Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.2 >>Updated: 9/14/2017<<

Postby zer0s » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:32 pm

nullstuff wrote:Wow, looks amazing! I'm hoping that timer up in the corner isn't just part of the debug hud, knowing that you have limited time left produces lots of fun tension. Also, I'd like to say that I am extremely impressed by your professionalism, generalalr. There's been tons of communication about the state of the game and I really enjoy and appreciate that!

i think it is part of the development hud. i would not recommend timers for a game like this but something with counters could work better. there could be a girl who gets bored if you take too many turns to increase pleasure. if you are still sticking out she crams you inside her or just leaves you if you are already deep inside, and goes about her business giving you a battle like the one with vanessa while she walks around.
zer0s
New to the forum

Postby neversurrender21 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:18 am

well for the maid it makes sense to have time limits and judging when she puts you in her cleavage i think itd be a nice usage of it. you can do time limits right you just have to surround them with explanation that isnt bullshit and dont make you die if they reach zero. wario land four and majoras mask do time limits well.
neversurrender21
Heavy user

Postby generalr » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:48 am

I think time limits work pretty well with this game in particular. There's a lot of turn based systems already in the game though, so it may feel like kind of a departure from what has gone before.

I want to keep most scenes turn based - for anything that has major implications for the direction the player is going, being able to plan your action is important. This is a smut game. putting caps on people's ability to enjoy the different things the game has to offer by putting a time limit on the player's actions is often a really negative implementation. This mini-game just feels way better with a time limit! There's a few different ways I want to use time limits to reward skill (augmented by stats to make it more accessible), but I do not currently intend to gate content behind a time limit.
generalr
Somewhat familiar

Postby zeroc69 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:01 pm

Loving the direction this is going; keep up the great work! Can't wait to see what comes next!
zeroc69
New to the forum

Postby Gunship544 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:59 pm

Looks like your making great progress Generalr can't wait to get my hand on the new content and thanks for doing this. :-D
Gunship544
New to the forum

Postby generalr » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:58 am

We're coming into the polish phase for this next month in about a week. Most of the event creation backbones work for me and do what they're supposed to, I've got images in place for three new games, two new game types, and enough material to start writing these into the gameplay. I still need to change a few things, so these pictures aren't final yet, but they'll give you an idea of what you can look forward to. Probably for the next week or so, I'll be focusing on AI playing how I want it to and making sure the games are coherent and repeatable.

I've attached a pic of the first Rita oral event, and I don't expect it to change much from where it's at right now aside from the text still reading with the Unbirth HUD. Thank you all again for your patience with my development process, and I hope to have a much less buggy experience this time around for the next build.
Attachments
ritad.png
generalr
Somewhat familiar

Postby Biergesetz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:33 am

This looks like it's going really well so far, nice work.
Biergesetz
Been posting for a bit

Postby joeburp22181 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:22 pm

Woot! Such a cool thing to come on and see, checking my time this round about all the vore games on EKA!

The biggest things I noticed, as you mentioned, some of the other scenes seemed unrepeatable, as if certain sections weren't meant to be played out of a specific order.

I thought it was pretty cool to get to a certain room, having the girls say 'you aren't ready' basically in a nut shell.

Not sure if it's already in the plans, but I thought a fun idea might be, to label somewhere, what power level you might need to be in a certain area. Even if it's not like a billboard or text on a wall, could be like a massage the pops up out of the middle of nowhere.... something to the effect like.... "You have a feeling you shouldn't venture down this corridor yet..." or something.

But back to the idea more of being able to repeat fights, or advance. It still seems somewhat buggy in the previous versions. The transition between day and night, doing certain fights, for what the game sees, as out of order. And at least from my experience, running into scenes that leave the player at a 'black screen', with no way of getting out of it, other than to close the game entirely, having to repeat what ever you were doing, all over again.

I noticed these bugs seemed to stem from things like getting partially unbirthed by the maid in the hallway, and instead of letting the tall 6'4" girl take you, if she loses to you, 'in my experience' at least, it can cause things to go all kinds of buggy for the maid after that. Black screens popping up, or even just before that, a brief screen where the large girl's face shows up with the message, "Hey, you aren't allowed to do that with the tinies, only school girls can do that!" before the screen either goes back to the maid having you struggle for her while she's working, or at worst, another black screen.

