Looking to Assemble a Team

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Looking to Assemble a Team

Postby UBHunter » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:50 pm

Due to the lack of new ones on Eka's. I wanted to make my own. The Problem is that, while I can Write the Story and design the Game. I can't make the sprites, Program it, or any of that.

Does anyone know how I could go about getting people to join a Team to make a Vore Game? Really, I just need to find 2 people, A Sprite Artist, and Someone who can use anything pretty much (Most likely RPG Maker) to Program it.

I would want to make it a big Open RPG Vore game, where you can pretty much do whatever you want. You can try to date boys or girls like it's a dating sim, Defeat some evil badguy like its a true RPG, OR just mess around and Eat People like it's a Sandbox game.

I would want to have all kinds of Vore, plus options to turn on and off extra Fetishes, Like Disposal Scenes, Disposal Scenes with Diapers, Weight Gain, and pretty much anything I can get away with having an on or off feature.

I would also want the combat to feature the belly Mechanic from an RPG I played called Vore night. Where Prey has different Sizes, and you can only eat until you are full, and as you level up, you can eat more.

I would also want to include extra stats besides a belly one, like Digestion Speed and others.

Update:
Here is what I have designed so far. I will plan out the entire game, hopefully someone will want to help me out eventually.
Spoiler: show
Starting Stats
All Stats start at Level 1
As Male you start as 5 PsU
As Female you start as 4 PsU

Belly Size
Prey and Preds are measured in PsU's (Prey/Pred Size Units)
(Most Humans are 4 - 5 PsU's as an average)
Level 1 - You can hold 1 PsU
Level 2 - You can hold 5 PsU's
Level 3 - You can hold 10 PsU's
Level 4 - You can hold 20 PsU's

Breast Size
Level 1 - You can Hold 1 PsU
Level 2 - You can Hold 3 PsU's
Level 3 - You can Hold 6 PsU's
Level 4 - You can Hold 10 PsU's

Womb Size
Level 1 - You can Hold 3 PsU's
Level 2 - You can Hold 6 PsU's
Level 3 - You can hold 10 PsU's
Level 4 - You can Hold 15 PsU's

Digestion Speed
Level 1 - You can digest 1 PsU per in game day
Level 2 - You can digest 1 PsU per every 8 in game hours
Level 3 - You can digest 1 PsU per every 6 in game hours
Level 4 - You can digest 1 PsU per every 4 in game hours

Cum Digestion Speed
Level 1 - Digest 1 PsU per in game day
Level 2 - Digest 1 PsU every 6 in game hours
Level 3 - Digest 1 PsU every 4 in game hours
Level 4 - Digest 1 PsU every 2 in Game hours

Milk Digestion Speed
Level 1 - Digest 1 PsU per in game day
Level 2 - Digest 1 PsU every 6 in game hours
Level 3 - Digest 1 PsU every 4 in game hours
Level 4 - Digest 1 PsU every 2 in Game hours

Strength (Pred)
Both Pred and Prey Strength are the same stat, this is the Pred benefits
(1 PsU means 100% guarantee to Escape or Vore, no matter the level)
Level 1 - For every PsU, Decrease the chances of voring by 25%,
Level 2 - For every PsU, Decrease the Chances of voring by 10%,
Level 3 - For every PsU Decrease the chances of Voring by 5%
Level 4 - For every PsU Decrease the chances of voring by 1%,

Strength (Prey):
Both Pred and Prey strength stats are the same, this is just the Prey Benefits.

Level 1 - When Vored, you have a 10% Chance of an escape attempt being successful
Level 2 - When Vored you have a 20% Chance of an Escape attempt being successful
Level 3 - When Vored you have a 40% Chance of an Escape Attempt being successful
Level 4 - When Vored you have a 80% Chance of an Escape attempt being successful

Digestion restiance (Counts for All Vore)
Level 1 - Every 4 in game hours you digest 1 PsU.
Level 2 - Every 6 in game hours you digest 1 PsU
Level 3 - Every 12 in game hours you digest 1 PsU
Level 4 - Every in game day you digest 1 PsU

Ingestion - Doubles Digestion time, Given by Certain Prey, or Surpised Prey, Being full has a chance of causing this too.

