Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.48 <<Updated: 11/05/2017>>

Postby Orosaki » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:42 pm

tonyvld wrote:
Pou28 wrote:Hey i have a question about Rita. In the escape mini game with the breasts it says that you have to mash left and right and then up. But everytime i try that nothing happens. It only goes on for a couple of seconds and then it just says that i surrender to her cleavage. Can somebody help me please? D:

Ok, somethin Orosaki might not know, you have to HOLD up the entire time and then alternate between the left and right arrow keys. If nothing happens at that point, or if you make little progress, then Orosaki would be correct, your character would need more strength, so try the method of just holding the up key and then alternating the right and left arrow keys. Hope this helps.

I already knew that. You'll see i help someone out in an earlier comment.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:47 pm

MetaLion32 wrote:Wow, my first time in posting on these types of forums haha I absolutely love the game generalr/Orosaki. The way the game mechanics work is absolutely fantastic, though throughout my time in playing I've seen some bugs. These are some:
On random occasions, when the player is willingly to be unbirthed by Vanessa, there is a chance that after you reach the max depth with her the scene does not end and gets stuck in a loop of infinite "pulls".
After escaping Marisa, I get a black screen. I fix this by simply going to the hallway and seek Anya to catch me and then escape.
After being shrunk and vored by Alice, there is a chance that no more characters spawn in.

Again, i'm not complaining lol. Very sweet game! truly appreciate the effort both of you put in the game :D

I only stepped in to do debugging when 0.48 came out I've already addressed most of the bugs that are in 0.48.
I'm also overhauling the horribly disorganized mess that is the minigame system. I can't tell you how many lines I've deleted that were just duplicates. Once i've refined the system there will be as few lines as possible without having any issues. I'm also implementing the relationship system too.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby joeburp22181 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Orosaki wrote:
MetaLion32 wrote:Wow, my first time in posting on these types of forums haha I absolutely love the game generalr/Orosaki. The way the game mechanics work is absolutely fantastic, though throughout my time in playing I've seen some bugs. These are some:
On random occasions, when the player is willingly to be unbirthed by Vanessa, there is a chance that after you reach the max depth with her the scene does not end and gets stuck in a loop of infinite "pulls".
After escaping Marisa, I get a black screen. I fix this by simply going to the hallway and seek Anya to catch me and then escape.
After being shrunk and vored by Alice, there is a chance that no more characters spawn in.

Again, i'm not complaining lol. Very sweet game! truly appreciate the effort both of you put in the game :D

I only stepped in to do debugging when 0.48 came out I've already addressed most of the bugs that are in 0.48.
I'm also overhauling the horribly disorganized mess that is the minigame system. I can't tell you how many lines I've deleted that were just duplicates. Once i've refined the system there will be as few lines as possible without having any issues. I'm also implementing the relationship system too.

Grateful to Generalr/Orosaki for all of the work they are putting into this. Words can't express.
joeburp22181
Participator

Postby firemagnet » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:02 am

Just some more feedback and suggestions

The events of some of the girls should differ based on whether you've previously had an encounter with them / escaped them, and so on. I just got alice's cleavage minigame (which hangs at the end if you lose to her, btw). Just some examples:

1. For instance, if the player humiliated her and her class, talking to Erica, the teacher, while trying to get back to the player's "normal" size should have her drag the player to the bathroom and try to [insert minigame here]. Losing the minigame would start that appropriate character chain, but winning would deactivate that particular dialogue flag.

2. Rita's dialogue if the player has been shrunk by her and goes to see her again once they're back to normal size should be different, too. Currently it just defaults to the normal "oh, can you help me with something," but given her vengeful persona and apparent objectification of the shrunken men in the area, wouldn't it be better to have her simply grab the player and attempt to stuff them right back in, akin to the dialogue the player sees if the player refuses her drink?

3. girls who are willing to unbirth the player when in mini-mini mode?

4. Alice's cleavage dialogue should change depending upon whether or not the player has completed her unbirth minigame and the subsequent event chains. For instance, she should be very happy to see the player and all the, uh, "opportunities" the player brings if the player falls into her cleavage after her unbirth minigame plays out. If the player loses, could that perhaps be the start of another event chain with Alice where she takes more precautions? What happens if the player falls into her clevage before playing her unbirth minigame? How does that affect things with her later on if she doesn't kill the player outright?

5. girls who are willing to / actively try to vore the player when in "regular" size?

