Delete this post please.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Delete this post please.

Postby J3DGTS » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:13 pm

If someone could delete this post, that would be great.
Last edited by J3DGTS on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Re: So I made this game

Postby bebopy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:03 am

I imagine as long as you don't monetize the game there shouldn't be any issues, I'd double check that though
bebopy
Participator

Postby bebopy » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:04 am

Spooky's RPG had actual models in it now that I recall
bebopy
Participator

Postby J3DGTS » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:23 pm

Oh really? I guess I can make the game. Idk if anyone would play though.. Thats why I'm still deciding if I'm actually gonna do it or not. My design isn't even that good based on the short demo I made. I made it all myself except for the tileset.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zashplays » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:01 pm

I would totally play the game, so please, finish it.
Zashplays
New to the forum

Postby JustAQuinn » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Perhaps you should take a step back and look at yourself. Do you really need art for a vore game? Do you?

If you're so lazy you can't make your art, instead of asking for others' help, consider working in your means and:

A) Create content that can use pictures to provide alternative media digestion similar to the format of a Visual Novel

B) Don't use art and get wordy, which with adjustment becomes ^

I for one have been on these forums for a while and have seen games use models. None of them were all that. The images made using models were unique, but unique doesn't make me want to play your game, unique doesn't mean your writing makes the vore scenes interesting, unique doesn't make your gameplay enjoyable, and it doesn't fix or cover up typos.

Now, I know you have already completely developed a full game before so take the following with a grain of salt.

Normally, I don't talk much here because I can't stand the nature of criticism here, but this is a huge issue for me personally so I'll be frank. Making an RPG is not a race. You might be thinking "What are you talking about, I don't make games to beat someone for a time limit." and that is true. However, that also means you aren't in competition. Take your time and hone your game like you hone a story, a song, an art piece, or a computer program since games build upon other art forms.

Artists don't start taking on huge challenges and coming out unscathed. Musicians don't just produce bangers in one mix. Writers edit. And they all have to start small. So don't be afraid to make an RPG that can be completed in one hour. Or twenty minutes. Because as long as you complete anything, you know you can complete something. So many ideas amongst the years I've squashed because I let access to something I can't handle like art get me down. I didn't need art. I just wanted it because the games I thought were good had good art so naturally good games have good art.

For an example, see possible the first and possibly even last series of Western RPG Maker games with a size fetish that have been completed "Ari no Tsurugi". AoT 2 literally has placeholders for images to this day because the developer didn't let a lack of good art get in the way of his vision.

Lots of RPGs around this forum have art. Some have good art. Not many of them have excellent writing, good gameplay, or run without bugs destroying an experience. I know it can be hard and I know I sound banal. But I'm unfortunately plugged into the fart fetish community as well, and let me tell you, it's pretty hard to say images aren't necessary when the benchmark jRPG is a short series that uses POV perspectives with cropped images, animations, and sound effects with quite a good amount of dialogue for each boss battle.

So what I'm trying to say is, if you can't find images that work for you and won't make them, try to start by working without them unless you absolutely need them.

TL;DR: That's a whole lotta features for a free game I'm not sure you have the merit to finish to add art design and art on top of. Be careful you're not overtaxing yourself if you can't even work up the drive to create art for your game. A text only game with all of those features, low bugs, good gameplay, and a great story would be so much better than a game with subpar art and worse gameplay and a worse story. Ask yourself: What's stopping me from just using an RPG Maker Extractor to look at your art and call it a day if the game the art goes in isn't to par?
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar

Postby polyedit2000 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:47 pm

Hm, photos of giantesses? Well, it's up to you if you want to go that route.

---

Hm, the intro isn't much to judge by. This is what I did in the intro:

-Know I go into the house
-Know there is a shady guy waiting for me outside
-Go outside to grab candle
-Can't go out or in, finally checked lamp for candle, then got caught.

I'm sure you have the whole story planned, but consider this: What would another person, who doesn't know your story, expect to know? Personally, knowing there's a shady guy outside on the first playthrough might try to make the player look for other options. Also, I guess I was expecting to go to the store to grab a candle, probably a mishearing on my part.

But I guess I will reserve actual judgement when you do end up making more for the game.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby J3DGTS » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:30 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:Hm, photos of giantesses? Well, it's up to you if you want to go that route.

