Raadd: Unity (Windows, Mac, Linux) [1.54] (Finally!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Kitsune's have won (42% votes)! Which fur color and which vore type would you like.

Poll ended at Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:38 am

Blonde Kitsune, Oral Vore (Fire Type)
9%
Blonde Kitsune, Unbirth
13%
Blonde Kitsune, Anal Vore
8%
Silver/White Kitsune, Oral Vore (Holy Type)
9%
Silver/White Kitsune, Unbirth
22%
Silver/White Kitsune, Anal Vore
11%
Black Kitsune, Oral Vore (Dark Type)
6%
Black Kitsune, Unbirth
11%
Black Kitsune, Anal Vore
11%

Total votes : 418

Re: Raadd: Unity (Windows, Mac, Linux)

Postby eatme1234 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:20 pm

We are aware of all these bugs you guys have mentioned and we are currently working on them. I was hoping to release the patch today, but it appears that it's taking longer than usual. A main problem we are having is that some of you are currently experiencing video/audio problems. Certain musics and animated gameover aren't playing, which is a problem. Especially being that raadd's staff aren't having those problems. It may be a codec problem, it may be a conversion problem. But we're currently finding a solution for it. Any black screens you get after getting a game over is a animated game over that is not working.

By the way, press space while in the shop to purchase an upgrade. (Shop will be changed in the future, being that a majority of you do not enjoy it at the moment)

Congrats, out of curiosity, where do you get your motivation from to program?

Yuki-onna's all the motivation I need to program Don't ask me where I got my motivation from before she was scripted though...

@eatme1234, curious to know, why the move? Asking only because I'm a heavy GameMaker user and have found it easy to solve memory leak issues, and it's generally incredibly fast to prototype and design in (especially with the new level editor). I tried unity a few years back and found it clunky at the time--maybe it's changed? Big move, though! Were you dissatisfied with GMS2?

While Game Maker is much easier and less complicated to use, it pays for it in terms of customization and its limitation. Game Maker is not entirely made for large projects and as projects get larger, they end up starting to fail. Every time I wanted to play test the game I'd have to wait up to 5 minutes for the game to compile, regardless of how many files I changed. I could change just one file (heck even on line of code), and everything would have to recompile. The price tag on it is also not worth it, unity comes free and has many more features, and any features that it doesn't have you can find on their asset store. Game Maker was the main reason why I was going to give up on this project, any why I was too afraid to say so on this forum because I didn't wish to disappoint any people (even though I guess I did disappoint many people by not responding for so many months (guess I didn't think that one through ^^; ). Tritrium is really the person to thank that this project is continuing, as he was the one who told me to try out unity. At first it was complicated, but as I knew and understood things, I was able to see how it was actually similar code wise. Sure in game maker you can just do:
xspeed = 5

but in unity you have todo
GetComponent<Rigidbody2d>().velocity = new Vector3(5,0,0)

but game maker ends up lacking, and unity takes the cake (free cake mind you).
eatme1234
Participator

Postby Journeyman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Ah, interesting! You weren't using box physics then? (can't just use xspeed for that, but the upside is full physics). I'll have to test this large projects thing--I'll be working on such a project myself soon. :) Grats on your conversion!
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby tritrium » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:47 pm

Journeyman wrote:Ah, interesting! You weren't using box physics then? (can't just use xspeed for that, but the upside is full physics). I'll have to test this large projects thing--I'll be working on such a project myself soon. :) Grats on your conversion!

Also the nice thing with unity is that it has loads of documentation, a large asset store as mentioned, its very flexible to w/e you are making and it supports tons of modern filetypes.
I dont code in either myself but ive heard from other people that they will often use gamemaker to make a prototype and then proceed to build the actual game in an engine like unity.
I mean you prefer what you prefer really but i can only recommend using unity if only due to its flexibility & support in general.
tritrium
Participator

Postby bloodle8 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Game is fun, but Miku's leeks need a serious nerf. I prefer the old version, where they just fell through everything and off screen. Bouncing leeks are nearly impossible to dodge, and the hitboxes seem to be a little wonky - They register as hitting from too far away.

