Not A Game Per Se

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Not A Game Per See

Postby LightDragon » Sun May 28, 2017 6:25 pm

The day and night messages are not editable yet, but it would be easy to make them editable.

By the way, here is the project :
https://aryion.com/content/hunger-game-simulator
I hope you have Python, because I absolutely don't know how to compile python scripts ^^
LightDragon
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue May 30, 2017 4:35 am

LightDragon wrote:The day and night messages are not editable yet, but it would be easy to make them editable.

I hope you have Python, because I absolutely don't know how to compile python scripts ^^

Don't have python, must look into getting that, awesome none the less.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Midir » Tue May 30, 2017 6:23 am

I haven't checked the code very carefully but I guess I have some questions, for example, aren't there randomize_list and pick_random nearly identical? There are already random.choice(list) and random.shuffle(list) in Python for that :P

I guess I could try hosting a website with it. If you want to continue working on it?.. I am not sure if I really see the appeal of this game for now, but it is not that hard to make it after all, and maybe I will like it later?
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kiyoa » Tue May 30, 2017 10:37 am

LightDragon wrote:The day and night messages are not editable yet, but it would be easy to make them editable.

This managed to catch my eye, so I attempted to give it a try. Unfortunately it seems to deliver a bunch of syntax errors and, curiously, only seems to generate screenshots of random sections of my desktop entitled "math." E: actually it seems to be screenshotting opened windows or setting up to capture a banded area by my mouse. Real weird.

./HungerGame.py: line 6: characters: command not found
./HungerGame.py: line 7: events_day: command not found
./HungerGame.py: line 8: events_night: command not found
./HungerGame.py: line 9: special_event_rate: command not found
./HungerGame.py: line 11: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./HungerGame.py: line 11: `def create_file_name() :'

Edit Again: having fiddled with this for probably too long, it looks like if it's compiled into a pyc, or run with "python HungerGame.py" it doesn't give the error, but also does not appear to do anything either (i.e. the program starts and appears to instantly die); running it with "./HungerGame.py" gives the error encountered above, which doesn't quite appear explicable looking at the code. It exits with a code 0 when run through with Geany, so there don't seem to be any errors. It's just closing without letting me do anything for some reason. Alas.
Kiyoa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Midir » Tue May 30, 2017 4:03 pm

Um it actually runs fine to me! It's just a bit tricky.
If you just execute the module it won't do anything really. You have to either open it in the IDLE and then execute it and continue in the shell mode, or just start a new python3 shell in bash and simply import HungerGame.py. And continue from there...

I am kind of curious how did you run it originally, there isn't anything in the code which includes working with the images...
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LightDragon » Tue May 30, 2017 4:20 pm

Hmm... Honestly, I almost never use Python outside of an Interactive Editor like Pyzo, but if I recall correctly it should work with just "python HungerGame.py".
Kiyoa wrote:
./HungerGame.py: line 6: characters: command not found
./HungerGame.py: line 7: events_day: command not found
./HungerGame.py: line 8: events_night: command not found
./HungerGame.py: line 9: special_event_rate: command not found
./HungerGame.py: line 11: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./HungerGame.py: line 11: `def create_file_name() :'
This is strange... lines 6 to 9 should be variable definition, not commands...
This program is made with Python 3.4. Maybe a version incompatibility ?

EDIT : I have another theory. In fact, all the program does is defining functions, and you have to call the functions manually in the console. So maybe your computer defines the functions, but since from it's point of view no input is required from the user, maybe it decides to just close the program without asking you ^^

Midir wrote:There are already random.choice(list) and random.shuffle(list) in Python for that
S... Seriously ?... Facepalm
Well, at least pick_random lest you choose how much elements you want to pick ^^
Anyway, thanks for the info, I will remember that o/

If you want to continue working on it?.. I am not sure if I really see the appeal of this game for now, but it is not that hard to make it after all, and maybe I will like it later?
I will try to add some other features, like text settings, event for the Cornucopia, and game rules defined by user.
LightDragon
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed May 31, 2017 5:58 am

Midir wrote:I haven't checked the code very carefully but I guess I have some questions, for example, aren't there randomize_list and pick_random nearly identical? There are already random.choice(list) and random.shuffle(list) in Python for that :P

I guess I could try hosting a website with it. If you want to continue working on it?.. I am not sure if I really see the appeal of this game for now, but it is not that hard to make it after all, and maybe I will like it later?

Has something changed? You seemed rather interested at the start.

For me the incentive is Vore Action in a short ammount of time where you don't know the exact outcome is.

You can form little storries in your head based on the events, sometimes one character destroys the competition, some times one character wins time and again, some times a character NEVER wins no matter how many times you run the sim, some characters have favored opponents(Even though its really random alot of the time the same characters will be the ones getting eachother), sometimes a character seems to have a favored method, characters who sould be on the same side often stab eachother in the backs.

It is just the template, and the immagination fills in the rest.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kiyoa » Wed May 31, 2017 1:49 pm

Following Midir's advice to try using it through IDLE I've got it working now. There are some bugs it seems with properly removing characters who've been eaten/killed when you're removing more than one of them at a time for some reason though. While I first noticed this due to two characters getting eaten twice, this seemed a particularly notable example, simply because the lamia eats everyone who's still alive and due to the order of eating Ritsuko should probably have "won":

A piercing yawn signals the arrival of an enormous Lamia, rising her head over the boughs! Curiously, she doesn't seem particularly threatening, blinking her eyes wearily as she notices the girls in her forest. "What the hell are you kids doing on my lawn?" she asks, slithering vaguely in their direction.

