Chance of Digestion 99% - Visualless demo

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What character visuals would you prefer?

Photo manip (Not overly controllable, but cheap and easy and easy to make cohesive graphics)
42%
Image manip (Hard to make cohesive graphics, but cheap and easy, and more controllable)
44%
Commissioned/Collaborator unique artwork (Possibly expensive and long wait times, but much more cohesive and graphics can be perfected to whatever the vision is) [WARNING - Option may require the use of services of Patreon to fund development]
14%

Total votes : 59

Re: Chance of Digestion 99% - Visualless demo

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:15 am

empatheticapathy wrote:
TheVoreEngineer wrote:The typing thing is a hard thing to choose between, and in the end, it ultimately comes down to how many abilities are included in the final product. I'd like to make it a list, but if that list consists of a bunch of clutter, is it really worth it. I will look at reducing screens for the level up in the actual game as well.

I honestly feel like even with a small number of special moves, making the players type it out will just make things feel more repetitive, which is something you usually want to avoid exacerbating in RPGs since the battling is repetitive by nature.
I could see the typing working if it added something (ie: if there were hidden moves the game doesn't tell you about; or if you can get joke responses by typing silly things, or misspelling ability names), but if it doesn't, I really think the players are just gonna wish they could be picking from a menu instead.

After much consideration, I have decided to put a capped number of abilities, with the value set at 12. Due to this amount, I'm pretty sure that I can make a list. I agree, that at the end of the day the goal is to make the product less tedious, so hopefully using a list means that should be the case, but still. I haven't even filled up all the slots yet (If anyone has suggestions, happy to hear em by the way.) so it should be more than enough. I might have to put my joke responses in with the naming screen instead. :P

Thank you for the feedback again however, this kinda stuff is indeed the things I want to iron out as I work on building these systems up!
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby Seifens » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:52 am

One thing I was thinking about as I was playing was how RPS systems usually frustrate me. It's an even shot as to whether you win or lose if the computer is playing at random. This game isn't so bad, as there are stats as well so it's not a simple win/loss on a coin flip, but even so a way to improve things occurred to me.

The mind reading power aside, if you had a way of influencing your opponent's actions in a predictable way you could plan your moves ahead. My thought was something along the lines of if you charm one one turn then rest on the next, your opponent calls you a tease and attacks on the following turn. Or if you attack then charm, your opponent tells you they aren't into emotional games and will have a greatly reduced chance to charm for the next few rounds. Maybe until you attack, one opponent will respond to your charms with charms of their own. Different opponents would have different such openings, so learning each one would require some experimentation, but finding them would be like finding a weak point and in some cases you could hint at them in the pre-fight dialog if there's going to be any. They'd make dealing with that opponent much easier on subsequent encounters and give different enemies unique responses that serve to build their characters.

Another mechanic (or layer, depending) that might work is something like response commands from Kingdom Hearts 2. Once you meet certain criteria in combat, you get a special command you can use specific to the enemy you're targeting. The results of using the command vary, and some enemies have more than one, but generally they give you some kind of situational advantage. This would be a decent way of keeping the options the player has at any given time limited. You almost always have the three basic commands, but if you do the right things maybe the poker player encounter gives you a 'read tells' button that hints your opponent's next move, or the college student gives you access to a 'study break' action that's a combination rest/charm, that sort of thing.

I guess it just depends how complex you want to get with your enemy AI.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:22 am

Seifens wrote:One thing I was thinking about as I was playing was how RPS systems usually frustrate me. It's an even shot as to whether you win or lose if the computer is playing at random. This game isn't so bad, as there are stats as well so it's not a simple win/loss on a coin flip, but even so a way to improve things occurred to me.

The mind reading power aside, if you had a way of influencing your opponent's actions in a predictable way you could plan your moves ahead. My thought was something along the lines of if you charm one one turn then rest on the next, your opponent calls you a tease and attacks on the following turn. Or if you attack then charm, your opponent tells you they aren't into emotional games and will have a greatly reduced chance to charm for the next few rounds. Maybe until you attack, one opponent will respond to your charms with charms of their own. Different opponents would have different such openings, so learning each one would require some experimentation, but finding them would be like finding a weak point and in some cases you could hint at them in the pre-fight dialog if there's going to be any. They'd make dealing with that opponent much easier on subsequent encounters and give different enemies unique responses that serve to build their characters.

