Vore Street (Complete)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore Street (80% done)

Postby truck » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:42 pm

truck wrote:got anything new you can show us?

I'm working on it. I hope to get a complete version of the game up by the end of the month, but I can't make any promises.[/quote]

yay. I cant wait. this game is very small compared to others I have played but it is a very good game.
truck
Participator

Re: Vore Street (Complete)

Postby juicefox » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:27 am

Okay. I think the game is done now. But I haven't tested it thoroughly, so I expect there to be some errors. This was a lot of work, so I hope you guys enjoy it.

PLEASE TELL ME if you find any bad writing, bad formatting, or immersion-breaking inconsistencies.
juicefox
Participator

Postby Big_D » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:44 am

ok I think I'm dumb or something cause I still haven't figured how to use the ladder
Darkness entwines a foolish young heart but the brave will always ring true.......yeah right ;p
Patreon account https:https://www.patreon.com/Yubel
Big_D
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ecufan360 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:52 am

i can get matt to help me
ecufan360
Been posting for a bit

Postby juicefox » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:03 am

Big_D wrote:ok I think I'm dumb or something cause I still haven't figured how to use the ladder

Spoiler: show
Did you try opening Toby's bedroom door?
juicefox
Participator

Postby AngelofHell64 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:53 pm

No matter what I do it seems I can't get Matt or anyone to help me with the ladder
AngelofHell64
Participator

Postby LoveBeingPrey » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Played though it and really enjoyed it. :3 I like the observer aspect of it. I look forward to what you will do in the future.
LoveBeingPrey
Participator

Postby thelionfour1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:05 pm

No matter what I do it seems I can't get anyone to help me with the ladder
thelionfour1
New to the forum

Postby dagar » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:45 pm

Finally beat it. If you're stuck on the ladder part, I suggest looking around for items. You've gotta sorta "trade your way" to get what you need.

That being said, I would love to see more content in this world. It's an absolute jewel of a setting, and your style on it just adds so much character to it.
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ImperialTrom » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:17 pm

can we have a list of command for people like me ( not english ) or some tips were use them tnx :)
ImperialTrom
Been posting for a bit

Postby truck » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:03 pm

trom wrote:can we have a list of command for people like me ( not english ) or some tips were use them tnx :)

if you want a list of commands for in the game, type "help" in the game.
truck
Participator

Postby juicefox » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:26 pm

trom wrote:can we have a list of command for people like me ( not english ) or some tips were use them tnx :)

The only commands you will need to type into the command bar are:

"give ITEM to PERSON"

and

"use ITEM on OBJECT"

Just make sure that your wording and spelling are correct.
juicefox
Participator

Postby juicefox » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Now that the game is complete, can people actually tell me what they think of it (what they like, what they didn't like, etc). I put a lot of work into this game, so I really need feedback, but the response has been very small. Is this just not the kind of game that people are interested in? I made a game that I, personally, would be interested in, but maybe my tastes differ from the majority of players. I don't know.
juicefox
Participator

Postby Monopolus » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:27 pm

juicefox wrote:Now that the game is complete, can people actually tell me what they think of it (what they like, what they didn't like, etc). I put a lot of work into this game, so I really need feedback, but the response has been very small. Is this just not the kind of game that people are interested in? I made a game that I, personally, would be interested in, but maybe my tastes differ from the majority of players. I don't know.

Well, considering my own personal preferences, it wasn't a FANTASTIC game in my eyes, but a good text adventure that definitely had some depth to it. You can tell that the predator-prey relationship is very commonplace in the world, and vore isn't taboo at all.

After playing it through (or what I think is 'through' as in the Feast was over and everyone went home), the only awkward part I ran into
was waiting for the Feast to start once everyone was there; either I didn't see a 'Skip time' option, or didn't realize at first that I had to Speak To everyone.

All in all, it was a good game, especially considering that it's finished. Quite a few vore games are left on the backburner, so it's refreshing to see one, even a text adventure, completed. You did well!
Monopolus
???

Postby juicefox » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:47 pm

Monopolus wrote:After playing it through (or what I think is 'through' as in the Feast was over and everyone went home), the only awkward part I ran into
was waiting for the Feast to start once everyone was there; either I didn't see a 'Skip time' option, or didn't realize at first that I had to Speak To everyone.

