*MUGEN General/Master thread* (1-03-2017)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: *MUGEN General/Master thread* (1-03-2017)

Postby disguy » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:13 am

Politoed got released a little while back for those of you interested -- there was also a preview of it posted before as well!

Go grab the hungry frog from Noahshime's release video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4AkDw7c9Jw
◕‿◕ bup
disguy
Somewhat familiar

Postby wortwort » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:09 am

Anyone happen to have that ferir vore edit as I've been trying to find all edits released so far for mugen regarding vore characters and haven't been able to find the download for as it has long since been terminated from further downloads
wortwort
New to the forum

Postby AmarthTheRiolu » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:28 pm

wortwort wrote:Anyone happen to have that ferir vore edit as I've been trying to find all edits released so far for mugen regarding vore characters and haven't been able to find the download for as it has long since been terminated from further downloads

The owner doesn't want it public anymore. Sorry.
Got my Discord username after all, so false alarm!
AmarthTheRiolu
Somewhat familiar

Postby wortwort » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:24 pm

Oh well that's a shame, I understand there was a whole debacle regarding mugen vore edits and ending up on Mugen Archive which wasn't good but, I dunno, the way that I see it especially with Dlyanius was that he just lost it and I'm sad too see him gone. Anyways, all I can say is that if we had some type of system ensuring that it wasn't leaked onto that horrid website, we might still have that active community that we once had in 2018.
wortwort
New to the forum

Postby spec69 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:26 pm

any idea how to finish the rest of the mane 6 and make them into vore versions? i think twilight rainbowdash and fluttershy need vore versions
spec69
New to the forum

Postby George777 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:14 pm

Alright, we've got a new vore fighter on the market. Here's Scyther!

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/40711058/

Scyther here has a lot of new ideas and coding put into him, which I believe are pretty new as far as MUGEN vore edits go. You can see the full depth of details on FA, but the main draw here is that I was able to make it so both players are able to control different aspects of Scyther during his vore hold. The player controls Scyther's main body for further movement attacks, and the opponent is still able to struggle and cause the belly to animate independently of Scyther's actions. It lends itself to some really fluid animation quality that will be quite a draw for any MUGEN vore fan.

I'm also hoping that it may help inspire others to help get their creations off the ground. Here's hoping for a renaissance!
George777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Navien » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:06 pm

This is just a minor thing, but i'm currently working on making an endo version of a vore character, and the only thing left is that on some moves there is a long pause between K.O. ing the opponent and getting the "win" screen before moving to the next round. anyone here know what might be the problem?
HEY!
Navien
Somewhat familiar

Postby WanderingShade » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:11 pm

Navien wrote:This is just a minor thing, but i'm currently working on making an endo version of a vore character, and the only thing left is that on some moves there is a long pause between K.O. ing the opponent and getting the "win" screen before moving to the next round. anyone here know what might be the problem?

Which character are you making an endo edit of, exactly? Just curious.

But, uh, about that...make sure the character has ctrl set to 1 sometime after roundstate = 3 is triggered. Don't set it too early though, or the player might be able to walk/crouch/jump out of the state. Make sure that it only happens for one tick (or that persistent is set to 0) as well, otherwise the same thing will happen when they transition into their winpose state.
WanderingShade
New to the forum

Postby zoidburg05 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:30 pm

https://youtu.be/2sx5vmOs6aU

Guy has a couple of vore edits. Hope this helps bring back a few people like the other guy said....
Where are the others?.......
zoidburg05
Somewhat familiar

Postby WanderingShade » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:35 pm

...a Marisa edit?

Aaand it seems to be micro vore. That or hammerspace noms.

...no, wait, it said it was a hammerspace nom since big bellies were "overdone". Frankly, I have to disagree.
WanderingShade
New to the forum

Postby zoidburg05 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:41 pm

WanderingShade wrote:...a Marisa edit?

Aaand it seems to be micro vore. That or hammerspace noms.

...no, wait, it said it was a hammerspace nom since big bellies were "overdone". Frankly, I have to disagree.

