Page 147 of 151

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:53 pm
by salamoun
erewon wrote:Hi I wanted to ask, is there a way to access the "old basling kingdom" through the misty forest ?

I'm just beginning the game (again) and it still is a really good experience (can't wait to get to the new content)

I went to the Hermit already and then bruteforced my way through another "correct path" or so It seemed, as I got no buzzing sound and got teleported back at the map with a "CHEATER" prompt :/
Is it meant to be accessible later in the story ? or just not added yet ?

Anyway keep up the good work, it's a really fun game to play !

The cheater prompt is there if you get the correct answer without getting the clues to figure it, they will be available after you progress the main story more and then you can return to the forest to solve it. However the kingdom itself isn't in the game and I'm honestly not sure how much of it will be explorable yet. ^^;

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:11 am
by EliseSB
erewon wrote:Hi I wanted to ask, is there a way to access the "old basling kingdom" through the misty forest ?

I'm just beginning the game (again) and it still is a really good experience (can't wait to get to the new content)

I went to the Hermit already and then bruteforced my way through another "correct path" or so It seemed, as I got no buzzing sound and got teleported back at the map with a "CHEATER" prompt :/
Is it meant to be accessible later in the story ? or just not added yet ?

Anyway keep up the good work, it's a really fun game to play !


I'll field this one as the person in charge of the area. Throughout the story, more and more routes of the lost woods will unlock, allowing you to access different ruins from the destroyed Kingdom. So far, there are two. One available at the beginning of the game, unlocking an item shop, a lore wizard and a meal, and then a latter one unlocks midway through chapter one when Olivia goes missing, letting the player check out her tent for hints that explain the second route.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:02 pm
by UnsettledTom
Hey, just wanted to say you guys are great, do what you gotta do. It's great that you also take criticism, but it's not even a necessity. You guys are working on this game, you should do with it whatever you will. The internet will do what the internet does and always have some different opinion.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:27 pm
by erewon
EliseSB wrote:
erewon wrote:...


I'll field this one as the person in charge of the area. Throughout the story, more and more routes of the lost woods will unlock, allowing you to access different ruins from the destroyed Kingdom. So far, there are two. One available at the beginning of the game, unlocking an item shop, a lore wizard and a meal, and then a latter one unlocks midway through chapter one when Olivia goes missing, letting the player check out her tent for hints that explain the second route.


OK got it after playing a few hours, thought I should check the forest again, and the path was open.

The game is pretty big, with a lot of different characters and diferent zones and thus the player can easily get lost.
If I can offer some advice, since you plan on adding more routes, maybe add a telltale when a new route opens (Olivia is missing, maybe she sent her fox to warn you ?).
Also if a route is not accessible yet, maybe add something to clearly say to the player that it's not yet available. Being teleported with a prompt saying "Unlocked after X" maybe instead of "cheater" (it has the same purpose but is more explicit) ? Or add some more trees to block the route just before the "new" map with a prompt when activated like "I can see something behind these trees " ?

Anyway I think I got to the end of this update, the game is amazing as is and I can't wait for the mansion update now =)

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:30 am
by salamoun
Update is out in early access for 10+$ supporters on Patreon and SS, feel free to support us and get an early taste of the new content.
Public release should be about a week from now as usual.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:41 am
by salamoun
Have to apologize, but public release will be delayed due to some missing features and some Devs having to deal with school finals.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 1:33 pm
by GoneForever
Unfortunate news, but understandable. All the best to the devs with their finals

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:42 pm
by Souls6
Since the public update is delayed, could you at least tell a bit of what the update will be about, just to keep some hype on?

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:47 am
by salamoun
Souls6 wrote:Since the public update is delayed, could you at least tell a bit of what the update will be about, just to keep some hype on?

