Insides -- Animation Update -- v.0.55 9/03/2019

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Would you like to:

Poll ended at Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:02 am

get the new update sooner but with some missing scenes
7
19%
sit down and wait until everything is ready
29
81%
 
Total votes : 36

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby ian66613 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:19 pm

OptimisticDinner wrote:It's really just the field of view. It's too tiny and you end up running into things. It's less difficulty and more just borderline unfair. Especially if you play this game on a laggy laptop or something, it's nearly impossible.


I actually blame RPG Maker more so for the lag. The engine is really simple and unoptimized. Both Shrinking Fun and Shrink EXP don't encounter much lag because they don't have to worry about fierce moving of the camera/player/etc.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch fairy boy. NOW WITH IMAGE FINALLY)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
User avatar
ian66613
---
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby sizehunter » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:06 pm

ian66613 wrote:
OptimisticDinner wrote:It's really just the field of view. It's too tiny and you end up running into things. It's less difficulty and more just borderline unfair. Especially if you play this game on a laggy laptop or something, it's nearly impossible.


I actually blame RPG Maker more so for the lag. The engine is really simple and unoptimized. Both Shrinking Fun and Shrink EXP don't encounter much lag because they don't have to worry about fierce moving of the camera/player/etc.


I don't see why the shrink would reduce someone's field of view anyways. I enjoy the game and all, but it's probably the only sore point I personally have with it. If it is possible, could you make the limited view only happen when in cover, such as in a log or long grass? It would make sense as it'd block both your vision and the pred's.
sizehunter
Participator
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:36 pm

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby Shadowlyger » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Little hiding spots scattered around the map might be nice. The tunnels in the swamp are good, maybe having little spots you could run into that preds can't reach.
User avatar
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby OptimisticDinner » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:54 pm

The unfairness is also compounded by the fact failure has such a high cost.
You lose progress.
You lose hp.
And you have to spend a minute+ walking through the stomach and intestines.
Now do that every time the player fails and it can get wearisome fairly quickly.
I personally think it wouldn't be so bad if the intestines were cut out and replaced with a flat hp cost. Keep the stomach because... fetish, ya know.
But the game is too punishing for how it can feel like its not your fault for getting caught.
User avatar
OptimisticDinner
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:38 pm
Location: The moon, probably
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby sizehunter » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:11 pm

OptimisticDinner wrote:The unfairness is also compounded by the fact failure has such a high cost.
You lose progress.
You lose hp.
And you have to spend a minute+ walking through the stomach and intestines.
Now do that every time the player fails and it can get wearisome fairly quickly.
I personally think it wouldn't be so bad if the intestines were cut out and replaced with a flat hp cost. Keep the stomach because... fetish, ya know.
But the game is too punishing for how it can feel like its not your fault for getting caught.


For escaping the body, how's about an expensive teleport spell from Nexie? She wouldn't be able to heal you until her mana recharges, but it could cut down on time some.
sizehunter
Participator
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:36 pm

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby OptimisticDinner » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:15 pm

sizehunter wrote:
OptimisticDinner wrote:The unfairness is also compounded by the fact failure has such a high cost.
You lose progress.
You lose hp.
And you have to spend a minute+ walking through the stomach and intestines.
Now do that every time the player fails and it can get wearisome fairly quickly.
I personally think it wouldn't be so bad if the intestines were cut out and replaced with a flat hp cost. Keep the stomach because... fetish, ya know.
But the game is too punishing for how it can feel like its not your fault for getting caught.


For escaping the body, how's about an expensive teleport spell from Nexie? She wouldn't be able to heal you until her mana recharges, but it could cut down on time some.

