Insides v.0.2 is out! 11/08/2017

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Insides v.0.2 is out! 11/08/2017

Postby DevS098 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:38 am

Insides (Title is not definitive yet)

A dungeon crawling game with vore elements!

This is my first project on RPG maker VX Ace. Despite having some experience with it, until now I wasn't able to take one of my ideas for a vore game at least to a demo stage, so I hope you will appreciate my efforts! :-D

Will you be able to help the small fairy Nexie to save his world or your life will end into someone's body?
Find it out in this intriguing dungeon exploring game!

Right now the project is in a tech demo stage: the demo content shouldn't be too different from what it is now in the finished game (unless there are some unresolved bugs) but I will definitely try to improve the dialogues (they aren't so good right now) by myself or maybe with the help of a more experienced writer.
The main plot is also still work in progress but at least with this demo you can see the main game mechanics.

And sorry if I've done some mistakes. My english isn't perfect. ^_^'

Edit 11/08/2017:
I've decided to keep the title "Insides"
The game is now updated to v.0.2!

Download (v0.2)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/olel0964t ... v0%2C2.zip

Screenshots:
Pic6.PNG
Pic1.png
Pic2.png
Pic3.png

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
-v.0.1
-first release of the game

-v.0.2
- All japanese file have been renamed so now the problem should be fixed
- The first real dungeon has been added! I hope that you have trained well because now your life is on the plate!
- Know everything you need with the help of the Creature Almanac!
- You do remember what Nexie said about slimes right?
- Two random weather variations has been added! Each one with their own music! (except during boss battles). They have low chance to appear but be careful!
- Some more surprises..

Note: To play RPG maker VX Ace games, you need the RPG VX Ace RTP that can be found here
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/add ... e-packages
Last edited by DevS098 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Check out my vore game! viewtopic.php?f=79&t=50803
DevS098
Been posting for a bit

Re: Insides(WIP Title) First Demo

Postby eusuna » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:03 am

Tried the demo. while it's shot. I can see this becoming a fun.
also, I like that you added a way for the character to survive even after being eaten.

I will be looking forward to see what you will come up with next as if you plan on continuing the game
eusuna
Somewhat familiar

Postby sizehunter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:40 am

How's about screenshots? I can't play rpg maker games, and by the time I can, I'll probably have stopped caring for playing games altogether. The downside of linux...
sizehunter
Somewhat familiar

Postby DevS098 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:21 am

sizehunter wrote:How's about screenshots? I can't play rpg maker games, and by the time I can, I'll probably have stopped caring for playing games altogether. The downside of linux...

Have you tried PlayonLinux? Cannot guarantee that it will work but you may try to use that
DevS098
Been posting for a bit

Postby Atines » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:42 am

I like the idea your going for but atm the game demo is bull crap cuz how am i to beat a lvl when i keep geting seen through walls.
Atines
New to the forum

Postby sizehunter » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:18 pm

DevS098 wrote:
sizehunter wrote:How's about screenshots? I can't play rpg maker games, and by the time I can, I'll probably have stopped caring for playing games altogether. The downside of linux...

Have you tried PlayonLinux? Cannot guarantee that it will work but you may try to use that

Tried a couple of times, but no luck.
sizehunter
Somewhat familiar

Postby bebopy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:06 pm

I liked it, it's short, but it did a good job of establishing mechanics, vore stages, and enemies, I'm excited to see more come from this, good job.
bebopy
Somewhat familiar

Postby nullstuff » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Wow! Excellent job, especially for just a demo. There's definitely a ton of potential here; I'd love to see mixes of enemies on a single map, different digestive systems for different enemies, different vore types... Perhaps some sort of way to irritate the pred's stomach, in order to have them release the player closer to the goal than the very beginning? Also, I love the polish this game has, even as just a demo. The various camera movements, like the zoom-in on the pred when the player is eaten, the long shot over the whole level, really make the game feel solid and smooth. Right now, the game (especially the second level) is a bit difficult, but I think it's a welcome challenge. It really feels good to get that little shot of fear and adrenaline when you're sighted by one of the preds. Plus, with the fairly short digestive system, it's really not too much of a setback to get caught. All in all, I absolutely love it, I'm super excited to see where you take this!
nullstuff
Been posting for a bit

