff so codding would be impossible for me XD
tdboy2002
New to the forum

Postby paperairplaneclip » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:03 pm

tdboy2002 wrote:it actually hard for me to learn some stuff so codding would be impossible for me XD

How is it "hard for you" to learn stuff? Do you have some issue? Or do you just "happen-not-to-be-good-the-first-time-so-automatically-you-give-up" or just don't want to put in the time? Or "self-diagnosed" problem?

Not trying to sound offensive, and I apologize if I sound so, but I highly doubt anyone will do it for you free of charge, so you should seriously consider doing it yourself, unless you have, as I mentioned, some sort of issue that somehow does prevent you from doing any sort of coding.
paperairplaneclip
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dst3313 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:37 pm

Maenethal wrote:Try looking into how to code in Java yourself.

I won't address most of this right now, but as to kitsunechat in particular, since I became a minecraft exile I have not seen any other chat mod package that can do the "--" trick (or an equivalent) for chat post extension like kc can. so for that feaure alone, nightfury made a good choice, and I have to give her credit for it.
dst3313
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheSignPainter » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:27 pm

i probably could pull something out of my magic hat of coding projects (i actually was planning on a mod that basically does this...a plugin shouldn't be too hard, methinks), but i don't have access to my workspaces at the moment due to a fried motherboard on the only computer that has them.

:/

look, you're best off tryin' to do it yourself. there's tons of modding tutorials out there, for many different minecraft versions. it's actually really easy if you look at the tutorials and work from there, making attempts to figure stuff out yourself. while so far my biggest accomplishment is backporting the magma block from 1.10.2 to 1.8.9, i'm still proud of it because it was figured out based on what i had. i experimented, saw what worked and what didn't. you shouldn't be afraid to do the same. experimentation is the key to success, and you ain't gettin' outta nowhereville if you don't at least try it for a little while.

*shrug*
whatever floats your boat. i don't really care what you do, it doesn't affect me. i just wanna make sure you get what you're lookin' for as best as possible. and the best way to get what you want is for you to do it.
- Sincerely, the Sign Painter
TheSignPainter
Somewhat familiar

Postby MariAquaria » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:40 am

I just have one question for you, sir. Your profile says you wanted a server OTHER than Vorecraft. So my question is: Why not vorecraft? It's the only server you'll ever see with a plugin like that, as plugins are really hard to code, and the only person with the code for this specific plugin is the coder for the server. So... once again... why not?
MariAquaria
Somewhat familiar

Postby dst3313 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:14 am

EveKitsune wrote:I just have one question for you, sir. Your profile says you wanted a server OTHER than Vorecraft. So my question is: Why not vorecraft? It's the only server you'll ever see with a plugin like that, as plugins are really hard to code, and the only person with the code for this specific plugin is the coder for the server. So... once again... why not?

There have been other servers with vore modules (such as the now defunct Devourcraft), and I'm sure there will be again in the future. Plugins take work perhaps, but the code logic isn't all that hard really. A lot of the pieces of a /vore command are already in the Essentials package - a stomach is really not that different from a /sethome, teleporting someone into one isn't that different from a /tpa or /home command, just applied to a different user...

As for the rest, I'm not touching that with a 50 foot pole.
dst3313
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cygni » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:41 pm

dst3313 wrote:
Maenethal wrote:Try looking into how to code in Java yourself.

I won't address most of this right now, but as to kitsunechat in particular, since I became a minecraft exile I have not seen any other chat mod package that can do the "--" trick (or an equivalent) for chat post extension like kc can. so for that feaure alone, nightfury made a good choice, and I have to give her credit for it.

spout does it
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tdboy2002 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:25 pm

:cry: :cry:
tdboy2002
New to the forum

Postby dst3313 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:40 am

Maenethal wrote:spout does it

Well, within the constraints of spigot, then, if you like.

tdboy2002 wrote: :cry: :cry:

:|
dst3313
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game