It would help, but it'd be a bandaid more than a fix. The root issue is still there after your MP is gone. An alternative could be to offer the player a choice between taking a fixed hp cost higher than walking through the intestines or doing the walk. I would definitely consider doing something to change the time it takes to make it through the intestines. And I'd argue spells and items don't help, cause they'd just be a band aid. And in boss fights they'd be a non factor (well the spells at least)

Feel like I've been super negative, but I will say that this game does have some great scenes. Especially the one with the possessed ESP. But I would've never seen it if somebody didn't share their save (thanks for that btw). thanks for making a game for us, I just wanna offer some points to maybe make it better. I saw a lot of people complaining about difficulty/unfairness, and I felt the same. So I wanted to help.
User avatar
OptimisticDinner
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:38 pm
Location: The moon, probably
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby Halcyon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:22 pm

I really love this game! I have been playing it a lot and I'm totally hooked!

I seem to have gotten stuck, though - after I beat the third major level, the MC tells me to go and rest up before continuing onward. However, when I try to enter the hotel and the upstairs, nothing happens, and I can't find any way to trigger the scene I'm supposed to find next. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
User avatar
Halcyon
???
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: God's Pavilion
Blog: View Blog (48)

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby DevS098 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:31 pm

Halcyon wrote:I really love this game! I have been playing it a lot and I'm totally hooked!

I seem to have gotten stuck, though - after I beat the third major level, the MC tells me to go and rest up before continuing onward. However, when I try to enter the hotel and the upstairs, nothing happens, and I can't find any way to trigger the scene I'm supposed to find next. Can anyone point me in the right direction?


Interact with the bed where you sleep in the Inn and well.. rest as the MC tells you.
Check out my vore game! viewtopic.php?f=79&t=50803
Profile picture by Gojitsu
User avatar
DevS098
Participator
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby Halcyon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:35 pm

DevS098 wrote:
Halcyon wrote:I really love this game! I have been playing it a lot and I'm totally hooked!

I seem to have gotten stuck, though - after I beat the third major level, the MC tells me to go and rest up before continuing onward. However, when I try to enter the hotel and the upstairs, nothing happens, and I can't find any way to trigger the scene I'm supposed to find next. Can anyone point me in the right direction?


Interact with the bed where you sleep in the Inn and well.. rest as the MC tells you.


Excellent! I thought I had tried that, but I guess not! Thank you ^^
User avatar
Halcyon
???
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: God's Pavilion
Blog: View Blog (48)

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby DevS098 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:35 am

The next big update is going into something that, mark my words, will completely blow up your minds.
But what I've ahead is a hard road (probably as hard as this game) and I would like some help to cross it.

Right now, I'm the only coder of the team. All of the stuff you've seen and loved (and some probably hated) so far has been coded up by yours truly, helped by my marvelous team members who took care of the writings and of some of the graphic aspect of this game. But now I wish to change. I wish to have someone else to help me to code so I can try to update this game in less time then before.. or generally reduce my workload quite a bit. This doesn't mean that I won't try to make things up alone, like I always did, but I'm sure that if I can't get some help, the next update will probably come out a lot later.
Of course any other type of help is much more than welcome!

Also.. have a little teaser of what the future of this game will be!
(Sorry it seems like the site doesn't like GIFs too much, click it to see it correctly ^_^' )

Gif1.gif


And.. that's it! If someone is interested to join, he/she can contact me at my discord DevS098#2352 or send a PM both here and on Giantess City.

Stay Tuned! :-D
Check out my vore game! viewtopic.php?f=79&t=50803
Profile picture by Gojitsu
User avatar
DevS098
Participator
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby ian66613 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:08 am

One more suggestion for the dev:

Amazon
Nexie will comment the moment she sees one in the area for the first time, saying something like "Oh no. Not her kind." With your character asking, "What? Why?" And responding, "She is very tall, fast, etc. a natural born hunter among predators. Basically a human in a sense, but tall, very tall. I'll be honest, she's basically a slime girl to you at this size, but if you feel confident enough, you can try to escape her. She may have rare materials other predators don't have." This of course means all of her internals are bigger than normal. She can sprint like the lamia characters.

Breast: She can consume the player via breast. Unlike other predators, she has two breast areas before getting to her nipple. Getting caught in the walls keeps you in them longer than normal. In addition, the first area (deeper) disallows you to sprint due to being so deep and thick and heavy thanks to her size.