You think that there is an abundance of them?
Where are the others?.......
zoidburg05
Somewhat familiar

Postby Navien » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:44 pm

WanderingShade, I'm currently Editing Smilys character Tabitha. Just a simple rearangement of sprites where she holds her enimies in her instead of digesting them. It's kinda crude cause i'm mostly just making cut sprite animations in FF and then changeing the preexisting states without really much understanding of how they work(thus it won't work well verses more than one foe), but somehow i got it all about 90% done. Only the light unbirth endo is still having the pause problem dispite the ctrl and persistant thing, other that that with a little bit of polish it'd be about a ready Endo tabitha.
HEY!
Navien
Somewhat familiar

Postby WanderingShade » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:00 am

Navien wrote:WanderingShade, I'm currently Editing Smilys character Tabitha. Just a simple rearangement of sprites where she holds her enimies in her instead of digesting them. It's kinda crude cause i'm mostly just making cut sprite animations in FF and then changeing the preexisting states without really much understanding of how they work(thus it won't work well verses more than one foe), but somehow i got it all about 90% done. Only the light unbirth endo is still having the pause problem dispite the ctrl and persistant thing, other that that with a little bit of polish it'd be about a ready Endo tabitha.

Oh, I see. Well, that's fine. That reminds me, is Smily around nowadays?

Huh. My guess is you don't have a sprite editing software? I personally use paint.NET for everything I do, but hey.
WanderingShade
New to the forum

Postby DollyFailFail » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:11 am

WanderingShade wrote:Oh, I see. Well, that's fine. That reminds me, is Smily around nowadays?

You can catch them on their Discord every now and then. Mostly they're just slowly plucking away at their games
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby George777 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:21 am

Navien wrote:This is just a minor thing, but i'm currently working on making an endo version of a vore character, and the only thing left is that on some moves there is a long pause between K.O. ing the opponent and getting the "win" screen before moving to the next round. anyone here know what might be the problem?

So I ran into this issue when setting up 'customized win poses' for Scyther too. I think there are ways to get around this, but apparently, the character needs to pass through State 0 in order for the game to realize "oh crud the match is over I need to declare the winner."

So what I did was, in whatever state you call 'digestion' or 'endo finish,' I made it so that state set an unused variable to 1, and then told that state to go to State 0 when its animation 'finished' (animtime = 0). In State 0, I set a 'changeanim' to display the digestion/endo animation if the variable is 1. You also need to set this same trigger in State 8XX (I don't exactly remember the number), which is the state that handles win poses.

Hope this helps!
George777
Somewhat familiar

Postby Navien » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:58 am

George777 wrote:

So I ran into this issue when setting up 'customized win poses' for Scyther too. I think there are ways to get around this, but apparently, the character needs to pass through State 0 in order for the game to realize "oh crud the match is over I need to declare the winner."

So what I did was, in whatever state you call 'digestion' or 'endo finish,' I made it so that state set an unused variable to 1, and then told that state to go to State 0 when its animation 'finished' (animtime = 0). In State 0, I set a 'changeanim' to display the digestion/endo animation if the variable is 1. You also need to set this same trigger in State 8XX (I don't exactly remember the number), which is the state that handles win poses.

Hope this helps!

This was an issue with trying to figure out how to set vthr right victory poses, but i managed to figure that out. The problem as as discribed ctrl 1 and another was that the state was coded funny where it did something on spesific frames of the animation, which i had to change cause the previous one was longer then the one i put in

Anyway, The Character is ready! Tabitha has decided that she wants to feel some people squirm rather then squished! All digest animations are replaced with continuous struggling animation.

I tweeked a few values and i also kept in a few debug things just because i just liked them.
Spesificly you can use vore moves without having power, i did this by editing the CMD so its easy to change, i just decided to keep it in
Also sorry if its buggy and or simple, i'm not experianced with editing mugen char other then editing power cost and animation length
(don't forget to remove the dorTabitha folder from the folder when you decompress it so that mugen can read it)
Attachments
dorTabithav_EndoEdit.zip
(370.5 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
HEY!
Navien
Somewhat familiar

Postby WanderingShade » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:41 am

George777 wrote:So I ran into this issue when setting up 'customized win poses' for Scyther too. I think there are ways to get around this, but apparently, the character needs to pass through State 0 in order for the game to realize "oh crud the match is over I need to declare the winner."

Hope this helps!