6. do some of the girls girls try to insert / vore the player head-first to make it harder if the player interacts with them after escaping?

7. In line with the above, personalize the taunts of each girl during the unbirth minigames, e.g the shocked "you're willing, so you want this too, just a little more, stop struggling" lines.

8. Does Vanessa eventually come around to oral vore as well, given that she didn't really care much about unbirthing before taking the player from Anya?

Overall, as a player, the relationships that they player has with the girls (or doesn't) strikes me as very important. The ability to "romance" them not in the romantic sense but in how the player can interact with them or how they decide to force themselves upon the player contains almost myriad possibilities. That being said, the characters already have very good directions and characterization, which makes their trajectories easy to see.
firemagnet
Been posting for a bit

Postby zer0s » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:09 am

i agree with the last post but will add

9. Correct endings for not escaping from the boob events. for Rita the only event ending is if you escape. if you fail or skip the event the game goes to the next scene like you are still unbirthed. more boob events for staying between them would be better until night when she tells you it is time to go back inside and does the unbirth event.
zer0s
New to the forum

Postby l371c4 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:26 am

generalr wrote:
l371c4 wrote:Time skips
Spoiler: show
Just got back. I like Orosaki's idea - a way to advance time for a price. The problem with the current system is that the time you can get shrunk is locked, and you can't go from night to day while shrunk (or at all without letting yourself get caught). Players WILL eventually find it tedious if they have to mash wriggle in and wriggle out for five minutes every time they want to advance the clock to find a specific time-sensitive event. Another potential solution is to have a sequence where instead of wriggling in a bunch of times once a scene plays where the player is consumed(the wriggle in once option can still be used to train strength etc.) Just a thought you might be able to use.

I hope the suggestions that I'm giving don't mask the amount of appreciation I have for the product so far. It's fantastic and heading in the right direction

I don't care if players find the time-skip tedious. I'm not going to include an upgraded version, but maybe I'll make it loop back from 6 rather than 10. I agree with what another player said, it's better to have a way to check the time than anything else right now. I'll probably implement that soon.

That's completely fair and I appreciate your honesty. I'll shut up about it for now then.
l371c4
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:03 am

firemagnet wrote:Just some more feedback and suggestions

The events of some of the girls should differ based on whether you've previously had an encounter with them / escaped them, and so on. I just got alice's cleavage minigame (which hangs at the end if you lose to her, btw). Just some examples:

1. For instance, if the player humiliated her and her class, talking to Erica, the teacher, while trying to get back to the player's "normal" size should have her drag the player to the bathroom and try to [insert minigame here]. Losing the minigame would start that appropriate character chain, but winning would deactivate that particular dialogue flag.

2. Rita's dialogue if the player has been shrunk by her and goes to see her again once they're back to normal size should be different, too. Currently it just defaults to the normal "oh, can you help me with something," but given her vengeful persona and apparent objectification of the shrunken men in the area, wouldn't it be better to have her simply grab the player and attempt to stuff them right back in, akin to the dialogue the player sees if the player refuses her drink?

4. Alice's cleavage dialogue should change depending upon whether or not the player has completed her unbirth minigame and the subsequent event chains. For instance, she should be very happy to see the player and all the, uh, "opportunities" the player brings if the player falls into her cleavage after her unbirth minigame plays out. If the player loses, could that perhaps be the start of another event chain with Alice where she takes more precautions? What happens if the player falls into her clevage before playing her unbirth minigame? How does that affect things with her later on if she doesn't kill the player outright?

5. girls who are willing to / actively try to vore the player when in "regular" size?

6. do some of the girls girls try to insert / vore the player head-first to make it harder if the player interacts with them after escaping?

7. In line with the above, personalize the taunts of each girl during the unbirth minigames, e.g the shocked "you're willing, so you want this too, just a little more, stop struggling" lines.

8. Does Vanessa eventually come around to oral vore as well, given that she didn't really care much about unbirthing before taking the player from Anya?

Overall, as a player, the relationships that they player has with the girls (or doesn't) strikes me as very important. The ability to "romance" them not in the romantic sense but in how the player can interact with them or how they decide to force themselves upon the player contains almost myriad possibilities. That being said, the characters already have very good directions and characterization, which makes their trajectories easy to see.

0 There are conditions for girls being met and some conditions for having escaped them that i am working on. I alreadyc added a condition where if you've previously escaped from marisa she allows you to go if you ask her.

