Vore Night Remaster

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore Night Remaster

Postby VelocityGaming » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:12 am

a while back i was new on ekas and i came across a game called Vore night done by ShadowBlaze, now this game was one of the first Vore Games ive played from this site and to this day i just dont feel the same about some of the other vore games on this site, so i got RPG Maker VX Ace for like $7 on steam (USD) and i thought about making vore style games and i thought about Vore Night so i thought why dont i attempt to remaster/continue the series on a more advanced version of RPG maker. I want to know you the community if it would be a good idea to resurrect this idea and continue ShadowBlazes legacy and continue this Master Piece of a game

This game is a F/? style game meaning youll play as a female in this game. ShadowBlaze has only made the 1st episode on RPG Maker 2003. I plan on Remaking the game on RPG Maker VX Ace with updated graphics and UI with the same story as the first episode and ill try to Replicate the Game to the best of my abilitys

if you guys want to know more information about the style and the storyline check his View Topic on the game he created: viewtopic.php?t=13541
VelocityGaming
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore Night Remaster

Postby Aickavon12 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:59 am

Have you tried talking to him about it as well, I mean, a dead project could be dead for a variety of reasons but I find it best to always act someone if you can continue to build on it and perhaps, what the plans were for it in the future.

If you get no response, maybe instead of making the exact same game, you can make your own game that was inspired by vore nights.
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby VelocityGaming » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:13 am

i messaged him a long time ago about the idea but im still waiting for his response, im guessing he dropped the project for the better good but i want to revive the project because i believe its a badass game and to answer your question about what i plan, i plan on implementing a 5 part series after the first episode so there will be a total of 5 episodes
Last edited by VelocityGaming on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
VelocityGaming
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zomulgustar » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:17 am

I loved that game idea so much. He is still active on site, so I think it would be a good idea to get his permission before recreating his work, but if you're starting from scratch then you really don't need it. There might be a few people on this site who would like to help if you can find a way to delegate some work. I wish I had the time to be one of them.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby VelocityGaming » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:19 am

hes still active? no shit well like i said up there ^ that i messages him along time ago and he still hasnt responded back, so im guessing he dropped the project
VelocityGaming
Been posting for a bit

Postby Halcyon » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:25 am

Definitely not. While of course I can't speak or the original creator, someone's project dying out is by no means a free license for someone else to pick it back up and appropriate it. Besides, your own creativity and inspiration is so much more valuable than a cheap imitation of another's - I know that others have already suggested it, but since you've already bought the RPG Maker program, why not try making your own game? I guarantee that you will find it much more fulfilling, and people will appreciate you and your work for it all the more :)
Halcyon
???

Postby Zomulgustar » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:53 am

imitation in the sincerest form of flattery. Plagiarism is theft of intellectual property. I certainly am not recommending you appropriate his game without his permission. But if you create a game from scratch with a shockingly similar heroine and world then there is no problem, especially if you thank the original inspiration somehow and not try to make money on it. If the original creator comes back some day with some major updates then both projects really should be able to stand alone. One of my first programming projects years and years ago was recreating the original final fantasy. I had a blast and I learned a lot in the process. I would have loved to have access to something like rpg maker back then. I, of course, shared it with my friends and the game ended up deviating from the original A LOT except for the initial town and villain. I can't imagine anyone caring..... if you start from scratch and not blatantly copy things like names, artwork and songtracks(though the songs weren't really his :lol: ). Bring back that belly wiggle!
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby The_Prof » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:25 am

Halcyon wrote:Definitely not. While of course I can't speak or the original creator, someone's project dying out is by no means a free license for someone else to pick it back up and appropriate it. Besides, your own creativity and inspiration is so much more valuable than a cheap imitation of another's - I know that others have already suggested it, but since you've already bought the RPG Maker program, why not try making your own game? I guarantee that you will find it much more fulfilling, and people will appreciate you and your work for it all the more :)

I gotta agree with Halcyon on this. Original content trumps remasters anyday. Though if the original creator gives his blessing I'm also very fine with you going through with it. So if he says ok then by all means go for it. But should he decline, don't feel deterred, make your own!

