Monster Tamer Game? Collaborative?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Monster Tamer Game? Collaborative?

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:15 pm

So, while looking at everything RPG Maker MV has for Pokemon, I got to thinking about something similar using the classic Fantasy Monsters. Skeletons, Goblins, Harpies, Centaurs, Elves, and the like being collected to work for the Player in battles.
Ruins and similar areas could add a Mystery Dungeon element for Quests. Collection of similar Monsters causes the information to be absorbed into the first one caught this strengthening it, and eventually unlocking new forms.

While I have gotten good at manipulating the character creator, working with an actual artist would be a nice change so I could focus on the maps, skills, and quests. The art style of the artist would set the tone for the tilesets and look of the game.

I'm not sure if such a basic concept would interest this community, but I figured putting the idea out for others to see could at least provide feedback on the style of play.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Monster Tamer Game? Collaborative?

Postby DirtyMac » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:04 pm

I've heard many a tale of woe and despair of those on this forum who wish to group people in for a rpg maker game but fail to have any demos or anything outside proof of concepts. Still, I'm intrigued. What would be in it for me?
DirtyMac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:26 pm

Curious! I'm wondering how this might turn out myself. o3o
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Dagaz » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Is this a vore game?
Dagaz
New to the forum

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:58 am

Dagaz wrote:Is this a vore game?

No no it's an idea for one.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby hax » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:32 am

I've always liked the idea of a vore-as-fusion mechanic for a monster rpg....I was thinking about doing one myself...but it's all just notes lying around and sprites on old drives.
hax
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dagaz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:30 am

Well, that's actually a good idea. It would be realllly nice to have a game where you can tame lots of various monster girl and put them into your party. And not like in that stupid Monster Monpiece where are hundreds of cards with different looking monster girls and just 6 or so models who replace them all in gameplay and doesn't even look similiar.
Dagaz
New to the forum

Postby Murderkarp » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:04 pm

This sounds like a neat idea. But, yeah, as stated, working with multiple people might become an issue. But godspeed and that jazz.
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:03 pm

.... If it'll be sprite based then I think it's best to just set up a whole assortment of various "Parts" that can come together to form a monster... or able to mix-and-match. Like say... Dragon body, lower centaur body, mermaid ears, etc...
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby b5n » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:45 pm

if you make pokemon alike game you could do this (player/ordi :so the winner can if he/she wan't to eat the loser and his/her beast to eat the other beast
b5n
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:44 am

Well, looks like some, but not a lot of interest, and here I am already laying out the map for Route 2 using the Old School Modern tilesets.

Well, guess I'll have to see if I can get my crappy art skills going and try to make something with it.

As for the vore and lewd elements, there are a number of ways to interlace those in with the evented battles. The absorption of enemy monsters to strength your own is still going to be the major gameplay focus though.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RumiBelly » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:04 am

I've had the idea to make a game like this over a year ago (along with some others), unfortunately lacked programing skill time and artistic ability. I since gained the time, and my art improved a little, but there's still some stuff I struggle with drawing, and my style is basic. Take a look at my gallery and message me if your interested in working together. (sorry there's nothing recent in the gallery, My recent drawings haven't been vore related)
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game