PSA: Udemy(Online classes) is having a sale

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

PSA: Udemy(Online classes) is having a sale

Postby VVVx » Wed May 17, 2017 12:59 pm

This is a heads up for people who want to break into development. Udemy is having a learn fest sale, with most courses only costing 10 USD. You can get courses on Blender, GameMaker Studio, Unity, and Unreal Engine 4. I recommend the tuts from Benjamin Anderson for GameMaker, and Ben Tristem for both UE4 and Unity. Both instructors go into detail, and you can learn properly even if you are a beginner. However, I'd recommend a quick study into the basics of code structure first.

The sale ends on the 26th of May. Good luck.

Link: https://www.udemy.com/courses/developme ... velopment/
VVVx
Participator

Re: PSA: Udemy(Online classes) is having a sale

Postby TETRO » Thu May 18, 2017 6:06 pm

I had to look at your post history for a moment to make sure you weren't a spam bot, but you seem sentient ^^; .

Sounds interesting though.
"Be polite,
be professional,
but have a plan to eat everyone you meet."

-The Predator's Handbook
TETRO
Participator

Postby tritrium » Thu May 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Interesting find!
Its pretty much peanuts compared to what you are getting in return really
From the description, id recommend the basics of unity one by ben tristem since he apparently not just tells you what to do but also does things wrong so you really
get the understand what you are doing and arent blindly copying w/e hes doing.
Thats a key thing to have if you want to make something on your own afterwards
But other then that theres plenty of interesting looking stuff on there
tritrium
Participator

Postby tst12 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Whoah, do they really go for the prices that they have crossed out on the sale advertisement normally?
tst12
Participator

Postby warbrand4 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:09 pm

tst12 wrote:Whoah, do they really go for the prices that they have crossed out on the sale advertisement normally?

short answer is yes, long answer is not really.

classes like this tend to be done more by people in some schooling of some sort and sights like this offer discounts depending on a lot of things. the average price for something like this would be around 50 dollars. but yes their are people that pay 2-300 dollars for classes like this and this is by the looks of things some of the "lower end" classes nothing to advanced.

these look to teach but not show you how to expand on the teachings. though as pointed out any one that says problem solving in it tends to be of a higher quality.

That said their are plenty of free ways to learn, but a paid way actually gives you more of a reason to retain as you have an investment in it.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VVVx » Thu May 18, 2017 9:24 pm

tst12 wrote:Whoah, do they really go for the prices that they have crossed out on the sale advertisement normally?

From what I've read online, this sale happens for once or twice a year. Otherwise, yup. $200 down the drain, for something you might not even like doing. $10? Much better return on investment if you excel.

tritrium wrote:From the description, id recommend the basics of unity one by ben tristem since he apparently not just tells you what to do but also does things wrong so you really
get the understand what you are doing and arent blindly copying w/e hes doing.

Yup, that's the one I'm going through. I think I may have a text based vore game on the way soon. (Only been coding for a couple days, not very far in the course)

TETRO wrote:I had to look at your post history for a moment to make sure you weren't a spam bot, but you seem sentient .

Not a bot, just a lurker who thought this would be useful for others to know :)
VVVx
Participator

Postby VVVx » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:53 am

Seems like Udemy has started up another sale, same deal, running through June 20th.
VVVx
Participator

Postby gigaredpanther » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:11 am

"Quite the discount on those courses! Where did you hear about this?"

"Oh, uh, you know. Around." :oops:
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game