Another mechanic (or layer, depending) that might work is something like response commands from Kingdom Hearts 2. Once you meet certain criteria in combat, you get a special command you can use specific to the enemy you're targeting. The results of using the command vary, and some enemies have more than one, but generally they give you some kind of situational advantage. This would be a decent way of keeping the options the player has at any given time limited. You almost always have the three basic commands, but if you do the right things maybe the poker player encounter gives you a 'read tells' button that hints your opponent's next move, or the college student gives you access to a 'study break' action that's a combination rest/charm, that sort of thing.

I guess it just depends how complex you want to get with your enemy AI.

Thank you for the detailed response!
Unfortunately, to program that kind of AI for the variance of enemies that I wish to be able to create, that just will not be feasible time wise. However, for sure I am looking at specific battles in the game running its own slightly more advanced AI. Don't worry, it won't be anything horrible, all enemies will have common sense protocols such as resting when their stamina is getting low, or having unique ratios of attacking or charming, however what you're suggesting, while also needing to create a compelling story while also focusing on creating an enjoyable vore experience as well means that the mechanics, while important, are never going to be the pinnacle of the game.
At the end of the day, all I want out of the combat system is something that sustains the gameplay somewhat, without being too in-depth or difficult. I don't want the game to be a cakewalk either, but in depth mechanics like that have the ability to turn away people who don't want to learn a bunch of mechanics for a vore game. If you compare two people, a non-gamer and a gamer, the non-gamer will be able to grasp the mechanics of the game and enjoy the vore, while those who know how to play games well will not really hang around for the mechanics, but will hang around for the vore. By having the game play more simply, it lowers the overall bar of entry.

Sorry if I seem negative, but on the bright side, I can tell you that this post for sure helped me come up with some spell ideas, which unless anything amazing comes up, will be great spells from what I can see so far. Again, thank you so much for the indepth analysis and help :)

PS: The main post has been edited in with some spell ideas. While I go back to working on the town menu, would love to hear your thoughts on these suggestions
Come check out my stuff!
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:10 am

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, real life keeping me busy while also working on the game is eating up most of my time, so I'm not really having all too much time to spend on Eka's, however, I will be happy to note some of the things coming along nicely. Again, opinions are all welcome and constructive criticism is especially useful going forward!

Combat: REWRITTEN
After tireless work, the combat system has been rewritten from the ground up. No longer does the combat operate off If statements and If statements and If statements. Now, combat uses much more fluid system that is much more customizable. Now combat takes into account how many prey you're currently holding (What, you thought you could digest people instantly, nice try there god.) and takes you down a peg if you're too greedy. Combat now also has...

Abilities: FIGHT WITH A VENGENCE
Abilities are now also a part of combat, with the current list now being the main abilities available, with a total of 15 to unlock throughout the game. While some may be choices, you'll eventually get the ability to pick up the ones you missed. But, the abilities may not be all that overpowered, sure they can help, but, with some help, maybe they can be even more. With help, that is, from...

The Witch: BLACK MAGIC HAS NEVER BEEN THIS USEFUL
Within the towns that you will travel to, there will always be someone, watching through dark magic. Through completing certain objectives, you may be able to meet this magical mistress, and with her power, she can empower your spells to something a little more, powerful. Are you not liking how your clairvoyance won't always give you stat bars for your enemies? Well, the witch can help with that. Some more powerful abilities may only come from the witch as well, so be on the lookout. But the witch doesn't take any old money for payment, instead, she takes...

Spirit: SOMETIMES ENEMIES CAN BE YOUR BEST FRIENDS
Spirit is an alternate currency that mainly comes from eating others. As their bodies disintegrate within your tracts, their souls cannot escape, leaving you with some nice spirit. While other sources for this revered currency do exist, such as exchanging gold with the witch, you'll get most of it from your prey. But, if you want to get more spirit, you can always change...

Vore Types: YOUR PREY, YOUR WAY
What, you thought that you could only use your mouth to eat people. Yeah right, and my grandmother's name is Gertrude. (Don't you dare search that up.) Eat your prey four different ways as the game progresses, either orally, anally, unbirth or soul vore. All four do something slightly different, you'll have to find out how each works. But how do you unlock these? well...

No, actually, that's it for today. While the majority of these things are programmed in (mind you half correctly, still needs a lot of fixing.) I'll be releasing a demo for these mechanics soon. Stay tuned (All a discord might be coming, stay alert for that :) )
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:50 am

CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS REGARDING THE ABILITY CREATIVE COMBO!

