Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby zelphi » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:30 am

Two bugs to report: black screen happens still when you escape Alice and the second when you watch the kitchen scene and then jump into the room with the other scene with the two futas and the black haired girl the scene glitches and freezes game
hi i'm Yuki Mizuki.
zelphi
???

Postby Orosaki » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:25 pm

ian66613 wrote:I'm going to post this here from Giantess City because I think it needs to be addressed:

Jondon wrote:This is an open game, which means that anyone can continue it.

No, it isn't / doesn't. I can't tell you how much people hate me for doing minor alterations of artwork just to remove some dialog on it and have just the artwork (with the artist's signature / URLs/etc. still intact so that they still get credit.) In addition, I made a Yuki Onna face for RPG Maker using someone's work, and I did share it with them, but they deleted the message instantly and ignored me completely. (I obviously didn't share it with anyone else except for one person who was making a free to play game who was interested in having a Yuki Onna (and would've credited them anyway.)) People don't want you to alter/continue their work if they cannot do it themselves. They're also extremely stubborn about it too. IE: They will never share a textless version of a specific character's artwork if you share an altered version you did yourself, etc. (even privately.)

The problem with art and copyright laws however is that people forget that the Internet is a "Derivative" platform. If you don't go out of your way to say that you don't want people to alter your work, they will alter your work.

An example of this is in IGG's Wonderland Online, which uses paid hentai game CGs (that they didn't get permission for), alters their colors and some minor details, and puts it in. But this is where the whole copyright issue comes into play. I'll give Touhou as a better example as well. In the United States, we don't care if you alter another country's copyrighted content unless they specifically get copyright in our country in some way or another. This is why there's so many commercially available touhou pieces of fan work (on steam even) without ZUN's permission. Since ZUN has no company or branch within the United States, they are under the jurisdiction of Japanese laws, not our own laws. We do not enforce other country laws unless it becomes an international incident between our country and theirs.

------ End Giantess City Post ------

While I did say before in this thread that you could continue it if you wanted to, since it's RPG Maker MV, and doesn't require the project file like VX Ace and older does, it doesn't mean you should continue it.

I also is important to note that given that two separate entities have worked on this (ninja and general) it makes continuing it a messy business too, While i was working on it i was doing the best i could to organize everything better, so that it would not be confusing. So even if you decide to continue working on it you may become disheartened by how everything is kind of messy and all over the place.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby gam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Someone keeps saying that you can open the project only with the game files, though I cant figure it out. To be honest the mechanics don't seem too complicated. If the project does turn out to be too messy, a clean start could be a good idea.
gam
New to the forum

Postby Anomaly89 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:23 pm

gam wrote:Someone keeps saying that you can open the project only with the game files, though I cant figure it out. To be honest the mechanics don't seem too complicated. If the project does turn out to be too messy, a clean start could be a good idea.

if you have rpgmaker mv then create a new project and copy paste all the files (except the .exe file) into the new project. as far as i know you cannot open the project without rpgmaker mv.
Anomaly89
Been posting for a bit

Postby gam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Gonna try that tomorrow, thanks!
Edit: so I did that, and when I press play in RPG maker shrinking fun opens, but I still can't access any of the games assets. I think I need the original .rpgprojet file.
gam
New to the forum

Postby Derp342 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:46 am

Is there any written guide/walkthrough so I can avoid missing some hidden or out of the way event.
Derp342
New to the forum

Postby acutelittlerabbit » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:16 am

Awesome game! ^^
acutelittlerabbit
New to the forum

Postby MetaLion32 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:11 pm

Hey sorry for commenting again, I got a question though. Is the girl for Vanessa based on an anime character? I know Alice must've been inspired by Torigami I think her name is? From Date a Live.
MetaLion32
New to the forum

Postby Jondon » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:56 pm

MetaLion32 wrote:Hey sorry for commenting again, I got a question though. Is the girl for Vanessa based on an anime character? I know Alice must've been inspired by Torigami I think her name is? From Date a Live.