Aroused - Halves Digestion time, Doubles your chance of being eaten. Increases chance of successful Unbirth or Cock Vore by 5%.

Full - Reach the max PsU your belly level allows. Halves Walking Speed

Hungry - Increases your chances of successfully eating Prey by 5%,

Fat (If WG is on) - Reach an PsU of 8, Halves Walking Speed.

Full Colon/Diaper (If Disposal is on) - Caused by digesting 3 or More PsU's Disables Anal Vore until Toilet or changing Table is used.

Need for Bathroom/Change (If Disposal is On) - Caused by digesting 6 or more PsU Units, Halves walking speed

Bathroom Emergency (If Disposal is On) - Caused by digesting 14 or more PsU's, decreases stats by 50%.

Messy (If Disposal is On): Caused by releasing Cum or Milk without a bottle or Condom

Unhealthy Prey (If Weight Gain is On) Caused by having a PsU of 8, makes you unattractive to other Preds, decreasing your chances of being eaten by 50%

Full Balls: Caused by Cock Voring 3 or More PsU's, Disables the ability to wear Clothing

Full Breasts: Caused by Breast Voring 3 or More PsU's, Disables the ability to wear clothing.

Disposal and Diaper Disposal (If on):
Both work the same and are simple Sprite/Dialogue Swaps. As PsU's are digested, they are stored as Digested PsU's, when atleast 3 Digested PsU's are stored either you will get a prompt that you need to go to the bathroom (Disposal) or you need a diaper change (Diaper Disposal), then you go to a bathroom and either select the toilet (Disposal) or a Table, Counter, or Changing Table (Diaper Disposal)
If both methods of disposal are turned off, then you need to do neither.
By using a Toilet or Changing Table, you can empty your Digested PsU's at any time. You can hold up to 20 Digested PsU's getting debuffs as you let it build.

Milk and Cum Disposal (If Disposal is turned on):
Rather than being stored, PsU's are simply digested and kept where they are. You can not empty your Breasts or Balls unless you digest all of the PsU's inside them. 1 digested PsU takes up 1 PsU of what you can hold. You can use a Bottle or Condom (Which you can buy at shops) to empty or balls or Breasts. Alternatively, beds will give you the option to empty them too, but you will get messy.

Weight gain (If on):
For Every 15 PsU's you digest you gain 1 PsU. You can gain up to 8 PsU's and have a Min of 4 PsU's.

There are ways you can work out to loose PsU's

Voring:
Oral:
In battle -
When in battle you can try to eat your opponent. People and Creatures have a preset restiance and strength (Their % for being Vored by you,) Depending on your strength, their PsU will decrease the chance you have of you successfully Voring them.

Out of Battle -
There are two ways to eat Someone out of battle, One is to convince them to be willing. Two is to try and force them down your throat. Convincing them will result in a 100% Chance of Eating them. Forcing them will increase your chances by 20%, as they won't expect you to try and devour them. Forcing them may give you the ingestion status

So if anyone wants to help, or knows how I can find People to help, please do.
Last edited by UBHunter on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
UBHunter
Somewhat familiar

Re: Looking to Assemble a Team

Postby Aleph-Null » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:24 am

Well, unless you are paying people, you will have to find people of like mind (in the specifics of your vore tastes) and make friends with them.

You are requesting two people to put in what will probably be a couple hundred hours of work for what I assume would be free, so they have to be into the work its self.

Edit P.S.

Posted to soon,

I should have also added that it would help your cause if you started to write a design document, and started to write the script for the game. This will show people that you understand game development, and are not just requesting people make a game for you. It will also show your tastes in both style of game, as well as fetish content.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MachineEgg » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:34 am

First off, saying you can write and design the game but not do any programming or art is a big turn off. Every programmer and game artist has their own ideas of games they want to make, making your game for no pay isn't going to attract anybody. So as it stands right now, you do not have a skillset worth collaborating with. You will either need to expand your skillset or show that you really know what you are doing when it comes to game design/writing.