I tried advancing through the game this last time from version 0.2, but unfortunately I kept running into black screens, and I wasn't sure why. I wanted to get back to the girl who was in the bottom right corner of the building. Really loved her pantyhose and the way she acts with the 'hero' in question. I'd love to see something actually pan out for the woman who'd taken him into their dorms for his first time, her shrinking him and what not. Both at the shrunken size, and the ultra shrunken size. Maybe if it only started out with even just her, but to have the main girl be able to do something with the 'hero' both as a shrunken male, and a really tiny man, two different types of a scenes. One maybe like an oral, and the other, maybe like an unbirth, or even breast / nipple vore? Since we haven't seen that in the game yet.

As before, while I of course have likely no say over the entire event, and realize this game is free, I think a Patreon page would be appropriate for your works Generalr. I know I'd be willing to back you monthly for all of this work. I think you should get paid for doing it, especially if you're spending so much time making a great product.

With everything aside,

I look forward to seeing what this new content and fix patch will bring the game. Best wishes and best regards as always,

Joe

PS,

Do you think we'll ever see in game 'fatality' where the 'hero' meets up with a certain girl, who doesn't plan on being 'nice' enough to him to let him go once she has him. IE anything from breast fat / milk, cummification, being digested in a girl's stomach, so on and so forth?
joeburp22181
Participator

Postby gurjeet » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:40 pm

is oral vore like if you get swalowed a game over or can you still climb up

looking great btw
gurjeet
New to the forum

Postby generalr » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:05 pm

joeburp22181 wrote:All sorts of topics
Spoiler: show
Woot! Such a cool thing to come on and see, checking my time this round about all the vore games on EKA!

The biggest things I noticed, as you mentioned, some of the other scenes seemed unrepeatable, as if certain sections weren't meant to be played out of a specific order.

I thought it was pretty cool to get to a certain room, having the girls say 'you aren't ready' basically in a nut shell.

Not sure if it's already in the plans, but I thought a fun idea might be, to label somewhere, what power level you might need to be in a certain area. Even if it's not like a billboard or text on a wall, could be like a massage the pops up out of the middle of nowhere.... something to the effect like.... "You have a feeling you shouldn't venture down this corridor yet..." or something.

But back to the idea more of being able to repeat fights, or advance. It still seems somewhat buggy in the previous versions. The transition between day and night, doing certain fights, for what the game sees, as out of order. And at least from my experience, running into scenes that leave the player at a 'black screen', with no way of getting out of it, other than to close the game entirely, having to repeat what ever you were doing, all over again.

I noticed these bugs seemed to stem from things like getting partially unbirthed by the maid in the hallway, and instead of letting the tall 6'4" girl take you, if she loses to you, 'in my experience' at least, it can cause things to go all kinds of buggy for the maid after that. Black screens popping up, or even just before that, a brief screen where the large girl's face shows up with the message, "Hey, you aren't allowed to do that with the tinies, only school girls can do that!" before the screen either goes back to the maid having you struggle for her while she's working, or at worst, another black screen.

I tried advancing through the game this last time from version 0.2, but unfortunately I kept running into black screens, and I wasn't sure why. I wanted to get back to the girl who was in the bottom right corner of the building. Really loved her pantyhose and the way she acts with the 'hero' in question. I'd love to see something actually pan out for the woman who'd taken him into their dorms for his first time, her shrinking him and what not. Both at the shrunken size, and the ultra shrunken size. Maybe if it only started out with even just her, but to have the main girl be able to do something with the 'hero' both as a shrunken male, and a really tiny man, two different types of a scenes. One maybe like an oral, and the other, maybe like an unbirth, or even breast / nipple vore? Since we haven't seen that in the game yet.

As before, while I of course have likely no say over the entire event, and realize this game is free, I think a Patreon page would be appropriate for your works Generalr. I know I'd be willing to back you monthly for all of this work. I think you should get paid for doing it, especially if you're spending so much time making a great product.

With everything aside,

I look forward to seeing what this new content and fix patch will bring the game. Best wishes and best regards as always,

Joe

PS,

Do you think we'll ever see in game 'fatality' where the 'hero' meets up with a certain girl, who doesn't plan on being 'nice' enough to him to let him go once she has him. IE anything from breast fat / milk, cummification, being digested in a girl's stomach, so on and so forth?

Thanks for playing and giving such a thorough review! Yes, bugs are everywhere. Like.... stupid amounts of them in this build. I'm not going to promise a bug free build this time either, but most of that should be smoothed out by the time I get ready for the next release.

