Raadd: Unity (Windows, Mac, Linux) [1.54] (Finally!)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Kitsune's have won (42% votes)! Which fur color and which vore type would you like.

Poll ended at Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:38 am

Blonde Kitsune, Oral Vore (Fire Type)
9%
Blonde Kitsune, Unbirth
13%
Blonde Kitsune, Anal Vore
8%
Silver/White Kitsune, Oral Vore (Holy Type)
9%
Silver/White Kitsune, Unbirth
22%
Silver/White Kitsune, Anal Vore
11%
Black Kitsune, Oral Vore (Dark Type)
6%
Black Kitsune, Unbirth
11%
Black Kitsune, Anal Vore
11%

Total votes : 418

Re: Raadd: Unity (Windows, Mac, Linux)

Postby Haysack » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:13 am

Woohooh! :D
/Best regards Haysack (aka Swedish horse nommer )
Haysack
Been posting for a bit

Postby RC8015 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:12 am

Ok, gave it several tries and heres my current feedback.

-The Mikus . They destroy me.They stack somehow infinite confusion, if you touch them, you get eaten. You cant prevent touching them sometimes though, as they stand on small platforms or behind sliding pasages. So they eat away your health quick and without a chance to resist sometimes.

-Frogs. Didnt manage to dodge one frog yet. They use their tounge and no matter if i jump, when i jump or if i just keep moving, they always hit me perfectly. Maybe i dont get something there.

-Slow movement speed/end of map. You dont move as fast as you did back in other versions. Reason is that currently, if you do not press right, you "stand" on your spot and (as the map keeps moving) you move to the edge of your screen. But even if you run, its not that easy to out run the end of the screen. And if you get stuck in a texture (when jumping on a platform or something like that) or get caught or slowed or something like that, you leave your screen too fast unless you are always on the right part of the screen. But if you stay at the right part of it, you cant see whats coming. You arent instantly dead if you leave the screen, but as you dont see anything then, you are dead in 99% after a few secounds of "cmon where the hell am I??"

- A kind of special button would be nice to use portals. Sometimes you dont want to use them (because you want to use the next teleporter to get to the food or something like that), but you have to jump in order to evade an attack. So sometimes you have no choice but to teleport. With a teleport button you could have the choice.

- Wind. Only had wind 2 times yet, but both times the stage started with 3 jumps. After 2 jumps i was already at the end of my screen, blown away.

- Thinks i enjoy: # The shop. I mean, its not something ground breaking, but somehow it entertains me.
#Textures: The game looks good, the screen is big, the ground looks nice. Not just a green ground or something like that
# the fact that the game is still the same thing and didnt totaly change to something else.

Thats all i could think of right now. Maybe i am alone with some things, maybe i am too stupid or bad in some parts, but thats just what i feel like.

Keep up the work guys, onward to new horizons^^
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ehur » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:43 am

eatme1234 wrote:the safest way past those swamp plant girls is to slide. Their monsterpedia entry (which isn't implemented yet) says that their weakspot is the top of their head, and they always assume prey will aim for it, so they swipe upwards. They cannot grab you if you slide.

When they're on a downward slope, you cannot slide under the attack. You can jump these, but it's excessively difficult when there's two in a row. Which wouldn't even be that bad in and of itself if it wasn't an instakill.

By the way, I watched a maid hit the edge of a ledge and fall over.
Spoiler: show
Ive fallen and I cant get up.png
Ive fallen and I cant get up.png (113.61 KiB) Viewed 2528 times

I don't know if that was intentional, but it was funny.
ehur
Somewhat familiar

Postby jaebomber » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:26 am

hey i like it ^_^
jaebomber
Somewhat familiar

Postby johnpocsmith » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Game looks awesome and is really fun. However it seems soo much harder than previous versions. The mikus i feel are too frequent for the difficulty they are to deal with and their placements feel unfair. I can't dodge one when sliding under a rock and she is just outside waiting. And i feel i get stuck on many ledges when trying to jump and end up getting game over. For the first version using unity though its fantastic just needs a little bit of polish.
johnpocsmith
New to the forum

Postby MrLoro » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Looks like the gameplay is heavily effected by FPS. Playing above 60FPS cause the camera to out run you, making the game impossible to play. If you have a high refresh rate monitor, you will need to limit the frame rate to 60.
MrLoro
New to the forum

Postby tgcidolfus » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Also forgot to mention, really liked the reappearance of the mermaid boss
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby calin22 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:22 pm

I very much enjoy it and can't wait to see the final product!

