Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby JustAQuinn » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:02 pm

nullstuff wrote:Personally, and I feel like I'm likely the minority here, I really like save or die type mechanics, assuming the player is given advance notice. My favorite part of this game is how powerful the giantesses seem, and perhaps I'm a masochist, but if I'm fighting a giantess for my life and not just an extended stay inside her, I really want to feel like I'm fighting for my life. Pert of that is difficulty based; I want to have a fighting chance of getting away, and I'd love to have one or two close calls, but if I screw up I kinda want to be punished for it. But, and this is the other half of the appeal of fatalty, I want there to be a real risk involved. If I lose to a giantess and I get digested/cummified/etc, I really don't want it just to be an "oops, you died, back to the game!" Kind of scenario, I want to see that game over screen and have that finality.


That's not a save or die.

Save or Die is a reference to Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition, also known as save-or-suck. Basically means you made ONE mistake and you lose everything. For example if a giantess could try to cummify you and you get one chance to avoid it, and just that one chance, that'd be save or die.

I love the fight, but my major motivator for escape from the giantesses was the boredom of not being allowed to play the game until I escape.

I do enjoy the challenge of the game in some forms, I personally struggle with figuring out the AI, but I feel the escape attempts really show off the giantesses' powers. The pleasure victories are the exception as it's kinda annoying how the AI is designed to directly counter pleasure victories in all forms so that they become battles of attrition rather than just being harder to achieve. No one I know can take a deep breath and let off 20% of their lust in an instant lol.


generalr wrote:fatal assumption


So you didn't answer my other questions. Just as I feared, then. There are no plans to change the way stats are gained, no plans to change the way they're lost, and you are just gonna go for a in the middle design.

On that particular 'fatal assumption' as you put it, I'm fine making that assumption: perhaps wanting to get stronger is a good idea as it's the only sense of control I have over the game. The game design leads me to believe I want to escape, and increasing stats is the only way that has been implemented to even further that goal outside of learning the AI. So now you're telling me that high stats aren't always good. There isn't an easy way to lose stats either besides constantly throwing myself at the girl who shrinks you really small. This is a problem I think you're gonna have to address at some point in development, though I feel you already have some ideas for the next update.

HollowSnack wrote:compromise


If the character dies and gets resurrected they aren't "trapped in endo fun" they're dead and resurrected. This is more a compromise between fatal and non-fatal. Which is hard to pull off and suit most people. A good example of a game that pulls off that is Mashiro's Exploration Record. Mashiro can't die, she's sadomasochistic, and so are all the girls ready and willing to gobble her up but her stay is never long. One of my favorite things about this game is the entrapment aspect, and the girl who shrinks you inside her was actually my least favorite thing in the game as it was released around September 14th.

Reduced stats would make me just load a save file since there is no incentive I can think of that would make me want to play with reduced stats unless I specifically was aroused by slowly losing power or there was something I got for getting too weak.
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby generalr » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:35 pm

JustAQuinn wrote:
Spoiler: show
nullstuff wrote:Personally, and I feel like I'm likely the minority here, I really like save or die type mechanics, assuming the player is given advance notice. My favorite part of this game is how powerful the giantesses seem, and perhaps I'm a masochist, but if I'm fighting a giantess for my life and not just an extended stay inside her, I really want to feel like I'm fighting for my life. Pert of that is difficulty based; I want to have a fighting chance of getting away, and I'd love to have one or two close calls, but if I screw up I kinda want to be punished for it. But, and this is the other half of the appeal of fatalty, I want there to be a real risk involved. If I lose to a giantess and I get digested/cummified/etc, I really don't want it just to be an "oops, you died, back to the game!" Kind of scenario, I want to see that game over screen and have that finality.


That's not a save or die.

Save or Die is a reference to Dungeons and Dragons 3rd Edition, also known as save-or-suck. Basically means you made ONE mistake and you lose everything. For example if a giantess could try to cummify you and you get one chance to avoid it, and just that one chance, that'd be save or die.

I love the fight, but my major motivator for escape from the giantesses was the boredom of not being allowed to play the game until I escape.