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell me this, Monopolus. This is very, very useful feedback. I didn't realize that these things weren't clear. Before the feast, you actually have to talk to the Thompsons before the game progresses. And, after the feast, the game doesn't end until you go to bed. Now that I think about it, I can really see why people might not figure out what to do after the feast, so this is very useful information. Thanks!
juicefox
Participator

Postby truck » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:44 pm

I liked the game overall, the one thing I didn't like was that you couldn't go into the jone's house, even if there was nothing there. maybe find a secret item you wouldn't find anywhere else, even if its completely useless to complete the game. another thing I didn't like is something of my own fault. I kept screwing up on how you give X object to X person. once I figured that out, I completed the game no problem.
truck
Participator

Postby juicefox » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:28 am

truck wrote:I liked the game overall, the one thing I didn't like was that you couldn't go into the jone's house, even if there was nothing there. maybe find a secret item you wouldn't find anywhere else, even if its completely useless to complete the game. another thing I didn't like is something of my own fault. I kept screwing up on how you give X object to X person. once I figured that out, I completed the game no problem.

Thanks for the feedback, Truck. Unfortunately, the reason I didn't create an interior for the Joneses is because making games is a LOT more work than I had anticipated. In fact, in my earliest designs I had two additional houses, and multiple endings. But I was forced to reduce the scope, otherwise I probably would have become overwhelmed and given up.

As for the command wording thing, you're absolutely right that it is a problem. In fact, while I tested the game, I made the same mistake multiple times (ie. I wrote: "give person object" instead of "give object to person"). Unfortunately, this is just a quirk of the game engine; something that I can't really do anything about. If it were up to me, I would eliminate the command line entirely, but that isn't possible for the game I wanted to make.

So, yeah. There wasn't much I could have done about those two problems, but I really appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
juicefox
Participator

Postby Cancer » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:57 am

juicefox wrote:Now that the game is complete, can people actually tell me what they think of it (what they like, what they didn't like, etc). I put a lot of work into this game, so I really need feedback, but the response has been very small. Is this just not the kind of game that people are interested in? I made a game that I, personally, would be interested in, but maybe my tastes differ from the majority of players. I don't know.

I liked the game overall, but there are a few things that were a little underwhelming in my opinion. For one thing, I felt the ending paragraph was too brief and didn't allow us to see the impact of Michael's fate on each individual family member and their opinions about it. I know they spoke about their point of views on him being eaten, but I mean in regards to the scat part in particular and the ending paragraph.

I also felt the story didn't give a lot of insight into other people's storylines during the night portion of the story. It would have been nice to have some more digestion and scat throughout the night or even another early morning portion of the game including those things.

But it was a good game and story overall, and I definitely enjoyed it. Congrats.
Cancer
Been posting for a bit

Postby Skittles209 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:15 am

Wonderful first attempt at creating a text based game. For those not used to text oriented games. I suggest trying Valente and Nuku's "Flexible Survival". It introduces all the tropes within text based games so games like this are not so confusing. But that is just my opinion. Jeschke's text games and several others on this site also have instructions in them for beginners.

Speaking from the perspective of someone who is used to playing text based games. I found the game enjoyable and easy. Everything was simple and there were enough clues.

Speaking from the perspective of someone who is not used to text based games, or never played one till now. There are a lack of clues. Either due to language barrier or no "How to play" instructions.

In conclusion, everything runs well and have not run into any bugs. To be fair, I sped read everything for what to do. Spamming the talking options for characters give a rather significant clue. I applaud you.
Skittles209
Participator

Postby Alesleo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:22 am

I enjoyed the game and, while not long, it's well structured and gives you a good feel of the way this distopic world works. In fact these vibes are probably what I like the most. Pretty impressive for a first attempt.

I'd prefer a game that focuses more on the main character, in which you are the center of the action, however it was a pretty unique experience. I don't remember playing another text game that focuses on the point of view of a spectator this much. Still you really should keep doing what you enjoy. The quality of the content will always be higher this way.

Having played other text games, it wasn't too hard. Got nearly stuck once toward the beginning when
you had to give the panties back to Mrs Thompson.

The rest was pretty smooth.
Alesleo
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game