---

Hm, the intro isn't much to judge by. This is what I did in the intro:

-Know I go into the house
-Know there is a shady guy waiting for me outside
-Go outside to grab candle
-Can't go out or in, finally checked lamp for candle, then got caught.

I'm sure you have the whole story planned, but consider this: What would another person, who doesn't know your story, expect to know? Personally, knowing there's a shady guy outside on the first playthrough might try to make the player look for other options. Also, I guess I was expecting to go to the store to grab a candle, probably a mishearing on my part.

But I guess I will reserve actual judgement when you do end up making more for the game.
Well as I said, I didn't spend much time on making this. I spent about 30 minutes making just the maps, 10 minutes finding and customizing the Window skins, 20 minutes on dialog, 30 minutes on events, and about 5 minutes looking for facesets. So only about 1.5 hours making this. Also, due to recent events, I will most likely be changing the story quite drastically. I think I've decided to make it a monster girl based game, meaning there wont be a story revolved around a giantess (which is what I intended).
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby The_Prof » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:56 pm

JustAQuinn wrote:Perhaps you should take a step back and look at yourself. Do you really need art for a vore game? Do you?

If you're so lazy you can't make your art, instead of asking for others' help, consider working in your means and:

A) Create content that can use pictures to provide alternative media digestion similar to the format of a Visual Novel

I for one have been on these forums for a while and have seen games use models. None of them were all that. The images made using models were unique, but unique doesn't make me want to play your game, unique doesn't mean your writing makes the vore scenes interesting, unique doesn't make your gameplay enjoyable, and it doesn't fix or cover up typos.

Now, I know you have already completely developed a full game before so take the following with a grain of salt.

Normally, I don't talk much here because I can't stand the nature of criticism here, but this is a huge issue for me personally so I'll be frank. Making an RPG is not a race. You might be thinking "What are you talking about, I don't make games to beat someone for a time limit." and that is true. However, that also means you aren't in competition. Take your time and hone your game like you hone a story, a song, an art piece, or a computer program since games build upon other art forms.

Artists don't start taking on huge challenges and coming out unscathed. Musicians don't just produce bangers in one mix. Writers edit. And they all have to start small. So don't be afraid to make an RPG that can be completed in one hour. Or twenty minutes. Because as long as you complete anything, you know you can complete something. So many ideas amongst the years I've squashed because I let access to something I can't handle like art get me down. I didn't need art. I just wanted it because the games I thought were good had good art so naturally good games have good art.

For an example, see possible the first and possibly even last series of Western RPG Maker games with a size fetish that have been completed "Ari no Tsurugi". AoT 2 literally has placeholders for images to this day because the developer didn't let a lack of good art get in the way of his vision.

Lots of RPGs around this forum have art. Some have good art. Not many of them have excellent writing, good gameplay, or run without bugs destroying an experience. I know it can be hard and I know I sound banal. But I'm unfortunately plugged into the fart fetish community as well, and let me tell you, it's pretty hard to say images aren't necessary when the benchmark jRPG is a short series that uses POV perspectives with cropped images, animations, and sound effects with quite a good amount of dialogue for each boss battle.

So what I'm trying to say is, if you can't find images that work for you and won't make them, try to start by working without them unless you absolutely need them.

TL;DR: That's a whole lotta features for a free game I'm not sure you have the merit to finish to add art design and art on top of. Be careful you're not overtaxing yourself if you can't even work up the drive to create art for your game. A text only game with all of those features, low bugs, good gameplay, and a great story would be so much better than a game with subpar art and worse gameplay and a worse story. Ask yourself: What's stopping me from just using an RPG Maker Extractor to look at your art and call it a day if the game the art goes in isn't to par?

well he doesn't have to "create" art. Some of us just suck a drawing after all. However asking for freebees this early is kinda rude. Start off focusing on the core gameplay and writing. One option is to use placeholder artworks (note: Please get the owner's permission before using their art and respect their wishes if they decline.) if you feel the need to use art. If your game has enough quality writing some artists may choose to offer their hand in helping. However there's about a 90% chance that you're going to need to either create your own art for it or pay another artist to help.
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby J3DGTS » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:28 am

The_Prof wrote:
JustAQuinn wrote:Perhaps you should take a step back and look at yourself. Do you really need art for a vore game? Do you?