I do enjoy the challenge of the game in some forms, I personally struggle with figuring out the AI, but I feel the escape attempts really show off the giantesses' powers. The pleasure victories are the exception as it's kinda annoying how the AI is designed to directly counter pleasure victories in all forms so that they become battles of attrition rather than just being harder to achieve. No one I know can take a deep breath and let off 20% of their lust in an instant lol.


generalr wrote:fatal assumption


So you didn't answer my other questions. Just as I feared, then. There are no plans to change the way stats are gained, no plans to change the way they're lost, and you are just gonna go for a in the middle design.

On that particular 'fatal assumption' as you put it, I'm fine making that assumption: perhaps wanting to get stronger is a good idea as it's the only sense of control I have over the game. The game design leads me to believe I want to escape, and increasing stats is the only way that has been implemented to even further that goal outside of learning the AI. So now you're telling me that high stats aren't always good. There isn't an easy way to lose stats either besides constantly throwing myself at the girl who shrinks you really small. This is a problem I think you're gonna have to address at some point in development, though I feel you already have some ideas for the next update.

HollowSnack wrote:compromise


If the character dies and gets resurrected they aren't "trapped in endo fun" they're dead and resurrected. This is more a compromise between fatal and non-fatal. Which is hard to pull off and suit most people. A good example of a game that pulls off that is Mashiro's Exploration Record. Mashiro can't die, she's sadomasochistic, and so are all the girls ready and willing to gobble her up but her stay is never long. One of my favorite things about this game is the entrapment aspect, and the girl who shrinks you inside her was actually my least favorite thing in the game as it was released around September 14th.

Reduced stats would make me just load a save file since there is no incentive I can think of that would make me want to play with reduced stats unless I specifically was aroused by slowly losing power or there was something I got for getting too weak.


At this moment, I have no plans to change the current stat growth method outright. For the coming update, the only real change to stats will come primarily from various other games allowing you to grow stats in relatively similar ways. No, there's not implemented a really good stat-sink yet, but there's also not much need for one at this time. The punishment for using the girl to grow back is relatively light and would take probably a single run in Vanessa to compensate for, it's more of a hint at things to come than an outright punishment - You don't start the game over from 0! On your complaints about Rita, she is currently really susceptible to pleasure attacks in this build. Sure it seems that pleasuring the giantess to orgasm is not the way to go, but it takes at least 2 turns to do a lust reduction of 20, and it gives you time to struggle out or rest as needed. Pleasure in the current build is best utilized as a utility for the player, not as a method of guaranteed escape. The girl cumming is just icing on the cake for people who want to play the game until they roll just right as of this build.

Though I don't think there will be much addressing your complaints in this update, I hope you can find some things you enjoy and continue to play the game. This is my first submission on updating the game and there will be significant differences and changes that come about as work continues.
generalr
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby scottypilgrim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:03 am

Personally a huge fan of fatality and the feeling of consequence for failure. Never was big into the whole "vore is just a fun time" thing. It just makes the whole thing feel kinda pointless to me. I liked the ferocity and need of the predator being forced onto a prey. They don't care or worry about their prey much like a toy or something they can just use to please themselves. Just voicing my own opinions, you do you of course.
User avatar
scottypilgrim
Participator
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:47 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby Seption » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:15 am

After see a lot of comments, I dont know how is going to finish this.

I like this game because is the first game I found where you dont die, It isnt a end, a game over, but a lot of people want a end game, fatal scenes, and I dont want that, I dont think that is the best form to continue this game.

Of corse, its only my opinion and the rest depend of the developer, generalr, if the game is going to have fatal scenes.
Seption
New to the forum
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:42 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby xonnicus94 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:48 am

How much do you think you can make an update?
It's only curiosity!
xonnicus94
New to the forum
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:01 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby HollowSnack » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:27 am

You know what? How did I not think of this sooner? A difficulty select is another option: Endo Casual (my name for easy) = no fatals or game overs but your stats don't increase as much. Fatal Normal = there can be fatal scenes and you can game over but in exchange your stats increase significantly more than in the easier difficulty.
HollowSnack
New to the forum
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby nullstuff » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:19 pm

[quote="JustAQuinn"][/quote]