Try doing a small solo project first, it will give you a feel for game creation and help prove that you can pull your own weight in a team situation. If you want to do the writing, start with making a text based game/interactive story.

Also, your goal list is severely over ambitious. Keeping the breadth of a project from expanding out of control is honestly one of the hardest parts of successful game design. You can always expand on a game later, but trying to do everything at once right out of the gate is a great way to drive a project into the dirt.
MachineEgg
Been posting for a bit

Postby mZmm » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:50 am

if you can do the writing and stuff just to make a text adventure game in something like Quest first
mZmm
Participator

Postby UBHunter » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:06 am

Thanks for all the info, I have designed entire fan games in the past, from story, to levels and bosses (Never made them because of my lack of Programing and Art Skills)

Maybe if I have a majority of the game on Paper, Someone with Simular tastes will want to help me Program it, make the art for it, and help me fix bad ideas and Plot holes.

Again Thanks.
UBHunter
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:00 am

MachineEgg wrote:First off, saying you can write and design the game but not do any programming or art is a big turn off. Every programmer and game artist has their own ideas of games they want to make, making your game for no pay isn't going to attract anybody. So as it stands right now, you do not have a skillset worth collaborating with. You will either need to expand your skillset or show that you really know what you are doing when it comes to game design/writing.

Try doing a small solo project first, it will give you a feel for game creation and help prove that you can pull your own weight in a team situation. If you want to do the writing, start with making a text based game/interactive story.

Also, your goal list is severely over ambitious. Keeping the breadth of a project from expanding out of control is honestly one of the hardest parts of successful game design. You can always expand on a game later, but trying to do everything at once right out of the gate is a great way to drive a project into the dirt.

Precisely. I've know quite a few "Idea" people before, and the problem is they don't bring anything to the table that any other member of the potential team can't do.

This also means they DON'T know what they are asking of people most of the time. I've seen it where they tell people to do ABSURDLY difficult time consuming tasks not realizing that what they want is near impossible.

If you want to be a "Designer" you have to know a Little bit of everyone's job. You don't necessarily have to be able to do it, but you have to have an understanding of it, in order to know what to ask for, and what is too much to ask of someone.

And yes your project is WAY too over reaching. There are people on this site who have set about making exclusively Vore Dating Sims, and taken years to make them, and they still are less then half finished with them.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:17 am

UBHunter wrote:Due to the lack of new ones on Eka's. I wanted to make my own. The Problem is that, while I can Write the Story and design the Game. I can't make the sprites, Program it, or any of that.

Does anyone know how I could go about getting people to join a Team to make a Vore Game? Really, I just need to find 2 people, A Sprite Artist, and Someone who can use anything pretty much (Most likely RPG Maker) to Program it.

I would want to make it a big Open RPG Vore game, where you can pretty much do whatever you want. You can try to date boys or girls like it's a dating sim, Defeat some evil badguy like its a true RPG, OR just mess around and Eat People like it's a Sandbox game.

I would want to have all kinds of Vore, plus options to turn on and off extra Fetishes, Like Disposal Scenes, Disposal Scenes with Diapers, Weight Gain, and pretty much anything I can get away with having an on or off feature.

I would also want the combat to feature the belly Mechanic from an RPG I played called Vore night. Where Prey has different Sizes, and you can only eat until you are full, and as you level up, you can eat more.

I would also want to include extra stats besides a belly one, like Digestion Speed and others.

So if anyone wants to help, or knows how I can find People to help, please do.

Wow this is a serious sense of Deja Vu. I speak from experience though when I say you will probably have little success in this. I've been seeking collaborators for an open world vore game for a while and got only occasional contributions. Mostly because those writers who could engage in frequent contributions will have their own commitments that they care more about. No one cares about your project as much as you do, deal with it.

And unlike you I have programming skills, prior vore games and I can point solidly to my own contributions to the game.

