Insides -- v.0.55 9/03/2019 (Important Announcement)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Would you like to:

Poll ended at Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:02 am

get the new update sooner but with some missing scenes
19%
sit down and wait until everything is ready
81%

Total votes : 36

Re: Insides update v.0.415 21/12/2017

Postby ian66613 » Sun May 13, 2018 5:53 am

SpyIsSpy wrote:Glad to hear, however, that new slimes are going to be completely the opposite!

I didn't know we were ever getting new slimes /shrug Must be buried in this thread deep, deep down in like, a full paragraph that I can't be bothered to read.

Edit: If you were talking about my suggestions on what to add to the game, then no. We technically don't have the resources to make fully fledged areas like a desert / oasis. I was barely able to hobble together a Yuki Onna sprite and portrait with my own ability to alter and construct images from other images/etc.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby SpyIsSpy » Mon May 14, 2018 6:25 pm

ian66613 wrote:So, it's been a while since I made a suggestion here, but even though Dev is busy working on the game, I thought I'd like to make this suggestion. My previous suggestions are here:

But for this suggestion...

Desert Area
This area, similar to the above snow area, would have a meter that tracks your heat. You would slowly take damage while it is full. In order to reduce it, you must find oases, or places with a lot of shade, or caves. In the desert, enemies that have adapted to the harsh area's heat and lack of fauna/flora will be presented:

Oasis Slime Girl
A lighter blue colored slime girl that lives only near Oases. Unlike their sisters elsewhere, these slime girls tend to stay away from eating others. They will slowly move around, and will not bother looking to see if you're in their path of movement. If you are moved into by one of them, you will simply be taken into their body. Your heat will go down as they move about with you inside, and then you will be able to try and escape them. The harsh heat disallows their bodies to form any acids, and they survive simply by taking in water from nearby water sources. The insides of their body lack air, so you will take damage anywhere in their body as long as you are in them. They are more to slow you down than to kill you.

So my fault was assuming that these were actual implementations. Man I hate the slimes, they're really buzzkills.
You make really elaborate posts, btw. And to that, I thought you were one of any working on the project.
SpyIsSpy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Mon May 14, 2018 9:11 pm

ian66613 wrote:So, it's been a while since I made a suggestion here, but even though Dev is busy working on the game, I thought I'd like to make this suggestion. My previous suggestions are here:

But for this suggestion...

Desert Area
This area, similar to the above snow area, would have a meter that tracks your heat. You would slowly take damage while it is full. In order to reduce it, you must find oases, or places with a lot of shade, or caves. In the desert, enemies that have adapted to the harsh area's heat and lack of fauna/flora will be presented:

Oasis Slime Girl
A lighter blue colored slime girl that lives only near Oases. Unlike their sisters elsewhere, these slime girls tend to stay away from eating others. They will slowly move around, and will not bother looking to see if you're in their path of movement. If you are moved into by one of them, you will simply be taken into their body. Your heat will go down as they move about with you inside, and then you will be able to try and escape them. The harsh heat disallows their bodies to form any acids, and they survive simply by taking in water from nearby water sources. The insides of their body lack air, so you will take damage anywhere in their body as long as you are in them. They are more to slow you down than to kill you.

Woah mind if i steal that idea ian? I might try to implement that in an odd way though.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ian66613 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:15 am

Orosaki wrote:Woah mind if i steal that idea ian? I might try to implement that in an odd way though.

Go ahead.
ian66613
---

Postby sizehunter » Tue May 15, 2018 4:13 pm

For the desert, apart from the oasis slimes, maybe the preds in the sandy region don't have stomachs flooded with acid, but rather pools that you should try to avoid. The trade off is that the digestive juices are stronger than normal, though you would cool down in the belly, as you're technically in shade.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby ian66613 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:11 pm

We have no desert themed sprites for enemies nor portraits. Desert won't happen until we do.

Similarly, we only have one wintry/cold/snow-themed enemy that I had to hobble together. (She isn't nude yet either, Dev will probably have to take time to make her sprite such.) So after this large update, we probably won't see another update for a long time. Since we need sprites the most, and as I've said in the past, I've already tried to get people to help make sprites, to no avail. (On reddit, on this thread, on giantesscity's thread, etc.)

Dev REALLY doesn't want to resort to donations to get someone to commission sprites. He also has a pretty slow computer that takes forever to actually render the game.
ian66613
---

Postby Orosaki » Fri May 18, 2018 9:19 pm

ian66613 wrote:We have no desert themed sprites for enemies nor portraits. Desert won't happen until we do.