Postby tgcidolfus » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:59 pm

Tried it a few times, but was unable to get past the point just after the character naming section, I'm assuming a character or language pack is missing from the download link as I get this msg:

Unable to find file:
Graphics/Characters/*language I don't have*

When I check the file mentioned, I noticed there are various symbols in each of the character pictures, that could be giving me the problem.
tgcidolfus
Somewhat familiar

Postby sizehunter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:12 am

Still would like screenshots. The title screen, an outside pic, and an internal one should do for advertising your game DevS098.
sizehunter
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:01 am

tgcidolfus wrote:Tried it a few times, but was unable to get past the point just after the character naming section, I'm assuming a character or language pack is missing from the download link as I get this msg:

Unable to find file:

When I check the file mentioned, I noticed there are various symbols in each of the character pictures, that could be giving me the problem.

Yep, same here with the issue unfortunately
ImageImage
TheVoreEngineer
Somewhat familiar

Blog: View Blog (7)

Postby Liz » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:27 am

Demo worked fine for me ^^

Enjoyed the idea -was cute and challenging :)
Liz
---

Blog: View Blog (260)

Postby RC8015 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

Can you include a few screenshots of the game and art? My internet is very slow, so I cant just download and try everything what sounds interesting or is new. So I always have to decide if its worth blocking all my internet for an hour (and yes, 23 mb need that long here)^^
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
RC8015
Somewhat familiar

Postby DevS098 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:35 pm

TheVoreEngineer wrote:
tgcidolfus wrote:Tried it a few times, but was unable to get past the point just after the character naming section, I'm assuming a character or language pack is missing from the download link as I get this msg:

Unable to find file:

Yep, same here with the issue unfortunately

Probably happened because some files had a japanese name. Anyway, I've renamed then, so in the next update the problem should be gone.
I've also added few screens in the main post, as some of you requested.

And at last I would also like to show you this new feature I'm currently working on:
Pic4.PNG
Pic5.PNG
DevS098
Been posting for a bit

Postby sizehunter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:50 pm

Hey Dev. I just had an idea that you may or may not use... Perhaps on some floors of the dungeon, there could be friendly characters who would heal you from digestion damage via unbirth, like a harpy with differently colored wings, or a rabbit girl.
sizehunter
Somewhat familiar

Postby Madmaxman » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:13 pm

I'm using Linux as well, this game runs nicely under Wine. Just install the RTP and you should be good to go.
Madmaxman
Somewhat familiar

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby sizehunter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Got the graphics names problem, so I hope that's fixed in the next update.
sizehunter
Somewhat familiar

Postby nullstuff » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:49 pm

Just out of curiosity, will we be seeing any sort of traps or obstacles on the maps? Immobile, inconspicuous tiles that could freeze the player in place, alert nearby preds, perhaps even transport them to a more dangerous area of the map if triggered?
nullstuff
Been posting for a bit

Postby DevS098 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:05 pm

nullstuff wrote:Just out of curiosity, will we be seeing any sort of traps or obstacles on the maps? Immobile, inconspicuous tiles that could freeze the player in place, alert nearby preds, perhaps even transport them to a more dangerous area of the map if triggered?

Other then escaping predators bodies, another key of the gameplay are puzzles so yes, something like this will definitely happen. I'm also planning to do map-sized events that will bring a little more variety to the gameplay, for example random weather conditions that will affect players and/or events in various manners.
DevS098
Been posting for a bit

Postby sizehunter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:07 pm

DevS098 wrote:
nullstuff wrote:Just out of curiosity, will we be seeing any sort of traps or obstacles on the maps? Immobile, inconspicuous tiles that could freeze the player in place, alert nearby preds, perhaps even transport them to a more dangerous area of the map if triggered?

Other then escaping predators bodies, another key of the gameplay are puzzles so yes, something like this will definitely happen. I'm also planning to do map-sized events that will bring a little more variety to the gameplay, for example random weather conditions that will affect players and/or events in various manners.

Such as rain making slimes and frog girls faster, if you add the latter, or a clear sunny day increasing the chance of a friendly healer. Are those two good examples you may use?
sizehunter
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game