The Hunt--UPDATE 26DEC--v0.20.9 (source code released!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: The Hunt: EobE - UPDATE 10FEB - v0.18 (pred, prey, feral

Postby RedBoggle » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:25 pm

When I eat the White Tailed Doe in v0.18.1, it doesn't appear in my stomach or have any effect on my capacity.
RedBoggle
Somewhat familiar

Postby Marzseaz » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:07 am

bobert1234567 wrote:Does anyone have a hint towards swallowing the bear?

I was hoping someone else might chime in with a hint, but if nobody does soon I'm happy to give you one myself.

RedBoggle wrote:When I eat the White Tailed Doe in v0.18.1, it doesn't appear in my stomach or have any effect on my capacity.

Oops, forgot about the doe. Fixed now!
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby RedBoggle » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:14 am

Marzseaz wrote:
bobert1234567 wrote:Does anyone have a hint towards swallowing the bear?

I was hoping someone else might chime in with a hint, but if nobody does soon I'm happy to give you one myself.

RedBoggle wrote:When I eat the White Tailed Doe in v0.18.1, it doesn't appear in my stomach or have any effect on my capacity.

Oops, forgot about the doe. Fixed now!

Thanks Marzseaz.

Spoiler: show
Also, about that bear, think about bringing one of the few objects you can pick up into the cave with you.
RedBoggle
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whereaminow27 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Finally figured out how to get by the wolf, without fighting my way out of it. There was an error with the stag, spawn and it just says A majestic {object:intro_encounter_stag_obj:Stag} lies still in the middle of the clearing, exhausted from being pursued by two predators. with nothing there.

Also is there a way to get the bear?
Whereaminow27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RedBoggle » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Does the speak function work on anyone? Does anyone have actual dialogue or responses, anyone other than . . .
RedBoggle
Somewhat familiar

Postby Marzseaz » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:39 am

The speak function doesn't do anything at the moment, but more NPCs will be included in the game eventually (perhaps even in the next update).

As for the bear...

Spoiler: show
The bear is to dangerous to tackle normally. It's not obvious, but not far away there's a tool you can pick up that might be helpful.
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby dddddd2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:11 pm

I'm really enjoying the game!
I've found a bug and commented it on your Furaffinity~ (http://www.furaffinity.net/view/22227660/ )
Btw, are there any hints for the answer to the 'game'?
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Marzseaz » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks for pointing that out! It's fixed now.

I'm really eager to get updates to you guys as fast as possible, but in the process I've learned that I'm an awful tester. That's something I can work to improve. :)
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby RedBoggle » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:19 pm

The wolf only spawns once. When I leave the area and return, he disappears. His first spawn produces an error message.
RedBoggle
Somewhat familiar

Postby Marzseaz » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:36 am

Hey guys, I just wanted to post an update for this game - namely that I haven't forgotten about it.

I've had some massive changes in my life over the last couple of months, and that's redirected my attention away from my personal projects. I can't say exactly what will happen in the future, but in the last week I finally have had a little time to work on it again.

I've realised now that the game has some big structural issues that will prevent from expanding in the future. As painful as it is, I've started the process of remaking the underlying code behind the entire game, which might take some time. I've never made a game before, so please bear with me while I figure this stuff out. I'll try to get through it as quickly as possible so that I can get back to more content and squashing bugs.

As for the fun stuff, I'm hoping to include two new random encounters, as well as a 'sandbox' mode where you can spawn and despawn anything at will.

Thanks everyone
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby IEatYouWhole » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:27 am

I love this game :3 also i figured out how to nom the bear :3 now to see if I can get the wolf too :3 or if its even possible to eat the dragon :P
I will swallow you whole :3
IEatYouWhole
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Marzseaz » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:22 pm

You thought I was dead? Not at all! In fact I can finally announce that the complete overhaul of The Hunt code is finally done!

deleted

Unfortunately this update is mostly focused on the behind-the-scenes systems, and no so much on the content. I've also completely overhauled the way that encounters work. Thankfully the new code will make it much easier to add new content in the future, and so for version 0.2 I'm hoping to focus on adding new encounters and npcs. The intro/mountain area will hopefully make a a return in the next version too.

In the meantime I'm looking for feedback on two main areas.

Firstly, what do you think of the new encounter system? I'm still determined to avoid including a levelling system, simply because grinding isn't fun. The compromise I reached was to use a skill check system, similar to dungeons and dragons. Currently there are four stats: might, dexterity, charm and stealth. Certain actions in the game will require a check, marked with a [tag]. Instead of levelling, these stats will be increased through the use of equipment, or buffed temporarily using consumable items. The player will be able to buy lower level items by bringing caught animals and creatures back to town and selling them (so yes, a little bit of grinding unfortunately, although I'll try to keep it reasonable). However, more significant items will be obtained by performing feats or completing quests. For example, someone in a camp might request that the player 'get rid of' certain creature at the end of a dungeon, or might be impressed once the player's belly reaches a certain size. As far as possible, I'd also like to make it so that it isn't required to eat any one thing in the game, because I know that everyone has different *ahem* tastes.

Secondly, what content do you most want to see in the game? Currently I'm thinking of making a few temporary areas to represent different biomes that will hopefully be represented in the game eventually (for example, a jungle area, a desert area, etc...), each with different encounters and characters. But if you'd rather me focus on something else, let me know.

Cheers, and have fun!
Last edited by Marzseaz on Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Re: The Hunt: EobE - UPDATE 5JUL - v0.19 (pred, prey, feral)

Postby dddddd2 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:27 am

Glad to see you're still working on it!
I think the new encounter system is working fine, and any new content would be great.
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Marzseaz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:04 pm

I'm glad you're still following it!

Honestly having to start from scratch killed a lot of the momentum. I'm aiming to have more regular, smaller updates going forward.
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aleph-Null » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:30 pm

I haven't played this since the first release. Where did everything go? What is this encounter system that you speak of? In the game I loaded there were only two things I could interact with, one rabbit, and one NPC. No interactions with either of them produced any result.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Marzseaz » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:59 am

I had to recode a lot of the game, because of some weird issues. This release was at first just an example of the new code being up and running. In the coming few days I'll be restoring all of the content from the original, after which I'll working on bringing in entirely new content. Check the patch notes regularly to see if there are any incremental updates, I should be releasing them fairly frequently leading up to v0.20.

You might still be playing a slightly older version. Even since yesterday I've added some more content back into the game.
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby vernam » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:42 am

i'm running into this error while trying to pet preys..

Error running script: Error compiling expression '"The " + this.alias + " eyes you a little, and continues grazing"': Unknown object or variable 'this'
vernam
Been posting for a bit

Postby Marzseaz » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:21 am

Thanks for the heads up. I've temporarily remove the pet command, but it'll be back later.

Speaking of which, I've just updated the game to 0.19.3! Changes:

Partially restored intro map
Restored turn counter
Partially restored wolf
Partially restored buck
Added 'wits'
Minor bug fixes
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Postby Marzseaz » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:34 pm

Update!

CHANGELOG 0.19.4
Partially restored intro map events
Partially restored bear
Intro encounter fixes
Changed ability descriptions
Created a new system for randomising 'look at' text
Added new dialogue
Marzseaz
Been posting for a bit

Re: The Hunt: EobE - UPDATE 10JUL - v0.19.4 (pred, prey, fer

Postby dddddd2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:45 pm

There are still script errors here and there(like fallen tree, catched fish having a regurgitate button) and missing texts (like missing gut/belly in description when you look at your belly, result in "Your considerably is...")

But overall things are looking great!
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game