Similarly, we only have one wintry/cold/snow-themed enemy that I had to hobble together. (She isn't nude yet either, Dev will probably have to take time to make her sprite such.) So after this large update, we probably won't see another update for a long time. Since we need sprites the most, and as I've said in the past, I've already tried to get people to help make sprites, to no avail. (On reddit, on this thread, on giantesscity's thread, etc.)

Dev REALLY doesn't want to resort to donations to get someone to commission sprites. He also has a pretty slow computer that takes forever to actually render the game.

Heh its funny you guys need sprites while our team can't start without a scripter. We're both deadlocked.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InverseTacquito » Sat May 19, 2018 12:15 am

Came back to try out the new build, see if any of the insistence for balancing was followed. Aaand it was summarily ignored; passed over semi-mockingly with notion of an "easy mode" at that. Look, people are still telling you, balance the game. No, it's not lowering the difficulty, it's making the difficulty not artificial. There's no consistency to being spotted and not, the amount of dead end traps is terrible, and while the game is well-written and I love when the endo dungeon crawls are a thing, getting eaten by the same neko for the seventh time because I literally didn't have enough sprint to escape its field of view because it can see you from offscreen and inevitably was sandwiched between another infuriating arbitrary dead end or another enemy with no means of avoiding both, there's just no appeal left.

This seriously has gotta stop, too many people have said it already. At the very least, bare minimum basic comprehension of working game design, make the initiating of pursuit properly by line of sight, and not from offscreen. Obstacles between the player and enemy should also prevent being spotted; that's just common sense. Being able to see the enemy on screen before they can see you is a player privilege, not an NPC one. It encourages pause and thinking about how you're going to navigate the problem, not having to make a sudden mad dash in a random direction and rely on luck to not run into a dead end because being anywhere remotely near the enemy's entire area of movement means you're going to be spotted and chased even if there's a wall of hedges between you and them. A player should never be subjected to an obstacle they literally are unable to see nor prepare for in any extent.

And no, the brief flash of the area map, that you only see once, does not show you the entirety of nor gives you a fair idea for the enemy's range of movement before aggro, absolutely does not mitigate that.
"Anyone, anywhere can be a success. The key is lowering your standards."
InverseTacquito
Somewhat familiar

Postby CreeperBoy » Sat May 19, 2018 2:54 am

InverseTacquito wrote:Came back to try out the new build, see if any of the insistence for balancing was followed. Aaand it was summarily ignored; passed over semi-mockingly with notion of an "easy mode" at that. Look, people are still telling you, balance the game. No, it's not lowering the difficulty, it's making the difficulty not artificial. There's no consistency to being spotted and not, the amount of dead end traps is terrible, and while the game is well-written and I love when the endo dungeon crawls are a thing, getting eaten by the same neko for the seventh time because I literally didn't have enough sprint to escape its field of view because it can see you from offscreen and inevitably was sandwiched between another infuriating arbitrary dead end or another enemy with no means of avoiding both, there's just no appeal left.

This seriously has gotta stop, too many people have said it already. At the very least, bare minimum basic comprehension of working game design, make the initiating of pursuit properly by line of sight, and not from offscreen. Obstacles between the player and enemy should also prevent being spotted; that's just common sense. Being able to see the enemy on screen before they can see you is a player privilege, not an NPC one. It encourages pause and thinking about how you're going to navigate the problem, not having to make a sudden mad dash in a random direction and rely on luck to not run into a dead end because being anywhere remotely near the enemy's entire area of movement means you're going to be spotted and chased even if there's a wall of hedges between you and them. A player should never be subjected to an obstacle they literally are unable to see nor prepare for in any extent.

And no, the brief flash of the area map, that you only see once, does not show you the entirety of nor gives you a fair idea for the enemy's range of movement before aggro, absolutely does not mitigate that.

Bro, chill out! From what I understand, "Easy mode" has yet to be implemented fully, if at all.

And for future reference, if you want to provide criticism, do it in such a way that it doesn't sound like you're attacking the person. You can really damage someone's resolve to finish a project if you do nothing but attack it. I agree, the game should be made a little easier, but like you said, many people have already said the same thing, and the creator has said he will be doing something to fix the difficulty curve soon.
CreeperBoy
Been posting for a bit

Postby DevS098 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:10 am

InverseTacquito wrote:Came back to try out the new build, see if any of the insistence for balancing was followed. Aaand it was summarily ignored; passed over semi-mockingly with notion of an "easy mode" at that. Look, people are still telling you, balance the game. No, it's not lowering the difficulty, it's making the difficulty not artificial. There's no consistency to being spotted and not, the amount of dead end traps is terrible, and while the game is well-written and I love when the endo dungeon crawls are a thing, getting eaten by the same neko for the seventh time because I literally didn't have enough sprint to escape its field of view because it can see you from offscreen and inevitably was sandwiched between another infuriating arbitrary dead end or another enemy with no means of avoiding both, there's just no appeal left.