So yeah. Get some programming skills, then try asking again but do not be wildly optimistic. Right now you're coming up to the table with empty hands and expecting everyone else to bring the lion's share. At least if you come to the table with SOMETHING you'd be proposing an equitable arrangement not 'i'm gonna supervise while you do all the actual work for me'.
Developer of Nomad the vore game, now with a patreon
darkevilme
---

Postby Bright » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:51 am

UBHunter wrote:Thanks for all the info, I have designed entire fan games in the past, from story, to levels and bosses (Never made them because of my lack of Programing and Art Skills)
Again Thanks.

Are those something you could share in the form of a design document?
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:28 am

UBHunter wrote:I would want to make it a big Open RPG Vore game, where you can pretty much do whatever you want. You can try to date boys or girls like it's a dating sim, Defeat some evil badguy like its a true RPG, OR just mess around and Eat People like it's a Sandbox game.

Those couple sentences alone have created a scope that is improbable.

To fully flesh out just one those concepts is an incredibly time consuming venture.

Pick one thing you want to do, do it on quest or twine to pick up some rudimentary programming skill. These two platforms are simple even for novices.

Without any previous projects under your belt no one is going to come flocking to "A guy with design ideas"

Because we've all got ideas. And limited time.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby UBHunter » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:33 am

Geez, Why am I getting so much hate for being ambitious and wanting to be a designer.

I know how game development works, this is my final hopes and dreams for the idea, Yeah Some stuff will have to be cut. I KNOW that. My first goal is just to create an open World Vore RPG with no story or goal. Just some places you can explore, people and creatures you can fight/Vore, and maybe some side quests.

Then the other stuff are things I hope to add as time passes.

I also know that Game Designer, Game Artist, and Programmer are all separate Jobs. In real game development, You have a group of Designers sit down and draw and write out the ENTIRE game by themselves, everything they make sure is planned out. Then you have the Game Artists, which make sure that Sprites/Models are made for what the Game Designers have planned. Then you have the Programmers, which take what the Designers and Artists (And I am forgetting to mention Sound Artists) have made and put it all together.

Then you also have Bug Testers, who are separated and play select parts of the game for hours to attempt to break it in every way possible. I KNOW how game development works, I CAN design, I could handle the Sound and Music, and I can Bug Test. I just can't make good Sprites or Program. Designing takes a lot of work, You have to make the story enjoyable, you have to put effort in to avoid Annoying Plotholes, and you have to design every word and nook and cranny, so that the world you are trying to create is believable to the player.
UBHunter
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:12 am

UBHunter wrote:Geez, Why am I getting so much hate for being ambitious and wanting to be a designer.

Because every few months we get a thread of 'here is my great idea for a vore game, but i have no actual skills at implementing the idea, someone please make it for me'
The vore game community has become somewhat jaded to this.
I know how game development works, this is my final hopes and dreams for the idea, Yeah Some stuff will have to be cut. I KNOW that. My first goal is just to create an open World Vore RPG with no story or goal. Just some places you can explore, people and creatures you can fight/Vore, and maybe some side quests.

Oh good. But still, even that is an uphill road..trust me on this I know from experience. Seen as my current project is basically your first goal, and has been in development for over a year.
..Designing takes a lot of work, You have to make the story enjoyable, you have to put effort in to avoid Annoying Plotholes, and you have to design every word and nook and cranny, so that the world you are trying to create is believable to the player.

Designing does not take as much work as programming. You're forgetting a good few of your critics are games programmers who design AND IMPLEMENT their ideas. You don't know this of course, as you're not a programmer. But it is in fact true.

Now consider a question. There are other vore game projects going on. Why when looking to collaborate did you not ask to try and help the people involved in those projects? why instead did you attempt to start your own project so you could work on your idea? that is part of the reason why this project of yours to acquire a team is going to collapse. Those with skills and a willingness to work on vore games all have their own ideas. ideas aren't special, ideas are cheap.

the other reasons are of course you're not a programmer, artist or someone with a pedigree as a writer of fetish fiction.
darkevilme
---

Postby MachineEgg » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:17 pm

I have personally been on two projects where I got roped into someone else's idea, and a month in bailed because I realized that I was the only one doing any work. The only projects I have been on that got to a point that could be considered even somewhat complete were where everybody was fairly competent in their skillsets, there was a concrete deadline to keep us motivated, and we made HUGE cuts to gameplay. I'm not trying to hate on your ambitiousness, but as it stands, any project you start now will put you out of speaking terms with your teammates.