Ah, my mistake. I assumed you meant the saving progress definition of save, rather than the saving throw definition of save. Sorry for that confusion. I agree completely that one single slip should never definitively spell the player's doom, unless it's made obvious in some way that making that choice will end you. But I do think that a significant slip up should be a sizable setback. I think one of the major appeals of this game is the sense of risk, that you're a toy in a giant woman's hands and that things could very easily go wrong if you're not careful. It's a very tough balance I admit, as a game with no risk is going to be boring, while a game with too much risk is simply frustrating. That's the same reason I disagree with having a severe stat drop as punishment for death; if you die and reload a save, it's no big deal, you get that lovely finality and realization of consequences, and you can immidiately take another crack at the battle. But if you have a serious stat drop, now you have to go on some challenge to restore yourself before you get another shot. It's frustrating, you don't really get any finality, and you're likely to just reload the last save anyway.
nullstuff
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:24 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby JustAQuinn » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:18 pm

generalr wrote:
At this moment, I have no plans to change the current stat growth method outright. For the coming update, the only real change to stats will come primarily from various other games allowing you to grow stats in relatively similar ways. No, there's not implemented a really good stat-sink yet, but there's also not much need for one at this time. The punishment for using the girl to grow back is relatively light and would take probably a single run in Vanessa to compensate for, it's more of a hint at things to come than an outright punishment - You don't start the game over from 0! On your complaints about Rita, she is currently really susceptible to pleasure attacks in this build. Sure it seems that pleasuring the giantess to orgasm is not the way to go, but it takes at least 2 turns to do a lust reduction of 20, and it gives you time to struggle out or rest as needed. Pleasure in the current build is best utilized as a utility for the player, not as a method of guaranteed escape. The girl cumming is just icing on the cake for people who want to play the game until they roll just right as of this build.

Though I don't think there will be much addressing your complaints in this update, I hope you can find some things you enjoy and continue to play the game. This is my first submission on updating the game and there will be significant differences and changes that come about as work continues.


First of all, I wanna say thank you for giving such a verbose reply and I appreciate your commitment to communication.

Making the penalty very very small but real is a great touch. I had my concerns it was going to be much heavier.
Considering pleasure can net an easy escape, I figured it was an alternative win condition and treated it as such.

As for the AI complaints, one thing you could do is have early girls provide some hint or way of figuring out what would work best. I feel like you tried to do that with Rina by mentioning she left a tiny in her to squirm but every girl wants tinies to squirm inside her so far.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it but the breast crush game was a really creative idea.

I appreciate the notice, and I share in your hope. If I enjoy Mashiro I can enjoy a game like it.

HollowSnack wrote:difficulty


That is an interesting idea that could be implemented by means of an if statement during or before death handling common events, most likely as a variable check. It also could become extra work, so it has its own issues...
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby alskalsrb » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:55 am

Please understand that I can not speak English because I am a foreign language.
I enjoyed your game so much! I would like to suggest some ideas that may improve the game.
While playing your game, I found the shrinking sequences and I thought it would be nice to see some game changers like new dialog options or difficulty changes depending on the player character's size. I also thought that it would be great to have a playable sequence with the girl who shows up on revival.
alskalsrb
New to the forum
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:19 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby HollowSnack » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:15 pm

JustAQuinn wrote:
generalr wrote:
At this moment, I have no plans to change the current stat growth method outright. For the coming update, the only real change to stats will come primarily from various other games allowing you to grow stats in relatively similar ways. No, there's not implemented a really good stat-sink yet, but there's also not much need for one at this time. The punishment for using the girl to grow back is relatively light and would take probably a single run in Vanessa to compensate for, it's more of a hint at things to come than an outright punishment - You don't start the game over from 0! On your complaints about Rita, she is currently really susceptible to pleasure attacks in this build. Sure it seems that pleasuring the giantess to orgasm is not the way to go, but it takes at least 2 turns to do a lust reduction of 20, and it gives you time to struggle out or rest as needed. Pleasure in the current build is best utilized as a utility for the player, not as a method of guaranteed escape. The girl cumming is just icing on the cake for people who want to play the game until they roll just right as of this build.

Though I don't think there will be much addressing your complaints in this update, I hope you can find some things you enjoy and continue to play the game. This is my first submission on updating the game and there will be significant differences and changes that come about as work continues.


First of all, I wanna say thank you for giving such a verbose reply and I appreciate your commitment to communication.