And seriously, you gonna stop throwing so much shit on my game. You think there is a team of dozen or more people behind this wall, ready to realize anything that wish? Well, guess what? NO!
It's just me, adding tons and tons of stuffs on my first ever public game project, having be so lucky that my efforts on this game have convinced some marvelous guys to help me for free to make this game even better!
Instead of coming here for the third time to just say that you are not satisfied by my enormous efforts, you could actually think how hard is for me to make this game in the first place!
If you think that seeing you spitting out loud like that that I'm not good to balance this game is gonna help, you're dead wrong. And if I have to come here to just see you attacking me so deliberately, well.. that's the door!
DevS098
Participator

Postby Zephyr231 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:04 am

InverseTacquito wrote:Came back to try out the new build

Constructive criticism is one thing, but this going way too far. Yes, the game has its problems, but come on, you need to calm down. The game isn't even close to version 1.0, he has plenty of time to fix what's wrong.
Zephyr231
Been posting for a bit

Postby ian66613 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:29 am

Zephyr231 wrote:The game isn't even close to version 1.0, he has plenty of time to fix what's wrong.

We won't see balance fixes even if we hit "1.0." There won't be "shortcuts" added to the internals (we discussed this on the discord, it just won't happen), there won't be any way to skip anything (again discussed on discord). At best, you may get a speed potion that makes you go faster, or stamina drops/etc.

We already discussed on discord as to why the enemies can "see through walls" too, that won't change either. Besides the stamina drops / speed potion I mentioned, the only other balance we can do is reduce the amount of enemies.
ian66613
---

Postby RestorationStation » Sat May 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Comments like this are always hilarious to witness. This guy obviously cares a lot about the development of the game if hes this involved in making such a long winded comment. Additionally, if you actually lack the skill to complete the game fully to obtain the content you want, well you must really struggle with pc games in general. Devs project here is challangeing yes, but not enough to barricade content. Keep it up devs, cant wait for the next update.
RestorationStation
Been posting for a bit

Postby Hansony » Sat May 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Yeah I said something was causing me issues... and then it was fixed and I said thx...
Maybe if you asked for a specific issue and made sure to ask if it your comment was noticed AMONG THE WALLS OF COMMENTS that would be better then making a not even passive aggressive but straight up accusatory comment at the Dev.
That is what the rest of us do so I don't see how that is too hard for you to do, but apparently you think your comment is so important that if it isn't noticed right away the Dev is ignoring you.
Might want to be a bit less arrogant and a bit more humble with your approach... or expect being called an asshole like you are now
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hansony » Sat May 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Just wanted to say that I asked for improvement something in the game regarding the difficulty (it was the monster-girls being able to grab out without being next to you) and you DID fix it and I say thx for that again since InverseTacquito thinks being aggressive towards people actually making game contend FOR FREE for us is a proper way to do things.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DevS098 » Sat May 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Hansony wrote:Just wanted to say that I asked for improvement something in the game regarding the difficulty (it was the monster-girls being able to grab out without being next to you) and you DID fix it and I say thx for that again since InverseTacquito thinks being aggressive towards people actually making game contend FOR FREE for us is a proper way to do things.

Well, that's different anyway. That issue was a bug (and a very serious one) due to a script that I've added before updating some time ago and that was fixed by simply removing said script.
DevS098
Participator

Postby CreeperBoy » Sat May 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Jeez, the nerve of some people...

As an aspiring game developer, myself, comments like the one I replied to earlier physically hurt to read, especially since I know the amount of work that goes into projects like this.

Don’t let the trolls get to ya, Dev. Haters gonna hate. 8)
CreeperBoy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Sun May 20, 2018 12:14 am

DevS098 wrote:
Hansony wrote:Just wanted to say that I asked for improvement something in the game regarding the difficulty (it was the monster-girls being able to grab out without being next to you) and you DID fix it and I say thx for that again since InverseTacquito thinks being aggressive towards people actually making game contend FOR FREE for us is a proper way to do things.

Well, that's different anyway. That issue was a bug (and a very serious one) due to a script that I've added before updating some time ago and that was fixed by simply removing said script.

Well you could conceivably make the game easier by making pathways only a tiny could use. However such pathways are hidden and will probably appear to be a dead end to the player. You should probably do this in areas were players have the most trouble though.

This adds some depth to the world as you probably aren't the only tiny who is roaming around.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cobbly » Sun May 20, 2018 12:36 am

Hey guys, I just found this forum. What is this game, what's it about, and where do I download it?
Cobbly
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zephyr231 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:19 am

Cobbly wrote:Hey guys, I just found this forum. What is this game, what's it about, and where do I download it?

Read the OP.
Zephyr231
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game