I think vanessa is based on yamato from kantai collection and alice is definitely hamakaze from kantai collection
Jondon
New to the forum

Postby MetaLion32 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Jondon wrote:
MetaLion32 wrote:Hey sorry for commenting again, I got a question though. Is the girl for Vanessa based on an anime character? I know Alice must've been inspired by Torigami I think her name is? From Date a Live.

I think vanessa is based on yamato from kantai collection and alice is definitely hamakaze from kantai collection

Ohh yeah you're right lol
MetaLion32
New to the forum

Postby ikazuchi » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:32 pm

Since this project is more or less dead i decided for myself to try to rebuild it from scratch.

Or more accurate:

I keep the art, the writing, the room layouts..
and rewrite events etc. (maybe optimize it to make it less frustrating in some instances)

Since i have an 8-5 job and a family this might take a while...
ikazuchi
Been posting for a bit

Postby goldkingpie » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:07 pm

ikazuchi wrote:Since this project is more or less dead i decided for myself to try to rebuild it from scratch.

Or more accurate:

I keep the art, the writing, the room layouts..
and rewrite events etc. (maybe optimize it to make it less frustrating in some instances)

Since i have an 8-5 job and a family this might take a while...

can't wait to see
goldkingpie
Been posting for a bit

Postby ikazuchi » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:15 am

will take a long time.
So far i am not happy with the vore combat system.

I tried to migrate it to the normal battle mechanics, but I guess the event based system was better anyway.
Main character for HP, Main character MP for Stamina.
MP=0 lead to an exhaustion auto defeat
HP=0 lead to the vore defeat
HP=100 lead to vore escape

It basically worked but compared to the old system it feels too gamey / clean.

Doing the Maps and regular events is not a problem but the vore fights give me headaches.
I think i will do it somewhat like the original and set variables before the "event" and then just make it a row of decisions with slightly randomized outcomes.
Similar to the old system but maybe a bit more accessible

Maybe i will replace the vore fights with regular decisions and slideshows for now, so i can finish the skeleton of the game first.
ikazuchi
Been posting for a bit

Postby blaziken » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:01 am

ikazuchi wrote:will take a long time.
So far i am not happy with the vore combat system.

I tried to migrate it to the normal battle mechanics, but I guess the event based system was better anyway.
Main character for HP, Main character MP for Stamina.
MP=0 lead to an exhaustion auto defeat
HP=0 lead to the vore defeat
HP=100 lead to vore escape

It basically worked but compared to the old system it feels too gamey / clean.

Doing the Maps and regular events is not a problem but the vore fights give me headaches.
I think i will do it somewhat like the original and set variables before the "event" and then just make it a row of decisions with slightly randomized outcomes.
Similar to the old system but maybe a bit more accessible

Maybe i will replace the vore fights with regular decisions and slideshows for now, so i can finish the skeleton of the game first.

if it me i think i prefer the old battle system lol
if fail to escape can just build up stats and try again
blaziken
Been posting for a bit

Postby ikazuchi » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:28 pm

blaziken wrote:.
if it me i think i prefer the old battle system lol
if fail to escape can just build up stats and try again

Obviously it would have been the same with my system.
Loosing does not end in game over.
Stats would increase like in romancing saga, so the same as with the old system.
There are not even plug ins needed to handle this.

The main problem is that the battle system does not offer enough variables I could work with.
At least I do not know how just yet.
So going for an event based system seems to be the easier choice.
ikazuchi
Been posting for a bit

Postby ikazuchi » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Anyhow, once i get to the point where i have more or less a 100% clone of the game (hopefully bug free)
I will definately need help creating more content. Creativity is not my strength.
ikazuchi
Been posting for a bit

Postby Archangel64 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:01 pm

I wrote with generalr and he/she is still working on it.
But the update isn't done yet.
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CrimsonRogue » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:03 pm

If anyone does do a restructure of the game, I would recommend moving Vore Encounters onto their own maps, away from the overworld maps: considering that you get warped to specific spots anyway, it would cut down on hassle, and allow for the same scenes to be accessed from different starting rooms much easier.
CrimsonRogue
New to the forum

Postby generalr » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:01 pm

Hi everyone. Been a while. Like what you've done with the place. Got some mod visits to spruce it up, that's cool that's cool.