well he doesn't have to "create" art. Some of us just suck a drawing after all. However asking for freebees this early is kinda rude. Start off focusing on the core gameplay and writing. One option is to use placeholder artworks (note: Please get the owner's permission before using their art and respect their wishes if they decline.) if you feel the need to use art. If your game has enough quality writing some artists may choose to offer their hand in helping. However there's about a 90% chance that you're going to need to either create your own art for it or pay another artist to help.
If you read what I said, I said I'm not asking anyone to do anything. What I said was, I would need pictures to finish the game.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby polyedit2000 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:21 pm

ImaDeleteThisAcc wrote:Well as I said, I didn't spend much time on making this. I spent about 30 minutes making just the maps, 10 minutes finding and customizing the Window skins, 20 minutes on dialog, 30 minutes on events, and about 5 minutes looking for facesets. So only about 1.5 hours making this. Also, due to recent events, I will most likely be changing the story quite drastically. I think I've decided to make it a monster girl based game, meaning there wont be a story revolved around a giantess (which is what I intended).

Yeah, expect content to change the more you work on it. Prototype levels become final levels, fancy train battle becomes cutscenes, and for me, I ended up with a new race and a boss into ally.

Anyway...huh, your first post says you got some motivation, so grats. Turning the giantess angle into monster girls...obviously at this point, I don't know what to expect, so good luck.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby J3DGTS » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:29 am

polyedit2000 wrote:
ImaDeleteThisAcc wrote:Well as I said, I didn't spend much time on making this. I spent about 30 minutes making just the maps, 10 minutes finding and customizing the Window skins, 20 minutes on dialog, 30 minutes on events, and about 5 minutes looking for facesets. So only about 1.5 hours making this. Also, due to recent events, I will most likely be changing the story quite drastically. I think I've decided to make it a monster girl based game, meaning there wont be a story revolved around a giantess (which is what I intended).

Yeah, expect content to change the more you work on it. Prototype levels become final levels, fancy train battle becomes cutscenes, and for me, I ended up with a new race and a boss into ally.

Anyway...huh, your first post says you got some motivation, so grats. Turning the giantess angle into monster girls...obviously at this point, I don't know what to expect, so good luck.

Lol, yeah. Well im almost done the first character you meet + a quest + vore part all at once. However, the vore part im working on isn't about the player. It's an NPC naga eating another npc. If you don't quite understand, I should have it ready within 2 hours, maybe less.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Re: So I made this game (updated)

Postby J3DGTS » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:30 am

Hello guys, so while updating the game, I ran into a problem
Attachments
help.png
Anyone know how to fix the bridge? Notice how it cuts off the mountain.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 am

I can't play this game. It doesn't work on either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.

IE just goes to a black Screen, and Google Chrome goes to a mostly black screne where it tells me the browser can't read local files.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby J3DGTS » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:44 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:I can't play this game. It doesn't work on either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.

IE just goes to a black Screen, and Google Chrome goes to a mostly black screne where it tells me the browser can't read local files.

You're not meant to play it in the browser. You download it, then use RTP to play it.
J3DGTS
Somewhat familiar

Postby JustAQuinn » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:08 pm

ImaDeleteThisAcc wrote:
The_Prof wrote:

If you read what I said, I said I'm not asking anyone to do anything. What I said was, I would need pictures to finish the game.

And I said you don't need images. Perhaps I assumed too much because I read you saying you needed images and being too lazy to find them, so I thought you were begging. If you aren't asking for help, then why even mention you're lazy acquiring resources you deem critical to your affairs?

The people around here would take anything half decent and be happy. So focus on making your game half decent and you might just open some doors for people who can find the art for you, or find art you can use you'd like, or would work with you.

And if I could get your word on the question of whether or not you disagree with my statement that that many features could be overtaxing to develop?

As for your game:

This is highly subjective, but your sense of satire...doesn't work for me.

MAP004 is like twice as large as it needs to be. Chop that backyard grass if it's not being used. I'm specifically talking about tiles (000,000) to (039, 018).

I understand that this is the first version to feature this sidequest, but the mark of a good sidequest is player control and strong choices. I should feel like I mattered and/or feel like I'm not a puppet on strings forced into one or two specific options with no clear reason why. Before you get in a tizzy, I'm not saying you did that.

On the intro map you have some unnecessary events. "I should go outside" can appear near fences.
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game