Discussion: Elements in vore games you dislike

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Discussion: Elements in vore games you dislike

Postby maleperduis » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:22 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
darkevilme wrote:not to toot my own horn, but i'm gonna. In discordia's tale I had a preference journal that helped to check/uncheck things. and In nomad there's preferences.txt file that allows the player to screen out say...CTF or CV. Admittedly, I don't have a preference tag for those who'd want to screen out demis. I do for ferals though and nomad contains no anthros at the present time. I suppose it's a matter of what I consider most banal that means demis don't get a tag.

Anyway. This is an idea I've implemented before so it's do-able and others should totally do it if they're catering to a broad range of fetishes.

No worries, and I'm glad someone did in fact consider this option! But yeah; I do believe the preference should be not just about vore type, but include every species and gender as well! There are a lot of people who are only okay with female preds, as there are many who are only okay with male ones... also there are folks who only want to see human preds, while on the other side people who are only into furry ones exclusively (myself goes here).

Therefore the best way to do this sounds like a list of independent options. Perhaps with checkboxes for each pred character, which is then registered to multiple categories it must match. Simple example:

Code: Select all
Types
[x] Soft Vore
[x] Anal Vore
[x] Cock Vore
[x] Unbirth

[x] Female
[x] Herm

Species:
[x] Human
[x] Anthro
[x] Feral

Also, in procedurally generated worlds where characters aren't set in stone, unchecked characters could perhaps not appear altogether! So instead of just selecting whether you see a vore scene, you choose what types of preds you're alright with encountering in the world to begin with. IIRC Nomad works like that, so it could go for this approach.

I feel like it's a difficult balance. On the one hand, a game takes a lot longer than a story or picture, so you want it to have a broad appeal. If the preferences are so specific that only a few people like it, it's hard to feel like it's worthwhile. On the other hand, trying to appeal to everyone can really get in the way and lead to things feeling watered down. There are different personalities, different speech patterns, different mannerisms, different character archetypes I associate with different genders, species, etc. So to write an appeal-to-everyone game, I'd have to either make my characters feel bland and generic, or multiply the amount of work I was doing by many times so that there were combinations for anyone. And that might make it a less fun project for me too, which is a really important factor.

Not all of that is applicable to all game types, of course. But finding a happy medium can be tough, and my own subjective feeling is that it's closer to the "narrow appeal" end of the spectrum
maleperduis
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Discussion: Elements in vore games you dislike

Postby mclaindog » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:51 am

empatheticapathy wrote:I always thought that Ryanshow's VVN handled this pretty well; being digested costs a life, you can buy more at a high price, and if you get digested without any to spare, you get an extra scene of the pred doing something unique with your soul. A few encounters can even destroy your extra lives without killing you.
It's a lot like the death system in Shadow of Mordor (which could also be applied to a vore game) where there is literally no way to permanently die for storyline reasons - but if an enemy kills you, they get promoted to a higher place in the evil army for doing so, which also makes them stronger and gives them more underlings. Plus, they'll remember having killed you and taunt you about it if you meet again (and just after death, if they kill you again). There are even extra taunts for if the same person kills you repeatedly.

Ahh that actually gives an idea for a game just mentioning it. It could be a game where you have a total amount of lives. Say it's a unique body disposition where your body is just a shell and your life force is inside of your soul. The amount of lives you have is the amount of times your soul can handle digestion.

This life force is benifical to said predator making them stronger. Heck for the willing people that want a pred to like them there could be a girl who is dieing and the only way to save her is to sacrifice a life. Now losing a life would mean you lose life force which would mean dieing actually makes you weaker either in hp or substituting mana with life force. The girl could feel bad and become a party member to help make up for what you sacrificed.

Finally since this is multiple lives with the pred that killed you getting stronger why not add weight gain or expansion so she can flaunt your added curves the next time you meet. Also say you die to the same girl each of your lives. Which is harder to do since she got stronger and moved up in the story progression while you got weaker... And some where in the story you get a extra live so to get the best died max times ending is harder. Since she has all your energy and your a weak little soul you could willingly offer the rest of your soul to your energy supplemented pred.

Heck this so called ultimate sacrifice to one girl could be considered the hell mode of the game since you won't be able to recruit any useful followers since all your lives are for her and you can't lose a fight besides the select fights. Now I know this would be hard to code and make so only do this senario for one or 3 preds.

Now for what this thread is actually asking of me. The thing I dislike the most is probably a fetish thing since examples of it are rare. I hate sudden game overs like most but what I hate the most about them is how hmm how to put this... If your a fatal prey like me your just food to the said pred no? Well a human is huge so the callorie intake should be a lot no? So like any food the after effects of the pred indulging on us should be shown. Heck I don't mind the fattening as much compared to suddenly your dead u did nothing major to the preds bod.

Well I'll admit my biggest kink would be adding to all the right places because the girl wouldn't want to work me off if I was useful. Heck I rarely am a willing pred but if my sacrifice could be the added fat that would change a girls life so be it. For example a girl who has nothing going for her body wise but is cute I wouldn't mind feeding myself to her knowing the extra fat on her will attract the next and so forth like a snow ball rolling down a mountain turning into a gigantic boulder all cause of me.

Examples of games from worse to best in the after effects department. Mystas games are done well and complete but sadly the most you tend to get is scat. There was a game where you force feed your self to a loli which made a dragon take her in as their kin instead of their meal good example of the willing prey. Nyaa adventure has a occasional end scene where your the girl that ate you for a bit some times flaunting her new you fattened curves. Forest monsters best example of a feeling like your actually part of her. Finally while not exactly Vore yet fox quest which the author seems to be paying more attention to the after effects then the transformation...
mclaindog
New to the forum

Postby sinsnail » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:51 am

sinsnail
Been posting for a bit

Previous

Return to Vore game