(Vore) Bodypart tf Game: Foxquest 0.0.4 (01. 06. 2017)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: (Vore) Bodypart tf Game: Foxquest

Postby Seke » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:20 am

I am sorry that you guys had to wait for so long now.
There was no progress for a while at all since i had personal problems.
But now i have more time again and also a new medicament that helps me to concentrate better.

during this weekend, there was a lot of family stuff going on, but earlier i made a new stat system for Lyhra and the mercenary (he is easier to beat now)
i worked out a system for random events and -encounters and almost fimished the sprites for the next predator (only the ones for a scene are missing now(like the three sprites of the bunny unbirth scene))
If you enjoy my work it would be awesome if you could support me~

https://www.patreon.com/Seke
Seke
Somewhat familiar

Postby Arbon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:48 am

I am now really interested in seeing what the random encounters are, though scripted events with a small story playing out are admittedly cooler than random battles and XP grinding. Sprites ... ah, you mean the overland spritesheets for seeing the character in the overworld, and I can't help but imagine it has something to do with that farm.

Hrm, there should be about 20 images for the panthress in your PMs, and I've been doing my best to spread the word around. I'll try drawing more as soon as I have spare time for it.
Arbon
Been posting for a bit

Postby LightDragon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:01 pm

Seke wrote:But now i have more time again and also a new medicament that helps me to concentrate better.

Uh... Please don't overdo it, ok ? I'm always afraid a bit from this sort of declaration...

So aside of it, I finished playing your game (not the lastest version apparently, or maybe I just didn't found the mercenary and panthress scenes).

So to begin with I must say I like your main character Lyhra, she is a very pleasant character. Some of her thoughs really touched me, like "I hope I'll have a bed like that, one day". Some others made me laugh (the thing with the empty basket at the shop ^^). More generally, I like that you made many interactive objects, it gives a lot of charm to the game ^^
I also like the background of the story. That whole thing about magic creatures being persecuted really makes me wish to see Lyhra succeeding in her quest, even if it's just to survive. I also like how you made the shop, that was really cool. Another cool thing is that the death scenes are clearly predictable, like for example the wine sequence, and it's cool because it lets the player save before dying.
About the gameplay, I really appreciated that you did not put random battles in the fields. To my taste, random battles are the cancer of RPGs in general. I am currently playing Final Fantasy IV, and this random battles are driving me mad, each time I get fed up after 15 minutes of gameplay.

Now,About the flaws, there are only two I have found.
The first is only a detail and doesn't bother me a lot, it's in this spoiler :
Spoiler: show
It's the fact that the lapine did actually absorb Lyhra, and... Well... I mean, I thought every semi-animal creatures were persecuted for their magical powers,
and I didn't expect the lapine to absorb Lyhra while they are both "preys"... Not that she wouldn't be able to, more that she would understand her and help her. But apparently I'm a bit to idealist ^^

The second is not actually a flaw, it's more something that bothers me... In this kind of game, I always fear to have an unwanted game over following an action I thought harmless. Until there, you have perfectly managed this, and it's almost impossible to have an unwanted game over, so it's ok for now ^^

One last thing, I saw that in town, upon entering a house, there are a few images where Lyhra has her real form instead of her disguised form. This is not a criticism, I just wanted to say that I found it very amusing, because I could almost hear Lyhra thinking "No, quick, I have to disguise myself !".

So yeah, I'll take another look at the panthress and the soldiers. From here, I wish you good luck in your game making o/
LightDragon
Participator

Postby dogtino88 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:20 pm

sorry if its a dumb question but how do you play the game? I don't have anything that plays the file
dogtino88
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seke » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:12 am

@dogtino88

You have to unzip the file that you get from the download. Then you don't need any further program. You just open the folder that you get by unzipping the file and open the "game" file. Then the game will start.

@Lightdragon

Don't worry. Theese pills don't have anything to do with myself putting pressure onto me or something like that. I have a mental illness wich made it pretty tricky for me to work on the game lately (Concentration as a big problem for me) and theese pills are for people with this mental illness and ae supposed to help me with it.

In the first posts of this thread is a spoiler that contains descriptions for how to get to thoose transformations ;)

I am glad that you like Lyhra ^^ She is a cute, lightly naive, but nevertheless foxy girl (literally :P) girl.
I am a big fan of hidden things and lots of interactive objects myself. Lyhra loves the culture of the humans and anthros and even though it isn't a good idea for a supermagical being like herself to wander around among them, she is just so fascinated from this culture and how they life that she HAS TO just go there and experience being one of them. So with this knowledge of her it would be weird if she just would see things as... just some things. Everything is new and fascinating! And if she knows something (for example oven or flour) she has to tell the player proudly about it.
You could say that she is a bit like a little child who is exloring and discover the world.