Making the penalty very very small but real is a great touch. I had my concerns it was going to be much heavier.
Considering pleasure can net an easy escape, I figured it was an alternative win condition and treated it as such.

As for the AI complaints, one thing you could do is have early girls provide some hint or way of figuring out what would work best. I feel like you tried to do that with Rina by mentioning she left a tiny in her to squirm but every girl wants tinies to squirm inside her so far.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it but the breast crush game was a really creative idea.

I appreciate the notice, and I share in your hope. If I enjoy Mashiro I can enjoy a game like it.

HollowSnack wrote:difficulty


That is an interesting idea that could be implemented by means of an if statement during or before death handling common events, most likely as a variable check. It also could become extra work, so it has its own issues...

True it has it's own issues in that it would require some extra work, however right now the state the project head is in right now is kinda of a "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" kind of way given the split opinions on fatal/non-fatal so I personally think having a difficulty option would allow both sides to sort of meet half way so to speak, it would also quell some complaints about escaping from some of the girls being too difficulit - I like the challenge myself but again the idea basically covers 3/4ths of the bases - I do not play baseball, but I'll apologize for the badly placed joke anyway ^^;
HollowSnack
New to the forum
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby BigDashT » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 am

Top tier communication between the dev and the playerbase. Triple A game companies take note :D
BigDashT
New to the forum
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:10 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby ian66613 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 am

BigDashT wrote:Top tier communication between the dev and the playerbase. Triple A game companies take note :D


The FFXIV Devs already do this.
ian66613
Advanced Vorarephile
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby wind » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:41 am

It seems everything go really well!Appreciate your composion.Cheers!


BTW,is the new updates going to have full tour?
wind
New to the forum
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:52 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby InverseTacquito » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:36 am

Bit of a problem, almost every single instance of escape leads to a black screen of death. You can pull up the pause menu, but that's about it. Also, as far as I can tell the only way to change night to day is to go back inside Marisa -- but even then, escape leads to the aforementioned black screen, with only one actual successful escape, but that was only after leaving her; if I try to use that trick after, say, getting out of the girl in the south hallway, it won't work.
"Anyone, anywhere can be a success. The key is lowering your standards."
InverseTacquito
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:47 pm
Location: AZ

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby generalr » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:08 am

InverseTacquito wrote:Black screens
Spoiler: show
Bit of a problem, almost every single instance of escape leads to a black screen of death. You can pull up the pause menu, but that's about it. Also, as far as I can tell the only way to change night to day is to go back inside Marisa -- but even then, escape leads to the aforementioned black screen, with only one actual successful escape, but that was only after leaving her; if I try to use that trick after, say, getting out of the girl in the south hallway, it won't work.

This build has a lot of black screens and not a lot of ways to change times just yet. It's a pretty bad combination. Thank you for being patient with the development. Please make lots of saves to keep your progress and have something to go back to in case you get that black-screen. Many of the battles were not closed out correctly and it leaves the screen black like this. I hope that the next update will have rectified most of these issues.

JustAQuinn wrote:AI hints
Spoiler: show
First of all, I wanna say thank you for giving such a verbose reply and I appreciate your commitment to communication.

Making the penalty very very small but real is a great touch. I had my concerns it was going to be much heavier.
Considering pleasure can net an easy escape, I figured it was an alternative win condition and treated it as such.

As for the AI complaints, one thing you could do is have early girls provide some hint or way of figuring out what would work best. I feel like you tried to do that with Rina by mentioning she left a tiny in her to squirm but every girl wants tinies to squirm inside her so far.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it but the breast crush game was a really creative idea.

I appreciate the notice, and I share in your hope. If I enjoy Mashiro I can enjoy a game like it.


I agree about poor hinting at characters' different styles. As the game grows, it should get lots of tweaks to characterization which includes the different statements and quips. I simply wrote a lot of them in two sittings and so many of them are repetitive and unhelpful. Blanks filled in for the sake of having blanks filled in really tends to deviate from the rules of dialogue design.

BigdashT and ian66666666666666 wrote:Complements

Dude, FFXIV is drugs, be careful with that stuff, it's addictive, that's why it's named IV.

wind wrote:Full tour?

