Creating images

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Creating images

Postby RC8015 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:43 am

Hello guys,

a few days ago I started with the work on a RPG Maker MV game (yes, another one of them)

I'm working on it in my free time and slowly getting into how to create my game and how to create the vore parts.

The thing is: Currently I try to implement my first vore enemy (a spider girl); just i have no idea where and how to obtain sprites for that. So does anyone know where to get images and sprites from and how to manipulate them to create acceptable vore images? I'm not good at this right now, but willing to learn this stuff, so I'm more looking for "How-to-do" instead of finished work, because if i learn how to create this things, then I can do and get what ever I need for my game instead of having to adjust to the images and sprites i have and get.

Thanks for the help,

RC8015
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Creating images

Postby manv » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:47 am

Well. You will have to make them yourself. I doubt there is going to be any sprite you can already use without getting into copyright problems.
You can always ask for help to other artists on Eka's portal, or even commission the sprites to an artist who is willing to make them e-e
manv
New to the forum

Postby Krono » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:42 am

The most complete drider sprite set I can find is here: http://ameblo.jp/makapri/entry-11248777118.html
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RC8015 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:38 pm

And how do you create such things? I mean, all i currently have is Paint. And all these sprites and images (so even the ones created by other users) all are made in the same style, so is there any kind of program to create sprites and character pictures? Or is using paint (or another "normal" program) the best idea?
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Halcyon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:56 pm

RC8015 wrote:And how do you create such things? I mean, all i currently have is Paint. And all these sprites and images (so even the ones created by other users) all are made in the same style, so is there any kind of program to create sprites and character pictures? Or is using paint (or another "normal" program) the best idea?

By "made in the same style," It looks like you're referring to the fact that they're made in the RPG VX style of sprites. Although VX Ace comes with its own character generator (and I know that MV does too though I have not yet used it), many people use these as a base for making more complicated sprites like the ones linked here.

Personally, I edit my sprites using Photoshop instead of paint, as it's much easier to use magic wands and hue sliders and the like to change the color of features rather than just using the pencil too. Hope that helps :)
Halcyon
???

Postby Supeario » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:41 pm

RC8015 wrote:And how do you create such things? I mean, all i currently have is Paint. And all these sprites and images (so even the ones created by other users) all are made in the same style, so is there any kind of program to create sprites and character pictures? Or is using paint (or another "normal" program) the best idea?

For painting and photo editing I use Paint.net, it's easy to use and free. Although for SPRITE editing for RPG Maker VX Ace I use Game Character Hub, you can get it on Steam for around $10, do NOT get the Portfolio Edition, it isn't worth it, it only allows RPG Maker MV sprites to​ be made and that's it. Personally I'm not the best sprite artist but I could help you get started if you need it.

Game Character Hub can be purchased right here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/292230/
Supeario
New to the forum

Postby BizzareBlue » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:09 pm

https://opengameart.org/ is a good place to start looking for free sprites although there is very little furry stuff on there.

As for a program to edit or create images, I use gimp. It's not the easiest program to start with but it's free and very powerful.
BizzareBlue
Somewhat familiar

Postby RC8015 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:49 am

Ok, thanks for the help, slowly getting some hope for me again^^ Guess i will have to go for mostly sprite vore until I get better with all this stuff, but that is fine for me :)

The only thing im not sure about is: If i get this whole license stuff, then I am allowed to use all the stufff on https://opengameart.org/ for my game and can modify it as long as my game stays free and doesnt cost a thing, right?
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game