1 that's not a bad idea.

2 that scene is based on a variable, you can't expect everything to be perfect. We are doing the best we can.

3 We haven't even finished all of the regular shrunken scenes yet and i'm presently workingon overhauling all the minigames. Not to mention bugs a plenty. I'm squashin them as i see em.

4 The relationship system is still in it's infancy don't expect too much too soon.

5 I don't know what generalr has planned in terms of that, but i imagine that'd be too much of a choking hazard. He's as big as their mouth you really want her to choke?

6 we will see but that might require making a different minigame

7 We will get around to it eventually some girls are already kind of personalized

8 I differ to my number 3 answer for this one.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:11 am

zer0s wrote:i agree with the last post but will add

9. Correct endings for not escaping from the boob events. for Rita the only event ending is if you escape. if you fail or skip the event the game goes to the next scene like you are still unbirthed. more boob events for staying between them would be better until night when she tells you it is time to go back inside and does the unbirth event.

The idea of staying in the boobs does have merit, but i can't imagine we will be making an event just for her to put the player back in her twat.

I mean does there really need to be an event for every detail it is a game after all.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby generalr » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:06 am

firemagnet wrote:

Orosaki did a huge amount of responding to this, but I'll chime in here, too - The name of the game is "Shrinking Fun" so that will be continuing theme of the game. If there's any same-size vore, it won't be coming for a while. That said, I do want to do more events like the opening sequence with mini-giantess interactions, but those will probably be rare.

As for head-in entry, it shouldn't be too tough, I've just be a little lazy with sourcing shrunken men pictures... That's kind of on me. That and we're trying to get everything working as it is now; I can only imagine what happens when that game comes about, and I believe the experience of rewriting AV that I've been putting off should be a good hunting ground for interesting effects and changes to the unbirth mini-game. Probably still come out headfirst though.

As for the more personalized dialogue bits - a lot of this is the limited scope of the game so far. This is really the "first stage" of the game where you can meet and greet the girls. As we get into the progression of the game, it should at least seem a little less stale.

Oh yeah, and the boobs. I'll write some excuses for it. I already got that reported by someone else.
generalr
Somewhat familiar

Postby firemagnet » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:22 am

generalr wrote:
firemagnet wrote:

Orosaki did a huge amount of responding to this, but I'll chime in here, too - The name of the game is "Shrinking Fun" so that will be continuing theme of the game. If there's any same-size vore, it won't be coming for a while. That said, I do want to do more events like the opening sequence with mini-giantess interactions, but those will probably be rare.

As for head-in entry, it shouldn't be too tough, I've just be a little lazy with sourcing shrunken men pictures... That's kind of on me. That and we're trying to get everything working as it is now; I can only imagine what happens when that game comes about, and I believe the experience of rewriting AV that I've been putting off should be a good hunting ground for interesting effects and changes to the unbirth mini-game. Probably still come out headfirst though.

As for the more personalized dialogue bits - a lot of this is the limited scope of the game so far. This is really the "first stage" of the game where you can meet and greet the girls. As we get into the progression of the game, it should at least seem a little less stale.

Oh yeah, and the boobs. I'll write some excuses for it. I already got that reported by someone else.

@generalr

With respect to "regular" size, I didn't actually mean same-size vore, but vore at the size the player is first shrunk down to. Mind you, the opening scenes only give some indication of what this is--about six inches tall(?). This doesn't seem to mesh entirely well with the UB scenes, though, where it's apparent that the player is somewhat smaller--perhaps three inches (7.5 cm). At least, that's what I've gathered from my observations.
firemagnet
Been posting for a bit

Postby l371c4 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:17 pm

generalr wrote:This is really the "first stage" of the game

Just focus on fleshing this out until you're satisfied with it. You've done a great job so far.

Did you say you had done some original artwork for this or edited/photoshopped some artworks? I noticed that Vanessa has a lot of different faces.
l371c4
Somewhat familiar

Postby vincentvchaos » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:17 pm

I'm super excited for the next update. But, I'm curious, with generalr and Orosaki working on two separate versions of the game to update, which version are we going to get, .50 or .50b? I'm good with either. I also hope ya'll don't mind that I've been going through various files and editing a couple of things. I'm thoroughly enjoying the game, no problem, but there's a part of my brain that twitches angrily when I see something. I'm not disparaging anyone's writing, that's just me being weird about english.
vincentvchaos
Somewhat familiar

Postby DiscordantlyYou » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:19 pm

Hey Orosaki, any chance of getting a copy of your debugged version? I'm trying to mess around with the base game, but I run into enough bugs that I just get too frustrated.
DiscordantlyYou
New to the forum

Postby tonyvld » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Anyone got a list of all scenes and how to get them in this update?
A kind twin tailed fennec kitsune.
tonyvld
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:44 pm

DiscordantlyYou wrote:Hey Orosaki, any chance of getting a copy of your debugged version? I'm trying to mess around with the base game, but I run into enough bugs that I just get too frustrated.

