God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <September update>

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

Postby UBFanDrake » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:32 pm

EliseSB wrote:Hey everyone. It’s been a while, hasn’t it? We’re sorry that it’s taken so long for us to make a post, but the next God Complex update is still on it’s way. We’re looking at one of the largest updates in recent memory, aided by the much expanded staff.

However, despite the increase in manpower, these past few months, life has been hitting individual developers (myself in particular). Portions of the update have been done for a while, while others are still being worked on.

Overall though, I think we can expect to see a first week of May release. This update took a lot longer than a lot of us wanted it to, but it was an important learning experience and I hope you all will be satisfied with the level of content provided.

Do we get to rub ya prey filled belly in exchange for the wait or is that patreon only? : P
UBFanDrake
Participator

Postby Dotsu » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:36 pm

EliseSB wrote:Hey everyone. It’s been a while, hasn’t it? We’re sorry that it’s taken so long for us to make a post, but the next God Complex update is still on it’s way. We’re looking at one of the largest updates in recent memory, aided by the much expanded staff.

However, despite the increase in manpower, these past few months, life has been hitting individual developers (myself in particular). Portions of the update have been done for a while, while others are still being worked on.

Overall though, I think we can expect to see a first week of May release. This update took a lot longer than a lot of us wanted it to, but it was an important learning experience and I hope you all will be satisfied with the level of content provided.

I as a complitionist still advocate for a better use of clues in game for the lost forest puzzle. It is not clear an i feel details are missing. Just a issue i have as the cave with the "hint" is not very helpful as left right an all that is not clear. The book in the tent is not clear non of it is clear. i thinka great puzzle lies there but its hindered by the lack of details a player can interprate well.
Матрешка!

I am Dotsu your local thigh addict.
Dotsu
Participator

Postby EliseSB » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:40 pm

Dotsu wrote: I as a complitionist still advocate for a better use of clues in game for the lost forest puzzle. It is not clear an i feel details are missing. Just a issue i have as the cave with the "hint" is not very helpful as left right an all that is not clear. The book in the tent is not clear non of it is clear. i thinka great puzzle lies there but its hindered by the lack of details a player can interprate well.

Dude. I'm not sure you have any right to complain about hints being vague when it seems you can't take a hint yourself.

We heard you. Salamoun has replied to you. The feedback has been recieved, but ultimately we disagree as both we and plenty of others enjoy the puzzle as a difficult side challenge the way it is, and plenty have figured it out on their own. You don't need to constantly spam the discussion topic. It's really, really obnoxious.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby PrismaticAria » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:32 am

I noticed the "Wagon lover 1 belly" and new "diale belly" sprites were of a very similar style, and was wondering who they were edited by; if you don't mind my asking, of course.
PrismaticAria
Been posting for a bit

Postby salamoun » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:00 am

PrismaticAria wrote:I noticed the "Wagon lover 1 belly" and new "diale belly" sprites were of a very similar style, and was wondering who they were edited by; if you don't mind my asking, of course.

Edited by me, the originals were found on e-hentai from some visual novel.
God Complex Patreon or SubscribeStar for progress reports and potential support.
Discord
salamoun
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Amon258877 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:12 am

I have to say, I am LOVING this game. i just completed chapter 1 after a lot of effort (this is because i am not using nuke, at least not many times). the story is BEAUTIFUL and the scenes are WONDERFUL. You made a gaming masterpiece. :D
Amon258877
Been posting for a bit

Postby PrismaticAria » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:52 pm

salamoun wrote:
PrismaticAria wrote:I noticed the "Wagon lover 1 belly" and new "diale belly" sprites were of a very similar style, and was wondering who they were edited by; if you don't mind my asking, of course.

That's quite some editing knowledge; I'd love it if you uploaded a rough guide to vore edits one day. Not that you have to, but I'm sure it's something your patrons would enjoy – I know I'd sub for that alone.
PrismaticAria
Been posting for a bit

Postby EliseSB » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:23 pm

PrismaticAria wrote:
salamoun wrote:

That's quite some editing knowledge; I'd love it if you uploaded a rough guide to vore edits one day. Not that you have to, but I'm sure it's something your patrons would enjoy – I know I'd sub for that alone.

