Need ideas on Prey Mode for the game I am working on.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Need ideas on Prey Mode for the game I am working on.

Postby Indighost » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:06 am

So, I have at last completed all the functionality for my upcoming vore game for character creation, skill tree, battle mode/active/passive skills and status effects, sexy transformations, randomly generated monsters with species, type, gender, mods, and rarity, randomly generated items with category, type, mods, and rarity, and completely finished the predator system for eating monsters and items, being sick, digesting, scat, etc. It's so fun to eat tons of stuff and get sick from it, then digest it all :D You can see an example on my blog here: https://aryion.com/forum/blog/Indighost/

And now it's time for Prey Mode. I want to know, as prey players, what kind of prey mode do you want?

After discussing it with a few people, here is my plan for prey mode:

0. Any character has the potential to be eaten. If you don't want to be eaten, you have to build defensively.
1. You encounter some monster.
1.5. Monster makes the decision to attempt to eat you.
2. First, make a contested Dexterity Saving Throw vs. monster's level to avoid being swallowed.
3. Then, if you are swallowed, do punch, kick, wiggle in the right 3-sequence order with clues in order to escape.

For example, it tells you "right choice, wrong position", "right choice, right position", or "wrong" for each of those choices.

4. If you fail after 3 tries, you are digested and get the prey death scene.
5. If you succeed, you can then choose to escape up (vomit) or down (full tour).

Hit points are not used during this, it's just a matter of do you find the randomly generated code (such as, for example, 1:wiggle, 2:wiggle, 3:punch) or not.

Does that sound appropriate? Is that too easy/hard for prey mode? Should it be something else?
Indighost
---

Re: Need ideas on Prey Mode for the game I am working on.

Postby Vitcent » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Sooo fundamentally there's something that always irks me playing as prey in vore games that I see a lot! I -want- to be eaten, that is the reward I want from vore games. If you make vore only be a game-over situation you are essentially forcing your player to lose on purpose to see the reward they want to see. Yes if you like fatal vore it makes sense that your character dies but mechanically this is pretty bad game design since the win condition is less/no vore, and lose condition is more detailed vore scenes.

So I'd really encourage you to think outside of 'you get digested -> you lose' and punishing players with game-over screens since you're not making a typical game, you're making a vore game! If you can make the win condition be more vore and the lose condition be less/no vore, then you'll have a game that you'll much rather want to play instead of losing on purpose just to get to the reward!
Vitcent
Somewhat familiar

Postby Indighost » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Vitcent wrote:If you can make the win condition be more vore and the lose condition be less/no vore, then you'll have a game that you'll much rather want to play instead of losing on purpose just to get to the reward!

As a predator type guy myself, I have this covered with eating bad guys giving you bonus rewards for transformation as well as bonus experience points.

But, for prey, I need YOUR suggestions :) What do you suggest? Let me be sure I understand: Just being non-fatally eaten and then thrown up/full tour is not what you want, you instead want to be digested? In that case, what result would you prefer?
Indighost
---

Postby Krono » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:53 pm

I like how Predators Colluseum, Bards Song, MMA, MMA2 and Nyan adventures does it. Just set a spawn point (if lose: transfer player, set stats full). Being non-fatally eaten and thrown up is fun and all, but personally I like the thrill of being completely downgraded to nothing but a food item. :gulp:
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Indighost » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:22 pm

Krono wrote:I like how Predators Colluseum, Bards Song, MMA, MMA2 and Nyan adventures does it. Just set a spawn point (if lose: transfer player, set stats full). Being non-fatally eaten and thrown up is fun and all, but personally I like the thrill of being completely downgraded to nothing but a food item. :gulp:

Thanks for the comment. Is that like a "saved game" or "auto-save" ?
Indighost
---

Postby RC8015 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:24 pm

I like beeing prey aswell, and I like fatal vore aswell (unbirth with femcum transformation most^^). Sure there can be an "easy mode" in which you are simply thrown up or pass out and wake up in your camp after getting eaten and digested, but I like it to simply end in my predator.
Maybe a possibility to continue as the predator, so you get some/the important items from your past self and then continue as the one who has digested you. Then you can keep playing and even switch character if you like the enemies design more than your own right now.

