Problem with krishna3ca's vgame and hiccups mod

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Problem with krishna3ca's vgame and hiccups mod

Postby Ravana » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:07 am

Okay, I didn't find any solution through the search so I think I'll try it this way. After years I reinstalled krishna3ca's vgame on Win 10 and so far I could get it to run without any problems. Now I wanted to install the vmod of hiccup and I followed every step from the readme (replaced all the folder in the "Production" directory) but when I start the game there is no new content. I know from previous games that in the starting area there are already some npcs that offer more dialogue options than in the original (like the vendor who sells food that you can try to pickpock).

First I thought it could have something to do that I have Chapter 6-7 installed and tried it with another version of the game, only chapter 1-5 including. But there is still no new content. What am I doing wrong? I really hope someone can help me because I wanted to enjoy the game again with the vmod. Thanks ina dvance and sorry for the bad English grammar
My Album on Eka's Portal: Here and deviantArt
Ravana
Participator

Re: Problem with krishna3ca's vgame and hiccups mod

Postby Midir » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:38 am

Which mod is that? I am curious to try but I am not sure where to find it...
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby killerwolf6 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:02 pm

The problem is with JAVA, if you want to play Hiccup's mod your going to have to reinstall an earlier version of it.
coffee coffee COFFEE!!!
killerwolf6
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ravana » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:46 pm

killerwolf6 wrote:The problem is with JAVA, if you want to play Hiccup's mod your going to have to reinstall an earlier version of it.

Which one exactly? Right now I have 1.70 running.

@Midir: You can find it in the download section of ekas. It expands the game and you get a lot more dialogue options from almost every npc in the first few cities
Ravana
Participator

Postby RediQ » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Ravana wrote:
killerwolf6 wrote:The problem is with JAVA, if you want to play Hiccup's mod your going to have to reinstall an earlier version of it.

I don't know what the deal is with Java's version numbering, but on this computer I have "Java 6 Update 20", or version 6.0.200, and hiccup's mod works for me. I'm pretty sure the main reason I even have it installed in the first place was to play krishna3ca's game and the mod.
RediQ
Participator

Postby hernextmeal » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:15 pm

RedmanQ wrote:
Ravana wrote:

I don't know what the deal is with Java's version numbering, but on this computer I have "Java 6 Update 20", or version 6.0.200, and hiccup's mod works for me. I'm pretty sure the main reason I even have it installed in the first place was to play krishna3ca's game and the mod.

Java 6 is actually Java 1.6, they dropped the leading version number because it sounds wrong to have a 20 year old framework still on version 1.
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:27 pm

You didn't mention if you were or not, but if you are running the latest version of my mod, hiccup's mod will not work with it due to changes I made to the game's data file format. There's an old version in my forum thread which still uses the old data format, but you'll have use a 32 bit version of java prior to 1.8 in order for it to work. More detailed information on how to do that should be around.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ravana » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:02 am

Seifens wrote:You didn't mention if you were or not, but if you are running the latest version of my mod, hiccup's mod will not work with it due to changes I made to the game's data file format. There's an old version in my forum thread which still uses the old data format, but you'll have use a 32 bit version of java prior to 1.8 in order for it to work. More detailed information on how to do that should be around.

That's probably the point. Using your mod, indeed. And since I have an 64bit OS it seems like I have to tinker around a little. Thanks for the info
Ravana
Participator

Postby Midir » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:43 am

what is hiccups mod? I couldn't find it in search...
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:06 am

It's an old content mod that added some new npcs, interactions, and areas to the chapter 5 version of the game. Chapters 6 and 7 broke it and to my knowledge it was never updated afterwards which was kind of a shame since the stuff it added was pretty good.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Midir » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:26 pm

Thanks!
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game