Edit: Just went into the shop, and the turn sensitivity is extremely high, might wanna turn that down a bit, too. x3
bloodle8
Participator

Postby The_Prof » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:31 pm

outside of bug fixes teh only balance thing I think is teh flytraps on slopes issue. Without a big boost to jumping (which admittedly taking the witch's potions can give you but that's luck based) you can't get past them
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby Strange » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:45 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned but apart from the bee girl there are no unbirth scenes but holy cow really good so far
Strange
Been posting for a bit

Postby lefish » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:03 pm

anyone else getting super sonic, heat-seeking, aimbot vigilantes?
lefish
New to the forum

Postby Shadowlyger » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Strange wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned but apart from the bee girl there are no unbirth scenes but holy cow really good so far

Maids.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Strange » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:48 pm

ya but there is no after pic of them after the pull you all the way in, I loved the pics of them in the last game and also the ninjas in the last one too but there isn't any in this one yet
Strange
Been posting for a bit

Postby Strange » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Also i wanted to point out i love some of the new pics that were put in there after you die, like if you fall in a hole and your swallowed by an unknown giantess the pic of the stomach is amazing and the miku girl's pic is fantastic as well in the last game i hated her because she didn't have any kind of after death pic
Strange
Been posting for a bit

Re: Raadd: Unity (Windows, Mac, Linux) [1.01]

Postby eatme1234 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:07 am

Alright folks raadd 1.01 is on its way.

For those geeks, here is the entire changelog (although some I may have forgot to write)
Spoiler: show
- Blue Vigilante spawn chance decreased from 5% to 2%
- Reduced headwind strength
- Blue Vigilantes have a horizontal speed limit. No more lightning mcvigs
- Mikus no longer throw leeks while offscreen.
- Miku Bullet Duration Decreased from 8 seconds to 3
- Miku spawn chances decreased
- Swamp Alruanes don't require the strong perk to escape.
- Fairies no longer shoot while off screen.
- Fixed bug involving confusion status
- Smoother player movement
- Fixed the 2 swamp zones in biome select
- Cursor only locked while in shop
- Internals Added
- Lots Of code optimization (very special thanks to chemicalcrux)

Also a large thank you (x100) to Shrabby, who has made a custom game over picture for one of the predators!!! I won't spoil the surprise... or will I...

Also protip: you can purchase items from the shop with the space bar when you walk close enough to them. Of course this tip is only temporarily as we will change the shop back into a 2D menu.

Be sure to vote on which enemy you'd like to see added in raadd. (The parenthesis are just saying the possible vore types that enemy could have, they will not have mutiple kinds!!!)

I'll just drop this here as a sneak peek of what I'm working on next...
Spoiler: show
vampire sneak.gif
With Unity, the possibilities of new attacks are now reality...
eatme1234
Participator

Postby AwokenedWispKP » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:36 am

Haven't tried the update yet, but I find it kinda funny how popular the top options I picked for the voting were. I was actually quite torn between picking the kitsune or the alternate vocaloid, seeing as the techno zone has pretty much been incredibly scarce of variety.. and it would be nice to see just what could be done.. although I definitely haven't been keeping track of them since.. I think.. "Luka"? the pink haired one. I think for a while at the end the F.U.N were actually Luka sprites tho.

I ended up going with the Kitsune in the end.. because floofy tails and such, but it'd be neat/cute to see like.. a Rin that'd latch onto you and cause some sort of problem, seeing as the techno zone doesn't really have a lot of pit falls. But.. I guess that isn't really a pred? I spose what'd be more along the lines of the game is a pred that jumps you and kinda takes you into it for your figure.. eating you in the process? My imagination isn't that good. ^^;

P.S: Aww.. no love for the worm :(

Edit: Dang it cats! Squish under my butt you evil spawns of feline variety! Anyways, spent a good few hours playing the game, certain status effects don't seems to show up.. the swamp has a lot of gaps that you can just fall down and the demon maids gameover is just a black screen with no text. There were a few other things like the glitchy Ails in the forests.. but other than that I can't remember much.
AwokenedWispKP
Been posting for a bit