Hello everyone, right now the programming on the re-written combat engine is going rather smoothly, however, right now I would like to request ideas from you guys for different combinations that can be done through the Creative combo ability

if you have any ideas, please post with the following format.
Combo name:
3 input or 4 input combo:
Input order:
General effect:

thanks everyone <3
Come check out my stuff!
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby RC8015 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:54 am

TheVoreEngineer wrote:Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, real life keeping me busy while also working on the game is eating up most of my time, so I'm not really having all too much time to spend on Eka's, [...]

We are used to wait for a few months without real information from some devs sometimes, so no worries :D And most here at least know that a game takes mjuch time and work into it, so I dont think we all here get mad if we dont get an update/info each day^^.

The abilities in the poll sound great, just have to look how balanced they are in the game later, as some games tend to bring in some unbalanced things and you end up repeating the same combos over and over.

(Have NOT played by the way, so if ability names are wrong, pardon me :( Internet slow and busy updating and downloading other things, so I wait and get it sometime later. But I am very interested in what I read here^^)

Creative combo: The standart toooootaly "creative" combo of course is to repeat the same move 3 times.So:
Charming series
Charm Charm Charm
Reduces enemies charm resistance/Deals extra charm damage (One of this, or maybe both. Im not good at balancing)

Repeat for all the things!

Boon thief
Clairvoyance Turn Warp Turn Warp
Takes all positive buffs from the enemy away (and adds them to you) (not sure how strong it would be if you get the enemies buffs, so yea^^)

Mighty innsanity
Inner-sanity Armored Argonaut Frenzy (When you REALLY hate that enemy)
Empowers your stats even more, but also increases your stamina cost for all abilities until one of you is out of the fight.

No idea if any of this is any good, but always worth a try^^

EDIT:

Why didnt i think sooner of that!

Wabbajack
Creative combo Creative combo Creative combo
Its random. Might kill you, might turn the enemy into a chicken, or summon the allmighty C'thulu himself. We have no idea, so go ahead and try it for yourself. Totaly creative on its own.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:03 am

Ok, I've had some time to work on the game, and hopefully, in the next couple of weeks, I can get out a cool little more correctly put together the demo, not featuring adventuring sections. However, unfortunately, the game is still visual-less character wise, as I haven't come to a full decision on whether I want to do photo manip (much easier to find content and self-create but isn't the general direction I was originally hoping to go with.), character editing (harder to create a cohesive style, however makes life easier and/or less expensive.) or attempting to either find someone willing to donate character drawings, or try to save up enough to get enough money to commission characters (much easier to create a cohesive unique style, but updates would be MUCH less frequent if this occurred.) As to not seem like I'm just saying "I've done something?" I've got two things to share...

1) The switch viewpoint button.

Let's face it. This is a vore game, you're gonna die to become prey at some point. But you might prefer POV to just seeing the belly, and that's where the switch viewpoint button comes in. With a click of the button, switch from seeing your predator enjoy you, to seeing the depths of their gut as your described your fate. The choice is up to you...

2) The game over screen

It may not seem interesting, but an art asset to continue with the style.
Who knew dying could be so dark, and red it seems.
Spoiler: show

Anyhoo, I better get back to creating that brand new content, hopefully, to be seen soon!
~TheVoreEngineer.
Come check out my stuff!
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby Winkle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:12 pm

What kind of vore is in this game?
Winkle
New to the forum

Postby Redatheart » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:57 pm

I find myself every now and then wondering "The CYOA guy who dropped the schoolteacher project must've died", then you pop into reality again. You're always welcome back! The Switch POV idea is fantastic! It's been missing from almost every CYOA is one form or another.
Can you post some of your Photomanip work?
Redatheart
Participator

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:46 am

First off, that project aint dead, just iceboxed.
Secondly, no manips yet, still deciding on the art direction, which is why I've also put it up to a vote.
Come check out my stuff!
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby Indighost » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:37 am

I have to say the GUI is fantastic. Really nice interface. The text is a bit slow though, but maybe that's because I like fast paced games.

I don't think there's enough gameplay yet for me to comment on it.

Thanks for your work and for sharing this :)
Indighost
---

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:31 am

Indighost wrote:I have to say the GUI is fantastic. Really nice interface. The text is a bit slow though, but maybe that's because I like fast paced games.

I don't think there's enough gameplay yet for me to comment on it.

Thanks for your work and for sharing this :)

Yeah, nowhere to any the amount of gameplay content yet to judge that! XD
In terms of text speed, however, you can change that in the preferences menu if I remember correctly to have the speed go either faster or slower.

PS New content getting closer to completion now, hopefully soon a new demo can come out...
Come check out my stuff!
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Previous

Return to Vore game