I'm really glad you noticed it has a bit of free-roaming aspect to it; that is fully intended and (I think) integral to the gameplay. One problem with lots of RPG maker games that I've sought to fight against is that the player shouldn't be required to do everything. They may miss some things, but they shouldn't have to do everything I program in order to enjoy the experience. It makes some of the problems for me a bit bigger, but I think it makes discovery all that much more enjoyable when you find it from exploration, not necessity. I need to really think out my hints carefully, though.

As far as fatality goes - I am a HUGE fan of bad ends for good boys :gulp: My only issue with it is that reloading and starting over sucks in a smut game. I would much, much rather have it so that you don't have to reload all the time, and I am working on my workaround for that. Letting you die and resurrect in some way (separate from the big girl when you shrink) is ideal to me. I am slowly putting together a way to make that work, but that's my working plan in the next next update, not the one for November.
generalr
Somewhat familiar

Postby joeburp22181 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:25 pm

Awesome. I look forward to everything we see from you!
joeburp22181
Participator

Postby Zephy231 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:55 pm

generalr wrote:As far as fatality goes - I am a HUGE fan of bad ends for good boys :gulp: My only issue with it is that reloading and starting over sucks in a smut game. I would much, much rather have it so that you don't have to reload all the time, and I am working on my workaround for that. Letting you die and resurrect in some way (separate from the big girl when you shrink) is ideal to me. I am slowly putting together a way to make that work, but that's my working plan in the next next update, not the one for November.

Aw, hell yeah. Can't wait for that oral scene now.
Zephy231
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dagaz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:58 pm

Fatal scenes? HOORAY! I hope they will be pleasant :D
Dagaz
New to the forum

Postby JustAQuinn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:11 pm

generalr wrote:
As far as fatality goes - I am a HUGE fan of bad ends for good boys :gulp: My only issue with it is that reloading and starting over sucks in a smut game. I would much, much rather have it so that you don't have to reload all the time, and I am working on my workaround for that. Letting you die and resurrect in some way (separate from the big girl when you shrink) is ideal to me. I am slowly putting together a way to make that work, but that's my working plan in the next next update, not the one for November.

Entrapment, endosoma, non-fatal, etc: I like these types of things myself and if fatality becomes a major gameplay component I hope it is not at the expense of the previous non-fatal content being used going forth. A mix is fine, even if I'm free to suggest anything, it's dumb and selfish to ask that no one else's ideas be allowed to be implemented in a game made by someone else who favors that content, but save-or-die mechanics always rubbed me the wrong way both in this fetish and in gameplay. Taking action to make fatal fun to experience isn't enough, I'd rather the game be still centered on the 'Fun' aspect. Playing with the giantesses at their game and trying to avoid confinement inside their body. I do understand for many people its quite the opposite and some are on the extreme end would prefer it is almost impossible to avoid death as normally it would be near impossible to avoid certain death at the hands of someone who already has caught you and is dead set on eating you. However, I personally really enjoy the fantasy non-fatal, escapable, or survivable scenarios.

I personally was not a fan of all of the girl who eventually shrinks you super tiny inside her and you have to trade stats to play the game again. I'd rather just load a game and avoid her content since girls have no tells and earning stats is unintuitive, even after reading the common events myself, so I'm even less likely to give them away for a chance to play the game again. I think it'd be a good idea to just implement a cumulative growth system one can spend on whatever growth they'd like to see in their escape attempts.

tl;dr will introduced fatality come at the expense of the previous style of non-fatal, escapable content? Do you have a plan for making earning them more intuitive? And if you plan on taking away the one thing we can control (stats), can you do something to soften the pain of loss aversion?
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar

Postby generalr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:02 pm

JustAQuinn wrote:
generalr wrote:

Entrapment, endosoma, non-fatal, etc: I like these types of things myself and if fatality becomes a major gameplay component I hope it is not at the expense of the previous non-fatal content being used going forth. A mix is fine, even if I'm free to suggest anything, it's dumb and selfish to ask that no one else's ideas be allowed to be implemented in a game made by someone else who favors that content, but save-or-die mechanics always rubbed me the wrong way both in this fetish and in gameplay. Taking action to make fatal fun to experience isn't enough, I'd rather the game be still centered on the 'Fun' aspect. Playing with the giantesses at their game and trying to avoid confinement inside their body. I do understand for many people its quite the opposite and some are on the extreme end would prefer it is almost impossible to avoid death as normally it would be near impossible to avoid certain death at the hands of someone who already has caught you and is dead set on eating you. However, I personally really enjoy the fantasy non-fatal, escapable, or survivable scenarios.

