The Hunt--UPDATE 26DEC--v0.20.9 (source code released!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Hunt: EobE - UPDATE 10JUL - v0.19.4 (pred, prey, fer

Postby azulookami » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:52 pm

Keep up the good work. ^^
azulookami
New to the forum

Postby Marzseaz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:01 pm

dddddd2 wrote:There are still script errors here and there(like fallen tree, catched fish having a regurgitate button) and missing texts (like missing gut/belly in description when you look at your belly, result in "Your considerably is...")

But overall things are looking great!

Thanks for the heads up. I've fixed the first two (I think, could you be more specific with the tree error?), and I'm working on the third. The fixes will be included in 0.19.5.

Cheers guys. :)
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby dddddd2 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:29 am

Marzseaz wrote:
dddddd2 wrote:There are still script errors here and there(like fallen tree, catched fish having a regurgitate button) and missing texts (like missing gut/belly in description when you look at your belly, result in "Your considerably is...")

But overall things are looking great!

Thanks for the heads up. I've fixed the first two (I think, could you be more specific with the tree error?), and I'm working on the third. The fixes will be included in 0.19.5.

Cheers guys. :)

It shows "A fallen {object:intro_scenery_fallentree_north1:Tree} is stuck against some rocks a little way down the river. " in the description.
And another example for the missing text when looking at belly: "Your hefty is just a little bit..."
______________________________________________________________^^^
Other bugs I've encountered:
You have to "Stop Hunting" before you can feed the angry wolf despite Feed being shown as an option.
The eaten Stag and wolf still appear in Places and Objects.
After dislodging the snowdrift, both boulder and fallen boulder will exist at the same time.
Climbing fallen boulder will teleport you back to the fallen tree.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aleph-Null » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:34 pm

Hello again,

Testing 9.14, I found some odd behavior with text scrolling. The rate of acceleration and deceleration of the automatic text scroll is dependent on how much text is scrolling. The more text to scroll through, the slower the rate of acceleration. The result is that when you spam a command like "rest" a couple hundred times, the text appears as though it is not moving at all. You can not manually scroll during that time period either.

EDIT:
additional bug received after crossing the river.

Error running script: Error compiling expression 'this.tree_pushed = True': CompareElement: Operation 'Equal' is not defined for types 'Object' and 'Boolean'

EDIT 2:
Forgot to mention, the order that the cardinal directions are listed is not always consistent.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Marzseaz » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:04 pm

Thanks for the heads up. The exits for the rooms are actually automatically generated by quest in the current version, so I'm not really sure how that works. The text scrolling is also part of the quest default code, and it's something that really bugs me too. I'll see if I can modify it.
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hansony » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:27 am

I don't know what you can do about the scrolling it self but I do know that a lot of people add a way to remove all the text with one click which could be a stand in for a solution to the scrolling speed.
Don't personaly know how to do it as I have never used quest on the programmer side but there are bound to be some tutorials of it somewhere
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JackBright » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:17 am

Here's hoping equipment for boosting stats comes into play soon!
JackBright
Been posting for a bit

Postby KinkyHobo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:58 am

Few questions. How do you eat the wolf? Where is the rope? What do I do with the dragon?
KinkyHobo
New to the forum

Postby Marzseaz » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:43 pm

Hey guys, I'm back! The Hunt has been updated to 0.20.0. It includes one new (unfinished) animal, and a system for eating npcs.

This isn't a huge change over the previous version, however, I've also decided to release the source code for free! You can find it in the opening post.

This doesn't mean that I'm stopping development myself, but I rarely have time to work on this these days. I figure it would be more useful as a template for others rather than sitting on my desktop unused. It would be great to see people using this as a template to create more text-based vore rpgs in quest. My only condition is that if you do use it, then you credit me and provide a link to the original adventure. This also means that I'm open to collaboration. If you have a suggestion for a new encounter or region to the game let me know.

Beware that there is no documentation, and numerous errors and spelling mistakes. If you decide to use the current version as a template, do so at your own risk. I'll probably publish the source code of all future versions too, but I may change my mind.

Have fun!

EDIT: As for the rope, it does exist in the game, it's just not labelled as a rope. Look around the upper river, and you'll find it.

The dragon doesn't do anything at the moment, it's just an easter egg. It's actually only present in older versions of the game, since I had to start the code from scratch it hasn't been restored.

The wolf needs to be immobilised before you can eat it, which basically means feeding it a lot of salmon and rabbits. Since the recode, I believe that system has been broken.

EDITx2: Fixed a major bug that was preventing player progress.
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Re: The Hunt--UPDATE 19APRL--v0.20.1 (source code released!)

Postby Dasnu » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:46 am

Whoa!!! Guess being hopeful paid off : P
Dasnu
New to the forum

Re: The Hunt--UPDATE 19APRL--v0.20.2 (source code released!)

Postby Marzseaz » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:07 am

Glad you like it. :)

I've just updated the game to v0.20.2. This is basically a fix for the wolf encounter in the intro. I've also added a couple of new animals (although they're basically copies of each other, and they're a little hard to find). Fixing it was a pain in the butt, thanks to some strange quirks of quest, but it should be pretty stable now.

Also, if you guys make something from my source code, please link it in this thread! I would love to see what you come up with.

EDIT: Also also, the intro is now a standalone area, which you currently cannot return to once you have left (unless you restart the game of course). The reason being is that I want to let players experiment with the systems of the game using a powerful character at the very beginning, who can swallow basically anything, but I also want to have a sense of progression. My plan is that once your past the intro, your character loses their stats, and swallowing larger prey becomes impossible for the time being. You need to work your way up gradually by expanding your capacity. However I'll also include cheats so that anyone who doesn't want to go through that process doesn't have to.
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby Marzseaz » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:14 am

Since things seem to be a little more stable now, for now I'm going to focus more on adding actual content and less on technical things. Eventually I'll have to go back to the technical side to finally implement the equipment system, but for the moment I want to make the world feel less empty.