Oral: She can consume the player orally. Her insides are larger than most creatures due to her size. Her digestion speed is pretty high to account for how much energy she needs to keep up her body.

I would suggest unbirth, but she'd have bikini armor on or something, and you going in would disallow you to get out until she wanted you out.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch fairy boy. NOW WITH IMAGE FINALLY)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
User avatar
ian66613
---
 
Posts: 1057
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm
Location: Wisconsin
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby ccccccccccc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi
I learnt this game from other place(a Chinese forum) and I am really interested in it
I was reading the Creature Almanac and I have some questions to ask:

1.How did you come up with all this creatures names?(Gastril,Testril,Daelis,Mizukon etc)
2.What does Detronized in Testril Queen description mean? I can't find its meaning anywhere
3.The Acceleration traits said "move faster for a bit" but how does it actually works? It always move faster a little bit or it can move faster for a bit of time?
4.Do you misspell "Hydrofilic" on purpose? Because I think the correct spelling is "Hydrophilic" isn't it?

English is not my native language so I am sorry if there is problem or mistakes
I am trying to translate the almanac into Chinese and help us to learn more about your game and beating the game
I am Chinese.
I know some English.
I may ask for permission to translate or post your game or article on some Chinese forum.
Thank you.
User avatar
ccccccccccc
New to the forum
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:27 am

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby DevS098 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:38 pm

ccccccccccc wrote:Hi
I learnt this game from other place(a Chinese forum) and I am really interested in it
I was reading the Creature Almanac and I have some questions to ask:

1.How did you come up with all this creatures names?(Gastril,Testril,Daelis,Mizukon etc)
2.What does Detronized in Testril Queen description mean? I can't find its meaning anywhere
3.The Acceleration traits said "move faster for a bit" but how does it actually works? It always move faster a little bit or it can move faster for a bit of time?
4.Do you misspell "Hydrofilic" on purpose? Because I think the correct spelling is "Hydrophilic" isn't it?

English is not my native language so I am sorry if there is problem or mistakes
I am trying to translate the almanac into Chinese and help us to learn more about your game and beating the game


1- Well it's all of matter of having or good ideas or trying to get.. something from various concepts, meanings, etc.
Spoiler: show
For example, the pred name "Gastril" mentioned above is a clear reference to "Gastric Juices" as well as its intestine counterpart, "Testril"

2- Well, it's actually a typo. Found out later on that the right word is spelled "Dethroned". Will be fixed in next update ^_^'
3- Can move faster only for a short period of time.
4- Yeah, another little typo. ^_^' As the one above, it will be fixed in the next update.

I hope those answers will help you and it's great to hear my game has been mentioned in a chinese forum! If possible, I would really like to visit it and see what they are saying on my game! :D

There will be something more but for now...
Stay tuned! :-D
Check out my vore game! viewtopic.php?f=79&t=50803
Profile picture by Gojitsu
User avatar
DevS098
Participator
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby ccccccccccc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:19 pm

DevS098 wrote:
ccccccccccc wrote:Hi
I learnt this game from other place(a Chinese forum) and I am really interested in it
I was reading the Creature Almanac and I have some questions to ask:

1.How did you come up with all this creatures names?(Gastril,Testril,Daelis,Mizukon etc)
2.What does Detronized in Testril Queen description mean? I can't find its meaning anywhere
3.The Acceleration traits said "move faster for a bit" but how does it actually works? It always move faster a little bit or it can move faster for a bit of time?
4.Do you misspell "Hydrofilic" on purpose? Because I think the correct spelling is "Hydrophilic" isn't it?