Sal's just an editing genius. Almost all the belly art in the game is edited by him or Isuzu, but mostly him.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dotsu » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:24 pm

EliseSB wrote:
Dotsu wrote: I as a complitionist still advocate for a better use of clues in game for the lost forest puzzle. It is not clear an i feel details are missing. Just a issue i have as the cave with the "hint" is not very helpful as left right an all that is not clear. The book in the tent is not clear non of it is clear. i thinka great puzzle lies there but its hindered by the lack of details a player can interprate well.

Dude. I'm not sure you have any right to complain about hints being vague when it seems you can't take a hint yourself.

We heard you. Salamoun has replied to you. The feedback has been recieved, but ultimately we disagree as both we and plenty of others enjoy the puzzle as a difficult side challenge the way it is, and plenty have figured it out on their own. You don't need to constantly spam the discussion topic. It's really, really obnoxious.

As someone who makes a living off of game development an being a QA tester, I can assure that since you r putting a game out there for others to play on the internet you are mistaken. You put your work out an others can an will critizise it.

Also as for the puzzle no the text in the tent is not clear an it seems as if pages are missing an you cant interact with anything else in the tent an it gives the feeling you should. Id say probably check your interaction flags in that area.

You want to not take the critisim i give fine by me ill still advocate for the change. but if your gonna insist i shut up my opinion dosent matter because im some peon on a forum great way to see how when the side of those who play your game scoure for the solution in the guid in the game an in the forum an cant find the solution you have made a puzzle that seems important for lore reasons to be playable an a huge section miss out on said important lore contnent. For a lot of people that is a huge must fix issue. an sorry about broken english this is not my first language. as for the cave diagram your sprite set isnt detailed enough to get the point you want to make across an well its design is a failure. Game balance exists in puzzles to so id take the minde set of if it is a huge lore bit or a important puzzle it should be solved in some way from everything in game by anyone that comes an picks up the game an a overwhelming amount of people who make geams hobby or for a living can agree to that.

If it was not heavily lore bound it would not matter you tied lore to it for your game now deal with you gotta make sure that content can be aquired by anyone that picks up the game no matter how fucking stupid. an yes i am aware im calling myself stupid you step on toes ill step back on yours. Salamoun was more corgil an at least said they would look in to it an gave a explination for half of it being all over the place as its a multi developer project. You are less tactful an so ill be less tactful in turn.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby salamoun » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:49 pm

PrismaticAria wrote:That's quite some editing knowledge; I'd love it if you uploaded a rough guide to vore edits one day. Not that you have to, but I'm sure it's something your patrons would enjoy – I know I'd sub for that alone.

I'm slowly working on those as they bother me too, just that it's hard to remember all that are still rough ^^;
God Complex Patreon or SubscribeStar for progress reports and potential support.
Discord
salamoun
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RC8015 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:51 pm

We accept and listen to feedback, but as Q&A tester and developer you also should be aware that you do not change your game following any feedback you get. Or else you first get tons of stuff you have to implement (you have no idea how many requests we had over the years to add scenes, characters and more), and second, opinions and feedback differs. Some like certain content, others do not. So if one says that they like the riddles, another says to change.. then you can't follow both things.
In the end, the developer decides how the game turns out, not any user. We take feedback, we take critique, yes, we read it and talk about it. But if we, the developers, in the end decide that things are good the way they are, then they stay. We do not want all content to be just easy and obvious, some parts are made to require backtracking, brains and effort.
We as developers decided these puzzles are fine the way they are, but thanks a lot for the feedback. A lot of what we made is based on feedback (Examples: Cave puzzle chest is now optional, smuggler got a lot of content added, lost woods got reworked already, and more)
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby EliseSB » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:36 pm

Dotsu wrote:
EliseSB wrote:

As someone who makes a living off of game development an being a QA tester, I can assure that since you r putting a game out there for others to play on the internet you are mistaken. You put your work out an others can an will critizise it.

Also as for the puzzle no the text in the tent is not clear an it seems as if pages are missing an you cant interact with anything else in the tent an it gives the feeling you should. Id say probably check your interaction flags in that area.

