Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Anomaly89 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:52 am

Halowinner wrote:i thought momonari was almost done with a update for the game


momonari is not the one working on the game. generalr was the one working on the update, but has stopped working on it.
Anomaly89
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby AGiant » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:41 pm

Hey people,

I'm new to RPG maker MV but I would like to work on this game if possible.
Does anybody know something how to do that.

AGiant
User avatar
AGiant
New to the forum
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:51 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Endierlord » Thu May 14, 2020 9:07 pm

I need help downloading. I got a new computer, and now it always just downloads a single file that I can't open

Unless the download link is too old
User avatar
Endierlord
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:52 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Archangel64 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:18 pm

Konfusis wrote:
Archangel64 wrote:Callen2, the teacher scene is in the bathroom, first row of the toilets, first door, at the smaller form


How do you get that scene I keep going as small after Rita's potion and I don't see the teacher.

Did u find it already now after 3 months? if not, go in the smaller form to the bathroom and go to the first row of toilets and in the first stall u will find the teacher, it can be that u have to meet her first on a other place in the smaller form and than in the bathroom
Just try, u will find her
User avatar
Archangel64
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:43 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby StyxxianArmada » Thu May 28, 2020 12:33 am

Hello so I have been trying to download the game played it a while ago, I have found memories of when I did, however when I try to play it on my current laptop I get this blank page ad the icon where the whole game is supposed to be. Anyone think they can help?
User avatar
StyxxianArmada
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:50 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Xexy » Thu May 28, 2020 1:04 am

If its a .rar file you need to get something that opens rar files like winrar or something but im not quite sure what your problem is and if you sent some pictures it might help.
User avatar
Xexy
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:25 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Halowinner » Thu May 28, 2020 9:03 am

It sad generalr vanish i hope hes still around or something
Halowinner
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:03 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Archangel64 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:11 am

Is anyone of you working at this game?
User avatar
Archangel64
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:43 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Anomaly89 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:45 am

compared to awesome games like tiny misadventure this game was terrible and filled with bugs. i dont understand why people still want this game.
Anomaly89
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby sumgai89 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:50 am

Anomaly89 wrote:compared to awesome games like tiny misadventure this game was terrible and filled with bugs. i dont understand why people still want this game.


The bugs were unfortunate, but the core game design idea was really smart. Giving you stats that level up as you struggle and escape from girls is a great way to add a progression system to this style of game, and makes failed escape attempts still mean something since you're gradually building up your strength to be able to finally emerge from your fleshy prison. The only issue with that design concept is that you could eventually become so powerful that no girl could contain you, but the in-game system of shrinking you down even further and needing to sacrifice some of your stat points to regrow is a neat solution. The only issues the game really had for me was the at times questionable art quality and the bugs. The game just completely breaks apart at the slightest provocation, for seemingly no reason. If the original developer or somebody new could come in, fix the bugs, and start adding new content, this could potentially be the best of this type of game.
sumgai89
New to the forum
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:25 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Firon » Thu May 28, 2020 11:36 am

Anomaly89 wrote:compared to awesome games like tiny misadventure this game was terrible and filled with bugs. i dont understand why people still want this game.


you wouldn't HAVE those games if it wasn't for this one...have some damned respect
Firon
---
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:00 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby ikazuchi » Thu May 28, 2020 1:53 pm

This game even at this stage still has a lot of content.
Tiny misadventures has far less content so far.

So until they break even .. this is still the game to go to.
ikazuchi
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby secretish » Thu May 28, 2020 2:02 pm

ikazuchi wrote:This game even at this stage still has a lot of content.
Tiny misadventures has far less content so far.

So until they break even .. this is still the game to go to.

Fairly sure that with its last update, Tiny Misadventures has a similar amount of content as this, if not more. Not that this game is bad or anything, but honestly, Tiny Misadventures just feels like a far more polished version. Still, they are different games, so more fetish content is always nice.
secretish
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Archangel64 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:21 pm

It can be, that Shrinking fun isn't better than Tiny Misadventure, but the idea of the game is better, because u can level up and gets stronger while playing.... and for me, i like the art of Shrinking fun.

My top 3 Shrinking games:
1. Shrink EXP
2./3. Shrinking fun/Tiny Misadventure (i can't tell which one is better in my eyes, so they have to share 2.&3. place)


(Why Shrink EXP? This game have more content/world as SF & TM together, the art is also better.)
User avatar
Archangel64
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:43 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Black_Knight » Thu May 28, 2020 3:21 pm

Firon wrote:
Anomaly89 wrote:compared to awesome games like tiny misadventure this game was terrible and filled with bugs. i dont understand why people still want this game.


you wouldn't HAVE those games if it wasn't for this one...have some damned respect

