Vore Street (Complete)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore Street (work in progress)

Postby truck » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:50 pm

I love the game so far. I just wish it wasn't so early in the development but I know all games have to start from nothing and grow. maybe add a few more interactions with the panties. like teasing him with them.
truck
Participator

Postby The_Prof » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:16 pm

seems like an interesting game. Thankfully I enjoy the observer perspective as much as first person, so this works for me. Though it would be interesting to see some "bad" ends to the game provoked by the player proving themselves too dumb to live in the first place. Doing things like flagarantly disobeying house rules, agreeing to a game of poker against a cheetah (because puns) or responding "yes" when a girl asks if her outfit makes her look fat.
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby Jeschke » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:14 am

If you want, I could show you my cheap/don't-know-how-efficient-it-is way to have different dialogue options or whatnot? I'm not a super great quest programmer either but have figured some things out. But if you're just putting it together it might be better just to keep it simple for now. Either way, looks like a good start, for sure.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby juicefox » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:45 am

Rachel Babe wrote:Ren'Py is pretty good for making games like this

That program seems to be more for visual novels. I don't really have the time to make graphics for this game.

The_Prof wrote:seems like an interesting game. Thankfully I enjoy the observer perspective as much as first person, so this works for me. Though it would be interesting to see some "bad" ends to the game provoked by the player proving themselves too dumb to live in the first place. Doing things like flagarantly disobeying house rules, agreeing to a game of poker against a cheetah (because puns) or responding "yes" when a girl asks if her outfit makes her look fat.

This is my first game, so I don't want to do anything too complicated. Plus, I'm reluctant to put bad ends for the reasons stated in my last comment.

Jeschke wrote:If you want, I could show you my cheap/don't-know-how-efficient-it-is way to have different dialogue options or whatnot? I'm not a super great quest programmer either but have figured some things out. But if you're just putting it together it might be better just to keep it simple for now. Either way, looks like a good start, for sure.

YES! Please tell me! That would be SO useful. Even if I don't implement it in this game, I might want to use it in a future game.
juicefox
Participator

Postby Jeschke » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:27 pm

Gonna throw this in a spoiler just cause it's a large whack of text out of nowhere!

Spoiler: show
Okay, found the code, here's how it goes, anything all in caps is something you'd put in a blank spot:

So if you're doing like I do with the button you click to add more code, you start by doing "Set a variable or attribute", then set it like

> Set variable NAME = new string list

That makes NAME into a string list (and as far as I know, no, you don't have to define NAME anywhere else or anything like that), then you do "Add a value to a list" for however many options you want, so it'd look like this:

> Add to list NAME [EditorScriptsVariablesvalue] expression OPTION1
> Add to list NAME [EditorScriptsVariablesvalue] expression OPTION2

Then once you're done those, you select "Show a menu". The first blank, the caption, that's what'll be right before the choices, so I'll do "Look at..." or "You say..." and then it'll list the rest. Then after that, you want the menu to use options from list/dictionary NAME, whatever the name was you were using. Then as far as allowing the player to ignore the menu, that's up to you? I said no, in my case, just to keep the context from getting screwed up or something, but that's up to you. Then for the script, it's just one big "If > then" chain. You'll want to do "if expression result = "OPTION1" then" type stuff, like, the variable "result" will be whatever the person chose, so it'll look like this:

> Show menu with caption text TEXT
> > Options from list/dictionary NAME
> > Allow player to ignore the menu: yes/no, up to you
> > After choosing, run script:
> > If expression result = "OPTION1"
> > > Then:
> > > Whatever code for option 1, most likely a response to what you said
> > Else if expression result = "OPTION 2"
> > > Then:
> > > Whatever code for option 2, a response to the other thing you said

Make sense? I'm a little out of sorts at the moment, haha, but to put it shortly you make a new variable NAME a new string list, then you add the choices onto the list, then you make a menu which uses that list as choices, then you do different stuff based on that list (Set a variable or attribute, Add a value to a list (once per choice), Show a menu, If... where result = "choice"). And you can do that for any new conversation thing that comes up. I think there's some way to take items off of the string list or something? But I've found it easiest to just wipe the string list completely every time a new set of choices comes up, both because it works and also it's easy. So hopefully that helps!
Jeschke
Participator

Re: Vore Street (NEW DEMO)

Postby juicefox » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:55 pm

I just released a new demo. Please check it out.

@Jeschke
I decided against using dialogue trees. But thanks for the help anyway.
juicefox
Participator

Postby ShadowedFigure » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:03 pm

in the new demo, I can wander the neighborhood, but I can't interact with any of the houses aside from the joneses, who are visible from the street. It seems the doors of the houses are not marked as visible?
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Postby juicefox » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:44 pm

ShadowedFigure wrote:in the new demo, I can wander the neighborhood, but I can't interact with any of the houses aside from the joneses, who are visible from the street. It seems the doors of the houses are not marked as visible?

It's a demo. I made the doors invisible because the content behind them is not yet complete.
juicefox
Participator

Postby The_Prof » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:58 am

ShadowedFigure wrote:in the new demo, I can wander the neighborhood, but I can't interact with any of the houses aside from the joneses, who are visible from the street. It seems the doors of the houses are not marked as visible?