It only checks if the character's movetype is set to I and ctrl is set to 1, not if they're specifically in state 0. I mentioned this in an earlier post.

Navien wrote:This was an issue with trying to figure out how to set vthr right victory poses, but i managed to figure that out. The problem as as discribed ctrl 1 and another was that the state was coded funny where it did something on spesific frames of the animation, which i had to change cause the previous one was longer then the one i put in

Anyway, The Character is ready! Tabitha has decided that she wants to feel some people squirm rather then squished! All digest animations are replaced with continuous struggling animation.

I tweeked a few values and i also kept in a few debug things just because i just liked them.
Spesificly you can use vore moves without having power, i did this by editing the CMD so its easy to change, i just decided to keep it in
Also sorry if its buggy and or simple, i'm not experianced with editing mugen char other then editing power cost and animation length
(don't forget to remove the dorTabitha folder from the folder when you decompress it so that mugen can read it)

Isn't removing the meter cost going to make it kinda broken though? If I recall, vore grabs usually do a ton of damage, so being able to do them whenever you want seems kinda unfair. I mean, I know most vore editors aren't really in it to make balanced characters, but still.
WanderingShade
New to the forum

Postby George777 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:45 am

WanderingShade wrote:It only checks if the character's movetype is set to I and ctrl is set to 1, not if they're specifically in state 0. I mentioned this in an earlier post.

This is actually really, really helpful to know. Thanks for the intel!

WanderingShade wrote:Isn't removing the meter cost going to make it kinda broken though? If I recall, vore grabs usually do a ton of damage, so being able to do them whenever you want seems kinda unfair. I mean, I know most vore editors aren't really in it to make balanced characters, but still.

Also, I do just want to comment on this; when I make vore fighters, I generally don't include a power cost for vore grabs either, because I want the player to enjoy being able to use them whenever they want, but I do care about balance, being an avid fighting game player myself. I usually balance them out by making them have really bad range and framedata. Using my latest release - Scyther - as an example, his vore attempt has 20F startup, 5F active, and 55F cooldown, plus it's counted as a normal throw, meaning the opponent must be grounded for it to work, too. It's still overpowered in that it chunks about a third of your health off given optimal mashing, but it at least has some level of tradeoff to it.
George777
Somewhat familiar

Postby WanderingShade » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:15 am

George777 wrote:Also, I do just want to comment on this; when I make vore fighters, I generally don't include a power cost for vore grabs either, because I want the player to enjoy being able to use them whenever they want, but I do care about balance, being an avid fighting game player myself. I usually balance them out by making them have really bad range and framedata. Using my latest release - Scyther - as an example, his vore attempt has 20F startup, 5F active, and 55F cooldown, plus it's counted as a normal throw, meaning the opponent must be grounded for it to work, too. It's still overpowered in that it chunks about a third of your health off given optimal mashing, but it at least has some level of tradeoff to it.

Wouldn't that just make it useless in a real match, though? Since the opponent (or in this case, a good A.I) probably won't be willing to stand there for almost half a second, they can just jump over it before the active frames even come out, and I assume that since it operates like a normal grab it can't hit foes in hitstun, meaning you can't combo into it either. I know some games let you combo into throws but those are usually exceptions to the rule, or have it so that you can break out of even command throws if they're comboed into.

I mean sure, even if I'm not a fan of the long startup I still appreciate the long recovery time at least, since command throws are supposed to be unsafe on whiff and all. But yeah, I'm still of the mind that it should come with a meter cost rather than having a long startup to handicap it. You're supposed to earn that delicious reward and all that.
WanderingShade
New to the forum

Postby George777 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:04 pm

WanderingShade wrote:

Well, this is more getting into fighting game theory, but there are still ways to get slower moves to make contact, even against AI opponents. 20F startup may seem kind of slow, but that's actually around the average startup window of overheads in more traditional fighters, and people are definitely more than capable of hitting those.

The two best ways I've known to be able to hit 'slow move designed to interfere with your attempts at blocking' is either by throwing it in the middle of a heavy blockstring, or using it after you've knocked your opponent down. You use it in in situations where the opponent would be in danger of getting hit if you had just continued to press normal buttons instead.

"Eat this low or I will eat you" :gulp:
George777
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game