So far, my only gripes are:
Too many Mikus and too many leaks!
Jumping feels a bit weird, maybe platforms are higher or I'm not jumping as far/high as in the previous versions.
Very difficult enemies and terrain.
Map moving faster than character.

I really can't wait to see the garden and the skilltree fully come into play!

Will their be Giantesses again (maybe a secret level)? Also, I know there were some complaints about the jumping/unbirthing girls, but I didn't mind them so much. They were easy to dodge and you had to pay attention.

RAADD2 is fantastic and I can definitely see it overtaking its predecessor!
EAT ME, FIGHT ME, GIVE ME A HUG!!!
calin22
Somewhat familiar

Postby Riko » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:46 pm

I can't play the game really. The map passes faster than the character can run. The best I can do is 72m cause of this. :( So for me it's not really working out yet, but I'm glad this game is back ! Hope you'll be able to fix this. Or is this meant to be ?
Riko
Participator

Postby tritrium » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Riko wrote:I can't play the game really. The map passes faster than the character can run. The best I can do is 72m cause of this. :( So for me it's not really working out yet, but I'm glad this game is back ! Hope you'll be able to fix this. Or is this meant to be ?

You have to move forward yourself now, you dont automatically run at the same pace as the map goes.

As for the other issues mentioned so far:
Were currently fixing the most pressing issues like the mikus, leeks, etc...
After the balancing is fixed we will be looking into the other minor issues currently in the game.
Other then that, its pretty great to see were not dealing with gamebreaking crashes and shit anymore xD

So yea, stay tuned a fix is coming soon!
tritrium
Participator

Postby jaebomber » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:36 pm

is the press c to be digested thing coming back along with the animated cutscenes? :)
jaebomber
Somewhat familiar

Postby AwokenedWispKP » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:54 pm

So I'm not sure I can say anything that hasn't been said already, but from playing I can definitely say that the game actually knows just how unfair it is.

Firstly.. the Mikus, definitely a topic that has been brought up. The game knows it's so unfair that it just decides to remove the timer.. but I've actually gotten hit so many times.. that the number exceeds the maximum limit and then resets to zero before recounting. It's definitely easier to start in the Techno area than it is the plains.. just because of the lack of pitfalls which always has a Miku on each platform.. as far as I can tell. So.. please devour all the Miku in the areas they seriously shouldn't be in.

Next.. I've noticed a lack of the F.U.N running around, and that a lot of previously escapable preds are now heat seeking instant game-overs. There's a huge imbalance between the preds due to how there's the Very easy to escape preds which pretty much.. at most might take off a 5th or 6th of your health bar.. and then mixed in are these inescapable preds that spell game-over.. seemingly all over the place.. just mixed in with the easy preds. Having managed to deal with the techno zone, I ended up in the caves.. made it to about 1300m (I shorten each biome cuz I want to get up to the bosses) before getting pounced by an off screen Neko.. that also flung herself and me off a cliff. For the record.. if a maid jumps you and she falls off a cliff.. it softlocks the game.

After that.. it's something to point out that biomes are freaking long! I shortened it as much as possible and it still took 1075m to actually reach the end of a single biome. And while I like the fade to black thing as you enter a new biome.. kinda.. That pretty much makes me think that to reach a boss.. you have to reach 2000m.. which includes going through the instant death cat cave. And sure the length does allow for funny things like sideways Maids, it does actually mess up things like the techno biome.. at least from what I can tell.. as the teleporters actually don't spawn in the right places.. and in one case that actually dropped me off an off screen cliff. So even if the game will get much easier once the Ra(g)in of Leeks bullet hell event has been patched out, that's still pretty long.

What's more.. is that the shop.. definitely needs work. I have.. literally no idea if it's even possible to get skill points at this point in development, and if they're gotten from bosses.. gratz to anyone who's made it past the caves. It doesn't seem like Runes are currently a thing anymore either, although one of the skill tree marks mentions them. I understand that getting the game to function and working out kinks is important.. but.. the shop has kinda just been a tease for a good while.. and a lot of the things that would make getting up to the point of "challenging" bosses more easily.. are behind a clear glass wall. I admit I'm not that good at Raadd, but there's no amount of escape button mashing that can help once you've been grabbed by a neko-kitty or snagged by one of the plants. I don't mind if they remain instas, just a way to escape after you've unlocked it.

