Insides -- v.0.55 9/03/2019 (Important Announcement)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Would you like to:

Poll ended at Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:02 am

get the new update sooner but with some missing scenes
19%
sit down and wait until everything is ready
81%

Total votes : 36

Re: Insides(WIP Title) First Demo

Postby Sinistral » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:19 pm

To those that are having trouble playing the game please update to the newest version of 7zip. The older versions unzip files compressed with the new one differently so it will screw up your filenames.
Sinistral
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sizehunter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:40 am

What about those who use linux? Any solution for us?
sizehunter
Participator

Postby Sinistral » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:36 am

7zip does have a Linux version, but I don't know how up to date it is. As far as playing RPGmaker games, you are probably going to have to mess around with wine and getting it working in that. Don't have a machine running Linux right now so I can't really test it.
Sinistral
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tinybrazilian » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:52 am

Last edited by tinybrazilian on Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
tinybrazilian
New to the forum

Postby sizehunter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:52 pm

Sinistral wrote:7zip does have a Linux version, but I don't know how up to date it is. As far as playing RPGmaker games, you are probably going to have to mess around with wine and getting it working in that. Don't have a machine running Linux right now so I can't really test it.

The game starts up, it's just when I select new game, it does the character file missing thing.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby Sinistral » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:11 pm

sizehunter wrote:The game starts up, it's just when I select new game, it does the character file missing thing.

I would have to see the folder and filename that is causing the issue. If it is completely garbled then chances are you need to install some kind of language pack for Japanese on Linux. If the text is Japanese but just not the correct text then you are experiencing the compression problem. If its the compression problem then a fresh new copy of 7zip for Linux could do the trick. If it is a system language compatibility issue you would have to search out a solution based on what type of Linux you use. Here is a wiki article that may help you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Inst ... acter_sets
Sinistral
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sizehunter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:08 pm

Yeah it's japanese... Trouble is, I can't wrap my head around getting language settings in... Perhaps Dev will set it so that english settings will be enough.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby DevS098 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:48 am

sizehunter wrote:Yeah it's japanese... Trouble is, I can't wrap my head around getting language settings in... Perhaps Dev will set it so that english settings will be enough.

As I said I've renamed the japanese files in the graphics into something else so in the next update the problem should be gone.
Also I'll avoid to use (or I'll rename) any other japanese file if I find more of them then I need.

I cannot guarantee when I'll be able to release the next update but know that I'm working hard on the game at the moment.
DevS098
Participator

Postby sizehunter » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:55 pm

DevS098 wrote:
sizehunter wrote:Yeah it's japanese... Trouble is, I can't wrap my head around getting language settings in... Perhaps Dev will set it so that english settings will be enough.

As I said I've renamed the japanese files in the graphics into something else so in the next update the problem should be gone.
Also I'll avoid to use (or I'll rename) any other japanese file if I find more of them then I need.

I cannot guarantee when I'll be able to release the next update but know that I'm working hard on the game at the moment.

Looking forward to it Dev.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby VVVx » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:39 pm

sizehunter wrote:
DevS098 wrote:

Looking forward to it Dev.

Hey, what distro are you using? Depending on your DE, File Manager, and archive manager, you could be seeing different issues.
VVVx
Participator

Postby DetonaTuto » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:59 pm

I really liked the game! Would also love to see some UB in there! :-D
DetonaTuto
Somewhat familiar

Postby DevS098 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:06 pm

DetonaTuto wrote:I really liked the game! Would also love to see some UB in there! :-D

Me too as it is my favorite vore type but I still need to think at a good way to do it.

Also, I'm at a very good point right now. If all goes right, I should be able to release an update at least for the end of this week.
Soon you guys will see how dangerous is this world..I hope that you are training well with Nexie, you'll need it.

I apologize if someone of you wasn't able to play because of the japanese named files but as I already said before (twice, I'm sorry for that too) next update should fix this issue.
DevS098
Participator

Postby sizehunter » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:04 pm

DevS098 wrote:
DetonaTuto wrote:I really liked the game! Would also love to see some UB in there! :-D

Me too as it is my favorite vore type but I still need to think at a good way to do it.