Caught in the open, Matoko Kino and Asuka Langley Soryu run to escape the great if sleepy serpent, making for the treeline. The two put on a burst of speed, outpacing the wobbly menace and putting good distance between them and their enormous pursuer. It seems they might just make it when suddenly from out of left field comes Nabiki Tendou in a blind panic, who crashes into them and sends them all stumbling. Before they can recover, the Lamia nabs all of them and for each in turn thoroughly tastes and then swallows them, leaving them them to helplessly wriggle in her tummy as they slowly digest.
Ryou runs hard, bouncing majestically as she runs from the giant, sleepy lamia! Just as it seems like she's about to reach the safety of a small cave, however, a giant hand neatly plucks her from the ground! Ryou gives a squeal of dismay as the naga stuffs her into her tight mouth and, with a moan, is promptly swallowed, her sexy body forming an alluring, wriggling bulge that soon disappears below the Lamia's collarbone.
Ritsuko Akagi runs hard, bouncing majestically as she runs from the giant, sleepy lamia! Just as it seems like she's about to reach the safety of a small cave, however, a giant hand neatly plucks her from the ground! Ritsuko Akagi gives a squeal of dismay as the naga stuffs her into her tight mouth and, with a moan, is promptly swallowed, her sexy body forming an alluring, wriggling bulge that soon disappears below the Lamia's collarbone.

Enter 'status' to see everyone's status. Enter anything else to proceed
status

Tributes who are still alive :

Asuka Langley Soryu

Fallen tributes :

--snip--

Enter 'status' to see everyone's status. Enter anything else to proceed

The Hunger Games now come to an end.
The last survivor is Asuka Langley Soryu therefore Tokyo3 is declared winner !

The particular event:
Code: Select all
subevent deadly;Watch it!;special;3;Caught in the open, #Player1 and #Player2 run to escape the great if sleepy serpent, making for the treeline. The two put on a burst of speed, outpacing the wobbly menace and putting good distance between them and their enormous pursuer. It seems they might just make it when suddenly from out of left field comes #Player3 in a blind panic, who crashes into them and sends them all stumbling. Before they can recover, the Lamia nabs all of them and for each in turn thoroughly tastes and then swallows them, leaving them them to helplessly wriggle in her tummy as they slowly digest.;[0];[1,2,3]
Kiyoa
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:20 am

Still don't have Python. Will the game eventually not need it, or should I get on aquiring python. Is it free?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby fieldmousse » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:20 pm

Python is free https://www.python.org/downloads/

Compiled Python (.pyc) still requires Python to be installed to run, but you can use something like http://www.pyinstaller.org/ (never used it myself) to create a .exe that has python inside

Game looks cool so far btw
fieldmousse
Participator

Postby LightDragon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:22 am

Kiyoa wrote:Following Midir's advice to try using it through IDLE I've got it working now. There are some bugs it seems with properly removing characters who've been eaten/killed when you're removing more than one of them at a time for some reason though.
Hmm... I don't know exactly where the problem comes from, but I'll search for it.

By the way, I made a small update. Now you should be able to define an event that will always play at the very beginning of the game, like the Cornucopia in Hunger Games.
You can also use #xhe1 #xim1 and #xis1 to use the pronouns he/she, him/her and his/her. The correct pronoun will be based on the character 1's gender (and the same goes for characters 2, 3...).
You can also set the messages for the beginning of day and night, and set the rate of special events.

I tried to use pyinstaller but it apparently doesn't work on my computer, sadly... For now I don't think I could make a standalone version.
LightDragon
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:31 am

fieldmousse wrote:Python is free https://www.python.org/downloads/

Compiled Python (.pyc) still requires Python to be installed to run, but you can use something like http://www.pyinstaller.org/ (never used it myself) to create a .exe that has python inside

Game looks cool so far btw

Thankyou. This will more then just help.

LightDragon wrote:Hmm... I don't know exactly where the problem comes from, but I'll search for it.

By the way, I made a small update. Now you should be able to define an event that will always play at the very beginning of the game, like the Cornucopia in Hunger Games.
You can also use #xhe1 #xim1 and #xis1 to use the pronouns he/she, him/her and his/her. The correct pronoun will be based on the character 1's gender (and the same goes for characters 2, 3...).
You can also set the messages for the beginning of day and night, and set the rate of special events.

I tried to use pyinstaller but it apparently doesn't work on my computer, sadly... For now I don't think I could make a standalone version.

Great to see progress. I hope the project is proving fufilling.

Oh, I was thinking, this definantly seems harder to implement then most of my suggestions
Spoiler: show
at least to my meager understanding of coding
, but do you think it would be possible to make a preds odds improve based on how many opponents the've consumed. Like they are gaining power from those they've eaten?

I know I've allready asked so much of this project, and I must say I'm truely happy to see all that's come of it. I mean these "Here's a game idea, GO" threads ALWAYS go nowhere, this could very well be the first sucessfull one.

Lightdragon you are a Man of the People, unless you are not a man, at which point you are still a Man of the People!
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:29 am

... So... Is this still being worked on?

I'm not owed anything, but I would rather not just allow this project to die without trying to spur at least a little life into it.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Vore game