The Prey, the Pred and the Hangman (v0.02 Alpha)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

The Prey, the Pred and the Hangman (v0.02 Alpha)

Postby LightDragon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:27 pm

Hello there !

I am currently making a little vore game with Game Maker : Studio.
Basically it is a little platformer in which you can play as a predator trying to eat several preys, or as a prey trying to escape/beat up several predators.
You can use the Right and Left keys to move your character and the Up key to jump.
V lets you eat a prey directly, C lets you eat a prey "indirectly" (what it means exactly will depend on which pred you control. It's a sort of special move).
When swallowing a prey, you'll have to go through a Quick Time Event to succeed.
D does nothing but enabling a debug mode.

Screenshots
Spoiler: show
http://hpics.li/b625eaeThis is the menu. The upper button on the menu lets you play as a pred, and the second one... too... But later it will let you play as a prey.
http://hpics.li/b983bd4
http://hpics.li/57855ec
http://hpics.li/225cced

http://hpics.li/043470b Sending a prey into the air
http://hpics.li/7f2e078 Following of the previous action
http://hpics.li/7c36ad7 The direct vore QTE

For now it is only a very early alpha version, so only Spyro (predator) is available to play, and only 4 sheeps are available as prey (just enough so you can see how the gameplay works ^^). Why Spyro ? Because there are lots of sprites of him around the internet, and I like him a lot. Also, there were sheep sprites along with his sprites.
Also, it is written in French, but since the only actual text is present on the menu buttons, you should not be too much lost :)

Here is de Zip download :
https://aryion.com/content/pred-prey-and-hangman

Also, do not be fooled by the "play as a prey" (second) button. It leads to the exact same stage as the "play as a predator" one :p

To finish with, here is a list of the features I want to add later, beginning with the higher priority :
- Correct some collision bugs.
- Making a proper set of levels (4-5 levels), and a story that goes with it.
- After adding a story I'll have to make an English translation.
- Adding different attacks for predators and prey. For example, a predator could sleep to double digestion damages, or preys could try to start a fire inside the pred's stomach. That could require items to find in the levels.
- Adding other prey and pred characters.
- And at some point it could be cool to add some sound... maybe...

Original post :
Spoiler: show
Hello there !

I am currently making a little vore game with Game Maker : Studio.
Basically it is a little platformer in witch you play as a predator trying to eat several preys, or as a prey trying to escape/beat up several predators.
You play with the Right and Left keys to move your character. Up key to jump, and V key to eat someone.
The upper button on the menu lets you play as a pred, and the second one... too... But later it will let you play as a prey.

For now it is only a very early alpha version (I began to program it 2 weeks ago), so only Spyro (predator) is available to play, and only 4 sheeps are available as prey (just enough so you can see how the gameplay works ^^). Why Spyro ? Because there are lots of sprites about him, and I like him a lot. Also, there were sheep sprites along with his sprites.
Also, it is written in French, but since the only actual text is present on the menu buttons, you should not be too much lost :)

Here is de Zip download :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7cjlw760tokm ... n.zip?dl=0

Also, do not be fooled by the "play as a prey" (second) button. It leads to the exact same stage as the "play as a predator" one :p

To finish with, here is a list of the features I want to add later, beginning with the higher priority :
- Adding different "vore steps" for each predator : neck, mouth, stomach, etc...
- Correct some collision bugs.
- Making a proper set of levels (4-5 levels), and a story that goes with it.
- After adding a story I will be forced to make an English translation.
- Adding different attacks for predators and prey. For example, a predator could sleep to double digestion damages, or preys could try to start a fire inside the pred's stomach. That could require items to find in the levels.
- Adding other prey and pred characters.
- And at some point it could be cool to add some sound... maybe...

So, I think everything is said. Sorry for not posting pictures, but I haven't found how to take screenshots within a game maker game.
:gulp:
Last edited by LightDragon on Sun May 14, 2017 10:40 am, edited 8 times in total.
LightDragon
Participator

Re: The Prey, the Pred and the Hangman (v0.01 Alpha)

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:39 pm

You can use the "Print Screen" button, open a Paint program, ctrl-V and it'll paste everything on your screen. You can edit the game out with the box-selection tool.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby VorianStormstride » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:44 pm

2 bugs so far. If you go into the cave at the bottom left, you won't be able to get out. If you eat all 4 sheep and they break free from your stomach, you stay throwing up and can't move.
VorianStormstride
Been posting for a bit

Postby LightDragon » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:45 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:You can use the "Print Screen" button, open a Paint program, ctrl-V and it'll paste everything on your screen. You can edit the game out with the box-selection tool.