Game development is prone to failure under the best circumstances. So if you want to succeed you need the best start possible and then some. Also, your first game will be crap, that is just how it works. Put a hold on this idea for now and try working on a game with a very limited scope to start out.
MachineEgg
Been posting for a bit

Postby mZmm » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:17 pm

solo projects without deadlines are way more fun tbh

MachineEgg wrote:Also, your first game will be crap, that is just how it works.

also not necessarily true if you work on a public alpha/beta and receive feedback proper
mZmm
Participator

Postby Aleph-Null » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:20 pm

UBHunter wrote:Geez, Why am I getting so much hate for being ambitious and wanting to be a designer.

No one is giving you hate due to your ambitions, they are giving you hate because you are requesting that they spend an incredible amount of personal time on your project. What you are asking would be the equivalent of approaching some of your favorite artists and asking them to give you 20+ commission quality pieces for free. That is why I suggested that you make friends with people in game development first before setting up such a project.

There have been a lot of collaborations that have gone south, not just here, but in general. When you are pitching something to a jaded audience, you have to know the crowd, and communicate in a certain way. Your OP obviously rubbed people the wrong way.

You probably should have given a list of your work and experience in the OP. You want to write and design, so give examples of games you have designed. I know you don't have any completed computer games, but think pen and paper RPGs, board games, etc... You have no gallery, so give examples of your writing. Finally, tell people your previous game development experience so they know where you are coming from. For example, do you GM PnP RPGs, write outside of this community, etc...

You have stated that you are not an artist and can not program. You have also stated that you have not completed a game. I can't see how you would know how game development works simply due to lack of experience.

I also know that Game Designer, Game Artist, and Programmer are all separate Jobs. In real game development, You have a group of Designers sit down and draw and write out the ENTIRE game by themselves, everything they make sure is planned out. Then you have the Game Artists, which make sure that Sprites/Models are made for what the Game Designers have planned. Then you have the Programmers, which take what the Designers and Artists (And I am forgetting to mention Sound Artists) have made and put it all together.

First, I can not think of a single game designer that has zero programming experience. The game is a program, if you don't know how to design programs, you can't design games effectively. It would be like an interior decorator designing an office building without being an architect. It just wouldn't work.

There may be some cases where text adventures are written and designed by a writer, but that is very niche. When you say a "You have a group of Designers sit down and draw and write out the ENTIRE game by themselves, everything they make sure is planned out." you are talking about very large projects, and on the large projects, the designers were all developers at some point.

Second, Small projects don't really work as you described, there is a lot more collaboration. There has to be a lot of collaboration because you need the group to solve problems as a group.

Though you can go to school for game design, you can not get a job as a designer right out of school. People come out of school with an interdisciplinary skill set, or they don't get a job.

Then you also have Bug Testers, who are separated and play select parts of the game for hours to attempt to break it in every way possible. I KNOW how game development works, I CAN design, I could handle the Sound and Music, and I can Bug Test. I just can't make good Sprites or Program. Designing takes a lot of work, You have to make the story enjoyable, you have to put effort in to avoid Annoying Plotholes, and you have to design every word and nook and cranny, so that the world you are trying to create is believable to the player.

There are a lot of projects out there that could benefit from having a lead. I see a bunch of projects that have been spinning theirs wheels for years and basically have gone nowhere. I think to myself, "man, you need to write out a design document and set milestones." The reality is telling people that won't help. If I knew them well then maybe I could word things appropriately, but I don't know them well.

If you want people to develop in a certain way, or for a certain title, you have to inspire them. Developers are getting nothing out of developing for you, and joining a team on a large project carries an enormous risk of failure, and thus wasted time. You have to make people want what you want.