Oh, Lyhra's quest will be more then just survive and it will be able for her to reach it if the player wishes so :3
Yeah, i liked the idea with the shop as well ^^ I want games to be as realistic as possible myself. I am a pen&paper player because i love to unlimited variation of choices that you have in pen&papers and so i don't think about games as how games are, but how i imagine them to be.
A sellsman (or woman in this case) puts their wares into the sellroom and if a customer want to buy something, they take and buy it. It always irritated me a bit that you can, in most games, only walk to the sellsman and buy the things that you can't even see in the shop. Where are they keeping them? So i decided to do the shop how i imagine it to be in my game.
Sidenote: XD I wuld love the idea in elderscrolls games that you can steal the wares that you just sold back ;) But sadly you have to cheat to get to a chest far underneath the sellsman to do that @_@

Well, i make the scenes like that because i had once a scene in a vore rpg where i entered a building and helped someone out. Then this person asked me to help me with something else and as i accepted, this was leading to an game over scene. I had to walk through all other rooms again since i hadn#t saved before to collect informations and items again and i just hate to do things again after death -_-
I just hope that you will find the mercenary scene also as clear to predict ^^"

Well i was pondering for a long times how i should deal with battles in my game. And i finally made the decision to do it like in the pokemon games. Random encounters will happen in high grass or something like that and if the player want to avoid them, s/he just have to avoid this grounds.
Of course there will also be fields that can't be avoided like that, but for that i will think of a skill or item that allows to avoid enemy encounters for a while, but will cost mana to use or something like that.

The first flaw:
The lapine isn't a supermagical being. Sorry but i guess you have got something wrong there. Almost every human, Anthro and Animal in Foxquest has magical abilitys. But only the most magical ones can be absorbed by this spell. Theese are creatures like Kitsunes, Elves, Dragons, Trancendent ghost beings, etc. The bunny is, as a bunny, a prey species but she cannot be absorbed. If all supermagical beings would be absorption prey, the panthress and Bunny wouldn't be walking around so carelessy. ;)
And i can assure you that the bunny has personal reasons for what she did. She is a kind and nice girl but.... Well it is a common thing to do this to supermagical beings. They just aren't persons but... well the name already says it: supermagicalbeings and so it's ok to do such things with them. At least this is their purpose. Or at least the people think like that already.

Second Flaw: Alright. I will keep that in mind :)
I can already guarantee you that the next transformation scene will also be easy to avoid if you want to save first, as the wine scene ^^

Thank you~ I am always enjoying to read such nice reviews~
If you want, you can also do a review and rate for the game here: https://tfgamessite.com/index.php?modul ... me&id=1179

Seke
Somewhat familiar

Postby andrea » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:46 am

An idea might be to have a motivation for the preds doing it being that infusing a body part/themselves with our poor hero kitsune will slowly make them more and more magical, and able to alter/expand that part at will on top of a slow natural continuing growth.
http://www.writing.com/main/interact/it ... Magic-vore

^Posting new stuff to this regularly
andrea
Somewhat familiar

Postby dogtino88 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:01 am

Seke wrote:@dogtino88

You have to unzip the file that you get from the download. Then you don't need any further program. You just open the folder that you get by unzipping the file and open the "game" file. Then the game will start.

oh? when I download it I only get a single file I'm not sure what's happening then
dogtino88
Been posting for a bit

Postby LightDragon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:18 am

So, I'm coming back to finish my review :

1) About the panthress :
I had forgotten, in my previous review, to say that the barman's text is broken.
I think that you added the barman's face after typing the text, so now there are lots of sentences that are truncated. Beware the textbox limits ! :p
So now, about the panthress scene :
In fact, I first asked the barman for informations, and from what I understood, all the rooms were reserved by the people from the castle.
Apparently, I still need to get better in English, but the truncated sentences didn't help :p
So yeah, I didn't even bother asking for a room since I thought all rooms were reserved
But otherwize the scene is cool (I dislike breast vore and tf in general, but there is no possibility of getting an unwanted game over, so it's cool)

2) About the mercenary :
Well, I think I have a bug on this one. I got the sword from the firecamp, but no one ever attacked me.
When I tried to leave, there was just Lyhra saying "Oh, there's something over here !"
And I was like : "No there's nothing, you're drunk"
And finally, after trying leaving 4 times : "Oh, yes, there is actually a ring in there..."

But I never got attacked by the mercenary.