Well maybe it's just a really progressive town and is very welcoming to spectral-americans
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby ShadowedFigure » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:13 pm

juicefox wrote:

It's a demo. I made the doors invisible because the content behind them is not yet complete.

Ah, I'll just wait for the next release, then :D
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore Street (80% done)

Postby juicefox » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:23 am

The game is now 80% complete.

END POINT: Once you are able to pick up the ladder, you have come as far as you can go in this version of the game. Toby's room is inaccessible.

IN DEVELOPMENT: I will now work on making Toby's room and the Epilogue.

PLEASE TELL ME if you find any bad writing, bad formatting, or immersion-breaking inconsistencies.
juicefox
Participator

Postby OriAndTheForest » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:18 am

The game is good so far!
Cant wait to see more XD~
~\(≧▽≦)/~ OwO ~.~ ( •̀∀•́ ) ^=_=^
OriAndTheForest
New to the forum

Postby Noctivagus » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:47 am

Have to say, I really like the touch with the talk show. Almost a shame there isn't more there. Hey, Juice, planning on doing anything with that, or can I nab that idea to play with?
Noctivagus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby juicefox » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:20 am

Noctivagus wrote:Have to say, I really like the touch with the talk show. Almost a shame there isn't more there. Hey, Juice, planning on doing anything with that, or can I nab that idea to play with?

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. The reason why I kept the text brief was that I wanted players to be active and explore, not waste time watching TV. And I'm glad that my game has inspired you. Really, I was hoping to excite peoples imagination with this game, and it feels really good to know that I have. So feel free to expand on any idea you wish. Just make sure to give me credit.
juicefox
Participator

Postby truck » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:35 am

I love this game so far. I cant wait to see into toby's room and see the rest of the game.
truck
Participator

Postby equino » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:54 pm

great update! haven't seen the m/m content yet. Also can you interact (be eaten, eat, naughtiness etc) with any of the current characters? Also I assume the Jelly's not in the game yet?
equino
Somewhat familiar

Postby truck » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:10 pm

equino wrote:great update! haven't seen the m/m content yet. Also can you interact (be eaten, eat, naughtiness etc) with any of the current characters? Also I assume the Jelly's not in the game yet?

with what I played so far. it is and isn't. you know where it is but you cant get it yet as the game stops at the part you are about to see the person who knows where its at.
truck
Participator

Postby juicefox » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:54 pm

equino wrote:great update! haven't seen the m/m content yet. Also can you interact (be eaten, eat, naughtiness etc) with any of the current characters? Also I assume the Jelly's not in the game yet?

Thanks. And sorry to disappoint you, but there is only one very small bit of m/m vore. I'll tell you where it is in the spoiler below:
Spoiler: show
watch the Thompsons' TV 3 times

As for interactions, you can't do any of that. I know that some people would prefer to directly engage with the vore, but I really like the idea of completing a mundane task while all this vore is casually happening around you. And yes, as Truck says, you can't get the Jelly yet. The person who knows where it is isn't in this version of the game.
juicefox
Participator

Postby Garz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:24 pm

This game is actually quite fun! :)

It took awhile for me to figure out what needed to be done, but it was understandable enough.

The focus on 'exploring around and just seeing the entertaining world around you' was very cool, and not what I was expecting at all! Like... most of the schticks aren't things that are in my preferences (I'm very strictly a M/M guy), but it was still great to just walk around and see all the casual vore going on all over the place. Especially juxtaposed with your brother's much more 'normal' "Why won't someone help me?!", haha.

I also love the lots of little details - the series of unique reactions to your offering people various items are great. I know /I/ tried to shove Matt at everyone to see what would happen ;) I also liked details like Matt not going into the rabbit family's house, for reasons that are quite reasonable and also further encouraged by the rabbit family just within. It's really the little details like that that make it most enjoyable.

Very fun game, and I look forward to it being completed. :) Just letting you know that even people for whom the game isn't their preference can still get enjoyment out of it. ;)
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby juicefox » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:10 am

Garz wrote:It took awhile for me to figure out what needed to be done, but it was understandable enough.

I'm actually really surprised to hear you say that. In fact, I was worried that I had made things too obvious.

Garz wrote:The focus on 'exploring around and just seeing the entertaining world around you' was very cool, and not what I was expecting at all! Like... most of the schticks aren't things that are in my preferences (I'm very strictly a M/M guy), but it was still great to just walk around and see all the casual vore going on all over the place. Especially juxtaposed with your brother's much more 'normal' "Why won't someone help me?!", haha.

I'm so happy to hear you say that. I was worried that everyone would be disappointed because I don't let the player become directly involved in the vore. It's so good to hear that you appreciate a more indirect approach. And I'm glad to know that someone enjoys my dark sense of humor.

Garz wrote:I also love the lots of little details - the series of unique reactions to your offering people various items are great. I know /I/ tried to shove Matt at everyone to see what would happen ;). I also liked details like Matt not going into the rabbit family's house, for reasons that are quite reasonable and also further encouraged by the rabbit family just within. It's really the little details like that that make it most enjoyable.

That's gratifying to hear. It's really frustrating to design details that most people probably won't notice or even find. So it's nice to know that the effort isn't wasted.

Anyway, thanks for the comment. Now I kinda wish that I had designed more m/m content for you guys, but it's too late in development now. But I'm glad that you're enjoying it anyway.
juicefox
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game