You want to not take the critisim i give fine by me ill still advocate for the change. but if your gonna insist i shut up my opinion dosent matter because im some peon on a forum great way to see how when the side of those who play your game scoure for the solution in the guid in the game an in the forum an cant find the solution you have made a puzzle that seems important for lore reasons to be playable an a huge section miss out on said important lore contnent. For a lot of people that is a huge must fix issue. an sorry about broken english this is not my first language. as for the cave diagram your sprite set isnt detailed enough to get the point you want to make across an well its design is a failure. Game balance exists in puzzles to so id take the minde set of if it is a huge lore bit or a important puzzle it should be solved in some way from everything in game by anyone that comes an picks up the game an a overwhelming amount of people who make geams hobby or for a living can agree to that.

If it was not heavily lore bound it would not matter you tied lore to it for your game now deal with you gotta make sure that content can be aquired by anyone that picks up the game no matter how fucking stupid. an yes i am aware im calling myself stupid you step on toes ill step back on yours. Salamoun was more corgil an at least said they would look in to it an gave a explination for half of it being all over the place as its a multi developer project. You are less tactful an so ill be less tactful in turn.

I'm not telling you to stop because you're criticizing the project. Criticism has been accepted and integrated into the game from countless people, and we constantly run feedback queries and votes on future content.

I'm telling you to stop because you've been given your answer over and over again and yet continue to spam the subject endlessly. We've explained why we aren't accepting the feedback kindly, you still keep protesting. We've explained why we aren't accepting the feedback harshly, and you still keep protesting.

This is the final response you're getting, period: give it up. You are one anonymous, non-paying fan on the internet claiming unverified credentials, criticizing the difficulty of something intended to be difficult, and well remembered and appreciated by others for said difficulty. You have voiced your feedback, we have disagreed with reasons to disagree. This is not a government, this is a project we are making of our own free time, there is nothing to protest at and we have no obligation to cater to any specific person just because they're pushy.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dotsu » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:50 pm

EliseSB wrote:
I'm not telling you to stop because you're criticizing the project. Criticism has been accepted and integrated into the game from countless people, and we constantly run feedback queries and votes on future content.

I'm telling you to stop because you've been given your answer over and over again and yet continue to spam the subject endlessly. We've explained why we aren't accepting the feedback kindly, you still keep protesting. We've explained why we aren't accepting the feedback harshly, and you still keep protesting.

This is the final response you're getting, period: give it up. You are one anonymous, non-paying fan on the internet claiming unverified credentials, criticizing the difficulty of something intended to be difficult, and well remembered and appreciated by others for said difficulty. You have voiced your feedback, we have disagreed with reasons to disagree. This is not a government, this is a project we are making of our own free time, there is nothing to protest at and we have no obligation to cater to any specific person just because they're pushy.

One with the part to the ruins in the lost woods if the rout to get there inst either subvertly told to the player or given in a way the ycan discover then it is not there. That is no its hard by design its hard by lack of design.

Also if you wanna go the "i dont pay" route then hey here is a solution to that point completely pay wall it. you opened up a free version as a free user i can say it an the fact that i am making a point of the infermation is not there then i would hope it gets heard an the fact ill continue to say it is because if you say it enough someone will listen.

As for who i am i dont have to give you my life story an you dont need to know belive me or not but being an asshole about it wont help anyone.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby salamoun » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:20 pm

Dotsu wrote:As someone who makes a living off of game development an being a QA tester, I can assure that since you r putting a game out there for others to play on the internet you are mistaken. You put your work out an others can an will critizise it.

I know Elise was a bit strict, she's kinda stressed lately so she exploded and I do apologize for that. Criticism will always exist and I do appreciate it, however there are some misconceptions and limit based on your points.
First off about the easier part of the puzzle with the cave signs, I do understand the limitations of the current visual representation, however there's no real better way of portray it in the engine without straight up displaying a PNG of the solution ingame, which I don't want to do. The reward for solving it is just another pred/prey scene and a small shop too so I don't see much issue there.
Second, I would not really call the two elf girls that much of an important lore as you can explore it in more detail with other characters that are freely available with no puzzles. The indication of reading the notes is sufficient enough in my opinion as we included interaction with tents everywhere we include those, so it is incentivised and reusable to read the clues again.
We did go over it and came to the conclusion that it's not really important enough to need any changes right now, or at least haven't reached any solution that would be easy enough to implement to bother right now.
Discord
salamoun
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dotsu » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:50 pm

salamoun wrote:
Dotsu wrote:As someone who makes a living off of game development an being a QA tester, I can assure that since you r putting a game out there for others to play on the internet you are mistaken. You put your work out an others can an will critizise it.