Oh, ok. I thought every semi-human creature was a supermagical being. Thanks for explaining ^^

Just one last question : how did you manage to make dark places lit up with fires and lights ? I'm myself doing a non-fetish RPG, and I'd like to make something like this for a night scene.
LightDragon
Participator

Postby LightDragon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:51 am

dogtino88 wrote:oh? when I download it I only get a single file I'm not sure what's happening then

Hmmm. Can you unzip it ?
LightDragon
Participator

Postby Seke » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:18 am

dogtino88 wrote: >.> oh? when I download it I only get a single file I'm not sure what's happening then

Maybe this will help you:

Seke
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seke » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:02 am

First off:
Foxquest has it's own Discord Channel now. I also added the link already to the first post in this topic.

https://discord.gg/m82Xyyw

Next Point:
I am using the Plugin: Terrax Lightning for this effects. I really can recommend it ^^
http://mvplugins.com/plugin/Terrax/Terr ... g%20System

Are you sure that you have the latest version? 0.0.3 beta?
Because i am pretty sure that i fixed the mercenary bug and the dialoge with the barman in the last version.
In the game devolopment program both things are at least fixed. But i will check that out in this version too.
Edit: I have tried out the 0.0.3 beta now. In it, the dialouge with the barkeeeper is working and the mercenary showed up.
Only the bug with passing by next to the blue flowers still is there, but that is also fixed in the version that i am working on.

Only the big, left room is already taken completly. You should have the option to choose to spare the two bed room with the panthress. If you do so, you get the Key two and can open the middle door with it and use the left bed.
The third, smalles room will be avaivable in the next Version 0.0.4 that i am making currently and also be a requirement for the next transformation ;)

For the panthress tf scene: The only thing that's bugging me is, if the scene is clearly enough predictable :/
Later it will be possible to continue the game even though you got into this tf, but it will take a long time until then ^^"
I would like to add an autosave mechanism sometimes... i will see about that.

Seke
Somewhat familiar

Postby dogtino88 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:39 pm

I know how to unzip a folder file my point is there isn't one when I use the download link I get a single file not a folder of files my only guess is my computer isn't downloading everything for some reason
dogtino88
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seke » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:04 am

A file with a somewhat white icon?
Have you tried to unzip it directly? I use 7z files and not zip files.

Well, if that also don't work, you should try to download it again or check out if your unzipper can unzip 7z files

Seke
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seke » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:01 pm

(accidently posted twice)
Last edited by Seke on Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seke
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seke » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello guys ^^
The Discord community is growing~
And i also have added a few areas there. It is possible to discuss ideas, rp with others,
OR and that is in my opinion one of the best parts <3 keep track on the progress that i am making.

I will also add more screenshots there.
Today for example, i worked on a way to change between day and night and... hehe~
Did a little thing for the main quest in the night~ Depending on if something got triggered or not, you will get one of the following scenes at night ;)

Seke
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Tue May 16, 2017 11:28 am

Heya, just thought I'd bump this up a bit ;3

How's the game coming?
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby Seke » Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Wow, thanks a lot for this kind of support for my game XD
I am in the preparations to move so i am a bit busy lately, but almost only the transformation is scene is left.

I just find myself with having trouble to find motivation when i am free :/
But the project isn't canceled it only will, sadly, need more time until i can deliver the new, improved version to you guys.

For all of you who are curious about the direct progress, i have a room in the discord channel, where i am doing updates about the progress that i am making. ;)

Seke
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seke » Tue May 23, 2017 2:43 am

Hello everyone~

The Discord group is quite lively lately ^^
On top of that i made also a decent progress and might be able to suprise you guys a bit with a little extra in the next version.
Nothing like two transformations, but something that i, personally am quite excited about~

Seke
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seke » Wed May 24, 2017 3:50 am

Hello ^^

Yesterday i made a profile in Furaffinity.
I wrote some stuff about the game there and also uploaded a lot of screenshots there ;)
It would be awesome if you could become watchers there~

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/seke/

I will more often upload screenshots there and tell you news in journals, but of course i also will keep to post stuff here.
By the way: Thank you ALL for 268 clicks on this topic in the last 24 hours! O.o

The Discord group is keep growing! We are already 50 users! :D
Furaffinity sure gave it a big boost ^^" (23 since i created the profile there, about 24 hours ago)
So come over, join our community and learn more about the progress in the fastest way, since i am posting every progress after i made it there in the progress room :3

And until now it seems like the next version will contain the extra i told you about <3

Seke
Somewhat familiar

Postby LuluBoxFox » Thu May 25, 2017 1:22 pm

Love the game so far
LuluBoxFox
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game