An apoligy and explanation

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

An apoligy and explanation

Postby SpencerDragon » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:11 am

First off, while I'm not very active here, I feel I owe an apoligy for people who are expecting a finished product in the field of games from me about now. However, I doubt I'll be able to anytime soon...

The problems are many, including lack of help (got plenty of suggestions and ideas, not enough actual labor, if it could be called that, on the subject matter), and a lack of a coder (I had some offers but could never contact many, and those I did are either always too busy or not as interested in it as I was). But now I've got a problem that pretty much seals the fate for my game progress...unknown to the cause of it, my laptops motherboard suddenly fried...my computer is rather totalled. I'm currently using my brother's computer to do my online whereabouts.

I do have most of my stuff back-uped, but I have no money to replace my compy, and no job currently because I'm quite the failure at real-life. I had made a similar journal on FurAffinity, which also explains I'm in an art/drawing rut, due to my right paw injury. So I'm about as useless as it gets currently...

To avoid raising and eventually destroying more hopes for a good game to come out soon from me, I locked the other suggestion forums for the moment until I'm back in business. However that may be some long time considering the damage. I also ask that no one give me personal messages asking about the games: you'll just remind me about my misfortune and get me more mad then I am as is.

The best I can offer is to go back to the downloads page and enjoy the demo I did release...it's all I can do in my current state.

Again...I'm sorry to everyone who'd hoped for a game. I'm probably gonna lurk until I'm useful again (be it having my own working computer again, or getting the money to afford surgery and fix my broken drawing paw...both of which are slim happenings.)
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Re: An apoligy and explanation

Postby Umiriko » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:20 am

awww spencer its ok my friend
* hugs tight and feeds many yummy foxies in pop-tart suits with healing powers*
you were doing this game out of the goodness of your heart and belly, beacuse you wanted to, there is no need to rush things or do it for others, so you do it when, and if you want to, and theres no point pushingyourself when ill and so what.
though me does ask you get either msn or yim and tell me the addy, as i miss not being able to speak to ya bud
hope you feel better soon and all goes well my podgy friend * hugs*
I now stream. Casual games with vorish discussion while hanging out with tasty treats. Would love to see you there sweetie <3
https://www.twitch.tv/umi_durg
Umiriko
Most Talkative Dragon, ever

Postby Baz » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:32 am

You need fluff, I'm your rat. PM me with a basic idea and I'll craft you a nice big ball of fuzzy fluff.

And you feel better soon, K?
Last edited by Baz on Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Postby Heretic » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:49 am

It's fine, apologising for injuries or a little financial problem here and there isnt nescassary, those kindsa things happen, and you aren't a failure at real life or you wouldnt be such a success here =D!
My eyes are bigger than my stomach?! Impossible! My stomach's been bigger than my whole body before! O.o;
Heretic
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:50 am

Anyone who keeps their eye on indi games or has been active in their production could not be mad at you. The thing is hobbies have to come after the rest of your life, if they don't then they typically get classified as a job or an obsession :p and life happens.

The Internet is littered with web pages about games that were in development until one day the devs just stopped posting and disappeared. Typically something in their life draws them away and they just walk away.

That in your case it was due to a broken comp and that you informed us is enough to not simply warrant forgiveness, but not even require apology
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:08 am

by the way, I was wondering around the web and stumbaled apon this.

It may have more potential then byond for your purposes. If the overview is accurate then the only thing that would need to be hand coded would be game logic which would probably take a lot less time and you may have a better shot at getting help with that.

If you do want to take the game developmnt up again then I would suggest you take a peek at that project and make a design doccument for your game (which you can do by hand on paper). Try to get as much detail as posable, right down to mechanics like how the character stats will influence the combat system, and the specifics of how the combat system will operate.

If you have a fleshed out design document and all there is to code is game logic I think you will find it much easyer to get help on the game.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Re:

Postby yohoho » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:10 am

Spencer, if you manage to make a design document as described above, I will code the game. I have read no other threads except this one, but I am confident in my coding abilities to say that I can write the game logic in any number of languages. As long as the game mechanics are planned out enough so that I don't have to think too hard, I can code it in a relatively short amount of time; after all, you'll have done all the hard work. :P PM me if you're interested.
yohoho
New to the forum

Open hand

Postby Biofreak » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:16 am

:D Ha ha! Another lurker leaps from the shadows to momentarily bask in the light!

Ahem. What I mean to say is that I've dabbled in byond for awhile and never really had any motivation for any game, and i know how it feels to have a game half coded then your comp fry. My laptop's hard drive got corrupted somehow. Anyway, I guess you could say i'm still green at coding but some help is better than none.

I understand it'll be a little time before you're back on your feet but I'm 21 and have no life whatsoever. Hell, i sit on my butt at work most of the time so i have lots of free time.

Basically i'm offering an open had if you're looking for one.
Biofreak
Been posting for a bit

Re: Open hand

Postby Surge » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:14 am

My services are at your disposal, old friend. o.o
Surge
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Open hand

Postby Eka » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:28 pm

this forum and the associated post will be archived in the vore game forum
Eka
Administrator