It will have intro for a quest line in Sirnes, Grandhol tournament with the third princess, update of princess Amwi, revamped slime farm and expanded Koltel.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:25 am
by yourface5672
Can I get help with the Bone Temple? The one you go to with the centaur. I got past the sphinx, but I can't figure out the next room. It's a short hallway that keeps looping. I can't figure out the trick to keep going and I'm soft locked since you can't exit with the boulder in the way.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:19 am
by salamoun
yourface5672 wrote:Can I get help with the Bone Temple? The one you go to with the centaur. I got past the sphinx, but I can't figure out the next room. It's a short hallway that keeps looping. I can't figure out the trick to keep going and I'm soft locked since you can't exit with the boulder in the way.

1. You can't be soft locked in the temple as even if you get stuck, you can just use the rope to get out of the temple (same as how escape ropes in Pokémon work in caves) and yes, you have one as you automatically obtain one when entering the temple so just check your inventory.
2. Looping hallway
Spoiler: show
go up at least 7 times, then back down. The best indicator if you don't want to count is when a message appears after you loop enough.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:14 pm
by yourface5672
I actually got lucky trying to enter the bone code using the hallway.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 4:11 pm
by Ryuu27
salamoun wrote:
Souls6 wrote:Since the public update is delayed, could you at least tell a bit of what the update will be about, just to keep some hype on?

It will have intro for a quest line in Sirnes, Grandhol tournament with the third princess, update of princess Amwi, revamped slime farm and expanded Koltel.

No advance with story quest ? Sad, i wanted really seeing dark centaure :( (forgot his name)

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:21 pm
by salamoun
Ryuu27 wrote:
salamoun wrote:
Souls6 wrote:Since the public update is delayed, could you at least tell a bit of what the update will be about, just to keep some hype on?

It will have intro for a quest line in Sirnes, Grandhol tournament with the third princess, update of princess Amwi, revamped slime farm and expanded Koltel.

No advance with story quest ? Sad, i wanted really seeing dark centaure :( (forgot his name)

It was voted by majority to have next update be finishing touches on prologue and chapter 1 so that's what the new content is gonna be.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 5:58 am
by RBRD
It was voted by majority to have next update be finishing touches on prologue and chapter 1 so that's what the new content is gonna be.


Hey, how's it going?
Just out of curiosity, what would be the missing features that prevented the release, and would this be the definitive update for the prologue and chapter 1? Or is there a possibility that new content will be added in the future depending on the need for the plot?

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:55 am
by salamoun
RBRD wrote:
It was voted by majority to have next update be finishing touches on prologue and chapter 1 so that's what the new content is gonna be.


Hey, how's it going?
Just out of curiosity, what would be the missing features that prevented the release, and would this be the definitive update for the prologue and chapter 1? Or is there a possibility that new content will be added in the future depending on the need for the plot?

The missing features are update to Koltel and additions to harpy village. It is not the final content that will ever appear in prologue/chapter 1, just basically stuff you can do right as you arrive at those locations. We will still be adding more events to these locations in the future as the story progresses and the world changes.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:40 pm
by SirEdwardthe3rd
I’m very sorry to bother you fine people, but I was wondering when you plan to release the new update. I’m not trying to rush you by any means (great art cannot be hurried!) I was just curious. If you don’t have an exact date, though, that’s totally fine, too! Thanks in advance.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:10 am
by salamoun
SirEdwardthe3rd wrote:I’m very sorry to bother you fine people, but I was wondering when you plan to release the new update. I’m not trying to rush you by any means (great art cannot be hurried!) I was just curious. If you don’t have an exact date, though, that’s totally fine, too! Thanks in advance.

Not sure, but I can almost guarantee it this month, preferably this week but can't be certain of that.

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:04 am
by Archangel64
i looked on patreon, shouldn´t come an update now?

Re: God Complex: Vore; RPG game. <February update>

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:06 am
by salamoun
Archangel64 wrote:i looked on patreon, shouldn´t come an update now?

As mentioned above, the public release is delayed due to irl issues for Dev team but we hope to release it before the end of this month.