There are still a few bugs left in .50 but there only a couple that i didn't bother with, since i knew i'd be updating a later version. Also you'd have to ask general.

We're up to .50d now
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jeice » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Honestly, this game confuses me, as I'm not really sure how to progress. I can immediately win against one of the futas, and I can't win at all against the maid. Am I supposed to lose on purpose? Are there things that I'm missing preventing further exploration? Any tips regarding gameplay in general?

Thanks in advance
Jeice
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 991J » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Lol, no need to lose on purpose, but you'll likely lose the first few fights. At this point you just keep trying to escape throughout the day as the girl goes about her day to day activity. After each escape attempt, whether you get out or not, you get stronger based on how much you struggled. Eventually you'll be strong enough to escape any girl at will. Otherwise right now the game has no real plot and is just about exploring and trying different things.
991J
New to the forum

Postby l371c4 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Jeice wrote:Honestly, this game confuses me, as I'm not really sure how to progress. I can immediately win against one of the futas, and I can't win at all against the maid. Am I supposed to lose on purpose? Are there things that I'm missing preventing further exploration? Any tips regarding gameplay in general?

Thanks in advance

The futas will be tough the first few times but the longer you take the more strength you'll build and the more likely it is you'll escape. It'll come with time, just keep working at it.
l371c4
Somewhat familiar

Postby firemagnet » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:17 am

Jeice wrote:Honestly, this game confuses me, as I'm not really sure how to progress. I can immediately win against one of the futas, and I can't win at all against the maid. Am I supposed to lose on purpose? Are there things that I'm missing preventing further exploration? Any tips regarding gameplay in general?

Thanks in advance

Well, yes, you are supposed to lose to a certain extent. The more times you try to fight your way out of a particular girl and the longer you keep at it, the more strength and stamina your character gains. As for me, I usually skip the Futas and go straight to Rita in the south-east hall. I work around her for the first few cycles, and by the time I'm done with her, I can usually beat Anya and then spend some time with Vanessa. From there it's off to Alice, who is presently the "strongest" opponent in the game.

That being said, play it your own way, and be sure to enjoy the free porn.
firemagnet
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:28 am

firemagnet wrote:

Thanks in advance

Well, yes, you are supposed to lose to a certain extent. The more times you try to fight your way out of a particular girl and the longer you keep at it, the more strength and stamina your character gains. As for me, I usually skip the Futas and go straight to Rita in the south-east hall. I work around her for the first few cycles, and by the time I'm done with her, I can usually beat Anya and then spend some time with Vanessa. From there it's off to Alice, who is presently the "strongest" opponent in the game.

That being said, play it your own way, and be sure to enjoy the free porn.

This would be more closer to hentai than porn. Of course there aren't any tentacles or anything but even so.

In any case you guys probably want to know what's going down so here the most recent changelog

Debugger's Log Stardate 0.50D
Alice's jail scene has been completely redone and is now more lively to say the least.
Vanessa now working on the new minigame system.
Alice has been transferred to the new minigame system no problems detected
Anya has been transferred to the new minigame system
Rita is now on a new relationship system. The method to making her angry is still the same
Alice is now working on the new relationship system. Her ov event is going to take more work to get to
Changed Marisa's room scene she now appears at 2 and 4 times.
Put becky on the new minigame system.
Increased Becky's strength and depth by 250%. She was just a Marisa clone with different dialogue otherwise.
Anya's maid sceen now properly transitions when time is up.
Marisa is now on the new minigame system.
Rita is now on the new minigame system
Reworked Ov game to work under the new minigame system.
Vore map deleted as it was made obsolete by the new OV end turn common event
Debugging of OV game completed still requires some tuning at any rate.
Erica now on the new minigame system.
renamed Shrinking fun To Shrinking Fun Because Proper Capitalization Is King

Thiese are major changes to the structure of how the game works. Far more organized than it was before.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game