So yea, let them end us if the devour us completly, with a fatal end and a toogle for scat (or masturbation if its cock vore/unbirth).
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Indighost » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Okay, and do you want only the point of view inside the predator during the prey scene or external 3rd person point of view as well?
Indighost
---

Postby 3rasvok » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:59 pm

I don't think anyone would mind having both.
3rasvok
Been posting for a bit

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:17 pm

As long as being willingly eaten is always an option, I'll love it, whatever the system is. Even moreso if going willingly makes the preds act different, or is otherwise acknowledged.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Indighost » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Ok, unbirth and willing prey are 2 things that I didn't think of. I think I can do them without too much extra work, but i'll see. Thank you for the ideas :)

EDIT: New problem. What if somebody who's a gender you don't like, tries to eat you? I wonder if it's worth adding a "NO" button, or a preference option, or if that would feel too much like a cheat.
Indighost
---

Postby Erecant » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:34 pm

I've always been partial to betrayal for prey scenes. Have a friend/party member gulp you down after a hard fight while your guard is down.

Alternatively, a non predatory trip into a friend's belly turns dangerous as said friend changes their mind, falls asleep, or finds she is unable to release you as intended.

The first in particular seems to be able to fit your game setting well, particularly if you intend to have friendly npcs down the line.

--Erecant

Edit after reading your edit>>>

You could have an optional flag at the start of the game, or a menu you could revisit that lets the player set preferences. If a potential pred does not meet criteria, they will simply never use for a related attacks, thus removing the break of immersion caused by giving the player right of veto.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Indighost » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:59 pm

Erecant wrote:You could have an optional flag at the start of the game, or a menu you could revisit that lets the player set preferences. If a potential pred does not meet criteria, they will simply never use for a related attacks, thus removing the break of immersion caused by giving the player right of veto.

That's a really good idea. After all, if it was your non-preferred gender, any video-game player would not have any objection to them just whacking you in the face with a giant hammer rather than eating you, and there would be no difference in regard to the difficulty of the game xD

Thanks for the great idea! :)
Indighost
---

Postby Kuru » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:11 pm

Implementing non-fatal vore on the prey side is a difficult solution for a number of reasons. For one it may depend entirely on the predator in question. Would it make sense in universe in your game for every predator you run into to throw you back up or travel through them safely for no real reason? Perhaps certain predators may prefer this as a form of humiliation or domination without wishing to end you? Certainly perhaps for scenes with NPC's, for example willing vore with a friend who wouldn't intend to gurgle you up unless you requested it. But when running into something in the wild it's more of a difficult question to answer, as a random bandit may have no issue with killing you.

The simple way would be as was suggested, an option to toggle all scenes as prey to be non-fatal. Perhaps in a fetish section which allows you to turn off vore you don't like or certain things you don't like, such as anthro's or herms. It means the player isn't punished or forced to reload and they will simply "wake up" some time after being eaten, losing some money or whatever other punished there is for losing. It would essentially be a form of easy mode, while the hard mode is game over. Another option is to autosave before every single encounter so if the player does end up digested, they can easily flick back after witnessing the scene. This too is a bit cheap, lessens difficult and means that the player isn't rewarded for being prey.

