[Java] Vore Strategy Game v0.0.8 (2017-03-27)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: [Java] Vore Strategy Game v0.0.7 (2017-03-18)

Postby SmokeStriker125 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:19 am

EtPerMun wrote:That's odd, the decryption key is included in the link. If that somehow didn't get copied, it's simply the latter part of the link, for v0.0.7 that's
Spoiler: show
!sgDlsIXCLTPPmDC5DQt2F3EK31bIb--eRO4tH7l0kXo

:) Thanks for the quick reply EtPerMun, I'll check out the game when I have some time.

EtPerMun wrote:Ah, pity. Well, if you do ever have the time, please contact me :)

Well, I do have a few sprites that I made for an abandoned Dominions 4 mod that might be usable in your game. You'll have to tinker around with them to see if they work though.

If you've played some of Illwinter's games you've probably seen some of the progenitors to these sprites.

EtPerMun wrote:I've actually played CoE3 (which I assume is quite similar?), though my concept was mostly based on Civilization and especially Endless Legend. It just... isn't quite there yet :/
Though considering the way I've planned the different government concepts, Tribal or Arboreal races might end up a lot more similar to CoE than the nations in Civ or EL.

Yeah, CoE 4 is pretty similar to its predecessor, although the combat is dramatically improved. Nevertheless, with your exposure to all the games you just listed I think this game will turn out well.
Attachments
Sprites.rar
(79.07 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
SmokeStriker125
Been posting for a bit

Re: [Java] Vore Strategy Game v0.0.7 (2017-03-18)

Postby EtPerMun » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:59 am

SmokeStriker125 wrote:
EtPerMun wrote:Ah, pity. Well, if you do ever have the time, please contact me :)

Well, I do have a few sprites that I made for an abandoned Dominions 4 mod that might be usable in your game. You'll have to tinker around with them to see if they work though.

If you've played some of Illwinter's games you've probably seen some of the progenitors to these sprites.

EtPerMun wrote:I've actually played CoE3 (which I assume is quite similar?), though my concept was mostly based on Civilization and especially Endless Legend. It just... isn't quite there yet :/
Though considering the way I've planned the different government concepts, Tribal or Arboreal races might end up a lot more similar to CoE than the nations in Civ or EL.

Yeah, CoE 4 is pretty similar to its predecessor, although the combat is dramatically improved. Nevertheless, with your exposure to all the games you just listed I think this game will turn out well.

The big problem with most sprites is the size - as I mentioned to CVYouTube, ATM, a single tile is essentially less than a 32x32 resolution. Not much at all.

I have decided to change the default resolution to 48x48 in the next update (probably coming today or tomorrow), and with the change in resolution I can now use all of the icons of this, so at least the 48px is fine. I don't have a solution for the 32px one, though (hint hint nudge nudge), and I'm still looking for what to do about the backgrounds (as normal backgrounds are, sadly, square).
EtPerMun
Participator

Re: [Java] Vore Strategy Game v0.0.8 (2017-03-27)

Postby EtPerMun » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:10 pm

Game updated to v0.0.8!

Yeah, it took a bit longer than I'd thought. Creating tilesets is a lot of work. This will likely also be the last update before v0.1.0, where I plan to add buildings and proper unit recruitment, and maybe more mouse controls. As that is a rather big update, it will likely take a while, though :/

Download here.

New features:
* Changed default resolution to 48x48
* Replaced simplistic graphics with proper tileset
* Added config option to disable display of black tile borders[/list]

Please report and bugs you see, and feel free to offer criticism or suggest improvements :)
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby CartoonVore » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:45 pm

For some reason, my laptop can't do anything with a .7z file. Please advise.
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby lapraslunch » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:08 am

CVYouTube wrote:For some reason, my laptop can't do anything with a .7z file. Please advise.

Try downloading and installing 7zip and using that to open the file. It's a free software software that can easily be found with google and is extremely useful for opening all kinds of zip files (.zip, .rar, .7z, etc). :)
lapraslunch
Somewhat familiar

Postby CartoonVore » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Love the new updates with the icons representing each character. I can tell who someone is without having to select them, making everything much quicker. Keep it up!

P.S. Is that naga icon a male or female? I can't tell. Personally, I prefer looking at females. :p
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby EtPerMun » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:46 am

CVYouTube wrote:Love the new updates with the icons representing each character. I can tell who someone is without having to select them, making everything much quicker. Keep it up!

P.S. Is that naga icon a male or female? I can't tell. Personally, I prefer looking at females. :p

It's not really a specific gender, it's whichever you want it to be! :D

I'm almost 100% certain that there will be no gender-specific tile graphics, but the planned unit side bar will likely have some sort of portrait, so at that point I actually may have to implement gender :P
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby CartoonVore » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Who do you plan for to be the next playable races?
CartoonVore
Somewhat familiar

Postby EtPerMun » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:19 am

CVYouTube wrote:Who do you plan for to be the next playable races?

Not quite sure yet. Faeries would mean introducing magic, and Nymphs would mean introducing other complicated stuff. Either would require an at least passable AI.

In the end, neither of them is going to happen before 0.2.0.
EtPerMun
Participator

Previous

Return to Vore game