Thanks, but I got a tool designed especially to screenshots, that's easier ^^

VorianStormstride wrote:2 bugs so far. If you go into the cave at the bottom left, you won't be able to get out. If you eat all 4 sheep and they break free from your stomach, you stay throwing up and can't move.
You can get out of the cave, it's just a bit tricky and glitchy. I may change manually the hitboxes.

The second one is actually not a bug. It's just that I'm not really sure what to do after the preys escape. I will either print a game over screen and restart the room, or implement a more subtle life system...
So I didn't program anything after throwing up ^^
LightDragon
Participator

Postby LightDragon » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:20 am

Finally ! I finished this "vore step" idea.

So basically, here are the new things :
- now upon pressing the V key, Spyro will take the "enemy" in his mouth, but you will have to complete a Quick Time Event to actually swallow it.
- you can now press the C key to send the prey into the air (the animation is a bit ugly though). You can then swallow it if you mash the M key.
- This is not a vore-related action, but you can press D to print all invisible objects in the game. It's useless except for debugging. And yes, there is an invisible illuminati eye that spies on you continuously. It's just a controller object I plan to use to program more complex events.

The next step is to make 4-5 levels and to add a story ^^
LightDragon
Participator

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:34 am

the file is missing, it says it was either taken down or moved
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Re: The Prey, the Pred and the Hangman (v0.02 Alpha)

Postby LightDragon » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:45 am

Ah, ok... I had simply erased the previous version from Dropbox and put the new one instead, thinking the link would still work. But apparently that's not how Dropbox works.
Anyway, I have replaced the link, so it should work now ;)
LightDragon
Participator

Postby LightDragon » Sat May 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Here are some news !

To begin with, I stopped using Dropbox, and I now use Eka's download section.

I have succeeded to make a dialogue system, as well as a one-way platform (a platform you can jump through if you are under it, and you can walk on if you are above it).
I also added a cut-scenes-playing object, as well as a new level.

I don't have any release now, because I still have to do a third level, write the story, and hand-draw the images for the cutscenes.
LightDragon
Participator

Postby Justin-Time » Sat May 13, 2017 9:00 pm

So, first, a question. How do you eat all the sheep and avoid throwing up, or is that not yet possible? I guess a better way to ask this is how can I keep the prey from draining my life and/or recover it?

Also, one more bug. This one's a bit tricky to explain but I believe I can. So, let's say you hit an object and want to jump over it. Well, most of the time you'd hold towards the object and hit jump. That doesn't work here. I jump, but I only move up, even when I'm clearly higher than the top of the object. Sure, jumping and then moving forwards works, but that's pretty tedious. This is probably related to why the cave's hard to get out of too.

EDIT: Actually, I'm wrong about the jumping bug. Memory must have tricked me. What actually happens is upon collision with the object you're stuck in place until you let go of the arrow keys, which leads to you falling. While you're stuck, your sprite animates as though you are moving.
Justin-Time
Been posting for a bit

Postby LightDragon » Sun May 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Justin-Time wrote:So, first, a question. How do you eat all the sheep and avoid throwing up, or is that not yet possible? I guess a better way to ask this is how can I keep the prey from draining my life and/or recover it?

It is not yet possible. You have to know your limits as a predator ^^
In a (foreign ?) future, I will add some items both for preds and preys, for example medicinal herbs allowing predators to recover endurance.

Yeah, I think I know where the problem comes from. In fact, the walls are flagged as "solid", which means that Game Maker first tries to move the entity inside the wall.
When it sees that it is not possible, it teleports the entity at the entity's previous coordinates, including y coordinate.
And of course this effect applies after the gravity's computing...
Well, now that I think about it, I may have a solution for this... I'll try that tomorrow.
LightDragon
Participator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Oh my gosh: I used to play Legend of Spyro - Ethernal Night on GBA emulators years back. Those screenshots bring back memories, even if they're obviously very different.

Anyway I would like to try this. Unfortunately the link in the first post no longer seems to work! Any alternative downloads please?
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Return to Vore game