But if you do need a good totally original not stolen from anyone idea for a game. I have a good idea about a catgirl who wants to become a legendary hero and teams up with her fairy friends to go save the world. It's a completely unheard of concept!
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby killermeow » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:48 am

Taking inspiration is good, but you NEED permission before you try a remake/remastery. Until then, don't even start work on a remake/remaster, it never ends well. There is a huge difference in that regard, just be careful you don't cross that line without the original creator's permission, or it'll cause a lot of issues.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nanakra » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:46 am

My opinion differs from those that are here, though with some serious caveats.

First, how serious are you in wanting to make an RPG Maker game?
I ask this because It has a HUGE learning curve and it can easily frustrate and make you rage quit.
There have been too many vore games that seemed great and then were abandoned for that very reason.
Also, is this your first RPG Maker game?
If the answer is yes, it would be better for you not to post anything right out of the gate.
Work on learning how to use the program and how to make a good game.
There have been far, far, FAR too many vore games that were just awful because the creator had no idea what they were doing.

Now, with that said, I say go for it with conditions.
First condition? Don't post it. It's yours for learning purposes.
Get a copy of RPG Maker 2k3 and tear Vore Night apart.
See how Shadow Blaze set things up and how he did certain things.
See the unfinished stuff that were ideas he never got to.
Try to make it in VXA and... get very, very frustrated when you realize you can't script any of it in VXA.
See, this is the problem you will run into when trying to "remaster" or "remake" old games.
Things don't translate well.

I tried the same thing as you wanted to do.
I wanted remake vore night in VX. Ran into lots of event and script problems.Tried several various iterations of it.
Scrapped it when VXA came out and then went on to try and remake GTS Vore game.
Same issues, went through several iterations. Even came close to an almost finished product, then RPG Maker MV came out and I scrapped it.
After all, why use an old engine when you can use the fancy new shiny one. That and I never had my own game to begin with, so what did it matter?

What I am saying is, it's fine to use old projects as inspiration and a learning tool, as long as you keep it to yourself.
Once you've extracted all you can from them, then build your own, unique, game with what you have learned. Even if you do decide to use some of the mechanics from them, do something that makes it yours.
Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but no one wants to be known as that guy who copied Picasso.
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 7twenty » Mon May 22, 2017 6:28 am

Personally, I say go for it. If you are not making money off of it, there should be no issues. As for the morality of it, the game is abandoned and Shadowblase hasn't posted anything in ages. There is no victim here.
7twenty
New to the forum

Postby Nouvi » Mon May 22, 2017 9:22 am

I'd say DON'T do it unless you get permission. Even trying to is against law unless it's explicitly listed as public domain, or creative commons with credit/nonprofit, both something given by original author. Berne convention and all that.

Besides, you probably don't want to stir the stormy nests of "respect the authors vs entitled copyright haters". Really, you don't want to do that.

I may sound aggressive, but this is a thing that's come up faaaaaaaaaaaaaar too many times already, with downright nasty results.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby b5n » Mon May 22, 2017 1:58 pm

honestly vore night is just a demo but he's so fucking good dat i m hyper hype with deez project

sorry for bad english i'm french
b5n
Somewhat familiar

Postby ABrinson27 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Nouvi wrote:I'd say DON'T do it unless you get permission. Even trying to is against law unless it's explicitly listed as public domain, or creative commons with credit/nonprofit, both something given by original author. Berne convention and all that.

Besides, you probably don't want to stir the stormy nests of "respect the authors vs entitled copyright haters". Really, you don't want to do that.

I may sound aggressive, but this is a thing that's come up faaaaaaaaaaaaaar too many times already, with downright nasty results.

He has a point I say ask first I have seen him on recently so maybe you can get thru to him.
ABrinson27
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game