What Firon says is true; granted everyone has the right to voice their opinions but to do so with out a shred of respect is insulting to not only the developer and the people who put in the effort making the game that, arguably, helped pave the way for this type of game to become popular but also to those who took inspiration from this game to make their own versions of the game. Now, to make myself clear... I am not stating that you are wrong in your assessment... the game was indeed buggy, this is a fact that no one can deny. Terrible?, is your opinion and a rather undefined one at that... why was it terrible? because of the bugs? If so, then I would disagree the game was still rather playable, yes, soft locks were more than annoying but not enough to really break the game or make it terrible, I mean all games have bugs... Or was it the concept? If so, that would not hold water as you stated that TMA was an awesome game... Perhaps the gameplay? If so, I would like to hear what about the idea of being able to slowly become stronger and being to eventually overpower your captors is a terrible idea?... Maybe the fetishes? Not likely, seeing as, once again, you stated TMA was an awesome game... Now, I can understand if you just like TMA more than SF (I also prefer TMA over SF; the only exception being I like the idea of becoming strong enough to overpower my captors). If that is the reason you should just say so instead of saying it like you did or at least give valid reasons as to why it was terrible... then it could be seen more as constructive criticism or in this case a critical review, seeing as the game seems to be in an indefinite hiatus. However, I am sure everyone wants my ass to get off the soap box and stop preaching... I just happened to really like this game and felt like I should throw my 2 cents in... I apologize for the lecture lol
User avatar
Black_Knight
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 1:06 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby SquishySofty » Thu May 28, 2020 3:41 pm

Anomaly89 wrote:I don't understand why people still want this game.


Even if the game does have bugs and development haven't been going on for about 3 years, it does bring a lot of inspiration from games to games. Even if it inspired me to make a Ren'py version of Shrinking Fun. Though, it was more of a prototype experiment (With only one girl).
❤ Sophie and Maria best girls~ ❤
User avatar
SquishySofty
Participator
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Anomaly89 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:05 pm

Black_Knight wrote:
Firon wrote:
Anomaly89 wrote:compared to awesome games like tiny misadventure this game was terrible and filled with bugs. i dont understand why people still want this game.


you wouldn't HAVE those games if it wasn't for this one...have some damned respect

What Firon says is true; granted everyone has the right to voice their opinions but to do so with out a shred of respect is insulting to not only the developer and the people who put in the effort making the game that, arguably, helped pave the way for this type of game to become popular but also to those who took inspiration from this game to make their own versions of the game. Now, to make myself clear... I am not stating that you are wrong in your assessment... the game was indeed buggy, this is a fact that no one can deny. Terrible?, is your opinion and a rather undefined one at that... why was it terrible? because of the bugs? If so, then I would disagree the game was still rather playable, yes, soft locks were more than annoying but not enough to really break the game or make it terrible, I mean all games have bugs... Or was it the concept? If so, that would not hold water as you stated that TMA was an awesome game... Perhaps the gameplay? If so, I would like to hear what about the idea of being able to slowly become stronger and being to eventually overpower your captors is a terrible idea?... Maybe the fetishes? Not likely, seeing as, once again, you stated TMA was an awesome game... Now, I can understand if you just like TMA more than SF (I also prefer TMA over SF; the only exception being I like the idea of becoming strong enough to overpower my captors). If that is the reason you should just say so instead of saying it like you did or at least give valid reasons as to why it was terrible... then it could be seen more as constructive criticism or in this case a critical review, seeing as the game seems to be in an indefinite hiatus. However, I am sure everyone wants my ass to get off the soap box and stop preaching... I just happened to really like this game and felt like I should throw my 2 cents in... I apologize for the lecture lol


just for everyone's information, i have followed the development of this game since it was first created by theninja0 back in mid 2017, so believe me when i say that i really did enjoyed it, but that was strictly because it was the first of it's kind and the only one of it's kind. that being said, the game was nonetheless still a terribly bug filled game, yes all games have bugs but no to the level of this one, at least in TMA the developers make sure to polish it as much as they can and because of that their are barely any bugs in the game, which shows true devotion and passion, something shrinking fun truly lacked.

While there is absolutely no denying that this game was the one that inspired more games of this genre, it does in no way justify the faults it had. the main reason being the amount of bugs that made it nearly unplayable. I, of course, absolutely love the concept this game created, and i am indeed grateful for such a smart concept, but you cannot expect me to believe that this game was actually good when it came to development, hell, even both developers quit the production because it was to complicated. the art could have also used more work, yes i know it was taken from other sources just like TMA, but with TMA the art seems so well done that it can be seen as something fresh. i was indifferent to the level up system used in the game, i mean it was nice to know that the more you struggled the stronger you would get, but i felt it killed the realism of being tiny and being devoured by a woman's genital, although to be fair, realism isn't really important in a game like this, so who cares. TMA lacks the levelling up system this one had and i think it makes it feel more like you are actually tiny and struggling. overall, the main reason i believe this game is not worth it is because it's to complicated to continue, which was stated by theninja0 and i am assuming generalr also feels that way since he also dropped it, it has way to many bugs, the art needs some work, and the entire gameplay needs a complete re working. this is my two cents on the matter, and i am of course not saying that no one should continue it, but at this rate, i doubt anyone will and it's just best to leave it be and move on.
Anomaly89
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby Black_Knight » Thu May 28, 2020 6:59 pm

Anomaly89 wrote:
just for everyone's information, i have followed the development of this game since it was first created by theninja0 back in mid 2017, so believe me when i say that i really did enjoyed it, but that was strictly because it was the first of it's kind and the only one of it's kind. that being said, the game was nonetheless still a terribly bug filled game, yes all games have bugs but no to the level of this one, at least in TMA the developers make sure to polish it as much as they can and because of that their are barely any bugs in the game, which shows true devotion and passion, something shrinking fun truly lacked.

