Update Belly Priestess 12/13/2017, a platformer vore game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Update Belly Priestess 12/13/2017, a platformer vore gam

Postby Anesthetic » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:42 am

I'm stunned that I just realised that the game is called Belly Priestess, not Princess.

I was confused when I played it as to why I was playing as a shrine maiden.

Great Progress by the way. This has come so far from what was initially shown.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ChillMistressFreia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:06 pm

Cute new sprites! Looks like the belly growth is out, but hey, still a fun little game.
ChillMistressFreia
---

Postby el_dogo_rabbit » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:23 pm

scottypilgrim wrote:wish they ate you the same way if you are defeated~. Still a great game ^_^!

You are in luck, as the game isn't finished none of the "defeated" animations are in the game.

ChillMistressFreia wrote:Cute new sprites! Looks like the belly growth is out, but hey, still a fun little game.

Nope! Belly growth isn't in the game yet because all of the sprites aren't finished.

The priestess' belly growing and the enemies eating the priestess are two of the things yet to be added to the game. Other things to be added are things like an opening cut scene, a game over screen, a big hub area that would lead to different parts of the forest, like a swamp area, some power ups, a few more enemies, and some bosses.

If anyone can think of anything else you'd like to see in this game, if I like it and its not too complicated, I can try adding it to the game.
el_dogo_rabbit
Been posting for a bit

Postby el_dogo_rabbit » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Also sorry for the long moments of silence, coding and troubleshooting takes time. Adding the inhaling ability to the priestess took way longer then I thought it would.
el_dogo_rabbit
Been posting for a bit

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:09 am

"Inhaling ability"? What's that?
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby RC8015 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:35 am

Kirby here we come :D
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby el_dogo_rabbit » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:14 am

AnonymousRandomAnon wrote:"Inhaling ability"? What's that?

Its what Kirby does, the Priestess sucks in air and possible a monster girl and gains a temporary ability. It is technically working but I haven't released a demo with this ability because with no animations for it it looks really weird.
el_dogo_rabbit
Been posting for a bit

Postby vorelectric » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:51 am

If you're taking ideas down, then why not, for the longer levels, put in small "Shrines" to the Goddess to act as Checkpoints? If you're eaten by a creature you can be resurrected there, but only if you have enough lives(If you have a life system planned anyway)

Alternatively, they can be used to send the souls of the animals she's already eaten/digested straight to the Goddess at the end of the level. Go there too early and she'll digest them on the spot before going back to "Collect" the ones she missed.

Or both, if that's possible.

I don't want you to fall to the dreaded "Feature Creep" as is common with these types of games, so don't push yourself too hard. I wish you luck for the new year, but please take a break when you need it mate.
vorelectric
Participator

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:39 am

Yeah, if you're looking for ideas, there's thousands of idea-people on Eka's Portal.
I have a few ideas:
-Animal based passive powerups: Eat enough rabbits, get a higher/extra jump, eat enough cats, get faster running, etc. Maybe just tie it to the story and unlock them as you progress.
-Stomach capacity: Start the game only being able to hold X number of animals, unlock bigger capacity through game progress, when near full, move slower, or be heavier (push down buttons, perhaps?) When 100% full, get an outie belly button.
-Unlock cute accessories for your character: Eat enough rabbits, unlock rabbit ears, etc. Toggle through a costume menu.
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Walker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:40 am

Just played the new demo, didn't have a chance to play the prior version.
I really, really like the concept here. The vore animations for the Priestess are adorable. With the right sound effects (and obviously more content) this game would easily be one of my favourites. A vore platformer has been needed like nobody's business and this is certainly a worthy entry.

Now for some suggestions. Harpies would be a cool enemy. They could function like parakoopas from Mario Bros. or have more sporadic movements. I don't know if any form of attacking besides jumping is planned, but if it is there could be certain types of harpies that either need to be jumped on or attacked in order to stun them- as doing the incorrect action would result in you taking a hit. The different types of harpies could be denoted by their colour and/or design.

Another would be slimes. I love slimes. The objective of this game is to save all of the 'animals' from the forest, but I am not sure whether or not slimes would count toward this. If they do, then a certain ability would be needed to eat them. Without it, they will do a lot more damage than the other enemies. Otherwise, assuming slimes are not to be saved, they could be un-killable threats who will eat you very quickly if you get too close. I would personalty prefer the latter, as I've always seen slimes as something of a greater threat in non-rpg vore games. Plus I mean who doesn't wanna get eaten by a slime girl? I mean come on.