Now.. I guess for nitpick details? Volume is ridiculous, I do miss the monsterpedia.. along with the unlocked animations from seeing them.. I think. The Garden was a pretty neat feature, though as I recall.. the level of features you could do with your pets actually was just going to be feeding yourself to them.. though I think it'd be kind of nice to have a multi-option thing.. possibly based on how you've treated them or possibly separate things purchased in the store, like an option to be digested/reformed, spend the night for a boost, Eat them, Bring them along or something intimate. (though I realise that'd be a lot.. so.. ignore it?). Magical Forest is called "Swamp".. It'd be nice to actually be able to choose the weather, set it to random, default or turned off.. and um.. I have no idea where half the preds in the game are seeing as I think the Miku ate them all. Another thing I'd like to see is possible interactions between preds, kinda like in the garden.. but out in the wild. Like.. a demon maid in one of my runs actually landed on a slime puddle.. but nothing happened.. which was a little bit of a bummer. So it'd be kinda neat to see something happen on rare occasion.. maybe just to spice up each run. Like.. it'd be kind of interesting to see a fairy get attracted by the pitcherplant's scent, which after it was grabbed you'd be able to go through and get to a lower area it was blocking.. but to get it to happen you'd need to lure the fairy.. or something.

Anyway, I think I've gone just a bit too far.. especially seeing as I only played for about 6 hours. Sorry for mentioning things that had already been brought up.. and yeah.
AwokenedWispKP
Been posting for a bit

Postby VirtuosoViking » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:24 pm

AwokenedWispKP wrote:*lengthy and insightful post*

Well you have to remember that they moved over to the Unity engine, so there might not be some things here from the previous builds that couldn't be immediately implemented here. I'm sure there will be more features, enemies, and shop items later down the road.

As to my runs, I managed to get to the mermaid boss, finally! Then promptly got eaten 5 seconds later. Well at least it was a new thing for me. But anyway, I wanted to talk about the timed struggle. I feel that even when you wait and press the right button prompts, it won't help. I have never been able to quicktime my way out of a slime or a siren. The prompts come too slowly, and there are so many that you have to get right, but the enemy gets to you before you can escape. Maybe something like a rule of three struggle mechanic? Where you need three correct presses to escape, but three wrong ones will fail the entire struggle session before being eaten.
Also when I finally tried out the second swamp (I guess it's the forest), the faries would not stop shooting their magic. Even when they were offscreen. It started to get loud and annoying with all of the shooting sounds overlapping each other. I didn't even see if the offscreen projectiles were able to affect me.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that there seems to be a step in the forest that negates your ability to jump. Happened to me three times now on the same step.
And on another note, some of the slime placements in the caves suck. There's some right next to a pit, so if you get trapped, then your movement speed is slowed and it makes it extremely difficult to jump a gap when the movement speed already is limited. Hope we get some of those skills soon
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Morkeleb » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:32 am

Congrats, out of curiosity, where do you get your motivation from to program?
Morkeleb
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hedonism » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:12 am

Remember to throw in some positive feedback as well folks, don't underestimate how much a kind word or three and some appreciation go towards keeping a developer motivated.

The fly swatter is still out, but definitely far more stable on this engine. As the Japanese say, thank you for your hard work ;).
Hedonism
Been posting for a bit

Postby The_Prof » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:32 am

hmmm first impressions is that I have mostly the same critiques as well, I actually got the "tilted maid" thing Ehur had... Though mine went fully upside down and started bouncing on her head to chase me, was hilarious.

Shop kinda messes with my head a bit though, but I'll get used to it.

Overall the stability is much stronger and with some tweaks and bug fixes the game should be just fine
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby Bright » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:54 pm

How do I go about making a GameOver screen for an enemy?
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby vayne358 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Hedonism wrote:Remember to throw in some positive feedback as well folks, don't underestimate how much a kind word or three and some appreciation go towards keeping a developer motivated.

The fly swatter is still out, but definitely far more stable on this engine. As the Japanese say, thank you for your hard work ;).

I'm bad at this game so it's kinda hard to find other feedback when im suffering from permanent confusion and a barrage of mikus XD Defintily wanting to give more positive stuff once those issues are resolved.
vayne358
Somewhat familiar

Postby Creaturedude » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:14 pm

If the Mikus thrown weapons could either not stay in play forever, or be reduced in number, that would be a HUGE upgrade imo. As of now its a bit too hard.
Life is really fucking hard. It would be so much simpler if I were ass and tit fat.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:03 pm

@eatme1234, curious to know, why the move? Asking only because I'm a heavy GameMaker user and have found it easy to solve memory leak issues, and it's generally incredibly fast to prototype and design in (especially with the new level editor). I tried unity a few years back and found it clunky at the time--maybe it's changed? Big move, though! Were you dissatisfied with GMS2?
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game