I personally was not a fan of all of the girl who eventually shrinks you super tiny inside her and you have to trade stats to play the game again. I'd rather just load a game and avoid her content since girls have no tells and earning stats is unintuitive, even after reading the common events myself, so I'm even less likely to give them away for a chance to play the game again. I think it'd be a good idea to just implement a cumulative growth system one can spend on whatever growth they'd like to see in their escape attempts.

tl;dr will introduced fatality come at the expense of the previous style of non-fatal, escapable content? Do you have a plan for making earning them more intuitive? And if you plan on taking away the one thing we can control (stats), can you do something to soften the pain of loss aversion?

You're making the fatal assumption that having higher stats is always better. For this build of the game, it is. That may not always be the case.
generalr
Somewhat familiar

Postby HollowSnack » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:22 pm

I have enjoyed this game so far (and this is from someone who's mostly 95% oral only) I think personally a nice compromise for those that like fatal and those who are happy with the trapped fun endo side of it would be like you said "die and resurrect in some way", but maybe have a minor penalty like say your stats have been reduced by a certain percentage, this would encourage players to do as well as they can to avoid a death (which those who dislike fatal would want to do anyway) but even if they fail, it just means making an escape is just a little bit harder, which would help those that might feel they get a bit overpowered a bit too quickly, and it being harder, means you get to play more,but having to think about your moves more carefully to compensate for those reduced stats
HollowSnack
Been posting for a bit

Postby DevS098 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:26 pm

generalr wrote:
JustAQuinn wrote:
generalr wrote:

You're making the fatal assumption that having higher stats is always better. For this build of the game, it is. That may not always be the case.

Wait.. does this mean we'll meet a girl that refuses to "play" with us if we are too strong? interesting..
Could open up some really interesting paths..for example there could be a girl that tricks you refusing to have fun with you if you are too strong. Then you weaken yourself, visit her again..and you find out she's much more stronger than she made us believe! :gulp:
DevS098
Participator

Postby nullstuff » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Personally, and I feel like I'm likely the minority here, I really like save or die type mechanics, assuming the player is given advance notice. My favorite part of this game is how powerful the giantesses seem, and perhaps I'm a masochist, but if I'm fighting a giantess for my life and not just an extended stay inside her, I really want to feel like I'm fighting for my life. Pert of that is difficulty based; I want to have a fighting chance of getting away, and I'd love to have one or two close calls, but if I screw up I kinda want to be punished for it. But, and this is the other half of the appeal of fatalty, I want there to be a real risk involved. If I lose to a giantess and I get digested/cummified/etc, I really don't want it just to be an "oops, you died, back to the game!" Kind of scenario, I want to see that game over screen and have that finality.

Obviously, this is just my opinion. Like Quinn said, it would be totally unfair for me to say "oh this is the way it has to be or its a bad game." Truth be told, I absolutely love the game so far and I think it's probably the highest quality vore game available right now. This is just my 2 cents on fatality in games. Thanks for reading!
nullstuff
Somewhat familiar

Postby generalr » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:41 pm

I absolutely agree with what you've written. In order for there to be a middle ground, what you want is a game over without the game over - by its nature a paradox. I'll try my best to make that outcome work.
generalr
Somewhat familiar

Postby olgith » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Perhaps there is a middle ground that can be seen here, you have already included a system with the "girl in the wall" that revives you for a "price". Though what the actual price is we do not know for sure (something about energy or will to exist or spirit w/e) In this case, dying does include a punishment and when faced with a situation where death is a real factor with the girl (perhaps a warning, and more than one chance to escape).

Maybe with each death you take an increasing penalty to your stats, perhaps incorporating another method to regain said stats (succeeding challenges against certain girls, or a collectible). This stat penalty might be useful for a previously stated concurrence where being too strong might be a bad thing! It would allow for players whom have grinded too much to reach said content, and then completing challenges to regain their lost stats.

A simpler approach (though more grindy) would be allow for a selection at the beginning of a new game for a hardcore mode, where all the girls sport a "death clock" which the player must escape before it counts down, resulting in their digestion and full game over! (start from the beginning)
olgith
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game