Anyway - Yeah, I am still working on an update. Biggest partners in crime so far have been DevS098 from Insides and Momonari the artist providing lots of art for the next build. Major thanks to them, it doesn't keep growing without their input and efforts. Go play Insides if you haven't - it's like Dark Souls but vore.

I won't go into details, but it's the usual complaints of "life stuff".

Important Details: You can ABSOULTELY. 100%. WITH FULL PERMISSION FROM ME. Recreate and use this game however you want with one exception - no money changing hands. This game is made with assets sourced from all over the internet, and the only way it is at all acceptable is that there is no money from us. No patreons promoting what you work on, and no asking for donations for your work. That's all I can ask. If you do decide to do that sort of thing, you forfeit all sorts of legal protections and have very weak legal justification. I'd appreciate if you gave credit to all the people you work with. And you should probably not go claiming you made everything yourself. Shoulders of giants and all that.

If you want to work on this, fine, go for it. TheNinja0 and I agree on one thing about this project - it's about creating a game that inspires people to make more content in the future. I haven't been in contact with him, but I'm sure he'd agree that any meddling you do with the source and any modifications you make are fine and encouraged! Just don't go claiming you own it and continue in the spirit of encouraging others to make games.

I don't have an estimate for release of the next build other than soon(tm). There was a lot of updating since the last time I said soon(tm). So it's still soon(tm). But I swear it's getting closer.

Thank you all for being patient and getting inspired to work on stuff! I'd be glad to give any advice I can, feel free to shoot a PM.

Lastly - Again, Thanks to DevS for all of his passion and hard work - he's a huge part of this project in the background.
generalr
Somewhat familiar

Postby BigDashT » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:52 am

generalr wrote:Hi everyone. Been a while. Like what you've done with the place. Got some mod visits to spruce it up, that's cool that's cool.

Anyway - Yeah, I am still working on an update. Biggest partners in crime so far have been DevS098 from Insides and Momonari the artist providing lots of art for the next build. Major thanks to them, it doesn't keep growing without their input and efforts. Go play Insides if you haven't - it's like Dark Souls but vore.

I won't go into details, but it's the usual complaints of "life stuff".

Important Details: You can ABSOULTELY. 100%. WITH FULL PERMISSION FROM ME. Recreate and use this game however you want with one exception - no money changing hands. This game is made with assets sourced from all over the internet, and the only way it is at all acceptable is that there is no money from us. No patreons promoting what you work on, and no asking for donations for your work. That's all I can ask. If you do decide to do that sort of thing, you forfeit all sorts of legal protections and have very weak legal justification. I'd appreciate if you gave credit to all the people you work with. And you should probably not go claiming you made everything yourself. Shoulders of giants and all that.

If you want to work on this, fine, go for it. TheNinja0 and I agree on one thing about this project - it's about creating a game that inspires people to make more content in the future. I haven't been in contact with him, but I'm sure he'd agree that any meddling you do with the source and any modifications you make are fine and encouraged! Just don't go claiming you own it and continue in the spirit of encouraging others to make games.

I don't have an estimate for release of the next build other than soon(tm). There was a lot of updating since the last time I said soon(tm). So it's still soon(tm). But I swear it's getting closer.

Thank you all for being patient and getting inspired to work on stuff! I'd be glad to give any advice I can, feel free to shoot a PM.

Lastly - Again, Thanks to DevS for all of his passion and hard work - he's a huge part of this project in the background.

HES BACK
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BigDashT
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game