Not quite yet. I've mentioned elsewhere that I haven't felt inspired on some of the stomach scenes. There are a few ways to do it that I can think of, but so far, all of them seem derivative. I think I'm going to stick with classic "fade to black" for a while until I can come up with a good implementation of full tour endo. So far, inspiration hasn't hit me. It'll probably wait until the next next update at this rate.
generalr
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby q142 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Would be cool if a guy in this game could eventually grow a little bit bigger, to normal size and maybe even a bigger.
q142
New to the forum
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:42 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby olgith » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:06 pm

q142 wrote:Would be cool if a guy in this game could eventually grow a little bit bigger, to normal size and maybe even a bigger.


I'd hate the popper of bubbles, but this games title and purpose is more or less a polar opposite of what you might be looking for. This game is about men (you) being lured to this all girl school to be turned into permanently shrunken (various sizes, but nothing above one foot in height, as described by the beginning segment) toys and pets. Free to live the rest of your life with no cares in the world aside from the girls who might be into more dangerous fetishes!

Growing back to your original size I would imagine to be an end-game scenario, where you could return to your old life (what little value it was really). Probably not a good ending to be sure, I'd like a better ending involves you attaining enough experience and power to defeat the "girl in the wall" and gain the ability to govern your own fate and mortality!

But to go further than this, to become a giant? This would be a different game in it's entirety, beyond the boundaries! I am not a fan of giant male content, and can only tolerate futa's at the very least (I've only started to tolerate cocks, because all of my favorite artists keep freaking drawing them, sometimes sifting through dozens of cocks to get to their other content!) It's a genre that goes hand in hand with this one despite my preference.

I can't speak for Generalr and his tastes. but It's my educated guess on the possible future of the game, that it will be a majority of female content, with a dash of futa. And you will likely be the only visible male (with mentions of the other males in notes, but they are likely all dead).
olgith
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby generalr » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Hey everyone! Today marks the halfway point for the development cycle which means that it's time to stop adding new features and start putting what's made in place. So far, we have:

Unbirth
Psuedo-Pregnancy event (It's not a game but an event I'll be working on it for future builds)
Anal Vore - One event
Oral Vore - two types
New Futa
Breast Crush - two events
Additional Shink events
Foot massage - one event

It's really not as much as it looks like, but it should really start to enhance what's already in the game. I've said before that giantess/size-play events are integral to the game story-wise. The focus will always be consumption, but the size-play element shouldn't be understated. I'd like to think most of the core systems for gameplay are developed at this point. I didn't get to properly finishing some of the elements in this cycle that I'd like, but I hope to continue to refine these systems as future builds come up. In particular, I haven't realized a foot play game I have stewing in my brain, and I haven't finished putting anal vore touches in place to make it feel different enough from unbirth (I just have to make sure it plays differently even though it's another tug-of-war). The new events will stop here for the next month while I focus on putting the events into the game in a way that is coherent and fits with the characters.

I want to thank you all for your continued patience, support, and contributions to the game! I'd like to especially thank rjgyo and 991J. Without their additions, my workload would have included a LOT more raw resource mining. Instead, thanks to their additions, the game update will be significantly more fruitful. I hope you all continue to enjoy playing the game, and I look forward to releasing the update as soon as I am satisfied with the polish on the next build.
generalr
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:44 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby joeburp22181 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:17 pm

That's great news. I can speak for myself at least when I say I'm thrilled to try these new aspects out! Thanks for all of your hard work guys!
User avatar
joeburp22181
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby olgith » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:45 pm

generalr


Thank you so much for this in-process update on what to look forward to! It's going to be chocked full of all sorts of wonderful content that should please all of your supporters (hopefully!). I wish you the best of luck and the wind at your back to the success of all your hard work!

I'd still suggest for you to offer a patreon option for small tidbits and sneak peeks, but I understand your reluctance to do so. People tend to think they are entitled to updates or content when money's involved, when it's entirely meant as a support option!

Man o man I can't wait to see what new unbirth stuff awaits, heck all of it seems fun (yes, even the futa, though only so-so :p) another month seems so far away...
olgith
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 11:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Absentia, Archangel64, bfreema4, deadsignal, Google [Bot], kitsune12, Starcomet, TeamFortress2 and 35 guests