English is not my native language so I am sorry if there is problem or mistakes
I am trying to translate the almanac into Chinese and help us to learn more about your game and beating the game


1- Well it's all of matter of having or good ideas or trying to get.. something from various concepts, meanings, etc.
Spoiler: show
For example, the pred name "Gastril" mentioned above is a clear reference to "Gastric Juices" as well as its intestine counterpart, "Testril"

2- Well, it's actually a typo. Found out later on that the right word is spelled "Dethroned". Will be fixed in next update ^_^'
3- Can move faster only for a short period of time.
4- Yeah, another little typo. ^_^' As the one above, it will be fixed in the next update.

I hope those answers will help you and it's great to hear my game has been mentioned in a chinese forum! If possible, I would really like to visit it and see what they are saying on my game! :D

There will be something more but for now...
Stay tuned! :-D

Thanks for your help!

I have another question to ask:
The description of Hydrofilic said "moves faster on wet terrain" but I don't think it works because of swamp right? It should only work on raining right?
Also when this trait is working the slimes are still moving even if the stop moving switch is on...

About the comment on our forum...
As you can expected most of them are complaining about how difficult this game is :)
But a lot of people also said that this game is good and has high quality despite this game is so hard that most people can't even get past level 2
some even got stuck at the training stage and said this game is on par with Dark Souls :-D
so someone on our forum edited the project to make it easier (sorry I hope you don't mind)
Also one comment said "hope that Unbirth scene can be improved"
Keep on your hard work and I am looking forward to the next version :-D
I am Chinese.
I know some English.
I may ask for permission to translate or post your game or article on some Chinese forum.
Thank you.
User avatar
ccccccccccc
New to the forum
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:27 am

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby DevS098 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:43 am

Due to the result of my most recent discord server poll, I've written a guide of all the death scenes in the game (and of something more) in the main post. Due to fact that's not possible to put spoiler tags inside another, the guide has been organized per dungeon.

And also, I've a new teaser ready for you all:
Cap60.PNG
Cap61.PNG


Stay tuned! :-D
Check out my vore game! viewtopic.php?f=79&t=50803
Profile picture by Gojitsu
User avatar
DevS098
Participator
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby WoodenDuck » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:28 am

If that's what I think it is (an illustrated version of the creature almanac) then I am super pumped for your next update! That's gonna be so awesome!
User avatar
WoodenDuck
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:46 am

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby twilitreaper » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:14 am

I'm not sure if this is in the making or not but I was wondering if it would be possible for another almanac to be implemented containing information on where to find materials for the armor and items could be found. There are a few items like Chewed Moku and digested Irymasuki that I have been trying to locate more of but I keep forgetting who or what they are inside of or where some materials can be found. It would be a way of keeping track of locations for materials already found and would be helpful in crafting the armor or items that are needed. I am extremely impressed with the amount of work that has already been put into this project and each update renews my patience and understanding that quality work takes time so whether the materials logbook can be implemented easily or not, I have made my request.

Also, I have noticed that a lot of people have been asking for the difficulty to be lowered but I feel that it is perfectly fine the way it is now as it forces the player to truly think through their pathing of a map and strategize how to lure certain monsters away from the path to avoid them. That being said, if it needs to be made easier for others then adding in a switch to lower the difficulty or raise it rather than universally lowering it would make the choice more available. Not sure what the difference between the difficulties would be but that would be your decision.

I look forward to the next update, no matter when that may be.
twilitreaper
New to the forum
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby CandySquirrel » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:00 am

I can't get past "Neko hunting grounds" for almost a week already. Unless there is some serious difficulty overhaul, I assume game just ends there.
User avatar
CandySquirrel
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby Shadowlyger » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:06 am

It doesn't. Git gud.
User avatar
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Re: Insides update v.0.502 22/06/2018

Postby CandySquirrel » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:56 am

Nah, I'll pass.
User avatar
CandySquirrel
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:35 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cakeislol, eMIN, freamen101, Google [Bot], Jacket, justanotherdragon, kappa1234, Lancu, lati65, lolboy13, MrHoller, mrmcfailure, ninjajoeman, ohhellothere, OneLurker, septer8, StopherTanuki, vgove, xdouLv116, xThunder, Zephos and 36 guests