Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Mods, help wanted)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Mods, help wanted)

Postby 456yoga » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:40 am

Well, this is my first big post anywhere I guess but here it is.

I'd like to start with a disclaimer that this is not fully fledged yet but just an idea. I'm mostly asking for help or tips when it comes to this stuff because I have extracted all of the game files to my pc but cannot do anything with them. I like to think of this close to a project M or SSB4 mods and hacks because well it is similar being on the wii u and such. So far I have ideas for monsters to use pin attacks for the vore animations (like a Great Jaggi doing a leap -> AV -> poop out for fail or throw up for success) My only problem is that I don't have the right programs to extract files from these .arc files and then I would need more programs to edit animations, coding, and textures. Anyone interested I will leave a random .arc file here and if someone can figure out how to extract files from it I may then start this, take suggestions, and post tutorials. Thanks and looking forward to this.

https://mega.nz/#!9f5GHSpS!llruTbkpKrtg ... GtA-tF4m74
Last edited by 456yoga on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
456yoga
New to the forum

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(Hacks, textures, and vore pins

Postby Crazyman536 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:27 pm

I have a few quick questions on this project.
Are there plans for online play? (I'm assuming no given the nature of the mod, but one can dream)
Assuming online is a no-go, do you plan to modify the stats on the online only monsters to make them manageable for solo play?
our little shakalaka buddies are able to break players out of pin moves, do you have any thoughts on how that will work out with vore moves?
Do you plan to add in any armors with new abilities? Namely things like reduced pin damage, that way people can see the animation several times without carting.
Crazyman536
Somewhat familiar

Postby Crazyman536 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:27 pm

I have a few quick questions on this project.
Are there plans for online play? (I'm assuming no given the nature of the mod, but one can dream)
Assuming online is a no-go, do you plan to modify the stats on the online only monsters to make them manageable for solo play?
our little shakalaka buddies are able to break players out of pin moves, do you have any thoughts on how that will work out with vore moves?
Do you plan to add in any armors with new abilities? Namely things like reduced pin damage, that way people can see the animation several times without carting.
Crazyman536
Somewhat familiar

Postby 456yoga » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Crazyman536 wrote:I have a few quick questions on this project.

Good questions indeed
Online would most likely be no unfortunately because idk how to make it possible with people who don't have the mods (although I have used a size and strength modifier and it has worked online found from this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvQtC6 ... TbVykDw1sA ). Quests for say online or off I did not make plans for being that this is a monster specific hack and less of new quests. The shakalaka bros "saving the day" will most likely still force the monster into the same state as per usual (flinching and a quick release) but if players find this anoying they can just not use them. No armors or abilities in mind for it could get hectic for just me (I'm no artist) but again with coding some abilities could be arranged like: less pin damage (that is a nice idea) or more pin time or even insurance from Monster Hunter Generations (gives an extra cart). As for right now, these things sound great yet I have no way of performing these until I can find a .arc extractor (trust me I've tried SOOO much).
456yoga
New to the forum

Postby Crazyman536 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:00 am

456yoga wrote:
Crazyman536 wrote:I have a few quick questions on this project.

Good questions indeed
Online would most likely be no unfortunately because idk how to make it possible with people who don't have the mods (although I have used a size and strength modifier and it has worked online found from this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvQtC6 ... TbVykDw1sA ). Quests for say online or off I did not make plans for being that this is a monster specific hack and less of new quests. The shakalaka bros "saving the day" will most likely still force the monster into the same state as per usual (flinching and a quick release) but if players find this anoying they can just not use them. No armors or abilities in mind for it could get hectic for just me (I'm no artist) but again with coding some abilities could be arranged like: less pin damage (that is a nice idea) or more pin time or even insurance from Monster Hunter Generations (gives an extra cart). As for right now, these things sound great yet I have no way of performing these until I can find a .arc extractor (trust me I've tried SOOO much).

That's the nice thing about talismans. just need to set up the skill requirement and give the talismans a chance to spawn with either decreased/increased pin damage and duration or the increased number of carts. The only hassle with the talismans is making sure to add the modified talismans to all the potential tables, all 23(?) of them.

Edit: I completely forgot that there's a couple of "armors" which basically leave you running around in your underwear. Alatreans 3 armor pieces were a few small accessories. That, and I completely forgot about adding gems to armor. So there are options like adding little earrings or somethng in place of actual armor.
Crazyman536
Somewhat familiar

Re: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Mods, help wanted)

Postby 456yoga » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:55 pm

I love ideas and things to think about for the mod but right now I can't do anything until I figure out how to deal with these files so I have just tweeked the title
456yoga
New to the forum

Postby DarkPinkie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:01 am

You needed a program to extract the ARC files? Took me a couple of google searches and about five minutes to find. Enjoy.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/ARCTool
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby 456yoga » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:24 pm

DarkPinkie wrote:You needed a program to extract the ARC files? Took me a couple of google searches and about five minutes to find. Enjoy.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/ARCTool

Yes, I have seen this before and gave up quick trying it. But I think I'll hit the books and try to get this to work again. This may take time (procrastination and school) but I'll definitely try this. Thank you very much!
456yoga
New to the forum

Postby DarkPinkie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:43 am

I mean, I saw a lot of things when googling it, but from my experience that seemed the most likely to work on Nintendo's special arc files.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Return to Vore game