Postby twib » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:55 am

For me the Miku's still seem to be a problem cant get to any transition to a new area because they grab me so much courtesy of their leeks, and the shop definitely needs its coffee taken away the slightest jerk of the mouse sends the screen flying.
twib
Somewhat familiar

Postby CrystalKiller88 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:09 am

Well, so far I am loving this new version of what is still my favorite vore game! It's reassuring to know that any problems I did have are being worked on, and I want to thank the devs for their hard work.

As for that poll, GOOD GOD, this was hard to pick. Mostly because I loved absolutely ALL of those pred ideas. In the end, I went with the kitsune(because she was teased way back in the original RAADD) and the worm girl(because worm girls don't get nearly enough love). But, I'd love to see all the preds in that list make it into the game.

My one and only complaint is that there aren't any bosses in the game, but I know that's being worked on too. Here's hoping we see the often rumored Peach and/or Krystal bosses sometime in the future! :D
CrystalKiller88
Participator

Postby jaebomber » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:32 am

i like the 3d shop aspect! its cool! the only thing wrong is that the mouse wont stay centered in the middle so i gotta do a 360 to get it in the middle to go where i want :P
jaebomber
Somewhat familiar

Postby thatperson57 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:30 am

I must mention this. Ye GODS! you moved the entire game to a new platform?!? that had to have taken forever. or just a very long time.

internet hat tip (X50)

This looks very good, considering such an extreme move. Thank you for the game guys, and keep up the great work. :)
thatperson57
Been posting for a bit

Postby jaebomber » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:30 pm

oh another thing the alucard girl in the swamp has a massive hitbox i cant even jump over her without her hitting me halfway in my jump
jaebomber
Somewhat familiar

Postby Shadowlyger » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:36 pm

We now need an actual Alucard girl.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Someone92 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:15 pm

As I still get the black screen at defeat I guess you guys have not found the cause for that; did you guys played the game on windowed mode and see if that may be the cause for the black screens?

The confusion from the Mikus should instantly disappear after one has grabbed you; currently sometimes MIKus are positioned in a way that causes them to "chain-grab" you.

Does the "Average Biome Lenght" slider even has an event? Even on the lowest settings each biome is ~1000m long...
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Battalia » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Ever booted up RAADD and knew exactly where the powerups would be?

Ever slid underneath an obstacle and knew there was a catgirl climbing into a cannon and aiming at you just ahead?

Ever thought it would be fun to help out RAADD?

Then We Need You!

We are currently looking for new vict-... erm... volunteers... to help build obstacles to put everyone else through! If that sounds fun, join our Discord Server, and talk to myself or Eatme about becoming a level designer. (I am usually online in the chat between 9am-4pm Mountain Standard Time)

What are the perks of level designing?
+ The chance to cause a Mikupocalypse!
+ Lounge on a lovely beach! (Warning, the mermaid has good aim)
+ Create more diverse levels for yourself and other players to play!
+ Enjoy a wine tasting with the vampire! (Warning, she may not only be tasting wine)
+ Get to see new features and impliment them in cunning ways in order to end runs for other players!
+ A long stroll down a deserted path with a succubus! (Warning, ensure you are never alone with the Succubus)

What a level designer doesn't get:
- Early access to builds or features. (We build levels, and playtest our levels, but we get releases at the same time as others. So if you are only looking to playtest builds early, level designing is not for you.)
- A hazard free work environment (especially at lunch hour)
- The chance to survive a Mikupocalypse

So if you are still interested, come on down to the Discord Server for RAADD and we will feed you to... erm, feed you all the info you need!

(All puns aside, we are looking for players interested in desining levels for RAADD. You don't actually get to interact with game sprites in a real world context, or have a chance to be devoured at lunch hour. All you need is to be competent with a computer, willing to communicate through our Discord Server, and willing to download Unity. We hope to see you on the chat!)
Battalia
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game