Also, I'm at a very good point right now. If all goes right, I should be able to release an update at least for the end of this week.
Soon you guys will see how dangerous is this world..I hope that you are training well with Nexie, you'll need it.

I apologize if someone of you wasn't able to play because of the japanese named files but as I already said before (twice, I'm sorry for that too) next update should fix this issue.

For UB, it could have the similar internal map, shape and size depending on what race does it, but leaving the body ends up in a different drop off point than vore would... Friendly characters could even have a pool of juices that will heal you if you step in it. Gotta heal damage from digestion somehow after all. As for how to tell friendly unbirthers from not... The friends don't approach you, you have to go to them. The non-friendly unbirth wouldn't do damage, but you could have them placed so that getting caught would set you back.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby tgcidolfus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:55 pm

After having played through the demo, will say great work so far with good mechanics. Game reminds me of an older one called (I think) "dun run" while the file name was dungeon runner. Found here:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=39700&hilit=dungeon+runner game is no longer updated so please don't necro that thread

Some potential ideas: (if the programming the AI for these isn't a nightmare)
Enemies that are the same size, but can shrink you (so your vision is normal)
Much larger enemies or fliers that are even slower than slimes, but can either move over walls, making baiting them even harder.
Persistent enemies, they never give up
Line of sight enemies, they act as turrets that will auto grab you if you walk into their field of view, vision lines could be visible but when mixed in with other enemies on the field (that could potentially be chasing you) could make for close encounters when trying to escape

either way you are onto something here so keep up the good work.
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby DevS098 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:47 pm

tgcidolfus wrote:After having played through the demo, will say great work so far with good mechanics. Game reminds me of an older one called (I think) "dun run" while the file name was dungeon runner. Found here:
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=39700&hilit=dungeon+runner game is no longer updated so please don't necro that thread

Some potential ideas: (if the programming the AI for these isn't a nightmare)
Enemies that are the same size, but can shrink you (so your vision is normal)
Much larger enemies or fliers that are even slower than slimes, but can either move over walls, making baiting them even harder.
Persistent enemies, they never give up
Line of sight enemies, they act as turrets that will auto grab you if you walk into their field of view, vision lines could be visible but when mixed in with other enemies on the field (that could potentially be chasing you) could make for close encounters when trying to escape

either way you are onto something here so keep up the good work.

I'll see what I can do, they are all good ideas (even if the last one is a bit too hard, I think) and I already have in plan some of them but not for this update.
I'm adding a lot of new mechanics because now that the initial training is done, as you can all guess, damage and heal mechanics will come into play, as well as other stuffs.
DevS098
Participator

Postby sizehunter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:45 pm

Hey Dev... Think you could give us a rough guess as to how far you are from the update?
sizehunter
Participator

Postby DevS098 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:57 am

sizehunter wrote:Hey Dev... Think you could give us a rough guess as to how far you are from the update?

Actually not that far.. I just have to complete some stuffs and to do playtestings. As I said before, I should be able to update by the end of the week.
Trust me, it will be worth the wait. :-D
DevS098
Participator

Postby sizehunter » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:27 pm

DevS098 wrote:
sizehunter wrote:Hey Dev... Think you could give us a rough guess as to how far you are from the update?

Actually not that far.. I just have to complete some stuffs and to do playtestings. As I said before, I should be able to update by the end of the week.
Trust me, it will be worth the wait. :-D

All I can say to that is... YAY NOMNOMNOM!
sizehunter
Participator

Re: Insides v.0.2 is out! 11/08/2017

Postby DevS098 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:48 pm

v.0.2 is out!
download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/olel0964t ... v0%2C2.zip
(link is also in main post as well as a changelog)
DevS098
Participator

Re: Insides v.0.2 is out! 11/08/2017

Postby sizehunter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Haven't had time to play it yet, but I have a suggestion... Every few floors, there could be a safe spot where you could interact with various characters, and a save point if such a thing is gonna be in. There could also be a way to return to earlier floors... As for surviving tougher bellies in the future, successful escapes could give you exp, giving you more health with which to get out of a pred, that is if it's not in already.
sizehunter
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game