Another option instead of those which I think would work considerably better but would require work put into it is perhaps a certain build the player can opt for as prey. Essentially they attempt to get eaten through whatever means and attempt to pleasure their predator from inside. You can tease them prior to vore, rub them inside, massage their insides, squirm if they like that sort of thing, perhaps even try to enhance your taste as a passive. You'd be trying to be the perfect prey for anyone you wish to feed yourself to and win fights that way. If successful the predator may like you enough to not digest you, unless you really wished to, giving the player that option if they so wished. Otherwise you eventually end the encounter as you would a victory having defeated your opponent by simply being too delicious! It rewards the player for attempting to be prey as certainly many people playing would rather be the one being eaten. It establishes it as a mechanic and something in-game without forcing the player to reload to see every encounter outcome. Maybe later down this "skill-line" would be the option to reform after becoming the ultimate prey, giving no downside to fatal vore. Otherwise perhaps reformation amulets or potions could be a thing.
(✿ ♥‿♥)
Kuru
Been posting for a bit

Postby The_Prof » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:26 pm

hmmm I would recommend adding a "vore modifier" to the formula that can make it easier/harder to eat based off factors. For example trying to eat someone at full health would be much harder then trying to eat someone injured, if the would be pred is of a smaller size class then the prey it gets harder.

Of course with the mechanics of the game one could in theory stack several modifiers in ones favor to make silly things like a mousegirl eating a dragon happen. Just depends on the rolls
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby vintious » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:37 pm

This idea is awkward in practice, but it could be a mutual thing of feeding yourself to a pred, losing some plant toxin build-up that protect you from digestiong but also weaken you, and getting a mana boost to compensate. Just sort of mimicking the act of being a plant, I guess. Having it be an actual mechanic, would be balancing the diet between meat and fruits, so there's a motivation to just eat a shit-load of fruits and ensure a temporal safety, or double-down on meats with fruit being a small snack.
Disagreeable
vintious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby squeekydragon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:03 am

Mid battle vore is always interesting. After the predator eats the player the damage turns into digestion damage until they escape, and once the players health goes all the way down then it goes to cut scene or they are digested on the spot.
squeekydragon
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:21 am

I've always thought maybe getting eaten should be a benifit.

Like maybe you take over your devourer.

Or maybe the title of "Savior of the world" or what ever, gets transfered up the food chain to more and more powerfull beings, and ultimately they save the world not because they exactly were trying to, but because it was destiny.

So the point would be either to find things to eat you, or to just continue on as someone else even if you do get eaten.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Netjak » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:45 am

The only thing I can think of adding to this discussion would be to dispute that only dexterity should influence the defencive check against a hungry opponent. I get that just straight up dodging the grapple is one way to go, but grappling someone stronger than yourself, even if they are clumsy and not at all agile, unless you have the drop or something on them, is a lot harder than retaining a grip of a weak person, right?
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Indighost » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:11 pm

Lots of good ideas here.

- I made dexterity the vore defense stat because, while this game doesn't have classes, I didn't want the vore system to favor intelligence or strength based players.

-i like the idea that player could offer himself to a certain predator.

-becoming the predator after being digested is an interesting idea but kind of too out of my scope at the moment.

- auto save is certainly an option although would make the game easier. I could always have an optional hardcore mode.

- hp percentage is a factor in vore yes.

- karu I really like the idea that instead of the prey wiggling properly forcing the predator to vomit, it could instead cause them so much pleasure that they actively decide not to digest you. Basically a re-flavoring.

However I have friend who looooooves forcing predators to vomit lol. How do I please everybody?? :)

I could do an option for Prey Pleasures Predator Mode and Prey Pains Predator Mode but I think that would take away some of the "bite" if that option existed. These are not easy decisions
Indighost
---

Postby Erecant » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:00 pm

As for the last, you could make two separate action sets for prey, one cycle for pleasure, one for indigestion. Each pred could be more or less susceptible to each style, say for those weak to indigestion, a failed attempt will cause the petty less damage than normal. This will allow both styles of scene for each encounter, while keeping each unique and challenging in their own way.

Additionally this would add a layer of strategy to the game for power gamers, suss out which is best for what pred. But, as both are always viable to some degree, you can stick to your preference, with the only drawback being some encounters will be a bit more challenging.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game