To do that you need two or three things,

First, to inspire people, you have to make them want to go play in your playground. You don't do that by listing things you can do, you do that by showing people, and making them imagine. You said you are going to write, so write. Start writing short stories from the world you want to create and post them in the artists valley. You will need to flesh out the world so it feels alive, and the tool you have said you can use is the pen.

Second, you need to mitigate fears of failure and headaches to come. Show people that you can develop by developing. Set up a text game to not only show your writing, but to show potential dialog trees and your ability to design. Think of this like writing interactions that could exist in the game you want to make. You will also need a solid design document with realistic goals for the artists and programmers. Estimate the workload you are requesting of people, and be creative in minimizing the work load without minimizing the scope of the game.

The third thing is the one separated by the "or" above. You will probably need to have some level of personal connection/familiarity with people. You don't have to be best friends, but no one wants to hop into a group with a bunch of people they don't know on a project that could take years. Get to know people, so everyone knows they can work together, and have similar interests fetish wise.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:35 pm

I don't think it's hate (at least, not most of it) - more like a bucket of water over the head. I doubt anyone here would 'hate' to see you succeed in creating the game you describe. It would actually be pretty amazing. I think collectively we all just know there's virtually no chance of that happening. Not because we somehow know you and know you won't be able to pull it off, but because we know it would be nearly impossible for anyone to realize a project of the scope you describe entirely using volunteers from this community.

Rather than allow you to try and fail people are trying (although maybe not in the gentlest of ways) to get you to consider adjusting your scope or expectations to something that's reasonably attainable. Because if you try and fail then you get frustrated and likely anyone you end up involving gets frustrated and maybe next time nobody bothers. It sucks to lose people who want to contribute to situations like that, and nobody wins when projects spontaneously fold like that. Ultimately I'd like everyone who wants to contribute to succeed, since more success means more stuff for everyone. :)
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:45 am

Criticism is not hate.

If you view it like that, then you will never have a hope in hell of Improving your self, or producing any game.

And the reason you are reciving so much CRITICISM, is because you clearly don't understand what you are asking. There are very experianced people here, and what we are telling you is NOT "you suck", but "Your game is IMPOSSIBLE." RPG maker is not some magic tool thats easy to use and pops out games with little effort. The game you are proposing would take YEARS to make, skills beyond reasonable expectations, and Vast amounts of contributor time.

And you are saying all that, paired with the fact that you bring nothing but the "Idea", and the "Plan", that, lets face it, is clearly not going to be very useful. COMMAS!!!

Simply put, you have to understand coding, to understand what you need from your coder. You can't just say, I want the character to be able to do combat, and expect that the coder can fill in the gaps.

The reason everyone is calling you out on this, is because we've seen your type before, and you can't expect people to help you make your game when you aren't going to help with anything, but the idea.

If thats how it's going to be working with you, Why wouldn't we just work on our own things?

darkevilme wrote:Because every few months we get a thread of 'here is my great idea for a vore game, but i have no actual skills at implementing the idea, someone please make it for me'
The vore game community has become somewhat jaded to this.

Yeah, I'm just about the only one who's ever succeded at doing that...

DON'T LOOK AT ME I'M JUST A FILTHY ANIMATOR!!! I KNOW MY SKILLS AREN"T AS IMPORTANT AS A PROGRAMMERS!!!

WHY IS MY BRAIN SO BAD AT PROGRAMMING WHY!!!!!!!!!!
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Revx_Z » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:51 am

Seifens wrote:

I don't think it's hate (at least, not most of it) - more like a bucket of water over the head. I doubt anyone here would 'hate' to see you succeed in creating the game you describe. It would actually be pretty amazing. I think collectively we all just know there's virtually no chance of that happening. Not because we somehow know you and know you won't be able to pull it off, but because we know it would be nearly impossible for anyone to realize a project of the scope you describe entirely using volunteers from this community.