Do you guys have anything in particular you would like me to work on?
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby dddddd2 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:19 am

So glad to see this game continue!
As to what to work on, I think more scripted events (like the bear, wolf in the intro area) and environment interactions (like the river, cliff) would be great.
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Netjak » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:20 am

Something I feel like needs an adjustement is digestion speed, or atleast digestion speed cap with massaging, as taking 10 points off a meal worth 8000 points leaves you with 800 turns just clicking rest, and that's not really fun, interactive gameplay!
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Marzseaz » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:15 am

dddddd2 wrote:So glad to see this game continue!
As to what to work on, I think more scripted events (like the bear, wolf in the intro area) and environment interactions (like the river, cliff) would be great.

I absolutely intend to make more content like this, and to improve what content is already there. My priority is first completely restoring the intro, then adding a little more life to the camp. After that I'll be fleshing out the area immediately outside the camp hopefully to be around as detailed as the intro.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but over the last few days I've also been jotting down ideas for the first potential 'dungeon' of the game. I've mentioned that I would like to take some influences from the dungeon design of the older Zelda games - so each dungeon has a unique mechanic that gradually ramps up in complexity. I've got a list of 6 or so vore or belly related mechanics that I think have potential, but if anyone has any suggestions I would be glad to hear them.

Netjak wrote:Something I feel like needs an adjustement is digestion speed, or atleast digestion speed cap with massaging, as taking 10 points off a meal worth 8000 points leaves you with 800 turns just clicking rest, and that's not really fun, interactive gameplay!

Yeah, that part sucks. My current plan is to give the player options for how long they want to rest, including a 'until completely digested' option.
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Re: The Hunt--UPDATE 22APRL--v0.20.4 (source code released!)

Postby Marzseaz » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:15 am

I've added a minor update that has partly restored the rope, the bear and the dragon in the recoded version of the game. However, these haven't yet been playtested so expect bugs. The dragon also now spawns in a different location, due to an error I haven't solved yet.
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby NightfuryMatthew » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:35 am

What has become of the account?
NightfuryMatthew
New to the forum

Postby NightfuryMatthew » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:43 am

There's a bug where if I over eat, the stomach won't expand
NightfuryMatthew
New to the forum

Postby RC8015 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:35 am

I guess the game is dead....last update and visit on this forum by the developer was half a year ago. So creator seems gone and no further patched/bug fixes.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Marzseaz » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:20 am

It's been a while hasn't it? Here's an update.

A lot of the things that are currently in the game are unfinished, but I've been working on bits and pieces when I have time (which is rarely because I'm trying to learn a lot of things!), and I feel like I've completed enough to warrant a new version.

CHANGELOG v0.20.0
Added 1 more animal (boar, unfinished)
Added edible npc system
Bug fixes
Released source code

CHANGELOG v0.20.1
Intro area is now a prologue, and the main game now takes place in the past
Fixed a major bug preventing player progress in the upper river

CHANGELOG v0.20.2
Fixed wolf encounter
Added two new animals (rat and mouse, unfinished)
Minor bug fixes

CHANGELOG v0.20.3
Started blocking in a forest area
Started fleshing out the camp area
Further restored the intro area
Fixed a minor bug when feeding Vostark

CHANGELOG v0.20.4
Further restored the intro area
Restored rope item
Restored bear vore scene
Partially restored dragon (currently spawns in a different place due to bugs)

CHANGELOG v0.20.5
Added one new encounter (unfinished)
Added a conversation system
Added details to the camp
Started remapping the area outside the camp
Fixed a major bug in the despawning script
Increased the rate of digestion

CHANGELOG v0.20.6
Upgraded version to Quest 5.8
Added the first sidequest to the game!
Created a simple dialogue system
Implemented consuming fluids (unfinished)
Added one new encounter (unfinished)
Fixed a bug preventing the description of the player's belly size from updating
Fixed a bug which was causing eating NPCs to not update belly size
Fixed a bug where the player's belly size could become negative
Fixed a bug where milk in the player's belly wouldn't stack
Added some dialogue
Corrected some typos

CHANGELOG v0.20.7
Implemented new verb system
Added a 'digest' verb to the player's belly, which automatically digests all contents and increases the player's max capacity
Added a new underwater encounter (unfinished)
Expanded beach area
Added more detailed descriptions to several areas

There are several new creatures in the game of various states of readiness. I've also started on a new underwater area. In addition to fixing and improving the content that's already in the game, I'm planning to expand into the first two 'dungeons' of the game: an underwater dungeon, and a forest dungeon. I'd like each dungeon to have some sort of unique belly-related mechanic that then expands the player's options for the rest of the world once completed. Currently I'm planning for the underwater dungeon to be revolve sinking/floating depending on the player's weight (a system which I've already figure out how to implement), with a water-related treasure at the end. I've got a few ideas for a mechanic for the forest dungeon, but nothing I'm really happy with yet.

As always I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and requests. I've uploaded the latest source coat to the first post, and I'd love it if someone could tinker with this themselves. I'm a terrible coder and designer, so I'm sure you could do a better job than I.

No promises there will be more to come soon, but believe me I haven't forgotten about this project. :)

EDIT: Of course I start noticing bugs only after I've uploaded it. I've already made a couple of small bug fixes, but even if there hasn't been an obvious update you might want to redownload the file occasionally. I'll probably upload very small bug fixes without announcing a new version.
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game