While there is absolutely no denying that this game was the one that inspired more games of this genre, it does in no way justify the faults it had. the main reason being the amount of bugs that made it nearly unplayable. I, of course, absolutely love the concept this game created, and i am indeed grateful for such a smart concept, but you cannot expect me to believe that this game was actually good when it came to development, hell, even both developers quit the production because it was to complicated. the art could have also used more work, yes i know it was taken from other sources just like TMA, but with TMA the art seems so well done that it can be seen as something fresh. i was indifferent to the level up system used in the game, i mean it was nice to know that the more you struggled the stronger you would get, but i felt it killed the realism of being tiny and being devoured by a woman's genital, although to be fair, realism isn't really important in a game like this, so who cares. TMA lacks the levelling up system this one had and i think it makes it feel more like you are actually tiny and struggling. overall, the main reason i believe this game is not worth it is because it's to complicated to continue, which was stated by theninja0 and i am assuming generalr also feels that way since he also dropped it, it has way to many bugs, the art needs some work, and the entire gameplay needs a complete re working. this is my two cents on the matter, and i am of course not saying that no one should continue it, but at this rate, i doubt anyone will and it's just best to leave it be and move on.


First of all, I would like to thank you for the civil and very well done rebuttal to my post.

I will have to agree that in comparison to TMA's very "polished" art and coding and their bug hunting efforts; that SF was... lacking. I am unsure of the devotion and passion part of the argument, seeing as I am not the Dev, being accurate. I believe it was more the fact that the Devs were unable to come up with a solution to fix and tame the beast that was SF's coding; now whether this was from lack of skill, time, resources, or as you suggested a lack of devotion and passion? I can not say.

As for the next part of your post, I will once again have to agree with you, while your criticisms are harsh they are objectively true, which is important. You clearly gave your reasons as to what you believed to be terrible about this game; that it is a developmental and coding nightmare, mostly the coding part. You said that you enjoyed the concept and idea of the game, so in regards to that the game was good in your opinion, it just failed in development and coding, which again is an objective truth. I will not go into too much analysis of your rebuttal but I will say this... this was a good critical review of the SF game and while harsh it was still respectful. I, unfortunately, have to agree with your sentiment that, unless you completely redo the ground work, it is better to let this game rest and serve as inspiration rather than tackle the severe coding issues. Thanks again for the rebuttal, Anomaly89
User avatar
Black_Knight
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 1:06 am

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby TheMastermind » Thu May 28, 2020 11:16 pm

Firon wrote:
Anomaly89 wrote:compared to awesome games like tiny misadventure this game was terrible and filled with bugs. i dont understand why people still want this game.


you wouldn't HAVE those games if it wasn't for this one...have some damned respect


Dude, you have no respect for Anomaly89 here.
Their opinion is entirely justified, as the game is a complete mess. I got about 2 hours of gameplay out of it before I got bored of the convoluted time progression system and directionless objectives.
It isn't fun to play, that is a fact, regardless of the important role this game played.

Here's a little anecdote, which you likely already know about, to help understanding:
It's like asking why someone would buy an iPhone (origional/1) despite there being like, 16 better versions available (including S,C, and whatever models). The phone sucks now, even though it revolutionised mobile phones entirely. NOBODY, who could get a newer version, would get the original version. Hence, it is reasonable to ask why they would still buy it.
C'mon I know you're thinkin' about it >)-(<
User avatar
TheMastermind
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Re: Shrinking Fun v0.50 >>Updated: 11/19/2017<<

Postby shakey2 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:40 am

TheMastermind wrote:Here's a little anecdote, which you likely already know about, to help understanding:
It's like asking why someone would buy an iPhone (origional/1) despite there being like, 16 better versions available (including S,C, and whatever models). The phone sucks now, even though it revolutionised mobile phones entirely. NOBODY, who could get a newer version, would get the original version. Hence, it is reasonable to ask why they would still buy it.

That *analogy doesn't work. We aren't comparing hardware developed and iterated upon by the same people. A more accurate comparison would be Starbound and Terraria. Both share many similarities but they are without a doubt different games.

Hell even if I use your bad analogy; Take windows OS for instance. There were always those who stick to the older OS until they are forced to upgrade because they like the old designs better even though they didn't have the new features. Even today there are still people who still stick to windows 7 over 10.

I personally enjoy both tiny games, but I still prefer certain elements of Shrinking Fun more.
shakey2
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:33 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AmishWatcher, bearlord42, Bing [Bot], cinosfan, clone4000, cr63121, equino, Insanity7, Lukasar1, LulaPlasmatail, mattheus98, Noraa, pelr30, PotatoFarmer, Ragedkill, Seifens, SinowZoa, sjkd34, Superl, swagmcgeebass, TableManners, Trubot527, viral31, whale, Wheatles, Wolfcrux