I know Elise was a bit strict, she's kinda stressed lately so she exploded and I do apologize for that. Criticism will always exist and I do appreciate it, however there are some misconceptions and limit based on your points.
First off about the easier part of the puzzle with the cave signs, I do understand the limitations of the current visual representation, however there's no real better way of portray it in the engine without straight up displaying a PNG of the solution ingame, which I don't want to do. The reward for solving it is just another pred/prey scene and a small shop too so I don't see much issue there.
Second, I would not really call the two elf girls that much of an important lore as you can explore it in more detail with other characters that are freely available with no puzzles. The indication of reading the notes is sufficient enough in my opinion as we included interaction with tents everywhere we include those, so it is incentivised and reusable to read the clues again.
We did go over it and came to the conclusion that it's not really important enough to need any changes right now, or at least haven't reached any solution that would be easy enough to implement to bother right now.

On that end it seems like the destruction of the basiling kingdom is important to things the characters themselves no but the whole why its destroyed an what tresure lies there. an i do say that the information in the diary isnt there nor in the hermit tent (Trust me i reread every single thing did every dialoug option i could to see if the solution is there an its not all im ever told is to interact with the rock an that is about it nothing past that an ais i said brute forcing the path through the math i did could take as much as 1 to 3 hours.) As for the hermit cave your correct on that but at the end its still a readable piece of information. the direction you head after interacting with the rock is not there so out of the 7 pages the only thing vauge as a direction to go is east which the game gives the sound saying you went the wrong way when trying to get to that point. an as to what Elise said my statment stands if they dont wat to hear from those who use the free vesrion then you all can pay wall it completely. I am having a hard life to but i am not exploding on people so i dont see that as a good reason for her/him to do the same. when it comes to the puzzle adding text in one location (hell i bet a good way to get players to go the the tower or hid the answer with the elf by the naga cave) so that way it isnt in the same area as the puzzle. There are these kinds of solutions when the information given in a puzzle area isnt able to point players in the right direction. Ill stick to that as there is no other information then sliver rock an "east" but when trying to go that way the game says no wrong way.
Матрешка!

Dotsu
Participator

Postby chance10 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:25 am

You guys are doing a amazing job, btw remember to take care of yourselves you deserve to relax with all the hard work you put into the game
chance10
Somewhat familiar

Postby erewon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:57 am

Hi I wanted to ask, is there a way to access the "old basling kingdom" through the misty forest ?

I'm just beginning the game (again) and it still is a really good experience (can't wait to get to the new content)

I went to the Hermit already and then bruteforced my way through another "correct path" or so It seemed, as I got no buzzing sound and got teleported back at the map with a "CHEATER" prompt :/
Is it meant to be accessible later in the story ? or just not added yet ?

Anyway keep up the good work, it's a really fun game to play !
erewon
Been posting for a bit

Postby salamoun » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:53 pm

erewon wrote:Hi I wanted to ask, is there a way to access the "old basling kingdom" through the misty forest ?

I'm just beginning the game (again) and it still is a really good experience (can't wait to get to the new content)

I went to the Hermit already and then bruteforced my way through another "correct path" or so It seemed, as I got no buzzing sound and got teleported back at the map with a "CHEATER" prompt :/

The cheater prompt is there if you get the correct answer without getting the clues to figure it, they will be available after you progress the main story more and then you can return to the forest to solve it. However the kingdom itself isn't in the game and I'm honestly not sure how much of it will be explorable yet. ^^;
Discord
salamoun
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EliseSB » Sat May 01, 2021 4:11 am

erewon wrote:Hi I wanted to ask, is there a way to access the "old basling kingdom" through the misty forest ?

I'll field this one as the person in charge of the area. Throughout the story, more and more routes of the lost woods will unlock, allowing you to access different ruins from the destroyed Kingdom. So far, there are two. One available at the beginning of the game, unlocking an item shop, a lore wizard and a meal, and then a latter one unlocks midway through chapter one when Olivia goes missing, letting the player check out her tent for hints that explain the second route.
EliseSB
Somewhat familiar

Postby UnsettledTom » Sun May 02, 2021 3:02 pm

Hey, just wanted to say you guys are great, do what you gotta do. It's great that you also take criticism, but it's not even a necessity. You guys are working on this game, you should do with it whatever you will. The internet will do what the internet does and always have some different opinion.
UnsettledTom
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game