Two last suggestions. First, I don't know if this was in the last build or not, but I would really love for enemies to be able to eat you. Especially bosses once those are a thing. One of the main draws of vore games I find is that there is an incentive to win so as to see more content, but also to lose because... well, I mean getting eaten usually means you died so, yeah. Death animations would make this game go a long, long way.
And finally, going off of my last suggestion, it would be great to have an enemy whom you have to be eaten by in order to eat them in turn. Slimes could work for this, or even giant/very large animals who eat you on sight. Then, once inside their bellies you need to massage them from the inside until they fall asleep or otherwise become pacified- at which point you can get out, and eat them yourself. Gotta love prey who become predators~

Great job on this game. I can tell a lot of effort has gone into it and I sincerely hope this reaches the goals you have in mind. Best of luck to you in your endeavours, and I greatly look forward to the net update.
I take literature commissions! Click the link below to see my gallery, and be sure to tell me what you think~!
https://aryion.com/g4/gallery/CardinalExeroth
Walker
Been posting for a bit

Postby el_dogo_rabbit » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:42 pm

I was wondering why there are some suggestions to add things that were already on my list of things to add. Then I noticed I forgot to put my list of things to be added on the first post, so I have done that now.

If you're taking ideas down, then why not, for the longer levels, put in small "Shrines" to the Goddess to act as Checkpoints? If you're eaten by a creature you can be resurrected there, but only if you have enough lives(If you have a life system planned anyway)

There are checkpoints in the game but I'm not sure why I didn't think to make them shrines.

-Unlock cute accessories for your character: Eat enough rabbits, unlock rabbit ears, etc. Toggle through a costume menu.

This is a good idea I didn't think of that I really want to do. I'll see how much it will cost to do this.

it would be great to have an enemy whom you have to be eaten by in order to eat them in turn. Slimes could work for this, or even giant/very large animals who eat you on sight. Then, once inside their bellies you need to massage them from the inside until they fall asleep or otherwise become pacified- at which point you can get out, and eat them yourself. Gotta love prey who become predators~

This isn't a bad idea, I'll see if I can work this in if its not to difficult.
el_dogo_rabbit
Been posting for a bit

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:03 am

el_dogo_rabbit wrote:I was wondering why there are some suggestions to add things that were already on my list of things to add. Then I noticed I forgot to put my list of things to be added on the first post, so I have done that now.

There are checkpoints in the game but I'm not sure why I didn't think to make them shrines.

This is a good idea I didn't think of that I really want to do. I'll see how much it will cost to do this.

it would be great to have an enemy whom you have to be eaten by in order to eat them in turn. Slimes could work for this, or even giant/very large animals who eat you on sight. Then, once inside their bellies you need to massage them from the inside until they fall asleep or otherwise become pacified- at which point you can get out, and eat them yourself. Gotta love prey who become predators~

This isn't a bad idea, I'll see if I can work this in if its not to difficult.

On the third idea, might be worth it to take out the middleman and just have her suck the slime up from the inside. Wouldn't work with other creatures, though.
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby sizehunter » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:08 am

An idea that may work for the goddess shrines... If you stick around one long enough the protagonist could do an idle animation where the goddess appears and stuffs her inside herself, just cause the deity is bored waiting. Moving would make you struggle out.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby Draupnir7 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:35 pm

sizehunter wrote:An idea that may work for the goddess shrines... If you stick around one long enough the protagonist could do an idle animation where the goddess appears and stuffs her inside herself, just cause the deity is bored waiting. Moving would make you struggle out.

Heck, that could be worked into 'cashing in' your catches in some way.
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby sizehunter » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:03 pm

Draupnir7 wrote:
sizehunter wrote:An idea that may work for the goddess shrines... If you stick around one long enough the protagonist could do an idle animation where the goddess appears and stuffs her inside herself, just cause the deity is bored waiting. Moving would make you struggle out.

Heck, that could be worked into 'cashing in' your catches in some way.

The goddess' excuse could be keeping you safe while you rest, but we'd know better lol. I also like the idea of cashing in like that.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby Draupnir7 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:16 pm

I'd like to check out the new spritework, but... Dropbox is being janky and refuses to let me direct-download, make an account, or sign in through Google. Any suggestions?
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby 101jimmy123 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Can you add a megadownload link?
101jimmy123
New to the forum

Postby el_dogo_rabbit » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:01 pm

Hello, sorry for the delay. It seems like some people were having issues with the dropbox link so I added a megadownload link. Please let me know if you are having issues downloading the game.
el_dogo_rabbit
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:19 am

So cute and sexy! I look very much forward to seeing where this goes, hopefully it won't fall into development hell like Hungry Girl Adventure did(At least what we were left with is still pretty fucking hot.).
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
Turbotowns
???

Postby el_dogo_rabbit » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Don't worry this wont fall into a development hell. Progress is being made a little at a time due to how little time I have to work on it. Its funny, I started designing Belly Priestess using Hunger Girl Adventure as a base, the mechanics are basically the same.

I'm almost done coding the next mechanic and it now has a title screen where you can start or quit the game, though the rest of it is a blank screen right now. After this coding is done I'll focus on polish and getting sound effects and background music in there too.
el_dogo_rabbit
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game