@Seifens: I disagree, it is hate, but the word "hate" has gotten a very negative connotation attached to it that makes people shy away from using the word. But I think what's going on in this thread is to a great extent a well-deserved legitimate sort of hate because UBHunter is a beggar asking for people to do lots and lots of work in exchange for almost nothing, in a forum where a lot of people are already sick of this kind of beggar saying "I have an idea, please implement it for me."

@UBHunter: Talk is cheap. Ideas are cheap. And some of your "ideas" veer into the realm of feature requests, which are worse than cheap: they are a negative contribution to a project because they imply that other people must do more work to get those features implemented. If you want people to do lots of work for you, don't offer them ideas, offer them money.

Let's put this in perspective with a historical example: 20 years ago Crash Bandicoot came out. It had a development budget of about $2 million.
Development tools are much better these days, so let's imagine it could be made now for one-tenth the price.
And let's imagine you only want about one-tenth of the features, since this doesn't have to be a mass market game.
And then there's inflation, which has perhaps roughly halved the value of money since then.
That's still ten thousand dollars of development.

This is why you are being told, with various degrees of politeness, that your grand ambitious project is stillborn. You are begging for people to donate something on the scale of ten thousand dollars' worth of work. Not gonna happen.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:38 pm

Because no one is impressed with your desires to be just the designer.

Every game creator on here already does the job you want on top of most if not all the rest of the tasks.

What makes you and your idea so special that you shouldn't put in the work that all the other creators do?

I'm not seeing anything that impresses me. And also importantly nothing that motivates me.

I program professionally for $40 an hour.

I do writing commissions for a fraction of that here, and give discounts to commissioners I like.

What've you got to offer? Your gratitude? I've got that from all the free stuff I make already.

You're bargaining with nothing on the table but glory...

And we're all mercenaries.

Good luck.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby WobblyWolfess » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:45 pm

As with I agree with everyone here, I'd like to give my own opinion here.

Simply being a designer won't bring you much. To assemble a team, try to sign up to be the designer of someone who needs one, who needs to commission someone for their game; albeit sprites, icons, landscapes, backdrops, etc. Once they see that you're good at what you do, see if they'd be happy to come back to you for help, but realize that you cannot force yourself on them, they are free to make their own choices. You cannot simply request a large team for such a big project that would take years, if not a full decade to complete. Not to mention they would probably want to be paid for their work, which by the way, the average funding in a game would be atleast a solid $20,000,000(Probably a good amount for an indie game with a toaster for a budget, and that's only that high because it has to be an open world game)-$256,000,000(this is especially if you're making a AAA game such as GTA V). To dedicate that much time for a project that doesn't pay at all would be willingly risking your life for something meaningless, I hate to be blunt, but the world genuinely revolves around money. If you cannot make money off of time wasting effort, there really isn't a reason to do such a thing unless it's in between or something to do in your free time that isn't completely time consuming.

Not to mention that if this is entirely out of free time, you'll have a lot of staff changes and new people coming in and out that the game will be a huge cluster of disorganization and cognitive dissonance.

It's a shame to say this, but you'll just have to start from the bottom and slowly make your way up. I wish you lots of luck on your endeavors though.
WobblyWolfess
Been posting for a bit

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:00 pm

Here's something helpful.

Consider this post by manv

https://aryion.com/g4/view/396154

They are literally asking to form a team the same as you were. And just a month ago.

They got many volunteers and this project is already finished and released in under a month.

I'd urge you to identify the key differences between your request and theirs.

A few I notice:
Clear definition of roles and tasks still needed.
Roles and tasks already accomplished or covered.
Scope clearly defined, manageable and planned. (Visual novel, 10 scenes at least, all anal vore)
manv is fairly new to creating content but enthusiastic and known for making things for the community already

I had considered throwing my hat into the ring but others had already volunteered for tasks that manv needed.

I only just remembered this post by them but I can't deny the complete reversal of response from them to you when there isn't that much difference. I find it peculiar tbh and it deserved some psychological prodding to try and think of exactly WHY the responses were so drastically different, my own included.
ryanshowseason3
???

Next

Return to Vore game